twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for the gg

1st for Custodes

1st for Tau codex needs mad buffs

Your dudes>canon dudes

You faggot

>I2

Fuck yeah

>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edi

Mathhammer seems to be down, also quit not linking the old threads!

Death Guard Helbrute; what should I kit it out with? LasCannon Missile Launcher? They seem fragile compared to other DG options so giving it a melee weapon seems a bit hopeful.

How do you fight Magnus and his boys with pure Custodes?

FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

I put a twin las and missile launcher

need a mellee weapon on any dread equivalent

Custodes are the true champions.

Soon my army will be painted. Just have 3 more terminators to paint and 6 jetbikes.

That's right, mono Custodes. Who's with me?!?

I don't know if you're baiting but I run a 3K Mono Custodes list

Las/Missile or HBolters/Missile depending on what you're looking to kill with it. Being able to move and shoot without penalty is pretty good for helbrutes.

Best angels

It can move and fire without penalty, has a great assault profile and an 8 inch move despite being a footslogging dread.

What could possibly posess you to skimp out on a melee weapon? Flail and shooter, hop to it.

Hardly, dakka dreads are much better

Twin Las and Missile or Multimelta/Missile if you're on a budget

How old is this chart I love it!!

Did GW figure out that having 3 different box sets of "blue Space Marines VS green Space Marines" makes it look like your game has exactly two factions, both of which are basically the same or something?

There is nothing point efficient about giving it a missile launcher, and it's practically bred to smash things. Ignore every last moron who thinks las/missile is remotely justified.

Mob with Axe boyz and pray to dice

You really don't. They're too expensive and standard dreads don't have the defensive profile to get up close and expect anything good to happen.

Dakka dreads are great on a dakka dread platform. A helbrute is hardly that by any means.

Someone needs to rescue that baby tomb spider from the horrible necrons.

Not baiting. This is an older picture before painting began of em, I also have another 5 troops (2 sword and shield 3 spears) and the Forgeworld Galatus Dreadnought.

What do you find are the best units in the rulebook? I'm thinking clearly bikes but what would you bother bringing in a 2k point game?

Glad there's a fellow Custodes friend here.

My go to unit is Allarus with the Release the Lions Stratagem

It's cheap enough to be redundant. Just don't run one daemon engine or dread up and expect it not to soak all the fire.

techmarines can repair vehicles while embarked, correct?

More like bred to get shot in the face by melta/plasma and die like a bitch.

Melee weapons on helbrutes are just paying 40+ points to trick you into committing suicide.

I wonder when/if the next batch of Beta rules comes

I'm with you in spirit, but I want to wait for an actually flexible army rather than every unit filling exactly the same role only bikes are best at it.

I hate basing models.vis it a requirement for tournaments?

I run a pure dread army and you're a fucking idiot.

Yes, anti-tank weapons kill tanks. That's why you take enough to survive that and outplay your opponent on target priority.

Welp time to find a Machine Cult player to split this with.

We are talking about Death Guard Helbrutes here, not Loyalist dreads that do fuck all and die. These ignore heavy weapon rules and have Fire Frenzy stratagem so going Twin-Las/Missiles is the best choice.
The only clueless moron here is you.

. . . . Furioso/Death Company/Librarian Dreadnought.

Yes and hobby requirements for tournaments are getting raised everywhere also.

Depends
Get some basing paint, it makes it a lot easier.

So you don't even play Chaos, you play loyalists, and a loyalist meme army that chaos cant even replicate for that matter. We should care about your wrong opinion about a faction you don't even play why, exactly?

Just grab some agrellan badland and call it a day.

Some of us want to get the most out of our dreads without having 8 redundant dudes to make up for our shortcomings.

Twin lascannon, power scourge, babysit some havocs to block anything that tries to come at them.

Has there been anything about Kroot in the Tau leaks or have they just been removed?

I see bases as a game aid. I am looking for colored bands to mark separate poxwalker units and i am going to use magnets and tin marks to identify plague marine units.

I dunno, read the leaks.

>These ignore heavy weapon rules

And have an 8 inch move and 3 bonus attacks.

Yes you could waste everyone's time by mounting one and a half ranged weapon mounts (which is what you're doing, any weapon Devastators and dreads share has to be twinned on the dread to fully use the mounting point), but then you're ignoring half the units potential.

You want a twin gunner you take a forge world chaos dread.

the aux aren't that important (or noticeable) compared to suits. i suspect they'll be mentioned last if at all

Eldar Rangers are out of stock on the GW webstore, out of stock on Amazon, and the ones on Ebay are expensive as shit. What do??

Seems like they are unchanged, except for the shaper which apparently lost the pulse carbine for some reason. With the decrease in FW cost I doubt many people will take them.

Order them in at a GW

It can look acceptable if- and only if- the model itself is well painted. If you're mediocre or worse then you need to base it to avoid looking like the kind of scrub who can't be bothered painting his models because he only cares about tournaments.

Wicked strategem!
If you charge something with Kroot Hounds, you can reroll charges to that unit with Kroot Warriors! Crazy isn't?!

Just what everyone wanted

take AoS elves, give them guns, replace heads and you're good to go

kys?

Or chinacast, which is close to the same with the amount of free cancer that comes with it.

>Why should I care about what a guy who breathes Dreadnoughts thinks about a dreadnought?

I'm surprised you can breathe with that compressed a brain.

>Twin lascannon, power scourge

This man knows how to make full use of his Helbrute.

Same thing everyone does, buy a box of glade guard and deck them out with all your spare bits.

What is bitzing them out of AOS/warhammer elf dudes, guardian heads, scratch building rifles out of normal shurican guns and exta bits, and extra bits to taste for 400 bob?

Okay, and? Painted and based models are a basic requirement if you intend to play at anything remotely resembling an organized event and if you do anything that significantly changes the footprint of a base that is not going to be allowed at a tournament.

>Chaos can't replicate dread spam

They can do it -better-. You have the FW dreads, daemon engines both regular and FW and whilst there's no engine or dread HQ, daemon princes as a standin.

Walkers out the wazoo.

Ah well fuck it. Casual play it is

I appreciate you guys arguing over my question.
I guess I could add some input on my list to see if that'd help the Helbrute layout situation. I play on picking up one or two Crawlers, and I'd like to run 2 or three Foetid Drones because they're neat looking. I haven't decided on an ally detachment yet; was thinking either Bikes with CSM or Epidemius from demons.
New player, so even the argument helps me understand the helbrute's situation more.

So far your entire tactic has been "CCW, and take multples". Which is really shitty advice for an army that only has room (or want) for one.

Which is why we aren't going to agree with you immediately just because you run a meme army that's completely removed from a dread's use in a normal game.

I'm and I'd be tempted to go 2x ranged if it weren't for the fact that my meta is so deep-strike heavy and my marines/havocs need something to intercept the inevitable charge.

>Run an army based on forgeworld
Bad advice.

The answer will be entirely dependent on what you want that dread to do. If you don't envisage it getting stuck into the enemy army then obviously a melee weapon is fucking useless. If you do intend on running a melee brute, you'll need a plan to make sure it gets there and stays alive.

That's really about it.

Just drybrush the bases and glue the model on after. Sub assemblies require a little forethought but they are definitely your friend when it comes to basing well.

Is an archon supposed to be as good in hand to hand fighting as a succubus?

What the hell is the point of an archon if not assault? Just a general well rounded HQ?

For the FW blob guys, looking over things considering they got 1ppm cheaper.
Borkan+AP Warlord trait
The trait makes things within 6'' on a wound roll 6+ improve AP by 1. So good for volume of fire.
Your FW have range 36'', add pad and it is up to 42''.

Volley fire now lets each shoot 3 rounds at 21'' mark!
If you pop the strat from today, your FW will gain AP-1 on a 5+ to wound instead due to +1 to wound. And with Str 5 wounding up to T9 on a 4+. As well as wounding T4 on a 2+.

So for dudes with loadsa fire warriors, you might have some fun.

>I'm not so great at painting yellow

You have the redundancy to pull off a shoot+melee brute. Plenty of daemon engine saturation running up the field.

Las and missile is adequate but dull, and only uses the move and shoot benefit if line of sight is broken.

In all honesty it's an okay build due to you not having a Mortis dread that can just go quad las... Take what you can get. But "ranged is always better" is kind of a meme more than sound advice.

>Run an army based on forgeworld
>Bad advice.

People who hate forge world enough to not play against it are vanishingly rare outside of a few internet loudmouths.

Alternatively. T'au so your fire warrior blobs overwatch hits twice as much

And if you like camping, Dalyth so your immobile fire warriors have a permanent Sv3+.
Unless you face IF of course... Maybe IF and IW have it better than they first thought

Have you considered a prince?

>Character, so not targetable
>Great buff aura
>Good damage output
>Disgusting resilience
>Psyker

I feel like the only reason to take intercessors over hellblasters is because they give you more strategy points. (Also i think they are 10 to a box while HB's are 5 to a box)

Why do people hate forgeworld?

How many points do barebone 2x company commanders + 3x10 guardsmen battalion cost? Can't access the codex right now, sorry.

Don't you mean Mundus Planus?

>Why do people hate forge world?

Mostly old prejudice. To be fair though they do have the current legit criticism of being a small, overworked team that has to rush a lot of it's releases.

I play a bunch of tournaments, and the ones here are moving toward transparent bases being worth maximum points.

Yeah I'm working on a prince as my HQ choice.
So far I've got;
Demon Prince, HQ choices from Dark Imperium
Helbrute kit unbuilt, 2 Foetid Drones, 1 Hauler
15 marines (4 built as Plasma, 4 built as Launchers), 20 Cultists (working on converting some guardsmen for more), 20 Pox Walkers, 5 Posessed, and a Rhino.

For now it's mostly just been a fun modeling and painting project, so I haven't exactly made a list or lists yet.

*blocks your path*

*throws some trinkets at him*

I'm thinking T'au battalion/brigade depending on size of game with Farsight leading a Vanguard detachment of FSE.

The FSE stuff appeals to me tremendously, but Longstrike and Darkstrider are both T’au Sept.

>transparent bases

We all knew WAACfags were the heught of cancer, but this is too far. Have they no pride?

Yup gonna get it.

Seeing the lack of Anti-armor on the necron side I am reall wondering of the Necron Dex rewrites them completely...

da emprah's loyalest angel boys

Archons are supposed to be tougher than Succubi but worse in CC. In every editiom they have just been a tax required in order to build an Army, and still are. Even Succubi would rather just be another unit or dark lance.

The fuck do you use the FSE trait for?

>yfw Necrons are back to vehicle spanker extraordinaires

You have to admit, some of the units are pretty bent, and a lot of the people who play forgeworld cherrypick those units.

Getting in nice and close, then unleashing max firepower with rerolls to wound.

My kind of Tau.

lol cloud you imagine s6 ap -2 d2 gauss flayers

You're Tau
Within 6'' is terrible, you can't ds into that range either. Sans Beacon that is

many years ago, their models were really expensive, they didnt have much in the way of directions in how to build them and the rules were utterly broken. nowadays, their models are still expensive, they actually have directions on how to build their shit, and the rules are mostly better. But their shits still incredibly if you are buying and shipping it from the US or AU. Model quality overall though is much better for the most part.

-Res orb should give the 4+ res roll 6"
-Crypteks should be able to repair canoptek units.
-gauss wounds everything on 6+
Pls and ty.
MFW

Gauss does wound everything on a 6+, the problem is that so does everything else. A mortal instead on a 6 is what they should have.

What's the best kabal?

Everything wounds on 6+ already?
Could always have it so it mortal wounds vehicles on a 6+ instead

The one that is purple because Dark eldar look cool in purple.

The Sky Serpents. Best drugs, gest guns, and covered in bitches all day erry day.

Yours. Mine. All of ours.