Warhammer 40000 General - /40kg/

Don't fuck with Straken edition

>NOVA Info:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/01/registration-for-the-nova-open-now-livegw-homepage-post-2/

>I have met my enemy, it's an abomination:
youtu.be/ClfhBZR9-As?t=25m9s

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edi

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2018/03/05/forgebane-coming-soongw-homepage-post-1/
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hey /40kg/, any tips for unblocking a toilet?

KROOT MERCS

3rd for Horus!

Use a plunger

how many genestealers is too many realistically?

Xth for Ogrebane!

You're probably never going to need more than 40.

thoughts on my guys background I'm working on?

The Aranean Shadows are a loyalist chapter of the Adeptus Astartes, known for their extensive use of traps, ambushes and misinformation. An incredibly rare few recognize their work however, as those who bear witness to it rarely survive.

When the Aranean Shadows descend on a planet, they do not do so in force, as an army would. Instead, the chapter relies on arriving to the warzone hidden and unnoticed, for their work is far easier when this is the case. Infiltrating behind enemy lines, the Shadows will deploy all manner of traps across key locations. Patrols will fall into pits of grinding razors, tanks will find the roads swallow them whole, entire hordes of enemies will be found slaughtered by an unseen army. And when the enemy finally catches wind of these trap makers, and discovers their camps and caches, all they will find is shadows and more death, for this information is often also a trap. In the cases where the enemy lays eyes on a Shadow, they will simply retreat, leading their pursuers further and further into the Aranean’s domain. This way of fighting means that the Shadows can rarely fight a war on their own, unfortunately, but they take pride in their work regardless and it is a fairly common practice for the marines of the chapter to gloat over how little they actually saw of the enemy or how how they rarely fired their bolter

This pride is rarely seen as anything positive by those outside the Aranean Shadows, however, and it is often misinterpreted as cowardice. Because of this, the Shadows have a reputation as treacherous and dishonourable astartes, and most consider them failures as the Emperor's Angels of Death. Many astartes of the chapter choose to cut themselves off from other astartes because of this, which only increases the numbers of rumors spread about them, and the chapter has few friends as a result

There's more but a single blogpost is probably enough.

How would you stat traps (mechanically and characteristic wise) in this edition?

How does Blood Angels beat Tau? I have been playing since the start of 7th and have not once ever beaten a Tau player. Most of them play the same way, set up on the far end of the board and light up any charges with overwatch.

Do I need to just git gud? What units/tatics would help me out with dealing with them?

The knights are cool I guess but everything else in the box is boring as fuck. I guess an admech play won't mind a few extra dudes but necron players are a meme. They don't exist. Basically NPC the Box

I suppose 80 is really the maximum you will every want because you only get 4 infestation nodes

So, will new baby-knight get a chaos upgrade pack/rules?
Some rumors said that a regular knights get it.

Daemonette's already have rules

From least to most radical.
>use plunger
>add soap, let it sink for a while, flush again (wont be sure to work)
>pull up your sleeve and crush the block

nice nazi lore

I want those walkers, I want those wraiths and I guess I could take the skitarii if I can find some secutarii bits
for unsanctioned conversions

I have over 10,000 points of Necrons.

I haven't really played much since 6th because of a shitty codex followed by a shitty index, but there you go.

That Cryptek is pretty neat. Once the box is out and about I might see if I can just get the Cryptek by itself for painting.

so it's a LoW after all

it's for all knight armies so it makes sense.

warhammer-community.com/2018/03/05/forgebane-coming-soongw-homepage-post-1/

As a necron player, that looks so horribly one sided. And I only really want the cryptek...

>7th edition Necrons
>Shitty

Pick one

There are some weapon options too if you compare the pictures (at least the top mounted gun)

You'll have no trouble finding a person to split with

Objectively the best-looking Chaos legion.

Looks like it's a Meltagun or a Heavy Stubber which would make sense considering their knights

>come the codex a unit of lychguard will be knight equivalent

nah, that's word bearers

They started the whole decurion style detachments mess, left a bad taste in my mouth.

Besides, even not using formations it became too easy to win. Better to just use one of my other armies and get an actual game going.

Meanwhile index Necrons have the opposite problem: No efficient solution to monsters and vehicles, and a type of reanimation that doesn't really feel right.

New reanimation feels ok. It’s just that it’s horribly countered by focused fire.

Anyone else unreasonably hyped for this? I love the thought of Squires aiding their Knight and these fuckers are going to make me buy one now. They definitely included two so that I'd finish that detachment and grab a knight, those bastards

you literally need to git gud, blood angels shred tau

i'll even give you a core detatchment to build around

jump captain with TH/SS, upgradeto death company
Lemartes
1x jump librarian

12-15x death company with bolters and chainswords, add a few powerswords in

give the librarian angels wing, cast unleash rage on the death company, then cast wings of sanguinius to move him into autocharge range

charge him first, enemy cant overwatch, then spend 2CP to charge the death company 3d6 rerollable into them aswell

spend 1CP for +d3 attacks on the captain (or if he didnt make the charge, lemartes or the psyker) and spend 3CP on death company fighting twice if you didnt kill what you charged

no

Booby Traps - 1 CP/3 CP
You may use this stratagem after determining deployment zones.
Without showing your opponent, note one piece of area terrain on the table for 1 CP, or note two pieces of area terrain for 2 CP. Also select and note one of the types below for each trap.

If enemy models are within that terrain at the end of any phase, immediately reveal the respective note and roll a die for every enemy unit in that terrain, on a 5+ the unit suffers 1d3 Mortal Wounds.

All booby traps are of one of the following types:
- Armourbreakers: Any unit that is not INFANTRY and/or SWARM suffers mortal wounds on a roll of 2+ instead.
- Viro-toxic: Any INFANTRY or SWARM unit suffers Mortal Wounds on a 3+ instead.
- Shredder: Any INFANTRY or SWARM that suffers Mortal Wounds from this trap suffers 1d3 additional Mortal Wounds for every 10 models in the unit.

Since necrons are in a pretty bad place at the moment in 8th what do you guys think the solution is? points reductions, stat tweaks, changes to ressing stupidly overpowered dynasty traits and strategems or a combination?

it's just fetish conversion fuel for me

Should i save some dosh for a Predator Executioner for my Dark Angels or just go with a triple las Predator?

>Anyone else unreasonably hyped for this?
Yeah, which is a problem because I already have a damn backlog and the last thing I need is another project

They're actually okay so long as you're building a competitive list almost entirely using immortals with the assumption that you'll be facing huge quantities of infantry, which you will.

yup so I'll probably get a pair, still a bit confused as to how they don't massively contradict the knight lore, particularly with the "commoners with an uncanny knack for mechanised warfare" comment however

So, soon we'll have a new wave of Knight players that will actually field full armies composed of what's probably one full sized knight and two mini knights at 1000 pts, double that for 2000 pts games. Are you looking forward to it ?

.>just bought 2 admech sc boxes
>this new shit
feels bad

very slight point reductions on everything
Some way to negate focus firing, as in maybe some unit abilities that can reactively confer -1 to hit during the enemies turn after he shot with a unit, or that allow reanimation even after a unit was wiped out

We don't feel like a durability faction anymore, that's the main issue. Honestly I'd rather just take my rolls up front rather than this try to keep coming back all game thing. Especially since it means HQs don't get to reanimate at all.

isn't there some fluff about knight worlds having suits for workers sometimes? like mecha which look after crops and herd alien sheep?

Just grab a laspred m8

I know the feeling but at least a Knight House is only like 7 models and their codex isnt too far off

Ground control to Cadia...

I'm looking forward to a knight army vs a single warhound titan in a 2k game

Just sell off Magi. Everything else is quite usable.

>They're actually okay

You really are retarded. Congratulations!

Yeah. I feel ya there. Especially when multiple imperial shields get 3+ invulnerable saves, and our lychguard can’t even manage that

sure.
I just want to use my knight and my funvee because it's all supposed to be the same knight house anyway. One arminger and the crassus makes a full detachment so it should be fine points wise for 1500

>still a bit confused as to how they don't massively contradict the knight lore

>Hey Sir Cuntdick, Inbred-Bob the royal shitshoveller shows mental signatures that imply he is perfect to merge with a knight, what should we do?
>Eh, stick him in a Knightlet.

I would rather have gotten sacristan considering Admech don't have a decent way of healing knights but the knighgtlets are cute

I spent 60 hours painting my house terryn knight about a year ago and i have never ever fielded him

If i can field him along a load of baby knights i might

probably will. with some luck the new box will bring my shit up to around 2000 points

Rate my file name.

Executioner so you can take advantage of that sweet strategem.

Yeah it's a git gud issue. Fast things fuck Tau. Melee anything fucks Tau. Guess what Blood Angels (should) have lots of? You guessed it. Go fuck them up before the new codex hits.

0/10, fuck off

Its to fill LoW slots for the detachment. One big knight two mini knights is quite a nice detachment

>3322
>3366
>3377
Is no one gonna address this?

That picture's almost as old as the current Berserker models. I hope there's a new Khorne release as I really do like a lot of the AoS shit and would love to see some new Worldeaters.

yes, worker suits are a thing. these poor bastards probably dont have a throne to be bound to but an uncomfortable chair with wobbly legs

>5++ save and protocols up your ass
>the armiguer will do a lot of melta damage to one necron
>one sided
it's fair and im starting Necrons with that box. I was just looking for a damn excuse anyway

I've been investing in Dark Lances so hopefully I'll be okay

the executioner isn't much good. 2d3 D2 plasma cannon shots with no overcharge option for the cost of a 4 plasma cannon dev squad.

sixty gorillion.

It looks like they will release one of these boxes each year.

Really? Shit.
What should i add to pic related to make it a better list?

>dont have a throne to be bound to but an uncomfortable chair with wobbly legs

Shit that takes me back to school.

sixty gorillion psykers gassed

I can have a knight color scheme be different from an admech one yeah?

Anyone have any 2nd hand rescues?
I got a Swarmlord in bad shape, but managed to get it in working order with a bunch of spare parts from my own Tyrant. Just needs greenstuff in a handful of places and it’ll be right as rain.

what points are you going for?

Sorry, user, but it's the truth. Necrons are an extremely effective anti-infantry army and can do fine against anything that isn't vehicle spam.

Yeah, while I didn't like all of the AoS Khorne stuff, some was great and would be a good aesthetic for more World Eater/Berzerker models

We need to update this article if we want more 8th edition players: simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000

It's actually kinda brilliant, how many people are going to be starting a new faction just because of this box? I know it'll kick start my admech and my friends necrons but imagine an eldar vs dark eldar box, it would print money (and hopefully give those guys new plastics)

My local group uses power rating since it's easier for new people to get into so i guess 100 power equals around 2000pts.

>itstechnologyiaintgottaexplainshit.jpeg

I've played a bit against Admech. Any army that fields 3 footsloggers vs Admech is going to have a bad time.

As it stands now, all Cron models are paying a points tax for their passive, which are often disregarded as competent players remove whole units at a time instead of spreading gunfire as is considered ok against other armies.

With the current rules-set the Lychguard is not only useless, it is worse that most other equivalent options for other armies, paying a point tax upon their reanimation tax for having a 4+ Inv save due to the shield. They also have an ok melee weapon, but only have a 5-6'' movement and no way to bypass this. The Immortal comes in a squad of 5 to make sure you don't get your necron reanimations.

3 Wraiths are nice regardless and the new Cryptech is said to sport some rules that "heal" your units, probably meaning triggering reanimation protocols early as there are no vehicles present.

>I can't say much until the new cron codex drops, but as it is this is going to be a target practice box for the AdMech players.

Protocols are only on lychguard and immortals. Cryptek will be a priority target. And unless you give warscythes to the lychguard, they’ll hardly do anything in close combat. Ditto for wraiths. Only decent gun on the necron side is whatever you give immortals, but those have their own issues

Also
>wargear that allows them to skim above the battlefield and repair your units.
>no vehicles to actually repair

Unless they meant RP

My old one eye is a rescue. He was assembled, badly with superglue and was formerly a mixed gun+claw retard thing.

Some tervigon claws, mawloc scything talons and a bunch of CA glue debonder later he's much better.

Yeah brother, some Knights say fuck everyone and arent bound to a specific faction so they go full hotrod on their suit.

I have never actually seriously considered running a jump pack Libarian or Captain for that matter. I just kinda go with Mephiston most times.

My current list has 2 squads of 10 DC marines with 2-3 Thunder Hammers each. They are backed up by a Stormraven, Mephiston, Lemarties, and a Sanguin Priest. I haven't played it against Tau yet. I guess I would be forced to charge the Sanguin Priest in first though.

Thanks again.

Yeah Knight households are different to Admech forgeworlds though the ones tied to the Admech normally have some red in them

Yes.

some massed anti infantry firepower would do you some good, heavy bolters and the like

you can paint your models however the shit you want

100 power is more like 2500 points.

Do you think the commissars allow regiments to procreate during campaigns, or do they ban that until the war is over and the army is on garrison duty for the rest of its existence?

Why has the 40K community got such a big problem with dumb people? You'll never get more simpletons playing the game if you don't become more accommodating of their more retarded ways.

Hope it sells. It's got two of the NPCiest factions ever, but we want GW to realize people are willing to buy something other than Marines.

>I have never actually seriously considered running a jump pack Libarian or Captain for that matter

mephiston is generally an all around monster of a unit, however the librarian can easily get reliable turn 1 auto charges to deny overwatch on your reletively squishy death company

captains are the bread and butter of the BA codex, you can pump him up to a beastly 20 attacks, give him relic hammer so he hits on 2+ rerolling 1s, 3+ 3++ 6+++ and has +1 to wound

alternatively dont give him the relic hammer and make him warlord for +1 damage on his weapon, so he can shit out up to 80 damage a turn