Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2093 Religion Is A Masturbation Metaphor Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BHqgHFcmAOc
youtube.com/watch?v=uFMEMzkdt5Y
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reposting for new thread.

Minor update-
-Pakistan is now a rollable location.

>Artificial God
It really does seem like one with how fast it advances. It's techno-organic right? Just needs some magic then.

And just let jumpmakers just sneak things onto the drive? Besides, filtering people on a blue board is for pussies.

No u

Working on hobbit and punching out ideas for items. Would a wizards tower be a good idea? I was kind of thinking of putting a ring of the element of your choosing like gandalfs ring and A wizards hat staff and robes (free for wizard. ) also some kickass fireworks for 200 cp.

Yeah, it's a mix of biology and machine, quickly adding psychic energy of some kind.

Says the pussy with no actual complaints.

Even though the fireworks technically appear in the hobbit movies, I really feel you're starting to draw too much from the Lord of the Rings rather than the Hobbit here.

>Yeah, it's a mix of biology and machine, quickly adding psychic energy of some kind.
It's kinda scary to think how strong it would have been if it was given 10 years to advance.

>tfw you wanna be an Artificial God because it seems awesome
>but you don't wanna have metal creating bacteria within yourself
Could you perhaps put an option into the jump to let us decide how our powers manifest themselves? Going with Artificial God, perhaps you have the psychic powers from the start, but far weaker, and can create matter/technology through that. It'd be a neat way of differentiating ourselves from the already existing Supergods as well. Ain't nobody wanna be a carbon copy, after all. And thanks for the jump, it's great as always.

Is 'The Artificial God' based on a particular character? How does that powerset fare against the 'Time Lord' and the 'Living Flesh'?

Would the ring explicitly be one of the Rings of Power?

I guess a very fast mean of transport, like Shadowfax/Radagast's sleigh.

post the pdf next time

>My Robe and Wizard Hat - 100cp, Free Wizard
Not sorry.

>-Pakistan is now a rollable location.
Looks neat, now gotta wait for Katamari so I can then roll my Pakistan to gather countries

Its kinda neat when my followers nut savagely in my presence, like Grant Morrison I will order them to do so at a wall around every evening

During your first Jumps, did you make friends that you couldn't take along with you? Or did you maintain a distance with people you knew you couldn't get too attached to?

Krishna is a beast.

I'm not really into that, especially since the option isn't what you seem to think it is. You don't get psychic powers from it, you're just eventually able to make tech that allows you to have psychic powers.

I wouldn't be opposed to making some OC ones later, the story does leave us with at least two superhumans that never appear on screen, but I don't wanna do a messy option that makes me have to rule on what is okay or not to have as alternate versions of these powers. Sorry man.

It's based on krishna, the most powerful superhuman. He beat the Living Flesh fairly easily, who is based on Maitreya, and lost against Time Lord, based on Dajjal, since Dajjal blew himself up right in front of Krishna.

snrk.

Neat.

Based on Krishna, beat Maitreya and got ganked by Dajjal

Can we befriend Bombadil?

It would be a ring of ower. There are many.

But the sleigh/fast trvel is a goood idea.

Fair enough I can remove them. Im barely started and only 40 pages or so into the book again.

Oh boy, I can't wait for SB to Companion Bombadil and then wank him as defeating everything forever.

>I'm not really into that, especially since the option isn't what you seem to think it is. You don't get psychic powers from it, you're just eventually able to make tech that allows you to have psychic powers.
Oh yeah, that's what I meant. Instead of your powers coming from you being an AI + bacteria, they're instaed from you being an AI + psychic powers. They're still the exact same powers in how they work though, it's just that the medium is different.

>I wouldn't be opposed to making some OC ones later, the story does leave us with at least two superhumans that never appear on screen, but I don't wanna do a messy option that makes me have to rule on what is okay or not to have as alternate versions of these powers. Sorry man.
No problem, I just had to ask. Guess I'll simply become a Time Lord expy instead.

I mean if you want? He seems like a nice guy.

Tom canon would not want to leave the setting for any reason, he was there before the world was made and will be there when it ends. He wants nothing but to be around his home fucking his wife who is literally the most beautiful woman in lotr.

You mean you didn't do that already with the one true god Jar Jar?

>who is literally the most beautiful woman in lotr.
I don't think she is. If only because the competition is quite up there.

The title is actually a lot more accurate than you think. Bravo user!

By the way, pdf, not jpg.

>I can't wait for SB to Companion Bombadil and then wank him as defeating everything forever.

use fried chicken grease, and mostly he seems like a nice bro to have around the garden. Like those mexican lawn types

>I mean if you want? He seems like a nice guy.
I want the dude to play an accordion

And masturbation is a metaphor for?

Hi guys i'm new, after the pokemon and infamous jumps in the op (not this one but the previous). I've read the rules bu I don't know what to pick, there are too many choices, any good first options?

>implying they would do that when

Narnia, get some nice powers and items.

Are Godhood powers discounted?

No, you need drawbacks for that Artificial God power

Why would they be discounted when they're exclusive to Super Gods?

Nope. Only Super Gods can buy them so the prices are as written.

Skyrim

Princess Bride

Gauntlets

>Gauntlets
They seem scary ...
thank you

Every jump is actually a Skyrim jump. They just each have a different loadout of mods.

Asparagus

Old pokemon jump

The really funny thing is he kinda betrayed his own themes at the end. Krishina was going to give the world a golden age if it wasn't for time mc-edgyton.

Do you think Dajjal would try and kill us too if we are an Artificial God?

Hmm, maybe. I think the overall theme was more about how super human beings are by nature, inhuman than that they have to all be the worst possible option. Krishna still killed billions to create the eventual utopia and Dajjal is still a human creation that screwed it over.

Depends on whether you'd help make a boring peaceful utopian future or not.

>reads the jump
>those supergod powers

I get the feeling that physics was barely a mild suggestion in this comic.

>blue skin tone
I wonder how much of a hit an Artificial God would be with the Asari?

First jump, Pokemon, I made a bunch of friends, and in the aftermath immediately regretted it because I couldn't bring them along.
Even though I used Return to go back straight away, it was cold comfort knowing that I could only bring the pokemon with me, and the friends I'd made on my journey to be the Very Best drifted away over the following ten years as most of them started to settle down in their 20's, while I knew my journeys were only just starting and none of them were coming with me.
Unsurprisingly I did not make a lot of friends outside of companions in the jumps that followed.

Personally, I reckon it'd be funnier to see Krishna (Or maybe more Morrigan) meet the Navi. And Pandora.

Something like that.

>I get the feeling that physics was barely a mild suggestion in this comic

Where else can you biosculpt people into a giant cawk to wank them off into space?

>worm-like structure
Yeah, right.

>Depends on whether you'd help make a boring peaceful utopian future or not.

Would making the world into a Medieval Fantasy World where highly advanced psychic technology is a substitute for magic, be boring?

On the topic of gods this is an interesting setting, and its neat to have a first jump from Avatar Comics

maybe we will have Uber soon and befriend Siegfried

>meet the Navi. And Pandora.
Oh yeah I forgot about them. Yeah, they would definitely be more fun than Asari.

>I get the feeling that physics was barely a mild suggestion in this comic.

You humans are simply perceiving your material reality incorrectly, this is my Supergod!Jumper speaking truth about the lot of you:
youtube.com/watch?v=BHqgHFcmAOc

Damn you Val for making me remember Home and Away and sodding Neighbours, I just got the bloody theme song stuck in my head

Home & Away jump never

Probably. Honestly as long as there's still significant amounts of conflict and chaos, I imagine the guy'd be interested.

Suck it. Suffer along with me now.

>Depends on whether you'd help make a boring peaceful utopian future or not.

Your very presence puts him up shit creek though. He only has one big trick and its suicide for him.

Why does it put him up shit creek? And why does him dying at one point in time necessarily mean he has to be dead at other points in time, given he's already shown to be capable of actively listening to something that happened after his death anyway.

Not to mention that being able to travel through time and space is his big trick. Travel back to when some superhuman was being made and make a few changes to assist him.

Super God needs a stipend for the godhood section.

I don't think they do. If they did, I'd add a cost onto the origin or up the cost of all the powers, since they're priced around the idea that there is no stipend. Having access to them exclusively is the benefit of the origin, not that they have a stipend.

No, it doesn't.

They are too expensive and there's too many things I want from the jump.

They're meant to be expensive, especially to get more than one. I'm glad you want a lot but I'm not going to make things easier to get or cheaper just to give out more.

>too expensive
*expensive

>Making a broken ass Jump
>Trying to change formatting and wanting to use one of those Jumps
Sin on you both.

Jumpers, have you ever met a MtG Planeswalker? How did it go?

What about the items section then or even just a group companion import?

What about the items section? The companion import option is already very cheap, costing 400 to import 8 (50 per companion) which is around the usual group import rate as I remember.

>Suck it. Suffer along with me now.
Then let us all suffer together
youtube.com/watch?v=uFMEMzkdt5Y

you can get them from other jumps

They are nice people and enjoyed my pizzas

>youtube.com/watch?v=uFMEMzkdt5Y
... and I thought Americans wrote soulless television programs

Oh ye gods it's in my head!

The worst thing about american tv is that foreign programs are even worst.

THICC DRAGONETTE

>advanced space shit
Val...

just

It's late okay

I did this in 24 hours and just

just that one mistake

Why not make Super God origin expensive? Human should be the baseline instead of giving points. Otherwise you can just end up as a powerless supergod which is stupid.

I've just read the comic, and I've got a few questions. I don't think I really get the description of Time Lord: is it the original Supergod with the power simply talking to us through time, describing his power, or would the Jumper and him actually be the same being? As for Artificial God, when was it stated in the comic that he was able to use psychic powers? I must have totally missed that. What's You're Home and Away Forever a reference to?

Nothing stops you from simply fanwanking it user.

Do you know what exactly the blue stuff Krishna produces is? Just some weird form of matter, or is it supposed to be a vast amount of those bacteria in his body?

JC beat them to the punch by companioning saitama

Eh, it wouldn't feel right. I like Artificial God, but I really don't like bacteria-based powers. If it's not possible to make the power source something else, I'll just get another power.

Because I think it works better this way, instead of having it cost 600 just to get into the SuperGod origin and then pay the high prices for stuff on top. It's only stupid if you don't use any of your 1000 starting points on even the 100 point Godhood option. You can make that choice.

Besides, you could always just be a failure. An artificially made human that was hoped to be superhuman but just came out normal.

It's just Dajjal fucking with you. You've got his powers, you've just not got the lack of sanity.

Can't remember exactly, might just be how I thought of some of his feats like telekinesis and such.

It's to how the doctor bitches about Australia deserving to be screwed over by mushrooms because of making home and away for forever.

Some weird form of matter, psychic energy, bacteria- the series doesn't really ever cover what it is.

Val, what exactly is the difference between krishna and the chinese supergod. Both of their powers is based on sub atomic matter manipulation, rigth? It's just that one prefers flesh and the other metal

Are you sure you didn't want us to fly around in an actual pile of poo?

>thinking jumping would actually change the kind of person you are
inb4 "there are perks for that"

GW2Anon
Just finished the story. The Replace Kang Woojin drawback needs to be turned into a scenario or removed. The 'plot coupon' is obtainable in-jump by killing the MC, and whether you know how to use it is absolute fanwank territory. Whether you overcome the drawback and become an all powerful entity with cheat codes to the universe, isn't measured by anything, it's just fanwank. Giving a framework for obtaining that kind of reward is exactly what scenarios are for. Also, it would make the reward fiat backed, so it would work in other universes. Making a scenario would be OC, but some jumps just require that if the source material doesn't cover an important aspect, which this is. Maybe a couple scenarios, different objectives, depending on whether you are getting the deletion scythe--without cosmic power (obtain the full set and restore earth or mars?) or full godhood (take mc drawback, defeat empowered absolute being, restore both).

Also, after reading the story, I want basically three things. To be a necromancer, to have familiars, and to get that armor or something equivalent. The level appropriate gear doesn't seem like it would even come close unless it continued to scale beyond the setting's level system. The armor will kill you if you don't have the plot coupon, so you might include god (appropriate to your class) armor as an item, or include some way for it to not kill you, maybe post jump?

Also, not including information about the upcoming (possible) post absolute being armageddon kind of makes this a trap jump for the unwary. It would be all too easy to derail canon without a backup plan and then just get completely fucked.

Cont...

Krishna is growing smarter constantly and since his powers come mostly form his tech, he's constantly getting better because he keeps rapidly upgrading his tech. Hence why he easily defeats the chinese one.

Maitreya has similar powers to what Krishna has at one point but won't be able to self improve his mind and so he's likely not growing in power. He also seems better with living matter as compared to inanimate stuff, possibly just a preference.

Of course. I'd never make you fly in a pile of poo.

Anyway, I need to sleep. Be back in a few hours.

>Why does it put him up shit creek?
Because the only trick he's shown that works on an Artificial God is a point blank suicide? Two means he has to choose and one is clearly aware of him.

> And why does him dying at one point in time necessarily mean he has to be dead at other points in time, given he's already shown to be capable of actively listening to something that happened after his death anyway.

Yes he can see branching futures, pre-cog is his trick after all. I don't see how you can argue he can do anything else though.

>Not to mention that being able to travel through time and space is his big trick. Travel back to when some superhuman was being made and make a few changes to assist him.

His big trick is pre-cog, if he could do that I don't see why he didn't do that to Krishina.

The jump doesn't say what happens if the simulation is reset while you are in it. It could be a failure condition or dimensional traveler and roused would just lose memories, but drop in and god seed are more complicated. Do all origins have bodies in stasis? This is pretty important when considering whether to take the full sync drawback.

Also, there is no canon companion option. Some of those people would be cool to take along, especially after how they put up with the MC's attitude.

The control stat is weird, do you think willpower is a decent correlation, or do you specifically need control to have more minions?

Milk truks of peace

>thinking jumping would actually change the kind of person you are
Enables you to be the worst version which is nice, thinking of settling down in Dark Eldar

Dajjal isn’t he like Doctor Manhattan?

Read tv tropes, huh? He doesn't really show anything like Doctor Manhattan. He has time related powers, seeing through time and suddenly appearing in different spaces and times.

Only thing I could find to give me the basic run down on the setting.

Well as far as I can remember at least there was no laugh track

I agree with this user. Even if you can't survive a continent buster explosion; 1 extra life is enough to deal with the thread of Dajjal (he mogth go for long term subtle changing events to fuck with you though)

>I'm too young to have ever heard of this
Little blessings.

Been saying this for years. The only ones that wouldn't go mad are those who already know better.

Where can I find the best potion perks