Warhammer 40000 General - /40kg/

Tau is strong edition

>NOVA Info:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/01/registration-for-the-nova-open-now-livegw-homepage-post-2/

>Warhammer TV Tip of the day: youtube.com/watch?v=pdVzj2SzFFY

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edi

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nodA5bxueyo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1 commander per drop!

First for the Drukhari!

>tfw no Tau'n Sept
also, first for the greater good

Fourth for the Dark City.

Isn't that the same name as those warrior desert people from Game of Thrones?

If an user wanted to get into Warhams and actually play it, is Dark Imperium the best jumping in point? I don't really like Ultramarines based on lore, but I can always sell those off later and get generic marines to run the chapter I actually care about, yeah?

No

Ion rifl are more cost effective than quad fusion commanders now for anti-tank.
>> Brainlette Tau player who can’t ro anything but think how to spam one unit...

You mean the Dothraki, who live in plains, not desert?

>All hail the king of Tau'n

You don't have to paint them or run them as Ultramarines. But from what I've heard it's a good starting point.

Old Thread:

any of the start collecting boxes are good.

Just pick a faction you like and go for it.

>tau thread
dropped

I hear coldstars can take custom weapon loadouts now, so I might actually take one.

It's a great box, yeah. But you can paint the marines inside however you like, the only ultramarines thing in the box is a number of decals.

post dudes

So what you are saying is more commanders?

damn that would be great
i love the speedyness of the coldstar as well as the looks

Thanks my dudes. Lamenters get!

Bye, you won't be missed, kiddo

>> If you want to disgust even your own tau players sure.

>mfw every single tau wanted to be as overpowered as they were in 7th and cant stand being an ok codex.

Not so smug now that you're mid tier, are you Taufags?.

Man I love your dudes

old school, I like it

Saw your army here a number of times, kudos. I really like the ones with a cape.

The smug is eternal gue'la.

as smug as always, couldnt care less about how good my faction is

>the superhero movie "just landed" pose
Fuckin' ace, user.

I wish you best luck with best dudes, friendo. Don't forget to share progress pics.

>> We were smug even when shit. It’s how we know we’re superior to you.

I'm trying to decide on a color scheme for Blood Angels using either Leadbelcher or gold for accents for the red.

I've had equal amounts of suggestions for each.

Sargents/unit leaders may have gold helmets or another color in the pauldrons

thanks, user, yours are pretty sick, too. Kind of jealous you got a very unique feel to them.

Love the old 2nd edition ootrmtrooper conversion.

Boss lent me a dopeass camera today to practice movie stuff. My first idea is minis. Doesn't have a dedicated macro setting like the point-and-shoots I'm used to but dang, nice for no macro lens.

Glad to hear it, user. Thin your paints.

Beautiful army. 10/10 would play against.

yeh, i love my coldstar warlord
>got blown away by the single first shot made in my first game ever, but still love her

quality 15 year-old meme, my friend!

>her

ah, you mean my camo cloak sniper teams. Thanks, you can get them cheap from Victoria Miniatures. Look good on Vindicares, as well.

>Having taste this shit

>brainlette
>european form of brainlet with a better etymological basis

God I cant wait for Orks to be top tier when they drop

The taufag tiers will run into rivers and flood all the tables of the world

I need to take another group photo once I finish my next squad.

>God I cant wait for Orks to be top tier when they drop

big poofy t'au diaperbutt

right in my face

>implying

I would be lying if I didn't say that the Tau codex being ok/weak gives me hope that DE will catch GW on the upswing of "oh, fuck we made the army shit".

>Custodes are gonna be an amazing codex
>Nids are gonna be an average to shit codex
>AdMech is gonna be a shit codex
>BAngles are gonna be a shit codex
>Eldar is gonna be an OP codex
Veeky Forums just likes whinging and being wrong

I just got done going through a load of Skitarii and Mechanicus info on the 40k wiki, and I gotta say...
I want to like them. I dig their aesthetic, I love machine cults, and I like industrious factions...
But I find them severely lacking in character. Am I missing something? Am I looking in the wrong places?

Didn't play in 7th & wouldn't have cared anyway because I hate riptides. I mean I'm not smug right now, but I really dgaf about power tier & just want some rules that reflect the fluff decently

Anti-Taufags are becoming the new Carnac of thread-derailing meme argument shite

Thanks user! I've got 30 Vic Lamb Sandor Rad hounds w/Shotguns on the way to be my Counts As DKOK Engineers, want a list with every chemical weapon in the game at some point. That's Kravitz, he's my Scion Prime, but for that game he was just a Company Commander.

Custodes are amazing though

Who else just LOVES playing a thematic narratives or campaigns where your hyper trained transhumans get shot to bits FIRST TURN by random ass conscripted humans that never saw a gun before and green retards literally born yesterday?

Doesn't it really makes you FEEL the narrative, anons?

I like the shoulderpads on the suits. Don't think I've seen anyone paint Tau'n before either

>Waaaah why do my space mens get shot to death by guns no melee or glorious combat so unfair ;-;
Get fucked

It happens with each codex drop.

Tau are cucks Custodes are cucks everything i don't play is bad and for beta males!

Man layer paints suck.
Dry too fast and can't consistently thin them

What do you guys think the chances of us seeing a World Eaters specific Codex are? Although I very much so want it to come out I find it unlikely. If I remember correctly units that were going to be TS and DG specific (e.g Typhus, Ahriman, Magnus) were kept out of the CSM codex. Nothing related to the WEs has been left out.

the old order is down the toilet grandpa

tau are shit and nids are good. The caste system has broken down, orks can be kings now

DE codex will already be finished by now. Reaction to T'au won't have any effect even if they did pay attention to customer opinion.

>Dumb 'umie gets rolled by ded 'ard gits
Are you surprised user? Have you considered not being a naff panzee?

Can Veeky Forums please bitch about how the Cron Codex is going to be absolute crap then?

To be fair Space marines are horribly under powered.

If your character gets killed first turn this is more your fault then anyone else.

>A faction whose entire identity is leaving their humanity to become more machine
>lacking in character
no shit
you could go crazy with your own mechanicus. There are feudal worlds in which you can take knights/armigers and such and make your own thing and give them some character.

Yep Veeky Forums is almost as wrong as /v/ these days. /v/ is still the winner though.

Yea we're basically the imperial nids. Faceless wierd guys

In the hands of a good player yes, the model count isn't there to be capping enough objectives while getting tied up by hordes unless you know what you're doing with them

Ohh no the necro codex is going to be fucking great.

They will finally buff the monolith.

>not playing for fun and narrative
>being a waacfag

Hopefully never, World Eaters are the most boring traitor legion.

as someone who recently gave up world eaters, I agree.

Nah there a good reason to believe the cron codex will be decent with the number of necrons players writing the codex.

Adarki codex might suck lemons pretty hard.

Haven't seen this one yet.

Fucking great.

>tau thread
>see this pic
Someone post that story of the dark eldar fooling tau into thinking they'd help with nids, then abandoning the tau army, enslaving their civilians, and leaving them to be btfo by the nids

>Nobody freaking out about the Bor'kan Ghostkeel
30" range god damn
6 overcharging shots instead of d6 what the ass
8pts for a 4++ mother of balls
niggas gon be lit
ion rapin like there's no tomorrow

And to make matters worse you can actually give him the fusion gun now because of a 9point drop and 15" melta range

I agree, but whining on the internet does nothing about it.
>Is complaining about guardsmen shooting Space Marines to death
>Why does this happen? Clearly the rules are wrong. Why aren't you playing to the narrative?
I sure am user! My auto-guns are just so powerful that they blow right through Ceramite :^)

>Babby crying unbecoming of a space marine.

Suck it up, buttercup.

>> Being this new. Tau haters shit post year round. They shit post in their sleep. Their whole life is a shit post against Tau
Their very existence is fueled hating tau it’s the only thing they can do.

>Space Kangz of Wakanda

What is this an edit?

Chances are 0 (zero). Same as EC.
I would be happy enough if GW can at least make plastic kits for CSM shit instead of all this finecast and they don't even bother with that. So stop getting your hopes up with this wishful thinking.

>25" melta threat range on an infiltrator unit
Thank god it's like 200 points for d3 shots

>We destroy the Monolith and this is over
youtube.com/watch?v=nodA5bxueyo

Fuck I wish necrons would get pariah's back.

That's because most serious wikis are lacking in character. Maybe give 1d4chan a go if you want that, but be aware a lot of it's memes. Should do a good job of highlighting the satirical technology-hoarding cultists who somehow become bureaucratic luddites with complicated political nets of tenuous alliances, backstabbing & complete control over expendable lives of thousands of servants brainwashed to hear their commands as coming from their god himself

GW has Necron codex writers?! Colour me shocked! But fuck I hope the DE codex isn't shit.

Eldar are actually OP though

source?

silverbacks chapter

Yeah but they were released near the csm release so they could leave them out.

>tau dindu nuffin
>we was balanced 'n sheeit

They get some good character development in their books. Wikis aren't the best for working out the most flavourful factions, but grabbing Titanicus from the MEGA might do a better job.

I made the earlier anti-Taufag comment & even I think this post is stupid

*blocks your path*

Personally I'm hope Belisarius remakes the old traitor legions or something. I want loyalist WE and EC

Wazari actually.