/swg/ - Star Wars General

Lucas Did Nothing Wrong edition

Previous: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

--- Latest News ---

> fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/cracking-the-metagame/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/23/racing-into-action/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/blizzard-assault/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/the-rebellion-is-born/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/20/the-duels-in-portland/

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_of_Mandalore
youtu.be/3nSpDEFO3tY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Apparently though some hybrids take a little bit too much after the Miraluka parent and you can get tiny, shriveled eyeballs and optic nerves inside normal-sized eye sockets.

Ezra is literally the most important person in the canon. Prove me wrong.

>first three posts are about cartoons
And we're off to a great start already, boys!

So, how about them tabletop games?

Why, what he do?

>posts about Star wars are getting deleted in my Star wars thread
Wha-whats happening all of a sudden?

where are the guns?

Someone mentioned Disneywars and MaRey Sue and people over-reacted about /pol/ being on Veeky Forums.

Jedilay, based sheathipede

>Hating Disneywars is /pol/ now
Why do I even come here anymore

What if I like R1 & TFA somewhat and just hate TLJ? Does that make me /pol/?

(you)

Does this mean "Imperial Support Vessel" is it's actual name, and Dreadnought is retired?

It's because the Disney puppet put in charge of the franchise, Kathleen Kennedy, uses her position and the franchise itself to push her warped SJW/Feminist agenda by going on record saying things like "The Force is female!" and "Star Wars doesn't need to reach a male audience" and other such heavily politically-loaded statements that people don't want to talk about. Either the anons realized this themselves and deleted their messages, or they were reported. Either way, spoiler'ing this to keep my own impact to a minimum.

How much of a meme would it be to fly Rey Falcon + Kanaan VCX-100? Don't know what upgrades yet

Oh hey. its a !Notnaught

To the user who asked last thread about the Legion plastic, I've heard multiple people say it's similar to Privateer Press.

It's not bad. You will have to sacrifice a but on each ship though.

>getting a friend into X-Wing
>says he wants to play imps
>plays nothing but Rey+Finn Falcon when he comes over

Would you buy your core set and your kylos already you goddamn weeb

It still looks like a giant flying penis, so I'm cool with it

>noob
>playing meta list

wait till he finds out about Fenn + kanan

KEK MY FRANCHISE INTO PIECES

who has the season finale up, I couldn't find it with a quick look

*flies away on my sithocopter*

>suu laquawne and her first husband fuck
>they make twi'leks with vitiligo and nub tails
>kanan and hera fuck
>they make a horrifying anime baby named after Space Carlos that doesn't exist anymore

Don't tell me that's how Thrawn dies. I don't want his legacy to be one of tentacle rape.

>dies
Him and Ezra were thrown into Hyperspace shenanigans.
And the series ending scene is a WUT IF EZRA STILL ALIVE??????????? plus canonizing that retarded Nik Sant thing, Hera's horrifying mutt baby, and Ahsoka turning into Gandalf The Orange

Wait so after all this shit Ashoka is still alive and/or hasn't been swallowed by a time paradox or something?

Yep.

What.

Please... not like this...

For the sake of levity I'm just putting the wikipedia synopsis for the finale.
Thanks to the Rebel Alliance's victory at the Battle of Endor, the feared Imperial counterattack on Lothal never comes, and the Ghost crew go their separate ways. Zeb takes Kallus to Lira San to show him that he didn't truly exterminate all of the Lasat species, and that he is welcomed there as one of them. Hera and Rex continued to fight with the Rebel Alliance, and it is revealed Hera gave birth to her and Kanan's son, Jacen Syndulla. Sabine decides to team up with Ahsoka Tano to go search for Ezra, leaving behind a mural on Lothal depicting the Ghost crew.

Also Rukh and Gregor die, Ezra summons SPAAAAAAACE WHAAAALES to throw himself and Thrawn through hyperspace.

literally 40k tier writing

Just fuck my franchise up. Holy shit.

so were the fuck is she for the OT? the fuck.

...Oh my god she's Revan
>"Dies" only to be bought back
>Instrumental part of the opposition of an Empire, and one of it's most important founding members
>Not aligned properly to either Jedi or Sith
>Fucks off to parts unknown after her arc is done

Is there something in there about Ashoka and Mandos as well?

>is there something in there about ahsoka and mandos as well
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_of_Mandalore

Gotta blast

Now I love orange buttcheeks as much as the next user, but Ashoka's arc was finished. She unveiled who Vader was and died fighting her Master, all that good shit. (Speaking of, shouldn't she have told literally everyone that Vader was Anakin? That seems to be some kind of secret when the existence of Ashoka means it really shouldn't be.)
But if we're going to use time travel to retcon the fate of someone from clone wars, could we have Ventress back? She deserved better than Vos and a better ending than what she got, and her anti-hero/anti-villain shenanigans in the GCW seem like they could be a super fun time.

So what's the point of her final confontation with Vader, if they're just gonna bring her back? Holy shit, this whole arc was pointless.

>Everything goes to shit while fighting Mandos acting as a catalyst for a change in her as a person
Hot damn, she is Revan. Are we sure Ashoka didn't also gather a wacky crew of misfits to go save the galaxy with?
... Wait a second...

to be fair it's more like said crew of misfits found her, so that's a slight difference
SUBVERSION~

>if they're just gonna bring her back
To be fair they never confirmed her death in the first place.
That said 'she fucked off and licked her wounds and somehow magiced up a functioning ship' would be less bullshit than the literal actual time travel that occurred

Jesus Christ, the business end of Filloni's crack pipe must be red hot

It's almost like Mouse Wars sucks or something.

Unless those were in Clone Wars, is this more of Canon shamelessly refusing to innovate and copying Legends?

>shamelessly refusing to innovate
Using a ship that already exists to fill a purpose isn't on the same tier of "ties and xwings but black" by any stretch, in fairness.

To be fair if canon just functions as a "best of" compilation of Legends I'd be fine with it.
Legends has 40 years of bloat, removing it with the intention of salvaging the good stuff and leaving Sheev Clones or what have you by the way side seems like a fine endeavour to me.

It would help if NuCanon wasn't really shit, but I can appreciate the intent at least.

To me, Canon shouldn't be allowed to copy from Legends.

They have all of this new design space. What's stopping them from innovating and creating their own stuff?

A lack of creativity?

What is the most cancerous K-wing combination?

Don't forget Pellaeon makes one off-screen comm message before apparently getting killed by space whales in high orbit.

>killed

The whales were already in the city, he's fine

He was part of the blockade and had his message abruptly cut short.
A communications disruption could mean only one thing: collision.

Do you think Kallus exclusively bottoms for _Zeb or do they switch off?

>those fucking Rebels spoilers

God how did Disney manage to out retard the worst of the old EU in four years?

Does anyone have a scan of Ghosts of Dathomir and/or Dawn of Rebellion?

having watched neither, it's been fun observing Filonifans turn on him

It really isn't, this is just the same "nature versus technology" thing that has been part of star wars since a new hope.

Rian needs to bring back the Vong, that way nature are the bad guys and technology are the good guys. It would subvert all our expectations, and the theme of SW as a whole.
Do it Rian. Make my dreams come true, put the Vong on the big screen for Episodes X-XIII

>nature versus technology
>a new hope
wasn't that about droids, technical data and space ships

in one episode

The death star is the ultimate manifestation of technological might, and it is destroyed through nature. youtu.be/3nSpDEFO3tY

The theme was made much more overt in return of the jedi.

it's destroyed by an organic gluten free proton torpedo

The torpedo is not the import element in the equation here, it was the force.

A cut scene mentions that X-Wings are emission free vehicles.

Actually the Battlestation was designed to be flawed so the Force's impact on that event looses some of it's grandeur.

Even then a technological approach to the problem was not able to do it (that's impossible, even for a computer)

No, just the rebels design notes tend to be more focused on roles than names. Quasar Fire was called "Imperial Light Carrier" but pretty sure they confirmed in other media "Quasar Fire" still applies. Or at least LFL let FFG print Quasar Fire I and II

it wasn't impossible

also the message would be mysticism vs technology, not nature vs technology

It was named the "Imperial Light Carrier Expansion Pack", though

so why did the last bit of the final rebels episode look so bad. The shot of Sabine at the balcony looked like something out of TCW story reels

Does this mean that Filloni's new show will be Ashoka and Sabine searching for Ezra in that funky red spaceship

Is that meant to be a human Twi'lek Hybrid? I would expect it to look more twi'lek

The viewports on thrawn's star destroyer were destroyed before the jump to hyperspace (from inside a gravity well, does that restriction not work anymore?), they dead senpai

and Why does Imperial Officer armour look so good

You seem to have the same problem people over on /co/ have with Yoda or Ahsoka.

Not every line a character speaks is absolute truth. A single inexperienced pilot says that, but if it was impossible even for a computer they wouldn't have send the fighters and stayed on the planet staring at the screen. It was possible to do. Even imperials disagree with Wedge, the danger is real enough to advice Moff Tarkin to evacuate, which sounds like a very drastic step, considering that the battle is happening outisde the station.

remind me the 'nature versus technology' present in using replicatable time travel to bring back your waifu for the third time they should have been killed again?
show me where that angle sits in?

Bomblet, TLT, Harpoon, C3p0, lrs.

Fly along Lowhrick and Fenn.

simple

Vader was trying to use technology to kill Ahsoka

Ezra used feels and nature to save her

It's because Thrawn's wearing it. That man could make a bucket look good.
Or maybe I just have a thing for Chiss, who knows?

Chiss are cute.

>we never got the rex cody episode
It's literally the only thing I wanted from this shitheap ever since they brought his maori ass back.
It's not fair lads.

I think you just have a thing for Chiss, Pryce was also wearing it this season

also it annoys me that all the Opressors this season were carrying the orange cargo containers, surely if you weren't doing cargo transfers you wouldn't carry cargo around

... Doesn't look anywhere near as good as Thrawn to me, I have a thing for Chiss, confirmed.

I wanted it too, user. I wanted Rex to have to come face to face with ANY named clone that became a Stormie.
But then, I'd also rather Rex had taken the place of Zeb on the crew from the start, he's the tough soldier guy and means you've got a torch bearer from TCW to begin with. Plus more Kanaan/clone interaction because you've got 4 seasons to address that conflict.

Oh I was talking about whales saving the day.

Not that. That is an entirely different can of worms.

Eh, Pryce is pretty cute when she's not grossly incompetent.

Big honking Imperial tiddies.

Her whole character become pointless because someone refuse to let her go.

Hating on TLJ should be a bannable offense. How /tv/ can shit on TLJ but defend actual garbage like the PT really bothers me fundamentally. How is it possible to be that contrarian?

That's really low effort man, do you honestly think so lowly of the good anons here that they'd bite something this obvious?

I don't like that disliking TLJ makes you literally Hitler here. I wish people would be open minded and not try to gang-lynch me whenever I say I didn't like it. It's just a film...

We're not on /tv/ though...

have your (you)

Somebody get this hothead outta here!

And then you samefag this shit to try and get both sides on board?
Lurk more, user. You can do better than this I know it - you gotta be stealthy in bait, try and strike right on Poe's Law, and slide it into a conversation when it's somewhat relevant, not just start out trying to get people riled up, it's showing your hand to early and it's really overt.

If I have Kanan Jarrus on one ship and Inspiring Recruit on another, assuming they're both in range, will their effects chain or do they both need to be on the same ship?

The prequels at lease expanded the universe with diverse new worlds and species all the tech is basically rehashed too

the new locations are just not! PT/ST location #4 or Canto blight, which had alot of promise but terrible execution.

go on, name one new species from the ST, they're all forgettable or just not named

I actually don't mind quite alot of disney canon, it's just most of it is a decent idea terribly executed

god damnit user we went so long without anyone taking the bait

I enjoy new canon aside from the ST.

It's fun.

That said, now that Rebels is over I can know what characters to drop into my ESB campaign

I find it weird that so many Armarda shills also happen to be Rian Johnson's harassment force and are so militant about their views insisting that everyone else must submit. It's quite bizarre and I find it scary that such behaviour is so rampant within the community

Ok, so I am building a Lannik Guardian Armorer and was wondering what you guys thought of these two difference stat blocks:

Br 3, Ag 2, Int 3, Cun 2, Wil 3, Pr 2
or
Br 4, Ag 1, Int 3, Cun 2, Wil 3, Pr 2

The first leaves me with 20xp to mess around with but starts out with lower wounds (11) and soak and a little lower combat stat but a bit more even overall. The second obviously gives me a good combat stat, more wounds and soak but if I am stuck doing anything Agility related I'm pretty fucked. I dont have any Agility skills on my list so I could probably get away with it but I was wondering what you guys thought?

what are your campaign plans, and what side will the players be on?

>TFW can't get a group together for TTRPGs so I currently live through other players stories

Okay come on dude, now you just qualify as a spammer, nobody's biting, come back later.

Tell us honestly, user: Why do you want people to start that fight? You've got a dozen threads worth and the same arguments are going to go over and over again, nothing new will be said. There's no enjoyment in trolling people like that, you've gotta troll them for fresh arguments to generate laughs people get from seeing things devolve like that.

Players are Rebels aligned.

Currently on an Indiana Jones quest to find the ancient artifact before the Inquisitor. So dropping Ahsoka is possible