Why is Veeky Forums so afraid of using guns in their games...

Why is Veeky Forums so afraid of using guns in their games? It's widely known that primitive firearms were used even in the times of the Roman Empire.

Because of preconceptions about sword & sorcery stories.

Everyone in this thread but me is retarded and gay, and to prove it I'll do the most immature thing possible, then leave this thread, filter it, and never think twice about it again.

The state of anti-gunfags

I allow them. My games have strong steam and arcana punk themes in certain areas, so players are free to acquire weapons.
But I will also note that my games have areas with low tech (tribal communities) and locals will use these guns alongside magic if they get there hands on them.

Also what is more badass then a mermaid using a cannon.

This

What about tomatoes and potatoes and chillies? Please, tell us what you think about these things too. /s

>that primitive firearms were used even in the times of the Roman Empire
have you got a fucking source for that matey?

spuds were in lotr, they're fine.

he might be retarded and consider the byzantines as the roman empire

It's a HRE joke or he's just poking your autism, these are bait threads

I'd presume it's a mixture of sword, spear & sorcery trends with a blend of firearms difficult to realistically balance with magic.

How do these threads still get replies

In my group guns are usually hand cannon type things that will usually get fired once or twice per encounter, due to lengthy reloading procedures, and used as clubs most of the time.

The most fun I've had with a gunslinger was Levantina, a cow-taur who carried basically a zamburak on her back. I don't think I ever shot that gun twice in any one encounter, and missed a lot, but did it ever scare the crap out of people.

Basically I made a cowtaur gunslinger, what the DM saw was some monstergirl silliness, what I played was Sargeant Detritus.

Good times.

I've been collecting these kinda of images for these kinda threads, and I don't even play any sort of TT.

Let this meme die.

OP has seen the writing on the wall and started switching to other repetitive threads. This is just for old time's sake.

Just play GURPS. It handles medieval guns right.

Thank you.

Nah.

>look mom, i posted it again!

To me people sperging out about vegetables is even more bizarre than the nogunz business. Why would a fantasy world need to have the exact same agricultural palate as medieval Europe