Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

When was the last time the dice fucked you over hard?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/RqkUXjWZ
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/103205/a-villains-guide-to-adventure-and-world-domination
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My party rolled 5 crits against the boss who publicly fumbled as many times

It was not a hard fight

What if the knight was betrothed to the main villain guy?!

Go away Argentum, nobody likes your shit meme.

clearly someone does, because i'm not Argentum

How do I play as an unstoppable killer driven by revenge to perform supernatural feats of murder in PF?

>Implying in an age of powered armor women can't squire

Congratulations you sad little minority of one, now promptly fuck off to your miserable attention whore hole.

what for? its more fun tormenting you.

Check Horror Adventures

Shaggy Blanco is not present. This isn't a complete list

Make tier rankings for the extended /pfg/ universe, not just that game.
I want Falafel Blanco

How many bamboozles have we had recently /pgg/ ?

Argentum,unfort's,Skyfall,Tribunal. Is fallen kingdom up next?

gotta start with "Season 1" my dude.

Could Seht Rojo defeat Kyras Alter?

>he thinks Tribunal isn't just morphing into a new form

Bamboozler :^)

What tier is Rory and his stand, [DOG DAYS]?

From our GM's perspective: He runs with the houserule of multiple crits- if your confirmation roll would crit, roll to confirm that crit. If it does, you deal more damage. x2 becomes x3, x3 becomes x4, etc. Last session, we scored two multiple crits on the BBEG of the week, dealing over 200 damage within a round. Meanwhile, he straight up failed to hit us with any of the BBEG's attacks.

From my perspective: Getting crit by a triceratops, missing a crit against a target that had displacement cast on him, promptly getting a nat1 moments after a party member told the GM "Since we're in a narrow corridor, if he rolls a nat1, I'll take the damage from his attack," etc.

You forgot the evil game.

The evil game?

It was only up for about an hour or two before he pulled it.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/103205/a-villains-guide-to-adventure-and-world-domination

Anyone know of any good githzerai/githyanki rules for Pathfinder?

But Vult bamboozled us already.

>trusting a meme DM
You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve

Who are the most cancerous of cancer out of all the celebs here?

SCoT so far:
>Started exposition
>Got chased into the sewers by Larry
>Killed some shadow rats in said sewers
>Found a sword in a cistern
>Went up an elevator

Vult went on holiday and won't be back for like a month iirc

He just said he literally joined a game on the weekend as his excuse for also shutting the apps down. What a lying faggot.

Fuck you vult, you dumb fuck.

woah, it's fucking nothing

ultimate psionics

Also Centauress got a tiefling girl buddy cop, card game cat played a game with the trap cleric, and the kobold magical girl made the spider girl tiny

He's already back from the holiday.

>extended /pfg/ universe

But there's so many games people don't even know about

I too claim to be going on holidays join a game in the slot i was planning to run one and be back from holiday

so fast

It was an 8 day stint on a mountain and he shitposted in Canadian anyways

>It is somehow weird that over the course of a month he joined a game on one of his free days

Availability was a made-up excuse and a lie. He said the real reason for bamboozling several times.
More specifically, the apps didn't fit his precise autistic specifications which he never mentioned or communicated to anyone, and he didn't want to review apps or tell people applying to the game how to change their apps because he is an autistic manchild who can't handle even that simple level of social interaction.

Again, that's nothing. What you described were "comfy" and "cute" interactions.

I can't believe that Vult would bitch about apps not reading his mind and his autistic specifications oh wait exactly that happened with PLD HOW DID YOU NOT SEE THIS COMING

>the apps didn't fit his precise autistic specifications which he never mentioned or communicated to anyone

>Golly, it sure is tough making a heroic character in a campaign!

Its called 'roleplaying' I know its hard for you to fathom that when you have never gotten into a game.

Didn't Argentum do the same except without explaining themselves?

Then leave the game faggot, nobody cares about your autistic vendetta

Basically yeah.

>"""heroic""" characters
>in a campaign where the PC's are supposed to be escapist autists spending most of their lives in a VR by the very premise

Even Kirito is an autistic asshat

ya know when you get a stupid idea but you just have to try and do it anyway?

I want, in pathfinder, to make a big wrestler and wrassle something big. Preferably a tarrasque or a dragon

Except that isn't plot advancement, that's just PCs playing with PCs. That should not be a measure of game progression. It would be like saying "comfy" games are some of the most dynamic campaigns there are, because every day you're developing relationships with each other while sitting in the same hot springs for three sessions.

Tetori monk

Why do you care what people do out of game time for entertainment and building characters

Not everything needs to advance the plot, especially if its done out of session time

I only care that the previous user tried to insinuate the inter-party interactions actually count as something more than "fucking nothing." Where does SCoT's plot seem to be going?

I really want to play an aasimar some day so I can indulge my angel fetish.

The plot is yet to commence really

It seems to be going towards some kind of conspiracy, we spent the first two sessions dungeon delving and dealing with a puzzle.

Because there's an autist who screeches whenever someone dares to post a greentext about something fun that happened.

but will you wrassle other angels?

>wrassle
Sure. Why not.

If you want to piss off your players, just put them in the feywild. Shit's hilarious.

And how

Why do you people think this is okay?

Everyone in the setting does that though. It's a normal reaction to the he'll that is an authoritarian military corprotacracy

You can still make a character that is proactively doing something interesting

Bah, not mean enough. Try an abandoned mine overrun by rust monsters in a wild magic zone'd mountain, now that's how you make your players cry

I don't know what this is and don't care

Nobody cares about Vult's 'READY PLAYER ONE' ripoff

>I know one meme reference and I know it very loudly!

Because it IS okay and you're a retarded autist for thinking it's not.

I CLAPPED

I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW THE THING I KNEW

Even in THIS thread, few people actually give a shit about Starfinder.

So after I fucked up my first Pathfinder campaign by allowing not only 3rd party shit but also homebrew, I am trying to rebuild things with a "what is allowed" list.
>no traits because why the fuck would I give you extra benefits
>no flaws because I am sick of them being used to get extra feats
>NO THIRD PARTY SHIT
>NO HOMEBREW SHIT
>roll 4d6 in order for ability scores. No I don't give a shit if that doesn't "work" for your "build." Kill yourself. (I understand this is going to make SAD even more overpowered, I'll work around it).
I understand some of those rules seem pretty autistic but there it is. I don't care.
I've already decided I am allowing just the core races because I am sick of the fantasy freakshow. I don't see any balance issues here.
My big issue is classes. It's a setting heavy on wilderness, it's "points of light" so to speak. I want the characters to have space to create their own kingdom if they want to, as well as not being overshadowed by the 15th level NPCs and cities of 100,000+ that would otherwise result from a "developed world."

So, I want a lot of the wilderness classes, like ranger and druid... except ranger and druid aren't really compatible. I don't like hunter much either, even though it's "better" than ranger (no shit). And since everyone in my group has a hateboner for ranger (mostly due to not having appropriate WBL and rushing to the front against enemies meant to counter other players in a mixed-tier party) and will whinge autistically if I have ranger but not hunter available. Except if I allow hunter, no one will ever play ranger (and as a long time fan of rangers, I admit ranger sucks). And druid is still super overpowered.

My goal is to get 8-or-so classes of tier 3 to 5, maybe one of tier 2 I can restrict with scroll-only learning for new spells, that reflect a wilderness theme. I know fighter, rogue, and ranger are ones I want. I am not sure about bard...

So anyway I am probably on course to fuck up again. But I think if I at least disallow a lot of the classes I had issue with, I will be better off. I'm even gonna flat-out ban the occult adventures because even though none of the classes in there are overpowered, it was an entire book of new mechanics I had to read and learn, and even though I trusted my players to do so, it turned out they made several mistakes and forgot to account for things and were overpowered. Meanwhile they would literally "remember" thigns they forgot to add mid combat, like right after rolling an attack, that were "errors" on their character sheet (like forgetting to increase BAB for fucks sake) and that would mean that they "actually hit." I doubt they were cheating but honestly I am just sick of it, I am sick of having to read 10 pages of bullshit for each character. I understand core-only now. It's not for balance, it's for mastery. Which is the point of being the Game MASTER. Being in control of the game, not having to turn it into a power struggle just to keep the PCs under control.

Anyway, enough ranting. Currently my list is:

Alchemist, barbarian, bard, magus, paladin, ranger, slayer, fighter, rogue, and MAYBE either druid, sorcerer, or cleric or wizard if I can find some severe way to gimp them. But probably not. Which is sad because I actually made a well-developed religion for the world that's not just a copy-pasted pantheon, that still has a generic enough feel to it to appeal to a variety of playstyles.

Oh well. I don't know if what I am trying to do is even possible. If not, maybe it's time I ditch Pathfinder completely and move on.

IT'S FAMILIAR, BUT IT'S DIFFERENT.

IT'S THE SAME, BUT SOMETHING NEW!

Because it is? What do you think is wrong with it?

It's a much better way of scaling weapons and presenting "this is the rough CL zone where these are good to give your players" than the +1,2,3 system of older D&D games.

Just play 5e, man.
It sounds like it suits you better.

>It's not for balance, it's for mastery. Which is the point of being the Game MASTER. Being in control of the game, not having to turn it into a power struggle just to keep the PCs under control.

Sounds like you have a control complex.
Protip: Tabletops aren't about you keeping players under your thumb, it's collaborative storytelling.

Just stop playing Pathfinder, you're clearly not capable of using the system.

>roll 4d6 in order for ability scores.
Kill yourself, autist.

> no traits because why the fuck would I give you extra benefits
Traits are hardly OP.
> no flaws because I am sick of them being used to get extra feats
Do you mean drawbacks? Because those are used to get an extra trait. Unless Flaws are some 3pp thing, in which case yeah that's retarded.
> roll 4d6 in order for ability scores. No I don't give a shit if that doesn't "work" for your "build." Kill yourself
Every game of PF I play that rolls instead of point buy just makes everyone more powerful from the get-go. Have you tried a lower point buy than 25? 20's the norm iirc but you could do 15.

Looking at what you want though you should probably not do Pathfinder.

Switch to 5e, it sounds like you'll all be happier.

>roll 4d6 in order for ability scores
>in order
This is a fucking stupid thing meant to force people to play random classes. And doesn't even match your stated goal of having a themed party with a class restricted set.

Even if you have to do a roll, do the normal thing and allow them to choose their allocation, since if they're adventurers, it should be assumed they're decently good at the Ability score their class depends on.

>no traits
Traits are so fucking minor that half the games I've played in didn't even use them. Not using them is fine, but your reasoning for it is a major red flag.
>no flaws
Flaws give extra traits, not feats. Which are, again, minor.
>no third party/homebrew
That's fine, you shouldn't have allowed homebrew to begin with unless it was yours or very minor, like feat taxes or a super minor archetype.
>4d6 in order
Or just lower the fucking point buy instead of potentially punishing a player because the dice fucked him while making another overpowered for the same reason.

10/10 bait

What do you recommend for boosting bad saves (low will saves in particular)?

iron will

You priorities are screwed. Enjoy your mess.

Is there any alternative?

Traits
Cloak of resistance
PRetty much the long and short

Got a class in particular?

Twitch Tonic gives you a +2 save against sleep, paralysis, and
the staggered condition.

As an alternative, you can use earplugs against spells that require hearing like charm. They do have penalty for perception though.

One of the billion traits that give +1 Will.
Just one, cos trait bonuses dont stack.

2 Gunslingers
Slayer.

One of us is a dwarf, but I'm not sure if that matters.

I wanna play Jacob!

tfw you will never be pinned down and bred by a futa angel

>tfw you will never pin the futa angel down and demand their "blessing"

I can pin you down and attempt to breed you, user!

I was playing a Vigilante // Wizard and rolled a 1 against a Yeth Hound's bay. It took me six rounds to run away and come back to help a Dwarf fight it and a Shadow.

I failed multiple saves against the poison on the daggers of three cultists of Shar in the next encounter.

For the final encounter of that session, I rolled a 1 against a Shadowcaster's (3.5) shadow evocation fireball. I think the DM decided we had suffered enough and had her retreat.

These were on different d20s.

Haha .Yeth hounds.

>Rather than make her a new face they just copypasted the model from Mercy.

>Mace looks like a leg of ham

>None of her skins have a proper helmet like Reinhardt

BLIZZARD WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING AWFUL

Because people will buy shit up anyways CAUSE ITS A STRONG WOMAN IN ARMOR #REPRESENTATIONMATTERS