Brewin?
Playin?
Bitchin?

What beats a 5/6 for "0"?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bloodbraid-pyromancer-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bg-golgari-zombies/
magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/mtgochamp17/modern-decklists-2018-03-02
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/reconstructed/no-rares-all-modern-combo-2015-10-19
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text= ["Devoid"]&special=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How can I play zombies and be somehow competitive? Not tier1, but winning some games would be fine.

Bonus: how can I do it the only creatures I use are zombies?

>Brewin
I think this has potential, just for the fact I'm combining an existent shell with a really strong, previously banned card.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bloodbraid-pyromancer-1/

I have no idea what I'm doing though, especially with the lands, I'd rather just put 4 Mana Confluences and call it a day by this point.
I just know I want to cascade into sweet 2 and 3 drops

No idea of how you could make this list competitive, looks fun to play though
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bg-golgari-zombies/

Doomblade

Getting into E-tron
What should I get first x4 Chalice or x2 Karn
And why

You don't

Golgari combo with Devoted Druid and Quillspike worked really well for me in the past.

What beats a flying, vigilance, first strike, lifelink, reach 12/10 for 1?

>playing karn in e-tron

jesus man, it's 2018 already.
absolutely 4 chalices, 0 karns.

What deck should I play if I want to make friends at my LGS?

Please elaborate

And if no Karns, that leaves me with $150 budget and 2 slots, what do I get ? (Think totally classic e-tron list)

chalice is one of the most i win cards in modern, the reason other dekc sdont play it is because they can't afford to not play 1 or 2 cmc cards. but you are a midrange colorless deck, so there's no good 1cmc so you can play chalice. chalice auto wins some matchups like storm or burn and even against some other decks, because you play tron lands, you can chalice for 3 or 4cmc.

karns dont benefit from temples and etron cant assemble tron reliably turn 3 or 4, and karn is significantly worse after that. nobody is playing this anymore. play a couple of all is dust (which is ramped by temples), and maybe a wurmcoil instead of karn. personally a third mindstone is doing good for me, but you could add some relics main or put the basilisk collar from sb.

anyways, chalice is one of the biggest reason to play this deck and, even if you disagree that karn is bad in the deck, etron is not a deck without 4 chalices

thanks for the input
I'm building up to e-tron actually cause I don't have the cash to buy it at once (dem student loans am I right), I'm basically playing and old colorless standard deck with expedition maps and tronlands
figured I'd buy two copies of all is dust first and then four chalices

... or two Karns
but now that you've emphasized the importance of chalice I'll likely go for them first

i feel you, my man.
i talked about this in the last thread: unfortunately, every deck has at least one absolutely key card that is prohibitively expensive.

affinity: opal, ux control: snaps, valakut: scapeshift, tron: karn, bgx: lili (and everything really), etron: chalice, etc. it sucks.

yeah def get chalice above everything in etron if you can afford them. wait for the release of M25 so the prices go down a bit, but they will probably skyrocket a couple of months after.

gotcha, thanks again bud

I believe what happens is speculators/investors/kikecity games look at what the irreplaceable cards are in a deck and jew them the fuck out.
Mythic reprints don't do anything and WotC will never print deck/archetype staples at their original rarity. Look at Aether Vial, a fucking uncommon that was reprinted twice at rare and it's still $30.
Modern was growing pretty fast, and card prices are indicative of it. However, things feel like they've been slowing down because prices on decks have gone up 50-100% in the past year. If they want the format to continue to grow (although I have to assume their business model is still constructed around standard), they have to stop trying to jew players by upshifting everything to mythic.
>M-muh limited!
Fuck off WotC. No one wants to spend $30+ to draft a 0/13 tree.

Edict effects
Deflecting palms

ensnaring bridge, iok, thoughtseize, verdict, circle of protection

Why the fuck is sfm still on the list?

WotC saving it for the next masters set

>Prices growing out of control
>WOTC insists on not reprinting cards so they don't make money
How can oe company be so stupid?

>go to new store, totally different group of players than usual store
>more than half the people there are on Jund/other midrange chicanery
>I'm on Tron
>mfw

Like 2 years ago when I got back into the game there was a dude who had a CoCo/Vial sultai zombie deck and it did alright. Pretty much played like bad fish. I know he was playing Lotleth Trolls, Gravecrawlers, Death Baron, and Diregraf Captain all as 4-of's but I don't recall the rest of his list. I imagine the deck would also run Relentless Dead and Lord of the Accursed today.

I'm considering getting into Modern if only so I can have a few casual games, is it worth buying the one Modern Event Deck that has been collecting dust at my LGS? It's the Elspeth one if that helps, selling for £65. My own collection only goes as far back as BFZ so I was hoping this would help me at least get a nice start.

>something with this dude. Probably some T&N/devotion shell.
Any ideas or advice would be appreciated
>burn bby burn
>chalice on 1, as always
>path?

Nah dude.
If you want to start in modern, I'd suggest mon red burn(the best option)mono green stompy, 8rack minus Lily, or some kind of G/R land destruction deck.

??

A 12/12 Trample for "GG"

My new favorite sideboard tech is 4x Spreading Seas.

Drop Blooming Marsh. If the only card you're splashing green for is BBE, just run two shocks, one of which will be Stomping Ground because you're mostly red. The other is probably best as Overgrown Tomb. If you don't get your green consistently enough, cut other stuff for fetches.

Cards that beat a bogle in UR?

counter them before it hits the table

>4 emrakul
>X other big cmc creatures
>4 through the breach
>4 chalice
>4 SSG
>4 faithless looting
>X rituals
>4 that guy

etc

I can't counter enough of their spells for it to matter, mostly. Bogle on 1 I can't hit, then after that they just dump 1 mana cards until something sticks

spellskite

Hibernation.

wew lad

I'd buy that, but it'll be shit. Just decent value.

>playing cards that let your opponent make a choice
shiggy diggy

Liliana makes the opponent discard a card of his choice
Is Liliana shit?

>6cmc
>etb once
versus
>3cmc
>can kill a creature
>can choose to discard multiple times
>while doing so can kill more creatures or destroy half of opponents permanents

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :thinking:

It’s a 4/5 you cunt

Is there a deck I can play Torrential Gearhulk in? He seems like a good and fun card.

some jeskai control lists play one of him.

>tfw miracles is still a meme deck even with jace

They said that Dominaria will have a lot of throwbacks to old cards. So please print some nerfed 1 or 2 cmc Brainstorm.

Something like: 1U instant draw 2 put 1 on top, would most likely already be good enough and not break any deck.

Discard is always going to reduce their hand size by one. Your Gearhulk does not guarantee anything.

Anyone have SCG premium? Can you copy and paste Jadines Jund mirror article to a pastebin or something?

I have these to offer.

Next level magic
vk DOT com SLASH doc5464798 UNDERSCORE 264487708 ?hash EQUALSIGN fa1b736985dede3970 AMPERSAND dl EQUALSIGN 0f82732dbccd312531

Next level deckbuilding
vk DOT com SLASH doc5464798 UNDERSCORE 264488960 ?hash EQUALSIGN 2d1b120e0b72bd3ff3 AMPERSAND dl EQUALSIGN 1255212729e92916d8

Just if you haven't seen them before. I didn't upload them, just found them.

>lose cash bet
>double or nothing, he declines
>triple or nothing, he pays me however he wants
>win the bet
>buys me in 3 eternal masters packs
>crack JtMS
>trade it for INN LotV

Jesus Christ.
I'm half a playset in boys, time to go ahead and buy 8-Rack now.

Last FNM with Jund vs blue moon I ran into a scenario, let me lay it out.

>I have 5 lands including a Treetop Village, vs like 6-ish.
>You have Goyf in hand, on battlefield and a Treetop.
>Opponent has a Jace on 5 with a known Cryptic in hand.

Options:
>Cast Goyf precombat, get it countered, other Goyf tapped, attack with Treetop.
>Attack with Goyf, don't animate Treetop. Hold 2nd Goyf for postcombat.
>Animate Treetop and attack with Goyf+Treetop. Hold 2nd Goyf for postcombat.

Looking back I think the first option is best. Out of reflex, I chose two due to muscle memory playing around Cryptic. Don't animate man-lands before attacking, cast postcombat What happened is Goyf got bounced after I declared my attack and he drew. Jace then continued to draw a bunch of cards and I ended up scooping when he Snapped another Cryptic back later.

Do you have the bridges also?

Played B L U E S T E E L on monday.

>Match 1: Death and Taxes.
>Game 1
I go first, vomit my hand turns 2,3, he plays nothing so I go blind onto the next one
>Game 2
Keep a 1 land hand with a nice curve, never drew the other land, gg shit happens
>Game 3
Actually close game. We both deploy board, I sideboarded into a playset of Trinket Mage to get a Basilisk Collar in case I manage to deploy a huge Ballista. I get taxed a bit. I finally manage to do it when he starts deploying a huge field of angels and golem tokens. I win. Ballista MVP

>Match 2: Affinity
>Game 1
I die because of Inkmoth+Cranial on like turn 4.
>Game 2
I can't race Affinity so I go for the midrange plan with Trinkets to search for Ballistas and kill everything ASAP. It actually works. End up deploying a Wurmcoil, and he sacrifices all his field to his Ravager as a last resort and goes with a huge Inkmoth. Isn't enough. I win
>Game 3
Get lucky and end up drawing 2 Ballistas. Play em on turns 2 and 4. Ballista can tap himself and crew Smuggler's copter before removing it's last counter, so that kept me alive from flying shit with plating while filtering. Avoided like 14 flying damage.
He ended up with 2 platings and no creatures while I got a 3rd Ballista with 4 counters so he couldn't pull funny shit with manlands.
Ballista MVP again.

>Match 3: Jund
>Game 1
I had a pretty decent hand. He discarded a Ballista and Etherium Sculptor, let some shit stick because all his removal was cheap enough to pay the Wanderer tax. Couldn't do anything. JUNDED
>Game 2
He goes to 5 cards and can't keep up with the board in the end. I win through aggro
>Game 3
I go for the Pili Pala combo plan I had in the sideboard, for the memes. He thoughtseizes before my winning turn since he grew suspicious. I lost for going for a clunky combo while he probably had answers.

Satisfied but honestly I don't think this deck can win against anything that uses Kommand and Thoughtseize unless I get some Kiras and/or Leylines

I play Lantern Control so yup, Stronghold versions at that.
Weirdly enough the only thing I'm pissed about is having to buy four Urborgs, three of which will be useless for any other deck.

Well, if you don't play 8-rack after this, you could resell to mono-black commander players.

How bad are mtggoldfishs budget decks? This deck looks cool, and it wouldn't be my only modern deck, but maybe I'm just retarded.

This deck is ok, although haunting echoes should not be in it and there are better budget removal options than doom blade.

I'm brewing an Izzet deck and having fun playing with the boundaries between aggro, combo, and control. At some point I'll do burn but I need singles first.

How good are the tron lands outside of slammin down fat 'drazis? Can I use them to get away with higher cmc's specifically? My deck can answer stuff early, if I had ramp I've got an output for it.

What should replace echos? And I'd just run 4 fatal push for removal
I really just want to play x spells. I was thinking either this or some shitbrew with ramp, removal, and torment of hailfire

Can I get some mtg gore going on here?

Is there a story behind this image? I imagine someone ripping a goyf in flip it or rip it and then doing this.

Anyone got any input about red blue eldrazi? I am looking at herald of kozilek and noticing most of modern's more popular cheap removal spells miss killing him.

Don’t be a retard and do colorless or bant

Depends! Generally they can be pretty powerful, so long as you hedge your deck accordingly

UTron is a deck that was built around pretty much that, the first island is more important than blasting out Tron (hence no stars/spheres)

Been tinkering with black tron (bobmeme mostly, but it seems it's too prohibitive in an already stretched idea), I think there's a lot of room for the deck (nonmeme black tron i mean) and the idea, at least on paper, seems pretty decent (turn 1 handhate mixed with wurmcoils basically shitty black midrange with tron mana for lategame)

magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/mtgochamp17/modern-decklists-2018-03-02
>meta is 90% jund
>burnmemes with reveler
it's fucking genius. cuts the eidolons, easily the worst card in the jund matchup (eats it for days, and feeds their goyf too), and jams in fuckin vintage-level draw 3. Just throws in 4 manamorphose taking out some redundant skullcrackery, and without Eidolon those morphoses are pretty FREE

What a call

Could he work in Ponza?
Maybe you can make a Jund reanimator deck with Whip of Erebos. Maybe also take advantage of Salvage Titan.

Glaring Spotlight (Absolutely hoses hexproof)
Engineered Explosives
Spellskite (steal their enchantments)

There was this
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/reconstructed/no-rares-all-modern-combo-2015-10-19

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text= ["Devoid"]&special=true
There are some interesting cards. Blisterpod, Eldrazi Obligator, Immobilizer Eldrazi, Bearer of Silence, From Beyond, Vile Aggregate, Kozilek's Sentinel, Ruin in Their Wake, Salvage Drone, Sire of Stagnation, Sky Scourer, Slip Through Space, Tide Drifter, Ulamog's Nullifier, Unnatural Endurance, Vile Redeemer, and Void Grafter may have potential.
Kozilek's Return, Crumble to Dust, Wasteland Strangler, Drowner of Hope, Eldrazi Skyspawner, Kozilek's Return, Reality Hemorrhage, World Breaker, Eldrazi Displacer, and Flaying Tendrils see play.

Veeky Forums, what's your super spicy/hateful sideboard tech?

Spreading Seas. You can literally throw 4 copies into any blue deck, main or side. Fucks Tron and greedy colorbases and cantrips so it doesn't get in the way of your strategy.

fuck you

I was thinking about making this a 2of in ur pyromancer. My local meta is almost 25% tron, so I may

I think the one that's won me the most games has to be Shadow of Doubt. Not only is it good against Tron and Lantern, but at worst case you stifle a fetch or just cantrip. Because a two mana instant that's easy on colors and draws a card can be at least playable in any matchup, it even helps against rogue decks where you need to take stuff out but have nothing good in your board.

Pyromancer isn't blue, though. Just add more basics and run 2 BM sideboard.

Blue-red pyromancer. It's like blue moon, but im using 2mana threats that can end the game on their own instead of combos. Also uses field of ruin to get mana bases because so many people here are super ready for blood moon

>Pyromancer isn't blue
>2of in ur pyromancer
>ur

Mardu Pyro plays moons in the main

Then yeah, throw all four in. If you're really worried about Tron, you could mainboard 2. That ETB draw just makes it so usable.

It's like 7am, I'm barely literate.

Only downside is that it's adding non instant/sorcs, making pz and TiTi weaker

True.

Cantripping may make it worth it, though. I'll have to test it

I would say sideboard only, but if you don't run delver it might be worth maining a couple depending on meta.

Post decks you have built and people will rate you on your coolness level.
For me:
Modern, Mardu Shadow, Traverse Shadow, Eldrazi Aggro, UB Tezz, BUG Evolution, Jund, UR Storm, Kiki Chord
Legacy, Reanimator, Dredge, DnT
EDH, Kozilek the Great Distortion, Zedru Memes

Modern: Naya defenders, Mono-Green Stompy, Bant Eldrazi, Gx Tron, RG Eldrazi (WIP)
Pauper: Izzet Blitz, defender combo (WIP)
EDH: Shirei Apostles, Kruphix control ft. Hydra Broodmaster, Mono-Green Omnath fatties, Atarka, World Render dragon smashy, Kess 100% spells, 0% wincons, Dragonlord Dromoka fuckcontrol.dec (WIP)
pls no bulli

0/10 desu senpai, all your decks sound gay as fuck

Rude!

get dabd on kidderino xD

>Modern
8 Rack
>Legacy
Sadly nothing, but I play Stax on XMage
>Vintage
Dredge
>EDH
Sisay and corrupted Glissa.

god fucking damn it, I have to pick up daybreak coronets now before they go any higher

Well your Bazaars you tard and buy into legacy

Imagine being this poor AND a bogles player

*this poor AND wannabe bogles player
don't have to imagine it lad
I'm living it

>just got all but sideboard bloodmoons and a few fetches for Hollow One
I cant wait, testing the deck online has been a absolute blast.

In order of built for modern
>b/r liliana emrakul hideaway cheat
>8rack
>Utron
>heartless Eldrazi (heartless with urborg and eye)
>g/r Eldrazatron with 4 windbreaker and kozileks return (built as soon as they came out, only thing Ive toped anything large scale with)
>Goryos Vengance (all versions)
>gEldraziTron
>hollow one

I only play to meme. Standard decks have included mazes end and Omnidoor.

>tfw try out friend's Mardu Pyromancer
>Most satisfying 5-0 in any FNM I had
The deck feels fucking amazing

For Elves players here, is the Devoted Druid package better than the one without? Im still Visionaries and the standard Collected Company/Chord package. I see some Devoted Druid-less do well and I'm sort of hesitant to sink cash

sup gentlemen
need a $100-150 deck that doesn't require too much thought to snatch a win or two in an evening it's for the lady

is this bait

are you twelve

Mono Green Stompy :^)

Seriously though, with that budget, its more or less the only you can make apart from 8Whack,and god knows how many of those are already out there

care to provide a list ? thanks for the input bud