>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D- 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etool.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tool/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/
How much randomization do you enjoy in your games? Does 5e need more random tables?

Reposting from last thread.

What's your ideal tempest cleric build, /5eg/?

Do you go the cookie cutter hill dwarf, or variant human for some fun times with booming blade?

How gay is your character?

Why do you care about your build? Why not play a character that you think is cool?

Orc/Half Orc
Go be a weirdboy.

She's pretty gay, singing her gay old songs and dating her gay old girlfriend. She has the gayest of times.

Nobody wants to be the cleric that can't pass a CON save

My Russian dwarf is turbo bear gay for his USA elf scene queen lover and can't wait to be a fantastic step-dad to his son.

>Does 5e need more random tables?
Not particularly in my opinion, most of the fun of this hobby comes from throwing stuff together yourself, and random tables always seem to have results that just don't ever seem to fit with whatever vibe I'm going for.
UNLESS we're talking about a new and bigger Wild Magic table (hopefully that comes with better rules for the Wild Magic Sorcerer, too). I'd love that.

What are some good penalties for having only one hand as a warlock? been thinking of just replacing it with mage hand and having to juggle my concentration but maybe like disadvantage on str checks or something maybe?

I want to make a cool and useful spellcaster that isn't a cliche but also isn't a walking meme.

what do

Critical Role and letting liberals in DnD were both mistakes

This.

It's so strange that my Sorcerer can't quicken spell a Lightning Lure then cast lightning bolt, but he can Quicken spell Lightning Bolt then cast Lightning Lure.

Why did they do this?

Con saves are a trap anyway, if a DM wants to break your concentration on a spell, all he has to do is hit you with a magic missile or multi-attack and statistically you'll fail ONE of the concentration saves.

>Captain a pirate ship
>uses trident
>the sea is a cruel sovereign
>I am her tax collector

Because it doesn't matter? You can cast your cantrip before your Quickened spell, you know.

>mfw I made a Fiend Bladelock/Battlemaster 1 month before the Hexblade UA came out
Should I just reboot the character?

Anyone who wants to spam booming blade or green-flame blade needs to reconsider their life.

I was doing this long before I heard of CR.

Zhentarim fag from last thread. Is "The Lord's Alliance" basically them but Good? Would I still want to be a Lawful character to fit in there?

I am WAYY over thinking this basically worthless thing

I just had to solve 10 captchas to ask this

Critical Role didn't invent gays, faggot

If you're a complete shitter, yeah.

You don't think booming blade is cool and flavorful on a tempest cleric?

The instant you cast a spell as an action you cannot cast any other spell as a bonus action. I could use an action, action sure, or reaction for spell casting but I can't use my bonus action one I did that.

Booming blade will never seem flavorful in my eyes, only an overpowered piece of shit design.

Ask your DM about throwing you a bone if you really care, but honestly it's not that big a deal unless you're just trying to optimize for no reason.

Yes, reboot. If your GM isn't a dipshit , he should let you without a penalty.

What classes/subclasses fit tieflings best? Not necessarily just mechanically but also fluff-wise.

It amazes me how many complaints I see about EB turret Warlocks in the same threads where people talk with such excitement of spamming BB and GFB. I just don't understand, but I do know that SCAG cantrips were a mistake.

Booming Blade and Greenflame Blade are straight upgrades to basic melee attacks, they're overpowered on classes that don't get normal multi-attack progression.

Literally homebrew-tier levels of shit game design.

Stop caring so much.

Fiend Pact Warlock is pretty generic, but it fits well.

>I am WAYY over thinking this basically worthless thing
Hey you said it not us.
Submit yourself to the botnet and get a google account, I only have to solve a single captcha every other post

Sorcerer's, Warlocks (Fiends or Celestials), Bards, and Paladins. Remember though you don't have to play to type, you could subvert it.

That's fair, but by level 6 a fighter will have 20 str and the cleric will be stuck with whatever he started with (14 or 16), making him much less likely to hit.. and the cleric would normally be better off casting spells like spirit guardians

Is subversion more cliche than playing to type these days?

why omit GOO warlocks?

Care to cite some rules for that? Because the rules for casting in the PHB allow bonus action spells to be cast on the same turn as cantrips (which Lighting Lure is), and Sage Advice confirms that bonus actions and actions that don't interfere with each other can be taken in either order.

If you do nothing interesting with the subversion, yes.

I have one. I have been instinctively clicking the box, maybe that's the problem.

But yeah, I just like to be in a place where I can flesh out the details and be a real character. D&D is very escapist for me. I just want to put in the effort because I know the DM puts in a ton and not everyone else will, so I want him to know he is appreciated

Anti-Spellcaster user from last thread, with an update to the cloud feature.

>Starting at 7th level, a Mage Breaker learns to craft specialized tools for battling spellcasters. When he takes a short rest, he creates a smokebomb, keeping as many as he has created and not used as he travels. He may, as a bonus action, throw one of these smokebombs, to release a cloud that obscures vision and stymies attempts to speak. This dust cloud is 2d10 feet across, and blocks all line of sight for anyone inside it. Additionally, attempting to speak while in this cloud will cause the speaker's mouth to be filled with dust, preventing them from speaking.

One of my players brought up "thieving robin hood undead molemen" as something they'd like to see in the game.

How do I skaven in 5e?

Sure!

Mechanically, teiflings have a bonus to the intelligence and charisma stats, so they make excellent bards, warlocks, sorcerers, and wizards, since those all use one of those stats as their primary attack stat. Teiflings also do very well in classes that use intelligence or charisma as secondary stats, such as Paladin, fighter, or rogue.

Aesthetically, teiflings are known as arcane spellcasters, the majority of which are wizards or sorcerers. Their underhanded nature also leads many down the path of the rogue.

I feel like Cleric, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, and Warlock all have good fluff synergy with Tieflings.

Did you read your own picture?
>before or after
>before
>or
>after

>except for a cantrip with a casting time of 1 action
So... Lighting Lure?

Make them disgusting

Kobalds with extra stuff? They already got the pack tactics and weakness to light.

Neither subverting a trope nor embracing it are inherently cliche.

Yeah, I caught it after posting. My mistake, you were correct user.

Gimme a few, I'll write something up.

Is this a question for a different thread?

You bump into Mearls as he's walking down the street and you both drop your phones. They're identical in appearance so you accidentally pick up his and it's open to his twitter account.
What do you do?

Have them only target the elf players who run too fucking far from the group

Steal his identity

Praise Donald Trump, thus ostracizing him from his coworkers and banning him from twitter for life.

Give his phone back to him

Nerf Moon Druids

Crit role was a mistake. But normalizing dnd for casuals is also pretty bad.

How far is it cut off? Is it just the hand, or the forearm, or the entire arm?

I like the mage hand idea, and I think it should be penalties to Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand, and Athletics maybe.

Why does it matter if a character is gay or not?

Nerf idiots who think moon is OP.

I like Kobold as a base template, maybe adding something like advantage on saves vs. fear while allies are in view to reflect Strength in Numbers from WFB?

nerf level 2 character with level 8 abilities

how do you guys deal with maps? I'm gonna be running lost mines of phandelvar soon, I'd like to have a map in the middle of the table for the players to see, but the ones in the book are tiny. Even if I printed them separately, they'd still only be printer paper size.

I'm considering just not using maps and trying to describe things, but I'm not sure how that would effect distances in combat, like spell ranges and such. Any advice?

But it is user, for at least the first 4-5 levels

nerf level 2 character with a massive, regenerating, healthpool, full casting, and unparelled role playing utility

My DM uses an LCD TV laid down face up.

What's a good one off for new players?

How many of you name your weapons?

How should epic spells work in 5e? Stuff like Hellball and Raise Island and stuff like that. Should they be 9th level spells you can't learn until you're 20th+ level? Or should they have their own mechanics / spell slots?

Yeah, and then falls flat after it's final powerboost at lv10

How do your druids learn about dinosaurs or more exotic creatures to wildshape into? It's easy for me to justify a brown bear, less so for an Anklyosaurus.

Ban Druid and ban wizard, 5e instantly becomes a WAYYY better game. True Story. Other casters can't cheat-code through the game nearly as easily.

no-one will bother because 20lvl play is to nieche

Books, bones, 'zoo', dreams/visions.

Bards and Paladins are now the best class in the game. Good luck having anyone pick anything else.

You know there are druids that aren't moon druids right?

That seems really doable, thank you

People pick other classes even when Wizards and Druids exist, sooo....

I'm trying to make a wizard for a one-shot (starting at level 14) who has zero damaging spells, only a few spells with obvious combat application, and lots of out of combat utility spells (with a few generally useless utility spells thrown in). The idea is that she's interested in just "pure" magic, much more than "applied" magic (ie anything genuinely useful).

What spells would you recommend for this shit? My DM is willing to allow homebrew if he approves it first, so feel free to recommend me some shitty homebrew spell that's weird.

You do realize that it invigorates the hobby to have new blood involved right?
And if your really that big of a "NORMIES REEE" faggot than go play another system, problem solved.

One of my characters is a pragmatic cross dresser and the other is a cat-girrrl who's in a thus-far monogamist relationship with the ship chaplain... She might have hate sex with the neckbeard in charge of the teleportarium.

Bards and Paladins are already the best classes in the game.

Androgynous girl who wants to prove herself a warrior equal to her father and earn his love. You decide!

Not very often because it encourages other to do the same, which usually ends up as edge or jokes. And I swear to god if I meet one more Barbarian with a club named "Diplomacy," I'm going to pop a vein.

I was thinking the forearm up, so I can wave my stump at people. I do like that flavor of drawback, Ile build upon it and present it to the GM.

They should run off of spell slot totals instead of making brand new slots. So an 10th level spell should use 10 levels worth of spell slots (maybe for balancing make it to where at least one of the slots has to be level 6 or higher), and a 15th level spell would use 15 levels (and maybe one slot has to be 9th level minimum).

Stop being a shitty dm.

>final powerboost

yeah sure, except for the quasi infinite healthpool at 20

I mean its always a bit humorous to have a character name their stuff. Like naming a whispering weapon "Pillow Talk" or naming their favorite gun "Millions" is always going to be humorous.

Do your characters want to name their stuff? Maybe they are cheeky and want to give everyone a good laugh every now and then or just appreciate a good weapon.

Lv20 is gonna be OP for anyone.
You're just butthurt that a caster is actually good as things.

>implying there are more than 15 levels.

Stop your anti-DnD vapid shitposting in a fucking DnD topic. Don't you have like every other topic on the board to spew your tryhard shitposting on?

I like naming my firearms after quotes from the bible & levels from DOOM
>Thy flesh consumed
>Harken unto me
>Sever the wicked
>Ignis and Sunder

Yes, I am very much butthurt that my party has become demoralized because they are low level and the moon druid is

A) far and away the superior tank. Its not even close. What the fuck is the barb supposed to do?

B) far and away the best at sneaking / scouting in terms of role playing, What the fuck is the rouge supposed to do

C) a completely competent healer

D) a full fledged caster

Why even have other classes. why not just have everyone be a moon druid since they can do it all

it was clearly not properly playtested, if at all

Are you gonna shit up every thread?
Was everyone telling you to fuck off once not enough?

It sounds like you have a problem with the player, rather than the class.
Have you tried telling them to take a back-seat every now and then?