"we need the best gun in 40k!"

>"we need the best gun in 40k!"
say no more

Best gun coming through

>Inefficient, wasteful.
>Disgusting, heretekal, un-aesthetic
Make way for the true weapons of the universe.

It's seriously outgunned by the double-fire bullshit of Leman Russes. True, there are a few, minor advantages to picking a Bassy over a LR (such as lower cost), but overall another tank is the more solidly competitive pick.

You get 2 russes for 3 basilisks, so it's 14 s8 ap2 shots vs 13.5 s9 ap3 shots that don't need los. It isn't 'seriously outgunned', out armoured maybe, and can't take Pask+ a bunch of sponsons, but its gun is better.

Make space for the best mass produced gun in the setting.

>ITT: a lack of vortex deathstrike missiles

>missile
>gun

a missile is just a gun with a plugged barrel

You know, it's actually sort of depressing how low tech necron solutions are.

>Okay so we made a coil gun, but what if they get close?
>Put a bayonet on it or something i'unno.

Well, sometimes the simplest solution is the best.
Most of crons infantry aren't made to be in CC with the enemy. And it would probably be a waste to put their high tech CC weapons in there if the user wouldn't be able to effectively use it at all.

Necrons are supposed to be crazy strong, in the fluff that hatchet is scary as hell swinging down on you.

Only reason to get a Basilisk is to get a chimera-hull for converting Wyvern or Manticore and using the gun for Vanquisher conversion.

Yes, im an idort and I play vanquishers.

>pointless FAL-looking carrying handle on the Arquebus.
Still my favorite guns in 40k

And wyverns, apparently.

>A gun that kills you as you use it

That said, all the other Skitarii weapons are awesome as fuck

not so fast, patrician aesthetic cannon coming through

Nah, all in the DAKKA

>All these wrong answers.

I think, point-for-point, the shadowsword may be one of the most powerful units in the game, at least in terms of the number of wounds it can put on a unit.

404 points for 3d3 shots at S16 (re-rolls failed wounds) with 2d6 damage per wound and +1 to hit against titanic.

Can also benifit from regiments and stratgems (which can buff to hitting on a 2+ rerolling 1's against titan units)

DIS ROIGHT 'ERE' IZ DA BEST GUN YA GITZ!

YOU'ZE NEED MORE DAKKA

>necrons supposed to be crazy strong
>still lose numerically to inferior armies of the Imperium
>aircraft BTFO by hydras
How the fuck does this even happen?

The NPCs never win, user.

NO, YOUZ NEED MORE DAKKA!

Have the imperium actually beaten the necrons in the fluff? They've had what, the Orphean War as the only major open conflict, which Necrons are winning, a dozen or so instances like the Blood Angels/Necron bffs one, whatever planet it was in Dead Men Walking that the Necrons overran, sanctuary whatever where the sisters got slaughtered, and then some pieces where "it turns out the necrons were using (or engineered) a war the imperium had with someone else to achieve their own goals." But I can't think of a time the imperium actually won. I geuss the occasional piece where it goes "tomb discovered, planet exterminatused" might count as a victory.

Dark Crusade

5e rulebook mentions a tomb world launching assaults with such frequency a planet has began to use them for target practice, because they know where and when they will strike.

Real best gun in 40k coming through

OP said Best Gun not Best AFV.

Wasn't that discription originally for the A-10 Thunderbolt