Warhammer Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Best zombies on the market edition

Previous Fight: Please don't stop shitting up the thread with unnecessary shit dawg. Shits cool man. Cool.
Do respond to bait, hide, report, and party on dudes (And dudettes) (And transdudettes)

>A Homeless hobo's guide to the mortal realms
youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

>Malign Portents: Who created this shit and why?
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co

>Resources
pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

> Core rules. All four pages of em
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handjob 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legions of Skeletor
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Piss
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband builder
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>City Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

>implying Elric and Stormbringer aren't some of the most influential books in modern fantasy
>in a thread for a Warhammer game whose cosmology is ripped straight from Moorcock
That's like saying that you have no idea who Molly or Case are because you never read Neuromancer in a Shadowrun thread.

Mantic models aren't bad, the only bad ones are ogres and elves.

Mantic zombies >> GW zombies
Mantic skeletons > GW skeletons (because price)

>Because price
And they look like an army. I like that.

Honestly, I can even dig some of the ogres. They've got a goofy WoW orc look to them that I won't admit loving just in nostalgia for the old games. The elves are pretty shit, though I can at least appreciate them trying something different and making their elves styled after wasps.

Trufax.

Reading through DoK battletome... this shit is pretty good. I'm so hyped to start picking up the models.

Personally, I just love the look of their Revenants. Grave Guard are nice enough, but having these rusty old knights with their fancy, corroded armor is just far more appealing. Especially when paired with skeletons that look like an army as said.

I prefer the goofy look of GW zombies. Mantic skellies look better and for a better price. I like their ghouls better than GW's as well, but I'm biased as I absolutely hate crypt ghouls.

because a club of ugly women who hate men and a failed fish experiment arent compelling from a lore perspective.

Yeah, their ghouls are pretty great. And they manage to do the "masochistic cannibals" without just covering everything with bone spikes. There's a lot of detail and genuinely unpleasant shit on the Ghoul's bodies in terms of self-mutilation.

Plus, they still look good together with Mantic's zombies, which combined with the Gravestalker bundle and all those sweet, sweet tombstones makes it a really great bundle. I honestly can't see any time that I'd prefer GW's zombies to... well, anything. But you are right that they aren't quite as "horror movie zombies" as Mantic's.

Got a pdf or ePub?

This is never happening aelf fag deal with it.

Hastur.wip

you're probably right.
Option 1) ugly man haters and fish abortions will be a financial success and future releases become even more dumb.
Option 2) ugly man haters and fish abortions are a financial failure and GW interprets that as a lack of interest for aelves and never does any others.

fucked either way.

I don't play AoS, but I kinda like the idea of fish elbes. It could be like a Sea Guard themed army right?

My friends, I am not simple enough to play this game. I prefer things like Kings of War as one example.

However my friends (as in real life not on heres) are little strategically mutilated and need to play games like this to have fun.

I too wish to play and not be left out for being more strategic, however this basic game can still be fun if seen through the gems of live and let be.

How does one begin their journey, the start collecting box for lizardmen good? I am please with terradons, can one make an army of the winged reptiles?

Anyone have that pic of the lotr sbg haradrim and khandish models that guy wanted to use as freepeople? It had all the models with names of AoS equivalents on it
Trying to find it for a friend, thanks

Harad, good idea for this game, maybe myself can do this instead of reptiles. I too seek the source.

So, since they've been out for a while, are the overlords any good? Or, has anyone been able to make a good list with them? I lose every game I play with them: they seem mostly over costed or under-ranged.

>insults our game and it’s players
>asks for help
Wew

>taking the bait

How was it insulting? I say my friend, arms open and acknowledge the fun a more simple system can be, especially if one is simple minded. It is not an insult unless one feels to be less smart in a conscious way?

It's bait, you sub-Saharan monkey.

I don't like Mantic's skeletons because they look too specific compared to the mishmash approach GW took in terms of armor and weapons. I also imagine that GW's would be easier to convert if you wanted a specific look and the models weren't out there.

Yeah, that was me. No names, though. Just the entire product line.

I am not baiting, either racially or disruptive manner.

I seek guidance from the mind online.

Would it be preferred for me to pretend the game is a deep and smart one? I can do that.

Your gif is cute.

What are some cute armies? Not models, mind you. I want an all around cute army.

DoK pdf when?

Does anyone have any screenshots of the war-scroll battalions in the DoK book? And the point values? I would very much appreciate it.

In theory, but not in practice.

im interesting in this, you could also use the great eastern wraith (khamul and umbar) as winged general. It is also doable, with efforts to add sword and shield to the soldier, I have seen images and real life of this.

If you liked the gif search “Berd” to find the channel it’s from.
The bone zone, spider clan and moonclan are as cute as you can get

I get that you're pretending to be Slavfag, but you're overdoing it and just sounding retarded.

I am not Slavic? Why insult me. I am from Pakistan but live in Australia. My English is improving, but hard to not type as I think. I put effort in here, lots more. I reread, is this more appropriate, will help come now?

In australian there is eureka minis, they have rabbit and pond war range which is cute.

Honestly, being a Slav is better than being ISIS.

Arab army when GW?

How dare you, I try hard to fit in with you people and help. I am software worker invaluable to nation. I support large family and still have enough for this hobby. Our people have problem yes, but so is most of planet and I make better life here than most. I am not ISIS.

I still no help from any of you people. I try make my english better.

This is kino shitposting. I guess it's better than the DoK shitposting. At the very least, it's something new.

To add my friends, if your family behead by ISIS from pakistan I am apologizing, but this does not help you feel nice and it does not gift me the knowledge I seek. On here we have no DNA so we all get along. My english convey the message my friend on here checked for me. It is not misunderstanding.

>These models all look better than anything that's come out in years
>Perfect amount of detail and flair without being overly busy

I think Dispossessed can be cute.

Soon

Reminder that Stormcasts will get artillery soon making other Order armies irrelevant.

>an entire of kawaii beardlets with rosy cheeks and armor painted like sailor suits
Fund it.

Im agreeing friend, they look as if they could be a bit real, instead of animated life. I believe the great perry brothers created these designs.

Why are you voting mist?

Are you saying shitposting because of India? India is neighbor to Pakistan, while we too have toilet problem (not in australia but in my home country) it is in my opinion the Indian problem.

I will not defend my home land anymore, the purpose is information. No more racial memes please.

>implying I can even participate
I'm just enjoying watching it all burn down from a distance.

Jokes on you, fagoo. I'm not voting at all.

>still no DoK pdf or ePub

Give help and I will upload

ok I lie, I no give handouts. I still want help my friends. I dont want to be let down to your hopes.

What kind of help?

see all my postings:

The compilation will aid you.

Okay but what kind of help do you need to upload the pdf?

It's bait, user. Just ignore it.

I will not, I thought I could ignore my inner self and aid freeloaders, but it is too strong against me to do so.

Why do you treat me this way? Actively tell people to ignore me. This is why the cancer facebook grows, for people retreat there after exposure here. I am a tough cook but it is getting difficult to engage in hobby relations. Why are you bitter?

Is 1500 points a common game size?

These threads are garbage now. What the fuck happened?

Not really, but sorta. Some places use it as an in-between baby games of 1000 and "real" games of 2000, while others prefer to use 1250 since its the upper value of... whatever it is they call that format.

We were expecting big news from NOVA and the snow fucked that all up. But I'm seeing a lot of shitposting all over the site tonight. Weird.

That's kinda what I've seen too. I only have 1000 points right now of my dudes but I'm wondering if I ought to grow to 2000 right away or if I have some middle road options too

>now
They're pretty much always been trash. They only settle down when we get leaked actual statlines for shit and start number-crunching or theory-crafting, or when new people come and have legitimate questions late at night which get answered instead of shitposted. See, the discussion about starting up Deathrattle and various skeleton conversions we had yesterday.

The rest of the time is usually just various levels of shitposting. The Paki this time is a weird one, but just one among a sea of shitposting.

Depends entirely on your meta. Ask if they play a lot of 1500, or if they just sit on 1250 or a full 2000. I can't tell you because I don't play at your store.

>a tough cook
user, where are you getting these?

I legit bought my blood Queen box the other day because of the stories in this thread about the bone zone, so yeah, it's actually one of the few quality generals I've seen. I mean look at how bad /40kg/ is in comparison

Glad I could be of help, if you're talking about the Deathrattle chat we had in the last thread. But I wouldn't call /aosg/ a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination. It's a shithole that's occasionally decent, same as /40kg/. The only wargaming thread that's not regularly awful that I've seen is Infinity general, or I guess /swg/ if you count it. Otherwise, it seems like wargaming generals are just a cesspit for shittiness. RPG generals are a bit better depending on the game.

I was one of the anons asking questions last night, working on my Blood Queen box as well. It's pretty fun to know there's other guys here going through the same process as me.

How are you building your mortarch and morghast?

I don't even know if I want to use a Mortarch. I'm the burning skull user, so. I'm mainly running death soup/Grand Host just to use all the death units I want in one list. I guess I'll build Arkhan, because he's the most all purpose, but I like Neferata too. They'll probably stay on their sprue for a while desu.

For the morghast, Harbingers with halberds, no questions. It's one of the best Hammers that we have, even if they're mildly squishy.

I know what you mean. I'm building my mortarch as Neferata since ironically shitposting about her a bit made me like her more. I don't think I'll use her in 1000 point games, but I love the mortarch model so I'm planning on eventually having all three built and painted.

I'm using my morghast as harbringers as well. Really doesn't seem to be any reason not to unless you have Nagash and you're in love with the idea of giving him bodyguards.

I'm playing around with lists right now. Swapping in a Vampire instead of a Necromancer or swapping Morghast for a block of 6 spirit hosts. I think playing with what models you like is more important than say, filling out a WAAC battalion or something. Neferata is easily my favorite Mortarch, but I still haven't found a way to make Legion of Blood work without crumbling into VLoZD and Blood Knights spam.

What does your list look like? Or well, the one you're planning on eventually for 1000pts.

I'm not even going to pretend it's optimized but here's my rough draft.

General: Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
Trait: Lord of Nagashizzar
Necromancer (110)
Ossific Diadem, Fading Vigour

10x Grave Guard with Great Wight Blades (160)
2x Morghast Harbingers with Spirit Halberts (220)
20x Skeleton Warriors with Ancient Spears (160)
5x Black Knights (120)

Battalion Deathmarch (110)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Wounds: 62

I might drop Deathmarch for another Necromancer since with that battalion they might end up outpacing him anyway. If I do that I might also swap the Black Knights for more SW or GG. The Morghast I want to use no matter what though.

Whoa, dude. Do not run Deathmarch at 1000 points. Plus, I mean... You literally can't with that list. Gotta have your 3 units of Skeletons.

Yeah I'd drop the Battalion. They're just not amazing at 1000pts unless they're stupid cheap. Also, Deathmarch needs at least three groups of skeleton warriors so you can't even run it technically. This is basically the best list I've seen, out of the Blood Queen box and with some extra skeletons. But every LoN player needs 40 skeletons anyway, yknow.

Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- General
- Trait: Lord of Nagashizzar
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Ossific Diadem
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Decrepify
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Great Wight Blades
2 x Morghast Harbingers (220)
- Spirit Halberds

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 77

Oh, yeah? My bad. I thought I had to have a Wight King, and a unit of GG, SW, BK each. I'll drop that and fill it in with 40 Warriors.

Yeah this list looks a lot stronger. I think you've balanced it nicely. All you need is a necromancer and another 20x skeletons which are easy enough to get cheaply. I'm just on the fence of taking a second Necromancer or another 10 Grave Guard. I'll likely go with the second Necromancer like you as that seems much more survivable now and we can't really get around our reliance on them.

Yeah, and you can grab the Battlewizards box for about $35 and that has 4 bodies to convert into necromancers easily. Just add skeleton heads, some gribblies, and call it a day.

I'm actually a little shocked at how easy it is to cookie cutter LoN at 1000pts like this. I may attempt to run a Not-Nighthaunt legion of night list with dire wolf battleline, but that's further down the road probably. Dire wolves seem really good for. Their points
I may try and convert some spiderfang spiders asy dire wolves as I think spiders embody spooks a bit more than wolves.

Depend on the kit you get, Spider Riders are pretty much done already. Some of them had holes for the rider's peg to fit into -- I think these were the Skull Pass ones -- while others were just a flat surface for the rider to sit on.

>>Yeah, and you can grab the Battlewizards box for about $35 and that has 4 bodies to convert into necromancers easily. Just add skeleton heads, some gribblies, and call it a day.
That's exactly what I plan on doing. An user last week turned me on to the idea. I think it works out a lot better than going with mantic or some other company for necromancers, since it's still cheap and ironically I think having an aesthetic that's closer to a standard mage is now more appropriate for AoS necromancers.

>I'm actually a little shocked at how easy it is to cookie cutter LoN at 1000pts like this.
I agree. It's actually making me a lot more excited about Death, when before LoN dropped I was hesitant about staying in the GA. I feel like there's a lot of room to experiment and play around with army composition, even if people say BoneZone is the most bang for your buck.

AoS threads are bad at the moment because the game is just about three years old and thus death of Fantasy which gave it birth is still fresh in the minds of some people. To rub salt in the wound, GW have managed to turn themselves and AoS around and so the Fantasyfag dream of one or both crashing and burning is not going to happen. There will be no rebirth of Fantasy outside of any video games and RPGs it gets. I would not be surprised if these threads get worse for a time after Creative Assembly announces they're done with the Warhammer license.

The other part is that Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums as a whole have gotten worse. You can blame 40k and Total Warhammer for bringing to Veeky Forums the worst parts of /v/ and /pol/, people who know nothing about board culture and love to argue and shitpost for the sake of arguing and shitposting. I wouldn't be surprised as well if there wasn't at least one person shitposting here because it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

These threads could also stand to improve their self-moderation. If a post has even the faintest whiff of being a shitpost, don't respond.

I hate those fucking tabs.
Hey, come and permanently attach your models to diorama units, but we won't help you by giving you the proper base instead you just get 20mils and also have fun clipping them off that thing to put in a flash surface.
That's also my one complaint about Perry minis.

That's the power of true-scale.

anybody have the DoK battletome

The LOTR range deserves better than what it's been dealt

No. The only current model that will be part of the range is the mistweaver said. It's more like an Atlantean themed army

>The only current model that will be part of the range is the mistweaver said
That wasn't ever officially confirmed though was it?

Nope. But it's the only anything we have to go on so far. There has never been any indication of it being part of the elven seaguard or anything like that

Not officially confirmed, no. But the source for the rumors has repeatedly mentioned their control of Mist and using it to cloak their attacks.

Daughters of Khaine are the only good thing to have come out of Age of Sigmar so far.
I have to say, it was worth it.

>control of Mist and using it to cloak their attacks
Sounds like Fimir to me.

lizards are cute in their own reptillian way

Also because of the DoK out recently we have a surge of shit posters which appear whenever they are mentioned.

>Forgeworld being relevant in Age of Sigmar
lmao

My god I never knew I needed this stupidity in my life until this moment.

Stop giving me hope user. We all know FW will never actually release those half done fimir we've all already seen for years now. Khorne dragons or bust, amirite?

Just you wait for the Dispossessed update.

I was lucky enough go find a copy of Spire of Dawn at my local game store yesterday and decided it was such a good deal that I would start a Skaven army with it. I play Chaos Daemons and Thousand Sons in 40k, and have many Tzaangors, Kairic Acolytes (subbed in as cultists) and Tzeentch Daemons, so I wanted to expand with more chaos forces. My friend took the High Elves.

My question is, are the units in it particularly good, I was thinking of buying more of these specific sculpts off EBay since I like them so much. How should I expand? Are Skaven any good right now? I'm still getting a feel for the Matched play rules for AoS. Thanks all.

Is it acceptable to ask about Shadespire in this thread? There isn't enough interest for a dedicated general and it's kind of related. If it is, I was trying to find the scans of the latest 2 expansions

I just want to read some fluff, dammit, I’m not gonna drop 40 dollaroos on 20 pages worth of GW quality fluff and a bunch of rules I’ll never use. Not because I’m a poorfag, but because that’s literally a retarded purchase