How does your character like their steak?

How does your character like their steak?

still twitching long pork

Well done with ketchup

Blue rare, peppercorn sauce.

RAW

Since cattle are new to the Old World (brought over by humans when they crossed the western sea), beef is considered a delicacy among the Elder Races. It is popularly served medium to well, typically heavily seasoned and pounded thin before going over an open flame or being simmered in a rich sauce.

Well done.

Anything else is retarded. Invented fire for a reason

How good is a peppercorn sauce, I have never tried it before

Soy, doesn't care about the sauce.

WELL WELL WELL
Looky here, looks like we got ourselves...a soyboy!

I mean it sounds more like my wife

Not him, but delicious.

MY WIFE
haha get it guys

>Those steaks.

Christ I wish. Up here in canada even the high end places or proper steak houses don't fucking understand how to cook steak properly. (Except Saskatchewan, the only place that fucking understands)

Have to always end up going down south to a nicer place to get anything cooked right.

this

Well done. My character doesn't eat raw meat like some kind of savage.

retard detected

Medium Well

get off your high horse, raw meat is good

This alignment chart needs a second axis to be useful, like the one I'm posting.

Leathery.

Moron. You don't need to reduce the beef to shoe texture to make it safe to eat.

He never eats anywhere nice enough that it would be a good idea to have it any other way than well done

breathing and capable of fighting back. The thrill of the fight ous almost as good as eating it

My character feeds exclusivly off the blood of drunk people, he's indifferent to steak

Batman eats his steaks well done.

Man I'm curious about what follows after with the banter. Why is does bats have that weird stuff around his neck and arms?

t. Degen from up north

Medium rare, with salt pepper & garlic.

Soft, low-fat, preferably dead.

Well done is when you don't trust the source of the meat.

It's from the Kingdom Come series. Read it if you can. It's the good stuff.

She doesn't eat meat.

Well-Done
With ketchup

Not yet, wink wink

>His elves aren't fully carnivorous

My character isn't an animal foaming at the mouth nor does he belong in a zoo so with the least amount of pink possible

Boiled with A.1.

Basically jerky. It's the only luxury he's really known, can't have classy steaks and shit for rations.

I've run that before, actually. Wood elves as a one part fairy tale monster, one part Vietcong.

Blue rare or rare

Whole group gets rare to medium. Last time someone ordered well done, people died. Turns out monstrous dungeon butchers are insane. Who knew?

raw meat is better than good! over cooked meat is less digestible and cabonization is carcinization

Medium rare at best. Anyone who takes it more well done is a fucking cop.

Paladins also like it medium rare at best though too. Anyone who takes it more well done is a fucking apostate.

hi Veeky Forums

Medium Rare, salt and pepper only

I can't tell if that's a girl robin or just a gay waiter.

Medium Rare
I want to enjoy the animals blood, but not have to drink all of it

Storytime please, that sounds amazing.

Clearly it's a gay girl waiter Robin

Steak is shit and for food tryhards that think eating expensive pieces of cow makes them fancy. Chicken > Beef

>Steak
>Expensive

>steak
He has much better taste in food.

I didn't know it was possible to have this shit taste.

Steak?
There are two ways to make good steak. The right way and the cheap way.
The right way: buy a good steak, add your favorite dry rub, maybe some onions, and grill that Shit up. Grill. Medium Rare. Anything else is disrespecting the quality of the meat. Serve with salt, pepper, or homemade gravy. Anything else, especially the abomination known as "Steak Sauce," is basically admitting you were wrong, and need someone else to do a better job for you.
The Cheap way: this is for poorfags and people who want a good steak at a cheap price. We're talking bargain bin cuts here. First, tenderize the cut in whatever method you prefer. Meat mallet, Tenderizer, baseball bat, whatever. Now, get some lard, or unflavored pig fat. What you're doing here is spreading that over the entire cut of meat, this is going to seal in juices, and add more fat to the cut, mimicking the taste of a higher quality, marbled cut. Dry season as normal. Now pan fry that, with the lid on to seal in the moisture. Maybe even add a little water to the pan to help it a bit. Again, we're going for Medium Well here.
When you're done, you'll have a pan full of meat drippings and a decent steak. Your options here are limitless, so long as you don't waste the meat drippings. You can make a good gravy with it, or fry an egg and some hash browns for a breakfast plate, or sautee some mushrooms, or even toast some buns/bread in it for a good steak sandwich.
Don't waste a quality steak on the latter method. A good steak needs nothing more than fire, seasoning, and skill to reach perfection.
And THAT is the best way to do steak.

Chicken is bland garbage, its why everyone fries the tasteless shit.
>Fried chicken
>Chicken nuggets
>Chicken tenders

As much as i disagree with that one user, I disagree with you even harder. If you think frying chicken is the only way to make it taste good, and that it's "bland garbage" then you are either a garbage cook or only know garbage cooks.

behold the burger in his natural habitat

I have no idea why people think rare taste good. They must be eating half a million dollar cows that eat nothing but spices or something because rare steak is plain and boring compared to other meats and the flavorless cold red part takes away from everything good about eating it.

Anyway, Glazed Ham, Brisket, Longpig, fatty, juicy meats. These are the meats my characters eat.

You have Shit taste
And you need to learn how to marinade. Chicken is worse than beef, but it's an amazing meat in its own right because it's the perfect blank canvas on which you can make any flavor appear. Anyone here from New York? What have you to say about a chicken Spiedie sandwich?

>makes them fancy
Funny thing - doesn't. Eating meat raw is a colonial thing, for some reason still really prevalent is USA especially. They aren't doing it in Central Europe, for example.
Good steak should be well done, but here is the catch - it is actually hard to cook it like that and a lot of effort must be put in the cooking. You can't just throw your meat on the iron and burn it. Pound with tenderizer, properly season, bit of oil on the pan, medium heat and, of course, flip it carefully.
Those who advocate for bloody chunks are just too lazy or unskilled to bother with proper cooking.

You fucking dandrophile! chicken is a mirror onto your cooking skills and creativity. Chicken is almost tasteless on its own but can reflect a whole spectrum of flavors and textures.

I have legitimately never tasted a good chicken beyond the skin. I don't even make chicken but i have had it as a kid, I have had it at restaurants, I have had chicken made by people who rave about how good their chicken is but the only good part is ever the skin.

Yeah, enjoy that 4.99 steak champ, you deserve it. Just make sure not to cook it well done, wouldn't want to ruin it now would we?

Cow steak? Medium rare.
Dragon steak? You're a faggot if you get it any rarer than rare.

>Father likes to grill
>Prep up some bomb ass porterhouses for grilling tonight
>We both like having a our steaks medium
>He is not a bad cook, and certainly not a bad griller
>Somehow he keeps overcooking steaks whenever he grills them
I love him but I feel so depressed about wasting these beautiful steaks with making them well done

Any more well done, I'm an idiot

So you are saying chicken is bland and tasteless and the only good parts are marinades and seasonings?

>Chicken > Beef
Ah, good old poverty fowl. I remember the days when I ate their loathsome flesh every day.

But we mammals were meant to eat other mammals. Beef is king of meats.

There's good chicken, but I admit its rare. I usually don't order at restaurants because it almost always comes out dry and awful.

*Beef is king of the obese.
ftfy

>blue rare

I didn't even know this was a thing. That's fucking disgusting and probably how you get gut parasites. People don't actually order their steaks like that, do they? Dogs wouldn't even eat that.

I never even bother with chicken anymore. If I am visiting someone and they made chicken I will gladly eat it and smile but I can eat cardboard and say it is good with a straight face.

Learn to cook. Look up recipes, watch videos, watch the food channel, whatever. Chicken is an incredible food product, it's flavor, while not incredible, is subtle enough that it mixes perfectly with thousands of recipes and methods of preparation. You can do so much with it and you don't even have to get crazy. Cover it in blackening seasoning and fry it in a pan with a bit of butter, you got a juicy flavorful piece of chicken for a sandwich or by itself, soak it in a marinade and throw it in a crock pot and slow cook it for several hours, then mix in some BBQ sauce and you got BBQ chicken. A bit of garlic, some cheese and bread crumbs and bake it. There are hundreds of possibilities.

Considering the setting.

My character is just happy to get some meat.

Chicken is flavorless gum. No other piece of meat REQUIRES seasonings to actually taste what you're eating. Plain chicken is like chewing on air.

Tell your stupid fucking father to stop wandering off to get a beer and watch his fucking grill. It's not hard to remove the steak before it begins to char.

A poor cook will never make good chicken with just oil, salt and pepper. A poor cook will also never make a good poached egg.

It's the shitty cooks that blame the ingredients.

>mfw white people don't know about chicken thighs
>mfw yankees don't know about smoked chicken

Ah, what sad fates. You folks should learn to cook your own chicken. If it's dry and awful it's because of the cook. Chicken should be juicy and flavorful.

Stop buying garbage chicken from the fucking grocers and raise and butcher them yourself, city trash.

Well first he doesn't drink, but he does get distracted watching movies. Second, it doesn't go so far that it gets charred, it's still juicy and seared on the surface, but I think it's because he takes it off too late and the meat keeps cooking when it's removed

Enjoy your draconic parasites.

These. Utah born and raised, white as hell, and some good smoked chicken is the best chicken, although smoked pork is the best smoked meat, and fish is a close second.

>Chicken thigh
>Wow this skin is delicious
>Wow, this chicken tastes like a bland tender steak
I can at least say chicken is tender. However, I am fine sticking to tasty meats like beef, goat, lamb, pork, fish, and shellfish.

However the half-orc huntress that's been with his caravan prepares it that night, I suppose.

Medium Rare, but it's been tenderized by several thigh-presses first.

I'm actually white as hell and form California, but fuck is smoked chicken good. Smoked pork is proof of a benevolent God. Smoked salmon is the only fish I truly like

He's gay?

It's 2018 why is your humor so sophomoric. Grow up.

Medium well, sometimes well done or medium depending on the mood

Salmonella

>I know LITERALLY NOTHING about food safety but claim to care about it anyway
Germs don't live inside cuts of meat, generally, only on the outside. Blue steak is actually pretty safe if you make sure to sear every surface well

Chicken fried

The fact that you added "pretty" to that sentence tells me that the risk is higher than just letting it cook for a few minutes more.

Dogs eat both their own feces and other animals feces. Not to mention RAW meat found in NATURE from dead animal carcarasses.

So yeah, I gotta agree with Forest Gump here. Even a dog wouldn't eat meat slightly cooked and seasoned like that. They prefer shit.

He's never had it. Steak was for rich people in his hometown, and where he is now it's for people who aren't constantly on the move fighting self-proclaimed machine gods.

Perfect.

Gems don't live inside of meat?

Gosh my intestinal flora sure had me confused. I'm sorry for not understanding biology. I'll just stick to cooking where I have half a brain.

Good night faggot!

>Awakened vulture necromancer
Rotten.

Rare, Pittsburgh-style, although, in his country, its not considered a particular style, that's just doing it right.