/STG/ - Star Trek General

Best Butt Edition

Previous Thread: A thread for discussing the 'Star Trek' franchise and its various tabletop adaptations.

Possible topics include Modiphius' new rpg 'Star Trek Adventures', WizKids miniatures game 'Star Trek: Attack Wing', and Gale Force Nine's board game 'Star Trek: Ascendancy', as well as the previous rpgs produced by FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher, the Starfleet Battles Universe, and the Star Trek universe in general.

Game Resources

Star Trek Adventures
-Official Modiphius Page (Rules, FAQ and Player Resources)
>modiphius.com/star-trek.html
-PDF Collection
>mediafire.com/folder/0w33ywljd1pdt/Star_Trek_Adventures

Older Licensed RPGs (FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher)
>pastebin.com/ndCz650p

Other (Unlicensed) RPGS (Far Trek + Lasers and Feelings)
>pastebin.com/uzW5tPwS

Star Trek: Attack Wing
-Official WizKids Page (Rules, FAQ and Player Resources)
>wizkids.com/attackwing/star-trek-attack-wing/

Star Trek: Ascendancy
-Official Gale Force Nine Page (Rules and Player Resources)
>startrek.gf9games.com/

Star Trek: Fleet Captain
-Official WizKids Page (Rules and Player Resources)
>wizkids.com/star-trek-fleet-captains/

Lore Resources

Memory Alpha - Canon wiki
>en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Portal:Main

Memory Beta - Noncanon wiki for licensed Star Trek works
>memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Fan Sites - Analysis of episodes, information on ships, technobabble and more
>pastebin.com/mxLWAPXF

Star Trek Maps - Based on the Star Trek Star Charts, updated and corrected
>startrekmap.com/index.html

/stg/ Homebrew Content
>pastebin.com/H1FL1UyP

Modiphius takes down links for the ST:A core rulebook. Look in the archives or ask someone to send it to you via discord. Or... you know... buy the rulebook.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m-uV3gL3cEM
shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/destroyer_preble.jpg
shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/scout_ascender.jpg
shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/carrier_lepanto.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>expecting consistency from Voyager
user plz

Is it bad that I want STD S2 to hurry up so we see more high res canon Connies?

Yes.

I want more of Tilly getting high off her ass with some Orion dudes

Or more of Tilly ass and Orion girl ass in general, really.

I actually really like the Crossfield class design

Why does nobody ever call McCoy out for being a racist twat to Spock all the time?

I'd rather they take their time and maybe tidy shit up in terms of how they write characters and plots.

Because vulcans are super racist to everyone else.

It was the 60s and the character was from the South.

That the Phase 2 secondary hull is superior is not up for debate; however, I just don't like the TMP nacelles-are the ORIGINAL Phase 2 nacelles with the red bussard and blue grills patrician or pleb?
>also, I LOVE the ambassador-style dark leading edge on the neck but it needs to end in a torpedo launcher above the dish

The nacelles on are the JJ film ones, just done in a not-obnoxious way.
TMP Nacelles are actually fairly different to the phase 2 ones, and should be grey/black except for a blue glow on the interior grills at times.

Yamato nacelles improve the galaxy line so hard its silly.

>
That was a great episode, and that trumps continuity.

Well, it's time for another update on the U.S.S. Ophion and her shenanigans. She's gotten herself into another scuffle with some Romulans. This time 3 D'deridex class Warbirds belongings to the rogue Tal Shiar group. She's not alone in this fight. We were backed up by Commander Vetu, sent by the Romulan Senate to assist us in solving this Trilithium warhead crisis. After some quick pregaming, we ship off to the Kora System where an embedded double agent has pinpointed a Tal Shiar outpost and gotten word to us that the warheads would be passing through.

The battle did not go as painlessly as the conflict with the Mogai from before. In particular, my section of the Ophion took a beating. We dealt as good as we got. Crippling the I.R.W Marre and outright destroying the I.R.W. Henclan. The I.R.W. Oakis managed to escape but we determined it was not carrying the warheads we sought.

After taking prisoners and thanking our ally Commander Vetu, we continue back to Deep Space Daedalus to finally get back to our original mission of exploration. Teaser for next week: John Maddoc and Chief Heilong of STA: Arcadia, are officially transferred to the Ophion for active duty.

youtube.com/watch?v=m-uV3gL3cEM

Now I want this hull for my stocelsior.

It should just be the stock Excelsior parts.

On this episode of :Funky Fan Fleet:
>shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/destroyer_preble.jpg
vs
>shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/scout_ascender.jpg

was supposed to be a Sovereign-era
shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/carrier_lepanto.jpg

Those feel like the core of a good idea executed wrong.
Like the Ascender would work way better with First Contact+ era parts. And the Preble could probably do quite nicely just extending the deflector bulge forwards then moving it down so it's in line with the saucer's edge.

That just feels like it's trying to be a FASA abomination.

Why isn't the Preble's deflector on the bottom of the saucer?

Preeble should have the nacelle further forward (entirely under the saucer) so that it connects at the back, like on the Galaxy

Nah. Hull Textures is different. Some botes can be made really delicious by changing the hull material. Others that look gorgeous, become terribad with the wrong material

>Watching DS9 while flying a Defiant around

Sierra tho?

Because they are good friends having banter and Starfleet at the time was not full of delicate little princesses.

Eh, Kinda liked it as a starting uniform, only at 39.

The navigation lights under the shuttlebay should be torpedo launchers, and the torpedo launcher should be a third impulse engine so that the center of thrust lines up with the center of mass (also so that the secondary hull can still maneuver when separated)

They are.

Unless you mean the keel shuttlebay. Which should be eliminated altogether so that the armoured superstructure belly bulge protecting it can also be eliminated.

I'd thicken the engine hull dorsal ventrally and smoothly integrate the pylons into the engine hull much closer to the ent refit whilst still maintaining the horizontal pylons with their abrupt vertical cant to mount the nacelles. The silly bubble thing and hollowed out top deck have always marked her beauty. Makes her aft look weak and anorexic.

Where the aft shuttle bay flares up I would make that the top of the engine hull all the way along. Smooth out her lines better. Give her bones some meat on them.

get rid of the red shit and the shuttlebay it protects so you can have a normal keel, then build up the engi hull smoother where the white is
this also give you more room for a bigger deflector and better torps. maybe a four tube array.

>we're 70,000 light years from the nearest starbase with limited supplies of photon torpedoes, deuterium and antimatter and no way to replace them
>subtext: because we don't know anybody out this far who'll trade with us or whether the things they can trade, including spares which would be time-consuming and labor-intensive to manufacture as a cottage industry aboard ship, can be adapted to work with our systems or whether our systems can be adapted to work with multiple non-standard elements, but eventually given our level of technology and large, talented crew, we'll be able to figure something out
>viewers:"please like, favorite and subscribe to my YouTube channel about how many photon torpedoes and shuttlecraft Voyager got through over the course of its journey this should have been impossible based on Janeway's statements in Caretaker I think you'll agree that Kirk was the best captain"

Seems like they realized that the Doctor was too valuable to lose and put some off-screen effort into backing him up, only to almost immediately lose the backup and decide it was too resource-intensive a process to repeat. Or they did repeat it and it just never became an issue again.

sorry did you just post a picture of the Enterprise-D and mention tidy characters and plots in the same post, you fucking hypocrite

>reading through zack handlen tng reviews
>doesn't like lwaxana eps

>it's a the boss's wife episode

And it's not like Spock didn't fire right back with the bantz

Then they should have actually put it on screen. They could have had a Great Matter Continuum type episode actually showing Neelix as an actually good trader showing the VOY crew how it's done and getting them the parts that they needed to contrast him being useless at everything else and answering the question of why they even let him stay on the ship. But they felt Warp 10 Lizards and Kes Goes In To Heat were better uses of episodes.

In a similar manner they could have had the Emergency Hologram Diagnostic Program, Kim and Tom teaming up to break the copyright on the EMH so they could make a backup. Instead we got Holodeck Malfunctions And Grendel Eats Kim.

Because Spock was just as much one to fire stuff at him. The two were very vitriolic friends, as much as a Vulcan is able to be vitriolic.

Speaking of butts, what do you think of the miniskirt dress code? Too much? Just enough?

Having Neelix actually be good at his job would have been nice. Like, let him stay a little turd of a person but make him a USEFUL little turd, capable of getting them all the materials they need.

As long as it's available to men too I'm ok with it.

A fucking stupid idea born of a combination of trying to up ratings and Roddenberry being very much a creepy uncle type person at times and in no way would anyone in any position of authority give such a uniform the rubber stamp of approval on a space ship where it may be necessary to be able to jump into a space suit at a moment's notice.

On the other hand those are some damn fine legs so I'm not actually complaining that stupidity was allowed.

How does that uniform make it any harder to get into a spacesuit than the men's uniform? The only real trouble would be the boots, and the men's boots are hardly better.

Them spacesuits had their own problems.

I was thinking that the skirt would bunch up but now I realize how little of an issue that would be.

Well that can easily be fixed just make the female Starfleet uniform a leotard

>Then they should have actually put it on screen.
see picture with the post you're replying to

I'm sorry but if you can't make an interesting episode out of the trading of anti-matter and sci-fi spare parts with outlaws and privateers via a shady scavenger of dubious morals then it's time to stop pretending you can do this professionally.

>beekeeper suit painted silver
Ah the joys of low budget prop departments. I like to believe the skirts were that short because they couldn't afford the extra cloth required to make them longer.

Nah, Theiss was totally doing it for the sex appeal.

It was the 60s.

That's my feeling on the TOS show uniforms. Very short period in which (as we know now from STD, and guessed then from Garth's uniform) the longstanding blue of the original NX-era Starfleet crews gave way to bright primaries/pastels and went from practical jumpsuits to a more fashion-conscious sweatervest and pants/minidress and hose combo.

Clearly, the 2260s were every bit as dumb and transgressive as the 1960s, and this was every bit as short-lived a period as the 1960s turned out to be, because by TMP - which can only be a maximum of 9 years after Kirk's 5 year mission on TOS, per the USS Bozeman's crew uniforms being WoK-era, and must be a minimum of 2.5 years after the 5 year mission per TMP dialogue - the whole of Starfleet was switched to the white uniforms, something which, per Generations and both DS9 and VOY around the same time, probably means the uniform changes were several years earlier as multiple generations of uniform are known to be in use at the same time without this becoming a disciplinary offense for crewmembers.

If we take TAS as canon then the TOS uniforms were in use until the very end of the 5 year mission (but only so far as we know for those crews encountered by the Enterprise at this time, as well as the Enterprise crew; it's possible they were in use longer for those crews on deep space or long term assignments). Which means around 2270 the shades of beige uniforms came in; in 2278 (when the Bozeman set out) they'd been completely replaced by the heavier WoK uniforms (WoK is actually set 7 years afterward, so that Marcus could have an adult son by Kirk), which would remain in use until at least the 2240s (per Picard flashback episodes). Ironically the skirt was brought back by the Bozeman uniforms and didn't go away until, so far as we know, the time of Generations (as no skants/skirts are seen in later uniform schemes).

It was the 2260s. Crazy time. If you remember it, you weren't there.

Brah Starfleet is totally racist. Have you seen the way Picard regards non-federation species?

>EVE Online.exe

With rather more patience than they deserve most of the time.

TMP had the worse uniforms.

I think a lot of TOS was a drug-induced hallucination

Most of TOS was the troupe from Conscious of the King creating dramatizations of the dude that killed their leader.

>stupid idea

I dunno, I think the miniskirts are super cute.

I'm a fan of the Odyssey uniform design. It feels like a good continuation of style from TNG/DS9/VOY.

But I'd prefer if the captain's uniform was simply like the general red officer uniform. The white top looks ugly.

What uniforms? All I see is those guys from Wall-E finally out of the chairs.

As much as I appreciate the sex appeal of all the qt's in TOS wearing miniskirts, I did like that in the pilot, Number One was wearing a regular uniform. It is a look that projects the idea of "hey, I'm an officer" better.

And then the movies brought the miniskirts back because Abrams.

I like what they do for the Admiral’s uniform where they change the top section to black.

Abrams has a hard-on for pandering to nostalgia, blindly reproducing old things without much of a thought other than "hey, remember that?".

TOS was a 60's TV show with a shitty budget, and the uniforms reflected that. When they finally had money to do things right, we got the totally rad Wrath of Khan uniforms (after a slight detour with the TMP abominations). But I guess those don't tickle the nostalgia bone for the masses, so Abrams didn't bother to go with something like that. Or, be actually creative and come up something original with his reboot.

I like the idea that Starfleet suddenly instituted a strict policy of making sure all their female officers had great legs.

Probably some kind of mandated leg day program.

Maybe Starfleet Command looked at Cadet Tilly and started to panic about their fitness standards.

Wouldn't Veeky Forums be extinct by then if they can cure autism?

>This really cannot continue, she's constantly out of breath and running a higher than average risk of needing medical attention
>Time for a Starfleet wide fitness program. Get those leg machines ready

But user, that would be Genetic Manipulation. And we can’t have that. Everybody knows that there’s no sliding scale of what is/isn’t safe genetic engineering. Cure a kid of Tourette’s today and they’ll be Khan tomorrow.

Genetic engineering is allowed in Federation to correct serious birth defects. Of course, whether they would categorize autism as such is up for a debate.

An interesting campaign for a star trek game would be setting up a parallel to Starfleet that does allow genetic modification.

It's a private enterprise not based on Earth and founded by private ship owners with no affiliation with Starfleet.

Your mission? Same as Starfleet but doing it better to prove that people who are better are in fact better. Eventually with the hopes of setting up a homeworld for augments and maybe even supplanting Starfleet as the UFPs military.

And maybe have a one or two wannabe Khans in there for a good measure.

Is Starfleet waging war on thiccness?

Why wouldn't it?
>Obesity is a leading cause of Diabetes, heart disease and numerous other medical conditions damaging internal organs as well as a major cause of cancer in certain organs
>Federationlikely has a free healthcare system in place, it is a fucking techno utopia after all
>Most cost effective method of handling disease and medical condition is preventative medicine
>Only folks who can afford luxuries (starfleet personnel) can afford to get themselves antiques and enough replicator rations to get fat, while their medical officer whines at their obesity problem every chance (s)he gets

THOSE MONSTERS

MUH THIGHS

FUCK that future

That is already reality in Finland.
Possibly Sweden and Norway too.
Well except the "you need money for luxuries that make you fat" part, after all, chips and coke are cheaper than some proper foods here.

>post scarcity techno-utopia
>afford luxuries
Are you retarded?

>Augment sleeper ship gets anomalied away to a distant part of the galaxy
>They find a planet and start a colony
>Centuries of experimental genetic alteration has left them completely inhuman looking as they continue to enhance and improve
>Have developed their own form of warp using super intelligence
>Starfleet pulls up one day thinking they found a new species

Well in that case why work at all or risk life in starfleet?
Why not have every federation ship be an automated exploration/warship?
Besides, in TOS they still got paid.

And after all, to be fit is for the greater good of the person himself as well as for the greater good of the federation, fit citizens make healthy citizens and healthy citizens are productive citizens.

>why

Because without people bothering to do things, where's the story?

There's shitloads of fat people in Scandinavia wtf are you talking about

Well, when you compare cheap and fast but bad for you stuff with fresh and healthy in terms of volume, the former is easily a bigger bang for SNAP dollars. Especially if they have to work 2 part-time jobs just to barely make rent and bills.

dude, even if i was a berjillionaire and ruler of all humanity, if i got given the choice to go ut and explore the fucking universe, you bet i'm chucking all the money, concubines and wrold domination out the fucking window for Dat sweet sweet exploration.

What kind of fucking Veeky Forums fantasy / scifi fan are you that you DON'T fucking GET that burning drive to explore, to discover.

are you some kind of apathetic lazy fuckwit? because you sound like a potato that plainy does NOT GET the whole 'human condition' schtick.

In DS9 Starfleet personnel clearly get some kind of allowance they can use to gamble, use the holosuites, buy food or clothing on the promenade, etc. How it all worked is never really explained, though. I always assumed it was something like an expense account, where Starfleet don't actually pay them but will foot the bill up to a certain amount per month

I did say that fatty food is cheap too, didn't i?
Also the doctor will always give you an earfull about how you should go on a diet and lose weight around here.

What do you think happened to his planet?

Because true explorers are surprizingly rare (i wouldn't be surprized if they were all congregated in here, on a board that is all about exploring strange new worlds and shit) and others require some sort of motivator, be it loot, lordship over a planet or some green girls.

Or you know this being Kirks ship it's possible, that his attraction to good looking females is well known in the Starfleet and the people doing the crew assignments humour him.

Keep in mind that a lot of Khan's problems came from his upbringing.

He was raised to be a commander of his fellow super soldiers and fight in the most awful war humanity had been in by that point, show no mercy, show no weakness and never ever stop.

And despite all that he turned out not that bad. He never attacked any other nation unprovoked and his own nation was functional and not too bad to live in if you didn't rock the boat.

Imagine you were an astronomer. What's better, being stuck in one place, or being able to make observations in a mobile lab facility?

Same with xenobiologists, and a whole host of other skills.

Probably fucked.

in the future all those other faggots have been wiped out. ww3 remember.

only the tough brave survivors who banded together to live through the rad storms et al. lived. all the useless cunts are DEAD. that's what starfleet etc. gets built out of. the ashes of a mostly dead world with only the best and brightest, the toughest, the most humane left alive.

As of the end of VOY it still had some time left, a few centuries before it becomes to uninhabitable to support civilization. And that will happen because they can't suspend their dogmatic adherence to a Logan's Run law despite all the people who could be helpful in this situation being old.

They are going to have to relocate eventually.

Also, I'm sure that after you've gotten all the crazy hedonistic urgres out of your system on the holodeck, you'd probably feel the need to do something that gives a genuine sense of accomplishment and fulfillment. Be it create works of art, pick up some sort of a trade, help to build up a new colony, or explore the frontier.

Also augmented.

It's never been stated that Augments couldn't interbreed and even if Khan was in a monogamous long term relationship with another of his own kind you can bet your ass that the other men of his kind were probably knee deep in pussy. Because they were all rich, powerful, strong, beautiful smart and had ridiculous stamina. Cover them in glitter and they could pas for Mary Sue vampires.