/cyoag/ - CYOA General

For the Drives, Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous Thread "Sleepy anons" edition
Threadly Question(s); What genre of cyoa do you like best? Waifu, island survival, fantasy, sci-fi, comfy, etc.
What genre do you think currently gets the most love/best works?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/lYd42Dn.jpg
youtu.be/Z_2nM1GEllg?t=108
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cool oc from reddit

Page 3
i.imgur.com/lYd42Dn.jpg

We need more Tok CYOAs.

Pasted this one together from a videogame pitch. I only wrote the stuff in red.

>Bo Staff
>Graviton Ore
>Terramancy, Metamorphosis
>Mihos
>Knife gets Metamorphosis
>Whatever scenario fate throws at me

Neat. This actually looks cool.

>Weapon
Gauntlets. The left one clawed for slashing. I'll keep the right hand normal to grabbing.
>Material(s)
Negaplating. Perfect for going full martial, I don't need any runes.
>Smith
Signum: The Runemaker
I'll save my 1 rune for the very end.
>Eternal Crucible
Nothing gained, nothing lost.
>Scenario
From Earth: Lone Soul, To High Fantasy Setting.
Let's have some fun and carve myself a legend.
>Special Cases
Fusion Rune. I have become an unstoppable anti-magic monk. Let's kick ass.

Be my bf Tankista.

Yeah it's old I don't care fuck you.
1/6

2/6

3/6

4/6

5/6

Thanks. My roommate's dog took a shit in the cat's food dish and I had to deal with that.
Anyway the correct answer is cure mortality then spend eternity bullying Elspeth.

>What genre of cyoa do you like best?
Fantasy with lore and waifus.
I like being able to factor in morals with my decisions, in addition to the usual role playing. As for why I like waifus, I'm fucking lonely and most real women are shit. The ones that aren't are nowhere near me, and even if they were, they would already be taken.

Fantasy with many options for replay factor, lore, and companions. However, there is a point where the amount of text becomes excessive, and I lose interest. The balance is also important because if any of the paths offer more options or more interesting options than others, it becomes boring to do more than one build.

That being said, what do you think of CYOAs with choice of powers in which companions may have access to powers other than those offered to the player? And on purely aesthetic choices, like ordinary weapons and armor in CYOA where you can (but don't need to) have magical items?

>cuddle waifu
>no fluffy mothgirl
Well I guess I'll go with the Automation instead. Probably be more productive if I drink her coffee and never need to sleep again. Plus i do like mecha anime

You're a good man with excellent taste, user.

>old
That's the second-newest CYOA posted ITT thus far.

Hey! K.L.Callahan! When's the update?!

Reposting my build

>Spirit Gift: Death
I love the concept of persisting beyond mortal limits solely on my stubbornness. I also have less to fear of death, because I understand it more than most

>Drawbacks

>Time Wound(+3)
This'll suck, but won't be very dangerous with the right powers

>Bad Blood[The Artificial Intelligence](+3)
I'm gonna butt heads with this thing sooner or later due to my irrational love of my fleshy and magical bits. May as well drop all pretense.

>Other World(+2)
Silent Hill is looking good this side of the millennium.

>Powers (30 +4 +8 = 42)

>Focus(free)
Mostly for Toughness. Whether I need it or not, I'll be glad either way.

>Ouroboros(free)
I love the smell of phoenix fire in the morning. Also, these kinds of abilities (mushroomCloudFillipingTheBird.jpg).

>Will(free)
Sorry Silent Hill, but you no longer arouse despair within me.

>Coordination(41)
Balance on a dragon's head even as it tries to shake me off while shooting off its scales one millimeter at a time.
What's not to like?

>Density Control(40)
Everything-proof ftw.

>Sixth Sense(39)
Illusions, stealthed assassins, and hippiness, begone.

>Survivalist(38)
Ensures that Time Wound won't kill me by dropping me on a star. At least, not instantly.

>Vampiric(37)
Stand straighter the more enemies I fell.

>Charismatic1(36)
Fanatics may be useful, but they don't question orders. I don't want that. Also, don't need a bigger head than I already have.

>Beauty1(35)
Same as above.

>Scanner2(Magus Gem)
I've got plans...

>Immunity2(33)
Ensures that Time Wound won't kill me by dropping me in a nest of vipers or a vat of acid.

>Master2[Engineering](31)
Like I said, I've got plans...

>Tongues1(30)
Taking this for the increased language learning speed. Extra languages are a plus.

>Destroyer2[Weapons](28)
I'm the new Jason Bourne!

>Training2(26)
May take a while, but will be very much worth it when I'm done.

>Alchemist3(23)
Also part of plans...

>Endurance3(20)
Sleep is for the weak.

>Evolve2[Piercing, Slashing, Blunt-trauma, Heat, Electricity, Cold, Energy](18)
Extra resistance to most kinds of attacks.

>Instant Transmission3(15)
Time Wound won't affect me for more than a second at a time.

>Mentality3(12)
Another part of my plan, plus a well-deserved ego boost.

>Regeneration3, Toughness3(6)
pic related

>Speed3(3)
This+Coordination=Bullet Time.

>Familiar3[Venom](0)
Incarnates will quiver whenever they see ink.

>Immortality(free)
My plans' timetable just got extended and appended.

>Patron: The Conquering King
May as well start somewhere, and this guy offers a good, non-morally deficient deal.

>Perks(3+1=4)

>Ascendancy[Familiar](free)
Technically a companion, but still a part of me. I have no idea what this will do to my soul, and I'm very interested in finding out.

>Legion-Army(2)
More on that later...

>Resonance(1)
Will cut down on the time needed to achieve my other plans.

>Extraordinary Vehicle(0)
pic related

>Equipment(155+45=200)

>Golden Seal Ring(free)
And here I was planning to buy a set of lockpicks...

>Magus Gem[Scanner2](165)
... plans...

>Red Wondrous “The Future of Tomorrow… Today!” Fridge(153)
A Star Trek-esque replicator -food only- is essential for having 100,000+ followers.

>(4 + 1 free) Blue Crest Seal(93)
The Conquering King helped me meet some people...

>Ammo Vault(Heimjall)
One of them handed me a map. Following (teleporting to) it took me to a vault with the number 34 on its door.

>Spiritual Fetish(90)
If christians can choose a cross, and buddhists a buddha statue, then I'll choose almighty Allah's holy Quran.

>God Seal(60)
... I dropped some artificial dark matter on it.

>Megastructure (Mobile Planetoid Station)[Spiritual Fetish discount](4)
I was really lucky to find a fellow muslim in the bazaar. He offered me the station cheap. This will be my home-base and factory. More on that later...

>Starship(Heavy)(Dean)
Dean kindly offered me his ship so we could inspect our new home. He never asked for the keys back, returning them whenever I put them in his hand.

>Galgalim Water[2](2)
Need this for the mentally unstable companions.

>Nimbus Bread(1)
No more brushing my teeth!

>Companions(5+5=10)

>Drone #8603-4597(9)
>youtu.be/Z_2nM1GEllg?t=108
Our mascot.

>Junior(8)
He's my responsibility. I always wanted a kid with d̶a̶d̶d̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶v̶e̶ a lot of spunk.

>Caroline Lupine(7)
Feed her some Galgalim Water. Junior can be her punching bag, and she can be his emotional sink.

>Chernabog(5)
We're practically family. He's also a good doctor, bedside manner notwithstanding.

>Dean Winchester(4)
"An illogical reality is merely proof that we're missing a couple of facts in our chain of logic"; the world isn't illogical buddy, but until you acquire the needed facts, you're gonna need to make some leaps of faith.
First thing I'll ask him to make is the coolest shotgun ever!

>Exuberant Spark(3)
A good choice for our homebase's main AI. Will make for excellent mission control.

>Hayden(2)
I finally found my soulmate! We'll go incarnate-hunting together, trade trophies, and dine over the corpses of our prey.

>Heather W. Ruth(1)
Clever girl. You are hereby adopted!

>Heimjall Von Klice(0)
His faction is the only one to achieve a utopia, so yeah.
Rule#1: Hate all you want, but basic decency is LAW!
Rule#2: We're not colonists. If I hear of swastikas appearing in any worlds we visited, I'll personally teleport over that world and drop your Ammo Vault with a detonator attached... no, it's not because I'm looking for an excuse to test what'll happen.
Rule#3: You may examine Heather non-invasively only. I cannot stress enough how badly breaking this rule will end for you and your fatherland.
Rule#4: Trench clearing training on Thursdays. Don't be late, you're the instructor.

>Enenra(God Seal)
They called me crazy, but I showed them all! Shadows are alive, they just never had corporeal forms before
Will round up the trio. With pic related being my usual ensemble, tales of edge, both cringy and bloody terrifying, will echo across the Glyposhpere.

It is just me or this cyoa is kinda similar to beri's new weapon cyoa?

>Quests(4): Some parts of step 6 of the plan

>SCP Prime Weapons Facility: Teeth for Coins(3)
Caroline disappeared one day. I easily found her using Instant Transmission. After a little talk (and more than a little scolding), me and my companions teleported to the facility and laid waste to it. Heimjall's CQC classes were very helpful.
>Reward: All my friends are monsters

>Xurel O: Big Bug Hunt(2)
Drone was acting funny. An unproductive visit to the Vet later, I tried hugging it better. One astral message later, me, Enenera, Hayden, Drone, and Junior started a Yautja hunt. Hayden planned, and we executed. They had no experience fending off those that would hunt them.
>Reward: Brood's Blessing

>Vega Twin Space Station: A Cry for Help? No, a Warning(1)
I was actually on my way to the station to "browse" their tech so I could replicate it. Portal f@#!$% made Instant Transmission useless in this venture. The trip may or may not have ended up with me molting like a phoenix while my companions ran away from pic related with a xeno egg fused to a contained mini-black hole.
>Reward: Orbus Portal Technology

>The Blood Wars: Siege of 10,000 Hells(0)
I came with my own army, all armed with buzzsaw launchers. Hell was a tinge redder after we were done.
>Reward: Solomon’s Ring

>Final Tally:
* Army of 3000 X-men. I have no idea how this wasn't nerfed.
* Horde of 3000 xenomorphs. The best spaceship boarders; one per ship should be enough.
* Army of at least 30,000 expert soldiers with top of the line training and equipment from the Legion-Army.
* A Death-star's load of weapons and armor, vehicles, ships, space ships, and mechs made by me.
* A bound demon in my Solomon's Ring.
* All my armies can instantly teleport to and from anywhere and anytime using the replicated Orbus Portal Tech.
I control Tyranids, Spacemarines Tau and Eldar, Psykers and Orks, and a Chaos God.

>Plan:
1- Browse through the catalogs, using Scanner2 to analyze everything, Master2[Engineering] in conjunction with Mentality3 to understand how each and every device works.
2- Send some of my Legion-Army to several uninhabited planets and asteroid fields to mine them barren.
3- Use Alchemist3 to continuously generate extremely rare materials.
4- Use my Mobile Planetoid Station as a factory staffed by the rest of my Legion-Army, with more followers coming each day.
5- Spend the next decade or so passively building a grand army consisting of every vehicle, ship and weapon on the catalog, from hypergiant ships, to tanks, to titan mechs, to nukes, to robots...etc.
6- ???
7- Profit. Hiring myself out, selling my easily built but expensive nonetheless products, actually engaging in warfare of my own accord, or any mix of the previous. AI will be a piece of cake.

Come at me anons no homo.

Succubus, erry day.

Hey, I wish these pages all replied to each other!

Demon is the most superior out of all of them.

>What genre of cyoa do you like best?
Unfortunately the only things I like are waifu builders. Yes, I know.

I love fantasy m8

Given how it says "inspired by Beri's 'A New Weapon' right there on the first page, I'd say you're on the right track.

I like CYOAs that present a setting you can build yourself into. And no, I'm not just referring to those "pick your body type" affairs, though there can be overlap. I mean like...the latest Worm CYOA, where you build an identity and a place within that world. These CYOAs are basically why I come to this board, as building someone else (waifu stuff) holds absolutely no appeal and I don't remotely understand why so many are drawn to 'em.
Given my setting requirement, this often means fantasy, but I've seen a few sci-fis (and even a couple of comfies) that qualify. I'm especially fond of CYOAs that use mostly-separate point currencies for the identity and power sections.

someone post the Apocrypha cyoa pls

what happens if you choose "somatic Stem Platelets" and "Star Child" ?

Because those two seem to contradict each other.

Starchild
>You are made of fucking paper
>Stem platelets
You fix yourself faster

I see no contradictions here

This is for

>a tasty sandwich that makes you slightly sick the next day
>a decent sandwich, no negatives or benefits beyond the calories
What would you pick?

>I'm fucking lonely
>and most real women are shit.
Is it possible these two are connected? That the reason "most women are shit" is because you're filled with vitriol? That you've already decided they're "shit"?
Is it possible the reasons most women are shit is because that's the quality of women you attract?

Weapon type: Gauntlets, with retractable claws

Material: Evermetal

Runes: Impact and reconstruct

Smith: Avalus

Scenario: Come what may...

How tasty it is?

9/10 on the tasty scale, It's very good and you'll want to tell your friends if you have any, but it's not going to leave an everlasting memory.

I'll take it

Automaton? Disgusting. Have a Celt Moth Waifu.

Automatas are pretty high on the waifu scale you know

I hate when I know some of the source materal that's used for CYOA, always ruins whatever narrative the author tries to set.

>>a tasty sandwich that makes you slightly sick the next day
>9/10 on the tasty scale

Shit, I've ate food that was a 4/10 on the tasty scale that made me very sick the next day, because I wrongfully thought it was only about to go bad. I'll take your 9/10 sandwich, I doubt it'll affect my iron stomach beyond giving me gas or a need to shit an extra time.

So has Highlander done anything lately, or can we confirm she's out of comission for good?

She released a new dev diary a few days ago.

>I hate when I have autism and it ruins the CYOA for me

I get what you mean. It's really hard to be engrossed in whatever the cyoa is trying to create when it puts a picture of Sakura Haruno and it's like "this is your new waifu sally :) ". It always triggers me.

Hi, roast beef, how’s it going?
I stand by what I said—most modern women are shit, just vapid whores riding the cock carousel.
>inb4tuquoque
Most modern men are vapid manwhores, too, but I’m not gay.

I have this pet peeve too. It's not like this makes or breaks the cyoa, but I try not to include pictures on my CYOAs with obvious source material on them. Too bad the bigger half of pixiv is pictures of silly Saber and monthly waifus.

Good luck with that.

master of the dark art

techniques:
Instant abyssal slaughter
shadow step
ground slam

minibosses:
regal brunstien
shino ataxa

hero:
agent white

her quest intrigues me, lets see just what her drive will allow her to do

You don't go on a booru and use the tag "original"?

>Weapon
Wand

>Material
Quantumite

>Runes
Skyward
Reverse Summon
Reconstruct

>Smith
Adam the Ancient One

>Modifier
None

>Scenario
From Earth, to High Fantasy Realm

Since I have a form of 'invincibility' immortality, I don't want to suffer a rate worse at the hands of a malicious person. So, I picked runes that would let me avoid an eternal "bad end".

If I'm buried deep underground I can escape through my reverse summon ability. If I'm buried underground with my wand, I can summon my soul armor, turn intangible thanks to its Quantumite property, and use skyward to get to the surface. I'll disable the limitation that prevents me from traversing the Earth. I also have the option of using reverse summon and breaking my wand to kill myself if I want to die. Quantumite is a very weak material after all.

Since I do not have to eat, drink, or sleep, I could learn magic at an accelerated rate in the fantasy world. My goal would be to become a legendary mage, and perhaps eventually gain the power to travel the multiverse at will.

suffer a rate worse
>suffer a fate worse

not him but I just dont give a fuck if its a character from some less popular anime. If I don't recognize the character (either from the few animes I did watch or reaction images used on Veeky Forums), it's good enough. Hard weebs are not my target audience anyway.

>Fragile phylactery
Good luck on actually having to worry about living too long

The problem with this one is that there are too many good choices. How can I reasonably choose between Mikon, Providence, and Soria? It simply cannot be done

The phylactery may be fragile, but that doesn't mean I can't encase it in something stronger or keep it well hidden. Even something like a wooden wand, that's weak enough to be snapped in half, could last for millennium in a hidden underground basement.

The only problem I have is that Soria seriously says that she will kill both you and herself if you marry anybody else.

I only get this when the pic is of a really obvious/fleshed out character with a memorable personality. It's a bit jarring regardless, but I can get over it most of the time.
The thing I absolutely HATE in waifu cyoas is when a "fetish" section is included. Not only is it unnecessarily lewd, but it makes each girl a whore by default unless they say "totally inexperienced". I wish they would leave it out and make whores the exception.
>inb4purityfag
Yes, I am, and there is nothing wrong with not wanting to be a cuck (which can't be said for the converse).
I would wait until marriage with my waifu.

Yeah, she should at least make an effort to become your mistress/concubine and NTR your new wife instead.

>clip

>if you marry anybody else.
Why possibly would you?

Hmm?

>Your luck will now be godlike, if anyone tries to shoot you with an ak-47 they can empty as many clips they want and still not be able to hit you.
>clips

We are talking about tok here so chances are are he did it on purpose

And? Do you know what a clip is? You could use a clip to load an AK, albeit they were designed for a magazine.

>having a fetish makes you a whore

Then Tok's truly a shit.

>Atogie
Degenerate, a shit.
>Chantra
Literal Jew, materialist. Bad but not horrible.
>Mani
Naive. Not bad as a person but bad waifu.
>Mikon
Based morals, but shitty outlook that will ruin her country if she gets to implement it. But the latter is irrelevant if we get married, so she's top-tier. Will waifu.
>Mu
Total degenerate, needs to be gassed.
>Providence
Also naive but a good person. Not wife material because I'm too bitter towards the world, but a good potential friend/ally.
>Soria
Incestuous degenerate.
>Toll
Shameless whore, needs gas.
>Yuri
Respectable ruler and decent person, but not really waifu material. Meh tier.

Mikon it is.
So kill her first. Set it up so that she makes the attempt in public view, then your response will be seen as justified.
It's usually written in a way that implies being a whore. For example,
"X likes when she gets to take the lead". Note the tense--it means she's already done it. I have only rarely seen CYOA's phrase it as "X would like" something, and even then, it's just unnecessarily lewd most of the time.

>killing your sister
I'd rather stop her from killing herself

>Being an edgelord

>saying "likes" instead of "would like" means she's done it before and that makes her a whore

You can't fix crazy. Best you could do is make her death quick and painless, maybe build a memorial to her afterwards.

Do it by not dying.
If you want her to live but don't want to go the incest route you simply become a badass that fights off her murder attempts on a daily basis.

>Being Satan
Yes, it's not hard to understand. One means she has the opinion on something which currently exists, the other describes how she would feel towards a future action.

Would have said the moth, but I don't like lavender. Quiet cutie it is, and I hope I don't wake up.

>but I don't like lavender
What are you? Some sort of faggot?
Also, you'll wake up. Cutie will just be there with you when you do.

>Wand
>Magicite
>Trailing Edge, Metamorphosis, Fusion
>Godai (Tier 3)

Fuse with my wand and take advantage of 2x runic potency to metamorphose myself into a magic-eating abomination defending with 4x rate Soul pinballs, improvised natural weaponry, and trailing-edge walls of flesh. In truth, the build isn't made for fighting, but for the simple enjoyment of max-potency shapeshifting. I'm assuming that the weapon-class of a fused user would be something like "human" or "creature," and with a 2x proficiency in metamorphosis I think that gives me a good deal of leeway in bodyplans and proportions. After all, if it's permitted to turn a sword into a hat, I don't think adding a few extra arms would change the classification from "human." And if we consider that the weapon-type is "creature," or that with doubled potency the lines can be blurred more, I don't think it would be too far-fetched to adopt a more biologically chaotic visage for battle. It's far from the best fighting build, but it's pretty versatile and I like it. If a fight starts going badly, I can cocoon myself in suspended flesh, drastically reduce my size and shapeshift to burrow my way out, then maybe even disguise myself as a mundane object once I'm in the clear.

For the most part, though, I'd just like to enjoy my abilities in peace. If worse comes to worst, though, I can always throw up a flesh labyrinth and use my magicite bolts to turn it into a Touhou level, and theoretically I could metamorphose lost organs so long as I'm not incapacitated and stay fused. I could definitely be taken down, probably quite easily by any vaguely combat/melee-oriented build, or really anyone who gets the jump on me with something other than soul magic. Maybe I'll just go into the entertainment industry. Actually, "eldritch cult infiltrates and manipulates mass media with the secret purpose of getting their master his big break on Broadway" would make for a pretty fun campaign.