Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Top Hat Edition

Previous Fight: Please don't stop shitting up the thread with unnecessary shit dawg. Shits cool man. Cool.
Do respond to bait, hide, report, and party on dudes (And dudettes) (And transdudettes) (And Gyrocopter Identifying Individuals)

>A Homeless hobo's guide to the mortal realms
youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

>Malign Portents: Who created this shit and why?
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co

>Resources
pastebin.com/YLikTing

> Core rules. All four pages of em
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handjob 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSqTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGR0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legions of Skeletor
mega.nz/#!L54kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni6Z0EQBfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Piss
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNkDbEhjFeL31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband builder
warhammer-community.com/warscrollbuilder/

>City Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolusBelovedEmperorpenguin
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>fucking up with the OP general because you want to be a faffin carrotlord
Wow.

How do my lava bases look guys, they're just a rough draft right now. I may try and sell this batch and try again.

Can we fix the OP next time? Resources just leads to Pathfinder stuff again.

Looks like crackle paint on yellow and red base coat.
So very good.

Nah, it's funnier this way.

I'm so sorry about the OP, I did not check it when I copy and pasted it.

Soon

Correct Links and OP here let this thread die

So, any conversion ideas in the works, anons? I remember we did have one guy chopping up a Mortis Engine for his Nighthaunt army. Any progress reports, spookboi?

>sigmar simply brushed aside her advances
>wanting the BWC of sigmar
>wanting the BBC of Nagash
>having To settle for giant tentacle monster instead
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Morathi truly and utterly BTFO, how fucking pathetic

Even the tentacle monster eventually gets bored of the thot and tries to eat her.

No-one cares about your bitch-tears, user.

I dig em

Silly Fyreslayer, you don't dig!

If Morathi is such a STRONK WOMYN then why does she need to flirt with Gods to get anywhere? I realize she's trying to gather power now, but if she's still sucking up to Malekith/Malerion, then she seems like a major failure of a faction leader

Well they're still dwarfs...they just go HARDCORE and dig in magma instead of normal rock.

So, which of the 4 cults are you going and why?

...And fuck them for making the Doomfire Warlock battalion require 4 separate units of harpies.

So is this some kinda stalker thing now? Like she's stalking Sigmar simply because he was the first one to not be interested in her, and by proxy her covens ally with Order because of her obsession?

No they jump in the pile and get gay. Why else to they only wear loincloths?

BEARDS IN BELTS

Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- General
- Trait: Lord of Nagashizzar
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Ossific Diadem
Necromancer (110)
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Wight Blades & Crypt Shields
5 x Black Knights (120)
1 x Corpse Cart (80)

Total: 980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 81

Is there any reason I should run a wight king over a vampire lord in this list? They literally do the exact same thing, but the vampire is a better fighter and is a wizard

Yes, you run the Wight King because he's Deathrattle which gives him more attacks thanks to Nigshizzle as well as the added protection of the Bone Crown. 3+ save instead of 4+, 8 attacks instead of 6. The vampire can heal, but one of his healing abilities requires you put him into the thick of things and the other is once-per-game.

But really, you do it because it's a badass model and fluffy.

Oh, and the real thing that makes the Vampire Lord attractive over the Wight King imo is the fact he gets to pick 3 units for DI instead of 2. Magic's cool and all, but the ability to hit everything in your army with DI is pretty sweet.

I’m curious what Malekith thinks of mommy.

And are the corpse cart and knights better than morghast?

Try giving them a gray drybrush and I think you'll have something special.

Maybe instead of smooth crackle paint, use the lumpy kind with the microbeads?

Okay so I'm confused. The cauldron guard war-scroll battalion for DoK includes one "Hag Queen, 2 units of Witch Aelves, and 2 units of Khinerai Lifetakers" But under the Hag Narr special rules it says that this battalion can take an "additional cauldron of blood" ???? But there is no cauldron of blood to begin with in the formation? And there is no unit just called "Cauldron of Blood". There's Hag Queen or Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood. Am I just retarded or what?

wheres the legs for that model come from???

I prefer them, but I also just never liked the look of the Morghast sculpts. I'm probably in a minority, but I just loathe the fuckers.

Am I just retarded or what?

We're all a little retarded, user.

In this case, the 'Cauldron of Blood' part is bolded, and so I think that, like the battalions that say you can take 'KHINERAI HARPIES', it means you can take one of the units that have that term as one of its keywords.

Okay thank you. I was wondering what those bold unit names meant. But for the Additional cauldron of blood do they mean one with a hag queen on it? Or can it be the slaughter queen too?

Which non-mounted vampire lord model is best?

I need one and can't decide if I should go with the winged guy or this bad-ass sunnuvabitch

Definitely Flappy Bird.

Either a Hag Queen on a Cauldron of Blood, or a Slaughter Queen on a Cauldron of Blood. Whichever you want.

I'm tired of shitty new OP, I will rebel by posting the good version

>A Traveller's Guide to the Mortal Realms

>Malign Portents: Behind the Scenes

>Resources
pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

> Core rules

>General's Handbook 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legions of Nagash
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Portents
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband builder
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>City Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

>not giving shit silly names
ur a fag

B)

Good job user for fucking up pastebins, do people seriously think they are funny with this?

I would say no. Knights are sorta piddly and the Corpse Cart is a support unit. In 1000pts you need more damage, not support. You already have a ton of it.

Take a Vampire in 1000+, I'd say. He's a good beatstick/caster and he's decently durable. You mostly want him for the +3 Invocation though. He also can take Vile Transference, which is the only way to heal Morghast.

Lighting is bad, but there's actually a light grey drybrush on there already. I wasn't aware they made microbead crackle? I also considered brushing Astrogranite over the top of the crackle, but I was worried that'd clog the cracks.

I can’t fit Borge the vampire AND the morghast. I gotta pick and choose at 1K

You're right, but no one is stopping you from doing both. Basically all you need for Bonezone in 1000pts is two necromancers and a brick of 40 skeletons. Everything else is gravy.

Battleline tho. 10 skeles isn’t as good as 10 GG to fill the second slot.

You can either add more skellies, graveguard, or dire wolves. They're all great choices. Personally I'd go for the wolves so you have something a bit mobile.

Then what’s the point of going bone zone if I only have one Deathrattle unit?

Bonezone is an idea, a belief that bones conquer all. The real bonezone was in (around) your heart all along.

That being said, 1000pts is hella limiting. I understand wanting to take multiples, though. You do you, user. Just don't try and single yourself out to one idea just for the meme. For instance, you can easily fit 80 skeletons in an 1000pts list. That doesn't mean you should.

Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash
Vampire Lord (140)
- General
Necromancer (110)
Necromancer (110)
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Blades
10 x Dire Wolves (120)
2 x Morghast Harbingers (220)
- Spirit Swords

Total: 980 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 87

There’s good units in here, but at this point why even run grand host?

+1 attack on the morghast and a free regeneration is a pretty neat idea. You could pick Legion of Night to make your dudes re-roll in your territory, and have the Morghast/Puppies teleport behind your enemy and go 'nothing personnel kid'

Experiment. See what YOU like. Don't go for the same cookie cutter bonezone list all of the time.

How scary is a Dispossessed hoard?

Not very. Their only good units are Ironbreakers and Irondrakes. Everything else is meh, mostly.

ANd why no DoK link?

Are you allowed to take both Icons and Banners in a unit?

Tried to make Legion of Blood work. How's it look? Based on fucking with bravery and hitting hard and fast.

Allegiance: Legion of Blood
Vampire Lord (140)
- General
- Mount: Nightmare
- Trait: Aura of Dark Majesty
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
Tomb Banshee (80)
Tomb Banshee (80)
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
Terrorgheist (300)

Total: 980 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 62

Question; If I took the big spinny thing off the hurricanum and replaced it with one of the ships from dreadfleet and adorned it with all manner of celestial decoration would it still be decently recognisable for what it's meant to be?

Savage orc boys I’m working on, first time painting and im pretty happy with them so far, I haven 11 done already and these are the remaining 9

Nice. I've always wanted to see a non-meme Bonesplitterz force.

Hey /aosg/ can a Slaughter Queen use her command ability on herself?

As long as the keywords match, yes.

Wow. That’s pretty good for 100pts then.

it is the red dude out of the space elf triumvirate

If I want to start Wanderers do I need to dig through the old wood elf book or is there a faction specific book I haven't seen advertised?

GHB2017 has all of your stuff, points cost and allegiance abilities.

Interesting idea. Do you want to replace the whole planet thing? Or just the globe in the middle?

Thanks mate

All the unit rules are online and a page of lore can be found in the Grand Alliance Order book
Wanderers don't have their own book since they are a fucking useless army that only salty WHFB players and braindead idiots play.
Save your money and instead buy Sylvaneth, they are actually supported in the future going forward.

Yes

The whole thing; the ships are actually fairly big. If anything I'm worried it will protrude too far forward to properly put a wizard at the front.

For context, mine is a port-city themed freeguild army.

>mfw everyone is talking about new death rules and Daughters of Khaine releases and I am just here trying to find a way to enjoy my Dispossessed.

Morathi originally wanted to split Ulgu's thirteen kingdoms between herself and Malerion, he said no and instead gave her the worst plot of land.

Dispossessed are fine, but you gotta start the conversation my dude. I did a shit ton of Dispossessed research a little bit ago, so if you want some ideas, hit me up fampai

Phil Kelly says that they have a twisted love and hate relationship. Malerion though disdains Morathi because she is a mere demigod while he is a god, and she is jealous of his godhood. This has put a strain on their relationship.

Why the fuck are all the top tiers armies the ones that ruin the cycle the most, and all round for no good reason the only things that antagonize the best god the most, so really being the only things he doesn't like

Because Nurgle is a bad guy and isn't supposed to win (again)

Hello friends, Im going to start AoS. Im going to bring over my ogres from WHFB and was wondering what spot they are in now?

Also, would it best to start another army if they are shit. Was thinking something like dispossessd. Nurgle and stormcast shitters must be stoned to death

Gutbusters are the Ogre faction now. You don't have a book or allegiance ability, but you're actually not that bad. Very meaty and hit hard as hell, if you can make it into combat.

You'll have to run Grand Alliance: Destruction, but that also means you can slap any other Orc/Gobbo/Ogre into the army that you like.

How could I go about converting my Ghoul King into a Vampire Lord?

Honestly, the Ghoul King is a Vampire already. You did know that, right?

What did you find out?

>The BBC of Nagash
Are you trying to insinuate that ancient egyptians were nubian and not a dead ethnicity that's hard to put in exact comparison to shit

yeah I know, its just that most people probably aren't going to look at a Ghoul King and think "oh thats a vampire lord" without at least some minor conversion

the Beastclaw ogres are now it's own faction if you own them, with them being middle teir right now, not shit while not great

>Not Big Boney Cock

The long and short of it is that you're basically an army entirely of anvils. Your one trick is the Ancestral Pickaxe, and it's not even that unique. Your top three units are Irondrakes, Ironbreakers, and Hammerers. Runelords are very good, too. At the end of the day, the Dispossessed Allegiance doesn't do enough to warrant taking, in my opinion.

So Dwarfs need something mobile, and they need something with a bit more pizazz to it. So the best option is Grand Alliance: Dwarf. Fyreslayers, Kharadron, Ironweld, and Dispossessed all in the same list. It's thematic, it's Dwarfy, and it might actually win more than Dispossessed will.

Is it mandatory if you're going to add any kharadrons to have a frigate and lord ordinator (even if it's a dwarfy conversion) as that seems like a must have to me

Lord Ordinator is nearly mandatory for any army with any War Machines in it at all, and if you're taking Ironweld with KO, and you should, you're gonna want him. Frigates and Ironclads are the best two ships. And it's not hard to convert a shiny dwarf with two hammers that looks important.

>Nurgle is a bad guy
All Nurgle spreads is love and happiness, how is he a bad guy
Also seriously they could of had some rando be top teir but since it's Tzeentch, Death/Nagash, and SCE as the highest teir armies other than soup which are the only forces Nurgle disdains, It's confusing

there would have to be some stormcast that's Dwarf size right seeing as if females look substantially different to males wouldn't a dwarf stormcast look like well a dwarf

Yeah, that's always been weird to me. I don't think Sigmar is a racist. Dwarfs could be Stormcast, I reckon.

I'm actually thinking of converting my own Knight of Shrouds, too. Going with a Sister of Silence with greatsword, as the base, and wanting to make her I not a Dullahan. Blanket man is just lame. But his rules are neat.

*to make her a Dullahan

Phone posting folks.

It's been outright stated Dwarves, Elves and even orks have become Stormcast, now the question is do they still look that of their race or are they morphed into looking more human and if that's the case why do Angrad and the assasain one look so different to the rest
Also I really like the look of the Knight of Shorouds but only in person, he looks so much better when you realise he's a pretty big model (and on a bloodbowl base for some reason)

Public Service Announcement: DRAKE IS STILL WINNING. Why?

All I want to know is why didn't kill everybody win last time
But that said isn't drake this week "blood for the blood god" and eye is "Skulls for the skull throne"

No, the red mist is probably Undead related, not Khorne related. And how the fuck is "Calm this shit down" Skull for the Skull Throne?

>BBC
>clearly meant Big Boney Cock when I wrote that
Holy shit I thought we had established this in multiple previous threads

For Khaine!

>the chad Malerion
>the Virgin Morathi
He hates her and still blames her for fucking over the elves in the world that was. Now he’s fully in control of Ulgu, undoubtedly stronger than her and doesn’t need her power behind the throne, and pretty much holds her in contemp and only brings her around when it’s convenient for him. She wanted to split ulgu into and time as equals and Malekith laughed at her and gave her a tiny shitty piece of land that he likely expected her to go insane in. Morathi is eternally assblasted that he is a proper god and that the other gods like Sigmar and Teclis actually respect him but think she’s a lying whore that can’t be trusted.

So how will the choices of Malign Portents affect the future of Age of Sigmar?
Is there still going to be a spooky moon and Eed Mist afterwards this is all over?

thank you, user
this general gets shittier every fucking day

Well the cities stuck around, so maybe.

How would that have gone if Order lost?