Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Are you a party of globetrotters or do you prefer to delve the more local dungeons?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/RqkUXjWZ
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/gjyHzRMN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In light of the recent adventure path... If you seized the throne of Taldor, how would you attempt to reform it? And, if you were to find yourself seated on that throne... what would you do with that power? And by that, I mean, who would you invade

>seizing the throne when you can instead corrupt the princess and control her as a puppet
sasuga

Legalize gay marriage

Hey, can any anons hook a guy up with the official artwork for the various Oni in Pathfinder? By which I mean the Yais, the Nogitsune, the Ja Noi, whatever you can find.

How the fuck do I make an Intelligent Magic Item with SoP?

Are there any good conversions of Dark Sun to Pathfinder? I found some very basic conversion stuff, but there's no stats for some of the races, like Gith and the Nikal.

I really want to play a Pathfinder game in Dark Sun, but it's intimidating to even start sorting stuff out without any pre-existing experience in Dark Sun, making me unsure of what's even missing or needs to be covered.

Criminalize gay marriage.

/pgg/, I've got a player in my games who cannot stop changing characters. We're playing through an AP and he's bringing in somebody new at the end of every book. The AP centers around a core group of close allies, so the GM has had to do a lot of acrobatics to rope the new characters into the plot. This revolving door of characters is starting to rub the rest of the players the wrong way and we're having less fun because of it. How do I get him to cut it out?

have you tried talking to him?

Talk to them like an adult, explain the situation, and try to come to a good middleground. If all else fails and they act like a child, act like a child back, make all your characters distrust the new guy, or get the GM to make him quit it.

Here's a fun build idea, though it doesn't really come online til 6. Start with a ranger (or another class that can get 6th level ranger fighting style feats) and take the mobility fighting style. By level 6,grab either a staff of monstrification or wand of monstrous physique I.

Take the rokurokubi form and use your prerequisite-free Whirlwind attack to chomp down on everyone in 20 feet with a 2d6 19/20 bite. For bonus fun, add in lunge and a sword master's flair to make it 30. Take combat reflexes too.

Any ideas on how to improve this that I haven't mentioned? The mental image is cracking me up hard.

Oh, forgot a picture.

Gm fiat

First of all, the "mobility" fighting style is actually Sarenrae's fighting style, and I'm not sure she'd be cool with turning yourself into the form of an evil hag-like creature. Second you don't get the elongated neck feature cuz it's an extra ex ability. So back to the drawing board with you.

Thanks.

That reminds me of the one time I played a Ghoul in 3.5. At one point he got his head seperated from the rest of him, so from that point on, he would occasionally throw his own head for a ranged bite attack

Is there any way to make a PoW maneuver count as an attack action?

Sink gay marriage into a legal paradox where it is both legal and illegal at the same time

How should I fight a level two ranger turned level one fighter/chaotic evil aarakoca? I am a level 2 necromancer.

We've already tried talking, the player refuses to see his behavior as problematic while the GM is too spineless to deal with the situation.

No

Did you
really
need
to
do this?

Anyone? Please, I really need these for the 1d4chan article on Oni.

Target his will save

So would I need ride by attack to use a lasso from horseback and drag the lassoed target while riding?

Isn't it just on google images?

Alas, my google fu is weak. All I've found are the Fire and Ice Yais, and I really want the more exotic critters, like the Nogitsune from Jade Regent.

Talk to the player to see why they're changing so much, and try to work out something that can make all parties satisfied.

If this is the group I think it is, I'm more worried about a player that would insult the GM anonymously. What letter does the game name start with?

Is it appropriate to treat "bosses" in a campaign as DMPCs as far as designing their gear and combat techniques? I mean, if a level 5 party comes up against a necromancer at the end of a dungeon, could I design and play the necromancer like I would a player would?

There are many different opinions on this topic.
My opinion is avoid it whenever possible.

Classes aren't designed for pvp matches and there are many abilities (especially spells) that it's very unfun for players to be on the receiving end of.
Eg. Hold Monster on one enemy among five means the GM just sets that one monster aside. Hold Person on a PC means a player has to sit out and do nothing for 20 minutes.

In addition, PCs are balanced around having high damage and low HP compared to monsters with high HP and low damage.

I would, while bearing in mind the parties capabilities and tendencies, so that they have a fair chance of beating him. Remember: NPC wealth=+1 CR, PC wealth=+2 CR. CR=Level otherwise.

>3.PF
>PCs have low HP
I mean i agree that that's the best way to balance a PvE in every genre, but you are factually wrong

Compared to the damage other PCs, or even themselves, can dish out, PCs have low HP.

Generic Guide to Apps
pastebin.com/gjyHzRMN
Reposting
>Reposting

tl;dr
Bring something to the table if you want to be a good app

This or something like this should be in the OP.

Your power levels are weak.

Eh, you're borrowing the form of a monstrous humanoid, not an undead, so it's fine.

And my DM has ruled that since the 20' reach with the bite is listed under reach, they'll allow it.

>Wizard shouts from distance "AIM FOR THE LEFT HEAD!"
>Barbarian: "Me left or him left?"

Why do these two birds look different?

This is the last one I have.

I roll to Seduce.

The second one is the oni in their tengu form, since they can change form to several of their forms.

Wizards and maguses get more powerful with the elephant in da room feat tax rules. What's a good build taking advantage of the feat changes?

What is the general opinion on Akashic Magic? Is it a worthwhile supplement? What's broken in it, and what works well? How well does it balance against All Paizo or Spheres Only?

Wizards don't get particularly powerful.

They get power attack, weapon finesse, and combat expertise for free. This makes them more powerful than they were previously. If nothing else, this gives them a small bonus to hit, damage, or AC. Their summoned critters also gain these feats for free.

it works alright if you specialize. Very dippable. Vancian BTFOs is and SoP is stronger by a fair amount.

> Their summoned critters also gain these feats for free.
Do they now? Elephant in the room makes no mention of those, and usually you have to negotiate that stuff with the GM.

Is Fallen Kingdom a bamboozle? /pgg/

>They get power attack, weapon finesse, and combat expertise for free.
Why would a wizard give a shit about any of that?

No

user.
If getting free power attack and combat expertise is enough to convince you that it's an okay idea to have your wizard start acting like a martial, then Elephant in the Room is a solid downgrade for your wizard's performance.

Only at BaB 1 you idiot.

Meaning a Fighter would still spank their yaoi holes at lvl 1.

I mean, I presume that it's a structural change across the system, rather than a PC specific thing.

I mean, I cannot deny that it does make many classes more powerful, but in Pathfinder, power is functionally meaningless unless it can be properly utilized.
Wizards tend not to utilize Maneuver feats, but if you're a spellcaster who focuses on those things, you can make use of the feats. Touch attacks can be easier, so you can dump strength more with only worrying about carrying capacity. But these builds are not particularly commonly used, due to the fact that Wizards are built differently.

So I'd say, if it's systemwide, Summoners benefit the most as their creatures can Power Attack, but otherwise, unless you're building a Gish, it's simply not as valuable.

Let's be real user, a fighter will spank them at level 2 aswell, it's a fucking wizard, it's not going to be able to properly shut it down yet at level 2.

You're presuming wrong. It specifically calls things out in terms of PCs only, and NOT NPCs. If anything, it makes sense to keep feat taxes in for them, for that very reason.

>Their summoned critters also gain these feats for free.
This is false.

Correction, they wizard will be able to stomp 1 Fighter, before the Rogue stabs him in the back and throws him off a cliff to his death. His family mourns the deceased wizard, but cannot deny that the idiot had it coming.

>
>Sleep

Jesus fucking christ what is this it with this thread's obsession with gay sex.

Well fuck me I forgot that spell exists, hell color spray too. I'm fucking retarded, disregard what I just said.

Bad because of Sslarn's shit design, interesting ideas but awful execution

My gf broke up with me and now all I wanna do is go head first into tabletop. I've been a player in a test and a half long campaign, gonna gm a starfinder one shot on Saturday, and starting a weekly campaign for a group of new players on Saturday.

>Bad because of Sslarn's shit design, interesting ideas but awful execution
I'd like to hear some further comments: What mechanics in particular are broken, and how are they broken?

>implying the only Fighters are humans
Mr Level 1 Elf Fighter says hello. And farewell.

Rory please fuck off.

>this thread
You're on Veeky Forums-Did you think it meant "Traditional Games", no user. It means totally gay.
I mean, you resorted to playing a fucking elf. You lose by default.

In that case, Color Spray. Charm Person. Etc. You're elf is either blinded or sucking the wizard off, because we all know he totally would.

Fuck you dumb bitch I bet my character could beat yours

The individual veils are very fiddly and vary hugely in power level.

There are some veils that are awful and have next to no use on their own because they're designed for the player who spends an hour reading the book to realise you combine X and Y and Z to make a working combo.
And then you have veils like armory of the conqueror which makes any size stacking build crazy.

Unfortunately the vast majority of veils are in the former category.

Yes, and her character can get laid easier, let's sit down and be gentile. Sit down, have a cup of tea and head off the internet for a bit.

No I wanna fight you *draws sword made of pure silver*

But if Veeky Forums means totally gay, Elves should be top tier!

Rory has fucked off

That should be all of the Oni, and more, since I wasn't expecting you to find the Oni NPCs as well. Thanks a lot for this.

I like to collect character art

Don't suppose you have a Victorian Era Half-orc somewhere in your folders, do you?

Just to jump on the bandwagon real quick, any white scaled, preferably female half dragon half human type deals? Having a bit of trouble finding white scaled dragon girls.

Hey guys! How's everyone doin? i've been out of the /pgg/ /pfg/ game for a while. Anything cool happen lately?

Not quite the white you were looking for, but this is the closest I've got.

I don't have much organizing for my half-orc folder.

We've achieved a near 100% bamboozle rate.

Cowboys are Victorian Era?

well that's nothing new if i'm recalling thing correctly.

Really reaching here.

It'll work! Thanks a bunch user.

Let's see what I have.

>Hey guys! How's everyone doin?
Worse, now that I know you're not dead. Fuck off, attention whore.