>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D- 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etool.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tool/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/
What backgrounds do you think lend themselves most naturally to certain classes?

Have you ever played non-cis/not-straight characters?

>What backgrounds do you think lend themselves most naturally to certain classes?
Obviously things like Acolyte or Criminal are designed to lead into Cleric or Rogue, but I think people limit themselves too much looking for background/class synergy.

i've been planning on buying the PHB on D&D Beyond, but i also kinda want to wait for a sale. how often do the books go on sale on Beyond?

So leafed through Xanathar's guide and the two new paladin subclasses turned some gears in my head and I've spent all weekend theorycrafting. Which of the following would you prefer to see at your table?

1) Dragonborn (Red) Oath of Conquest- kinda edgelord material, but I love the idea of getting into the thick of it with full armor, a warhammer and just fearing/proning a whole mob of enemies while my team cleans up or focuses on the strongest one. Definitely taking straight paladin up and smiting opponents who are immune to fear and otherwise tanking hits for my boys. Intimidation for social stuff and shitloads of Cha to keep the fear going.

or

2) A Dragonborn (Red, they're brothers kinda autistic I know) Oath of Redemption- I like the flavor of this one, but it might lagg a bit behind in terms of damage. Basically I was thinking his role would be more support (obviously) and trying to resolve fights without doing any damage. I was thinking more quarterstaff and only using smites on stuff like constructs or undead or creatures and not try to outright attack sentient creatures unless they breach the line and try to go for one of my squishier boys. Persuasion more for social checks and maxing charisma (again) for my restraining spells or channel divinity options.

being bisexual makes it easier to flirt your way through life

Remember to get the Dragon Fear feat for the Conquest Paladin.

Pretty much everyone is bisexual. It is really rare for a male not to be capable of experiencing orgasm while getting fucked in the ass with his dick getting stroked, so yes, bisexuality certainly is a boon.

you are a moron and I really hope nobody but me responds to you unless they are also telling you that you're stupid.

I think 90% my characters are Bisexual. The D&D world is a big dangerous place where friendships are hard to keep and relationships are even harder.

So they are pretty open people.

I like how most of the feats in Xanathar's still gives you at least 1 ASI, helps make the choice to pick a feat less daunting.

Take a look at this.

It only made 3 changes to the entire class.

1) Adding Origin spell lists up to 11th level
2) Increasing and rescaling metamagics so that you have all 8 at 14
3) Removing the need for an arcane focus, because sorcerers' magic is innate.

I'd go for Fallen Aasimar for Conquest paladin since their racial lets you be an absolute monster (literally and figuratively) without even getting into feats.

I've played a female bissexual changeling, who'd alter her appearence to bang anyone she'd fancy; and I'm playing right now a male assexual tiefling, who sees sex as a tool he's probably able to use, but is not really into it.

Report and ignore Paizofag's threads.

What the fuck is this new meme

>What backgrounds do you think lend themselves most naturally to certain classes?

Sailor is great for fighters and barbarians

>Fallen Aasimar
Looks cool, but don't I need Volo's to pick it up? My DM is kind of a stickler for PHB + 1 book and Xanathar's is needed for the subclass

Is Way of the Four Elements impossible to make not a huge ki hog, or is there are least some specific set of things I can pick for it that make it more functional? I know about the homebrew remake, I'm talking about the PHB version.

No, it's pretty much always doomed to be shit. You can look up homebrew fixes with your DM, though.

>New
Stop pretending this shit hasn't been going for two months now

One of the OPs uses anime images (On an anime website! Quelle surprise! Quelle horreur!!!) and some neckbeard is claiming they're trying to turn us into /pfg/.

Helpful thing about this version is that its easier to homebrew stuff for it as your not having to dance around the lower spells known.

Yes. You play a Wu-Jen Mystic instead.

To be fair they also engage in a lot of other shitposting a la love live.

I really like to be the ‘driver’ character. Im the one in the getaway ride, and maybe one day captain of an airship.
What class comes to mind when you think of someone who is good at piloting vehicles? Can be as simple as a donkey and wagon, or massive airship.

Xanathar's and Volo's are both playtested and legal, if your DM does not allow fun then thats rough.

>all of these faggots
Crit role is a hell of a drug.

NPC

They're both legal, but AL rules are that you can only make characters with PHB + 1 splash book so you can't have a character with green flame blade AND absorb elements. He just doesn't want people going crazy with combos that might not be balanced and to decide what is important for their build, so I can't really blame him.

Yeah Im the DM. Im making a character that gets the heroes where they need to go, but if someone wants to DM, I can switch to a player and be this guy.

swashbuckler

Leaving the house once in a while does a lot for your perspective, sempai

>I think 90% my characters are Bisexual
Ah, just as Ed Greenwood intended the game to be played He seems a lot more fun than Gygax, frankly

So does getting off the college campus.

That was my initial idea, but I have a long standing hatred of rogues.

It has become the running theme at my group that whether through natural chemistry, upbringing or being an artificial being of some kind, my characters are predominantly asexual. Not the "ew gross begone thot" kind, just not interested, generally oblivious to the sexualization of nudity in not inherently sexual circumstances, the whole kit. I'd deviate from it more, but my group gets an honest kick out of it from what I can tell.

Then go for Variant Human (as always) or Half-elf (+2 to CHR, +1CON +1STR - it has every stat you want + other bonuses like charm immunity). The Dragon fear is neat, but you REALLY want Sentinel, and you also want to boost your charisma down the line, so by the time you get to be able to prioritize getting this feat its already kind of meh.

>implying I'm not DMing for all of these snowflake queers

Its nothing important to be honest, my characters sexual preferences don't really affect anything. Just cause they are bi does not mean that is their character.

Yeah but I went to college to learn things and expand my horizons/asshole. I can’t just forget now that I’m out

So does leaving your backwater swamp hut.

I am afraid you are in the wrong community, friend. This game does not promote heteronormativity/genderconformity. Feel free to find a space which is more in-line with your views and beliefs.

If I could tolerate the mosquitos, I'd gladly go live in a swamp away from modern "culture" and people in general.

>this bait

You know how last thread you said CBE or SS Beastmaster was the only class that could take good advantage of nets because their beast can attack when they're unable to?

I thought of another. CBE or SS EK. Warmagic let's you make a weapon attack (the net) as a bonus action when you cast a cantrip as your action. And since a cantrip is not the Attack action you can use it while also using a net. And since cantrips rarely do slashing the net is safe.
Free advantage for your cantrip and all your party, for only the cost of an already good feat and a class feature that would have otherwise gone to mostly waste.

fucking meals and crayfish ruining dnd one step at a time. Just imagine trying to pull that shit in 1978.

>tell friends I will DM for the first time (I bought the Starter Set)
>one of them wants to play a cripple
>another want to play a blind character
What should I do?

Why does a character's sexual preference matter so much in your game world that they can't play a Bisexual or Gay character?

No. Every NPC of importance good or bad is a moderately attractive female who either attempts to seduce the party or is open to being banged/married.
Non of the players bite though sadly...

Everything would be fine if Crawford wasn't gay.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>look at this user, his boipussy's never been pounded

Thankfully we learned a lot and grew up as a society since 1978 throwing away a lot of dogmas and general horseshit from our culture.

It's in Apocalypse World not D&D

>I'd gladly isolate myself so I don't have to witness people with different values and ideas than me, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with me
Why do you choose to be so degenerate

Oh no, that's not it. The bait is in getting polfags mad by reinforcing their delusion of "nothing wrong with gay" implies "something wrong with straight".

It's not helpful, fuck that.

there's always cold spots in the middle of nowhere. We won't miss you.

Tell them you can't DM after all.
Then DM for strangers on the internet instead.

Xanathar's tool use rules lets you add your proficiency to the AC and Saving Throws of a vehicle you'e handling.
Artificer gives you double proficiency on any ability check that uses your tool proficiencies.

>Crawford is gay, but puts no rainbows on twitter, and you rarely see him speaking about it
>Mearls is a white cis male and full SJE
Really makes you think

>playing a gay character, not for laughs, with your male friends.
Dude that shit is uncomfortable for everyone especially your poor dm. Why would anyone ever do something like that?

Elemental Adept?
Flames of Phlegethos?

I dunno

Yeah

They are hyped already

Why they are comfortable when you flirt with them as a female character (which the DM will often end up doing at one point or another) but get all flustered when you flirt with them on a male character is a much more interesting question.

i'd say no to the cripple PC, but a cool way to do a blind character is to have them see through a familiar

Tellt ehm the cripple better get one of the others to carry his burden, and the blind is a wizard who permanently looks and hears through their familar. Better hope the familiar doesn't go down.

Yeah mearls has to flagellate himself for his sjw friends because he's a fucking straight white male. It's not that hard to understand.

>being friends with neckbeards scared of catching "teh gayz"
yeah no

>"Moom! A fat guy posted a rainbow on twitter! My favorite game of pretending to fight dragons is now ruined forever! This is the end of western civilization! Waaah! Fucking SJEWs "

The Blind PC is a monk

>New to D&D so my group and I used the premade characters to start playing
>Now that I know it better I want to create my own

Fug

Are you stupid or something? It's because you can distance yourself from a female character. That's much more difficult for a male character and it's honestly wierd that you would put your DM through that kind of shit without forewarning. Especially if you're being genuine about it. Even with the forewarning it would still make most dms very uncomfortable.
It's not cool man.

yikes. tell him change his class or no blind gimmick

user, nothing was good in 1978

nothing is good ever desu

They have airships in dnd. Im not talking about actual motor vehicles or Madmax combat

Oof. You can get around the advantage on attacks against you for being blinded with the Alert feat and you can get around disadvantage on attack rolls with save-or-suck spells, but you're not going to be able to do an awful lot as a martial with permadisadvantage.

Allow the optional flanking rules so that these idiots do not whiff every attack and feel smart for having "good positioning".

>Deities and Demigods 1980
>"He"
>Corellon is alternately male and female, both or neither

I wish I told my friends to use the premades Tbh

>areyoufuckingserious.gif

Exactly

Feats were a mistake

Multiclassing is GAY

>being this sexually fragile
Pull yourself together, man, whats a little in-character flirting between friends?

>male DM
>princess offers quest
>slay the dragon and i will offer you a night of pleasure
>awesome
>male DM
>prince offers quest
>slay the dragon and i will offer you a night of pleasure
>WTF DM THAT GAAAAAAAAY

Fug reading that depressed me. I have to remind myself everyday that Veeky Forums is more than one person with one opinion

compare 1978 to 2018.
2018 is piping hot shit and we all wish we could just go back to 1978.

>ew the gays!
This whole hetero-is-the-only-acceptable-public-affection thing is like, the whole cause of shit like pride parades and a huge motivator in that in your face social justice so many are annoyed by. Don't mistake this post for advocating these things, I'm just pointing out that shit like this causes shit like that.

>we
>all
Just you user

Alternately you can just have him be fucking useless for the first three levels to show him how much of a bad idea this is and then allow him to take a modified version of Alert.

>Blindsense
>You have adapted yourself to blindness and can now compensate for some of its disadvantages. You gain the following benefits:
>You have advantage on Wisdom(Perception) checks that rely on hearing.
>Other creatures don't gain advantage on attack rolls against you as a result of being unseen by you.
>You do not have disadvantage on melee attack rolls against targets you cannot see within ten feet of you. You lose this benefit while deafened.

I once played a gay dragonborn sorcerer. it was sort of awesome, and at least for me was definetly my favorite way of handling the topic. the only reason it was relevant was because he was the 5th in line out of a clutch of 5 to lead the nobel house (more of a clan) that him, and our party cleric (3rd in line) and our last brother (npc paladin, 1st) where all a part of. those two had abdicated their titles when they joined the church, and with 2 older siblings to go it shouldn't have been an issue.

Then they died, and it basically became a big point of contention between the three surviving siblings none of whom wanted to give up their duties and freedom.

At least here it was a side plot directly involving half the larty, as oppose to all of these other people I'm seeing IRL who just take every opportunity to remind me how gay their character is because they are insecure in their own sexuality/representation (speculative).

I'd sooner tear off my fingernails than go back even half that far thank you.

That's not the point being made by that poster I believe. Dual or non sexed gods are nothing new. These kind of characters would be fine in the 70s because of the lack of baggage.
The backlash of this stuff comes with how much people who play this straight like to make you smell their shit. The idea of an alien race reproducing by means other than male and female copulation or a deity that represents both male and female traits is not what causes it.

For fucks sake look at the image used here do you think that is the face of an interesting character or one written with their shit stinking?

Sounds like you are projecting your own backwards reactionary ideals on other people. I rather like it here and now.

you've only proven that you live in a bubble

lmao no thanks
it's always slowly getting better

I don't care about your gods, faggot gods dates back as far as the the roman pantheon and greek pantheons. I'm talking about faggot PC's that want to make he-she abominations and expect every NPC to give their pronouns as stupid shit. I made a point of having every family as M/F and a few kids and not a single faggot exists in the setting.

>facial tattoo
>too many piercings
>dyke haircut in non-standard color
>lower half rim glasses
>actually demonic
Are you sure it's not self satyrizing?