Flames of War: Quality Shitposts edition

so, let's start this! weekends tend to be full for us, no wonder it died Sunday....

/fowtg/

Flames of War SCANS database:
mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current Veeky Forums fan projects - Noob Guide &FAQ, and a Podcast
drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
panzerfunk.podbean.com/

vimeo.com/128373915 ...a nice little sobering feels watch....

flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/CariusNarva.pdf

flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page

Which army do you play the most?
strawpoll.me/4631475

what actual country are you from?
strawpoll.me/4896764

DISCORD
discord.gg/drZbxvm

docs.google.com/document/d/1JWmbvVANUraO9ILWJZduRgiI9w4ZC3ytNUQE8rK7Xrw/edit?usp=sharing an "i want to get a starter set" for late war.

Do you play TANKS? what is the local scene / meta like? (multi)
strawpoll.me/12127794/r

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j4sMeo8wdzE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

and a few good PDFs:

the Guppies....

and my half-assed but still pretty good V4 sheets

Command cards for US and ITA should arrive by Friday, going to try getting GER and UK tomorrow from LGS

painted some stukas

good man!

once they see play, tell us how well they work: i should grab stukas, but i haven't....

are there any formats out for a v4 escalation league yet? points levels that tend to work?

Sorry senpai I was actually playing.

I decided to go full retard and order 2 full 88 units. Churchills scare me.

Cheers

Does it really come with 4 crew?

do it. DOOOO IIIIIIIT!

Churchills are deadlier than Tigers in my Experience. you pay less for them and they have just enough armor and gun to be horrible to 95% of the other MW tanks....

4 of the meltiest solidarity you’ll ever find.

>soldati
Fucking autocorrect.

so the sculpts aren't great? are all the infantry like that?

It's 15mm plastic. I don't know what you were expecting?

Guy from wellington getting into flame of war. Bought the Soviet Tank Shock Group because bugger it I like IS-2s and the Russian aesthetic.

From what I can tell this box makes a legal 1200pts army from the Armies of Late War book. What am I in for if I run this?

Also would you guys recommend buying a second box of this to expand? That would give me 4 IS-2s, 4 ISU-152/122s, 14 T-34/85s(Or 76s) and 8 ZIS-2/3s.

Other than them being very poorly based, I don’t see what the problem is supposed to be.

Doing God's work, user.

Dude, that AT14 is too good to turn down. I'm going to run at least one full platoon of Lancia 90's at some point.

My thoughts exactly. Why do people make such a big deal over 1tmm infantry having aort of goopy faces? You're never going to notice that when you're playing, so what's the big deal?

BERSAGLIERI RIFLE COMPANY HQ
2x Carcano rifle team 1 point

RIFLE PLATOON
9x Breda MG & Carcano rifle team 9 points

RIFLE PLATOON

RIFLE PLATOON

BREDA MG PLATOON
3x Breda HMG team 3 points

81mm MORTAR PLATOON
3x 81mm mortar 5 points

47mm ANTI-TANK PLATOON
4x 47mm gun 8 points

47mm ANTI-TANK PLATOON
4x 47mm gun 8 points

88mm ANTI-TANK BATTERY
4x 88mm gun 24 points

88mm ANTI-TANK BATTERY
4x 88mm gun 24 points

100 points

Rate my autism guys.

No tanks, interesting.

Also: replace those 88's with glorious, Italian made, Lancia 90/53's and you've got yourself set.

They are many times more expensive $ wise senpai.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it!

I would personally not recommend it, as it doesn't really give you much room to do much new things, Look in the book play a few games and see what you would want.

True, until that sweet two pack comes out.

I plan to replace my 88's with 90/53's at some point.

Something that actually has more facial features than a nub of a nose. Battlefront has had some nice score in the past (though their QC has always been hit or miss). Melty men just don’t do it for me.

Why

Better than redskull germans with ufos, right?

Just think of the value

Value depends on what the armour is on a T-54 (K-2). If the extra AT is not wasted and your opponent regularly brings big tanks it is an auto-take

Read the point cost a bit more carefully.

Ah, I was looking only at the AT upgrade.
I never could have imagined this, my brain just sort of shut it out...

That actually sounds good.

Warren pls

Why would anyone buy this abortion of a book? Osprey fucked up big time and someone from Battlefront should have given the book a single pass to at leas catch some of the most blatant errors.

At least red skull germans is at least marginally related to the period.

How the hell dos something like that make it to the printers without anyone catching the error? Seriously?

Ugh... Even as a massive Star Wars fan, I can’t understand what would possess a person to do this.

Who looks at Stripes and thinks “I’m gonna make a Rebel army from Star Wars”?

Nah, Hydra style or Indiana Jones style Nazis would actually be better.

Those at least tie into pop-culture depictions of WWII.

Cold War Star Wars? That makes zero fucking sense.

Unless it’s a bad reference to the “Star Wars” missile defense system. *shrug*

I have seen this guy post before. He's making his TY burgers into star wars resistance dudes with custom made twilek heads, rebellion markings and now aparently a U-wing.
I mean it triggers the sith out of me as a sw fan and ty player but if he's having fun with then no harm done eh?
Imo he needs to do the references more subtle or go full retard. This middle ground does not please me.

#
Soviet player here
Sure why not. Buying other stuff makes for a better army but another starter is not bad.
Having 4 instead of 2 will make your IS-2s and ISU units better but these guys are not good picks so you know. Fun, but not good (for their points).
On the other hand, more T34s and zis2/3s is exactly what you need. Great value for their points.
If you want a more balanced army then I'd suggest buying a box of T34s, infantry and SU-100/85 each.

>star wars resistance dudes
>resistance dudes

Why?

Autism

Why not?
I've had stupider ideas.
>red alert soviets
>GDI west germans
>GLA japanese
>Cobra americans
I never acted on them though...

but the resistence is the worst faction aesthetically in the entire star wars universe.

>GDI west germans
>GLA japanese
What?

>but the resistence is the worst faction aesthetically in the entire star wars universe.
All the aesthetic lies in the vehicle design and that doesn't carry over when you are painting TY things. Straight up including a star wars vehicle just looks stupid though. So yes, you are corect.

>GDI japanese
Ramshackle bomb trucks as nikuhaku, ak47 mobs as infantry, crappy tanks. It could work?

>GDI west germans
Ok so this was just a bad idea.

>red alert soviets

I’ve had a similar idea. Maybe just as joke unit or two, but it’s a fun idea.

>GDI west germans

GDI from the original Command & Conquer always struck me as being far more inspired by the US military.

Medium Tanks are Abrams, APCs are M113s, and they even use A-10s and Humvees.

Now you can Humvee spam murikans are basically perfect for GDI. MLRS will doubtless come at some point too.

Home brew C&C lists when

> GDI from the original Command & Conquer always struck me as being far more inspired by the US military.

Yes, definitely. Nod were always a bit Eastern European/Warpac to me, but just a bit.

>Cobra Americans
Oh yes please.HISS tanks for days.

Update on the Firestorm Bingo board.

Nod is quite western too, dune buggies, bradleys, apaches, M107 but a few more fictional units. Backstory is that they had the fingers in the US armaments industry.

>red alert soviets
>Soviet soviets
What's wrong with that? It fits like cheburek and sourcream.

>Red Alert
>as in the game with Tesla coils and twin-barreled Mammoth tanks

It’s like Nazi Super-Science, but with Russians!

Besides the tesla weapons and mammoth tank, the only soviet super-sciency thing was the flamethrower turrets and various special abilities you could call in like iron curtain. You can easily portray most of the Red Alert soviets without having to change a thing (besides adding attack dogs I guess)

I’m sure we could come up with something reasonably balanced if we tried.

Either as an upgrade to an infantry platoon, or as a platoon on their own.

>yfw no bingo yet

I have to ask, what is the story behind the “laser guided artillery as AA” box?

Because that sounds like some next level bullshit to me.

In short the guided weapons rule let’s you lase helicopters and shoot copperheads/krasnopol projectiles at them. It’s a really expensive AA strategy, but people on facebook and the forum got butt blasted and were threatening to hit people with the rulebook even though it’s clearly allowed by the rules and not really even OP.

I tried doing some Command and Conquer Rules, then people got bootyblasted because I actually dared to like Command and Conquer 3.

There’s nothing wrong with C&C 3. Or C&C 2 for that matter.

Now, if you had said C&C 4, we’d have to report you to the Commissar. **That** game was a steaming pile of shit.

The issue with your C&C 3 rules was that the toys we actually have to play with right now are better suited to the original C&C.

That’s idiotic.

Even if it’s not against Rules as Written, I’m pretty sure that goes against Rules as Intended.

>C&C4
Don't be silly Eagles, they never made a fourth game.

Eh, those people can go cheer themselves.
I for one would be greatly entertained by some c&c homebrew, regardless of what game it was based on.
>but really, c&c 1 is the way to go

Right, right.

Not sure what I was thinking there...

Or Red Alert 1. Nothing too outlandish there.

It’s not until RA2 and RA3 that the tech starts getting really weird.

Don’t get me wrong, I love some bomber blimps, but the tech in those games get weird. And that’s without mentioning all the psychics.

The problem I swiftly found is that there's not enough stuff represented in the core game to fill out a proper TO&E. Machine guns, Mortars, etc, all missing.

On the other hand, Stealth tank profile I whipped up.

Stealth Tank Mk1.
Mobility, Standard Tank. FA: 3 SA: 3 TA: 1 Ezekiel's Wheel , Protected Ammo.
TOW Missiles: Range: 32'/80cm, RoF: 2, AT: 16. FP: 1+. Missile, Minimum range 16"/40cm.
Tib Core Missiles: Range: 32'/80cm, RoF: 2, AT: 17. FP: 1+. Missile, Minimum range 16"/40cm. Tiberium Weaponry

>Ezekiel's Wheel
>The Brother Of Nod's stealth technology is one of it's finest assets. From personal generators allowing for saboteurs to move unseen, to the massive disruptors of Temple Prime which are capable of hiding the entire complex from almost all sensors.
Teams with this special rule are always treated as being shot at Night and shooting at night.

>Tiberium Weaponry
>Tiberium is anathema to almost all living life, corrupting it at worst, and merely killing it at best.
Unless noted, Infantry Teams, Gun Teams, and Unarmoured Vehicles automatically fail their saves when hit by Tiberium Weaponry.

At and fp values seem a little bonkers but these things can't be judged without seeing the other units' stats.
Cool.

That profile was taken from the Shillelagh Missile, the only missile that was in Flames of War when I wrote that.

Hasn’t the Shillelagh gotten a boost in stats in Team Yankee?

Is the British starter the most decent one?

>Cromwells

Far from it, American>German>British/Soviet

Shillelagh in TY now has stats of:
range 16-48
Rof 1/-
AT 22
FP 3+
Guided, HEAT

Have DAK and Brits, will try scanning them when can during lunch or after work. But the only real changes in DAK for formations is Armored Car company, softskin transports for units, captured 6lb and 25lb guns, and one card lets you take over a tank after assault kill

will look at brits in bit

I thought Cromwells were ok?

Fast, but a little lightly armoured.

buy more T-34 boxes instead. you won't regret it.

wait, is that book or is that a stat-card?

They're the generic 6/4/1 of most medium tanks. I wouldn't call that lightly armored.

true.
some people see the paper stats as opposed to play the game. medium tanks are alright.

Also they're a nice, chunky, tank with ole ty of personality.

Phil had ample opportunity to give it another rule like accurate, but they specifically chose the guided rule. It also hasn’t been FAQ’d and Phil hasn’t responded so I presume it’s intended.

Personally I see nothing wrong with it since the game allows you to fire TOWs and what not at aircraft. You can kill a single light armored vehicle to make laser guided artillery completely worthless.

Doubling up is IMO not worth it, as your shotcount will suffer (since you can't actually field 4 IS-2's plus 4 ISU's and then anything else). The basic setup is decent, you might want more arty (remember, field your ZIS-3's as artillery!) against infantry and some Spearheaders (such as Spetznaz) to get a free move on your slow tanks at the start of the game. Maybe some (motorized) infantry to hold objectives.

They are. V4 may have reduced their speed advantage some, but they're still good medium tanks, and the Challengers/Fireflies in each troop are nice ways to deal with a "muh big cats" player.

>You can kill a single light armored vehicle to make laser guided artillery completely worthless.

Okay, fair enough.

But letting any kind of artillery fire at aircraft still seems like a major WTF to me.

Anyone got a link to a pdf of the new ‘Nam book?

Hold your horses, when someone has it and is willing to share we will all know.

Sorry didn’t mean to be impatient. None of my flgs have it or can order it, I’m confused as to whether it is out or circulating. Thanks though.

on that subject there are some cool videos on youtube about copperheads.

youtube.com/watch?v=j4sMeo8wdzE

Germans scanned in: Softskins had info front and back so the stats are on page 2 in the same spot as the front on page 1

And the brits, with 3 formation additions:
NZ Cav Honeys
Aussie Cav Crusaders
Armored Cars

noice! PDF's and everything!

Why BF made a separated web for the nam release?

i dunno? because it's 1/2 osprey now????

It's what they are doing now, every war has a site, so FoW, Nam, TY all have their own sites, FoaN will get its own when they re-release it.

will get the USA and ITA cards up once they arrive

You are a fucking champ.

Are t72's bad or something

Soviet T-72s are pretty awful. They are too expensive for what they can do on the battlefield. The T-72M is a much better buy.

What is the difference between the two?
Also how good are the american m60's

The T-72M loses a point of Front Armour and Anti-Tank, but gains a point of skill in East German hands.

The T-72M is a the export version that they gave to the East Germans. It’s ever so slightly weaker, but it also has a lower points cost compared to the Soviet T-72. Oddly, that makes it a more points-efficient buy.

The M60 Patton comes in two varieties, the A3 used by the Army, and the older A1 used by the Marines.

Both come in at the same points value, but the ‘soft stats’ like morale and skill are slightly different. Also some of the technology is slightly better on the newer A3 model, but this is balanced out by the A1 having better crew stats from the Marines.

Personally I’m more a fan of the Army A3 model, but that’s just my opinion.