Veeky Forums - Filename thread

Old thread full (see here: )

Other urls found in this thread:

newgrounds.com/portal/view/698103
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not even Veeky Forums-related, what the heck?

here's your (you)

TOO BAD PARANATURAL IS SHIT NOW

I know that, but this was a decent enough bit.

The are "Veeky Forums" related though.

It says something about GW design that I had to take a second look at this to realize it was a shoop

or I'm retarded, whatever

is Veeky Forums related, and therefore Veeky Forums-related.

needs a more subtle name

The thumbnail looks weird.

Yeah, no idea why.

Why's that?

It's because the gif (which supports transparency) is converted to a jpg for a thumbnail

>ISIS_recruiter.jpg

>gat marriage
Florida man, is that you?

Dammit, spelling error

The best 1B I ever tapped for.

s-source?

I think it's Rail Wars, but I'm not certain. I heard Rail Wars isn't very good.

Who need talent or passion with 'plot' like that

I am not a Star Wars nerd. Is the hatred for the retcons universal?

I liked it. People were salty because they assumed from the name there'd be some major conflict, then it was most just people who really liked trains doing train things. With a terrorist bomb plot thrown in that one time.

It's not even a retcon. It's a big mystery, the worldview-changing kind, set in ep7, never addressed and never will be, since they killed off the bastard in ep8 without explaining shit.
I don't care about SJW stuff, but Last Jedi was just such a shit example of storytelling and a great example of fucking ruining someone else's worldbuilding.

It really was. I mean, they COULD make Snoke to be Darth Plagueis. Who survived Palpy's betrayal and now Kylo's because he really did master death like Palpy bragged.

Anyone got that screencap of a DM who let his cousin play Kender, so the party would kill him and the cousin would leave?

I don't know why they gave control over Star Wars to someone who hates Star Wars.

I want Lucas back. His plans for episode 7 were great.

>Storytelling

The fuck you on about? We making toy commercials, who gives a flying fuck, just make 'em fight with lasers. Consumers love lasers.

I dont know what hurts more. That this is what they did, or that they actually tried and still managed to fuck up basic storytelling in one of the most beloved franchises in cinema history with their limitless budget.

>I want Lucas back.

I was originally going to shit all over you, user, but reflecting on it, I think you're onto something.

The problem is that Lucas on his own is garbage. But if he were simply part of the team, controlled and guided, maybe it would work better.

Nothing is universal in the land of Star Wars fandom.

But many were disappointed by the choices made in TLJ.

Personally, I'm mad at how close they were to some of the correct calls, and how they missed them.

Like, the whole "Holdo had a plan and Poe fucked it up" arc is missing a single goddamn line to make it work. And we know it's only missing one line, because Poe GIVES THE RESPONSE. Poe, at some point I forget, drops an ironic line about "need-to-know". Which would make sense, if he had ever been TOLD the plan was need-to-know.

Seriously, 2 seconds of explanation from Holdo, and the arc would work. "We don't know how they're tracking us. Until we do, the plan is need-to-know. At ease, Commander." Boom. I just fixed like, a third of the movie.

>I was originally going to shit all over you, user, but reflecting on it, I think you're onto something.
Have you seen the artbook and the plans within? It was going to be awesome. Rey was just a scavenger who they needed to get info from the remains of the death star, for one.

Also Darth Talon was gonna be a thing, Fin was a white guy, etc. A lot of changes.

Oh yeah, and Luke didn't try to kill his nephew.

You know what irritates me the most? The fact that it was a not-Star Wars movie set in SW decorations
> technobabble
> no preaching of restraint and wisdom from Jedi
> dead end plotline with Finn and Rose
> forced romance
> self-contradicting morality
> no feeling of 'greater universe' around
It's not shit because it's SJW-ridden. It's not shit because it's sole purpose is to sell merch.
It's shit because it's a shit story, and not Star Wars to boot.

It seems my question has derailed the thread. Hopefully things will stay civil and images will continue to be posted.

Was Rey also going to have a consistent character and not an obvious plotbender for the writers to utilize.
I really don't care about the race of unestablished characters as long as the actor does the character justice.

There are no heroes left in man....

Have you ever been in a freeform roleplaying forum I was like 13 at the time, stop judging me where two of the players got in an argument over some retarded bullshit, and then started replying directly to each other for the sole purpose of changing shit to invalidate everything the other guy's last post said?

That's what Episode 8 felt like to me.

>inb4 sauce
newgrounds.com/portal/view/698103
NSFW by the way.

>not American shows up to Jewish LARP

Most of those points definitely existed in the original star wars, dude.

I'd go point by point, but I gotta hit the road in like, 10 minutes, so some quick ones.

>self-contradicting morality.
Obi-Wan tells Luke the Empire has already won because he refuses to man up and kill his dad.

"True from a certain point of view"

Yoda telling Luke he should let his friends die, and that going to Cloud City is a mistake, when it's partly the results of the confrontation at Cloud City that redeem Anakin.

>forced romance
Luke/Leia

>Dead end plotline
I'll take "Who is Boba Fett, or literally any of the other bounty hunters?" for 600, Alex. I'll take "who is Lando" in Empire Strikes Back. (yes, he switches sides for Jedi, but in Empire he's introduced to betray the party, change his mind, and then fail to actually DO ANYTHING after changing his mind.)

>no preaching of restraint or wisdom from Jedi.
See self-contradicting morality. The Jedi were wrong a LOT in the Originals, and they gave bad advice about Vader most of the time. They're mostly just remembered as being wise because of their general remarks. The instant they got specific, they got wonky.

What happened to it?

>Dorkly

Go find a safe place if you're so easily triggered.

But Boba Fett wasn't brought up as some HUGE MYSTERY GUYS. He was just a dude.

Snoke was brought up as this HUGE, SUPER EVIL FORCE USER and we got nothing.

Also, Lando was around in case Harrison Ford refused to come back. He was going to be a sort of replacement.

Sauce?