EDH/Commander General

Makaveli edition

Previously: RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
How does your group engage with/handle table politics, if at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/iskkanah-current-iteration-032018/?cb=1520350991
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fuck-hufflepuff-copy/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fuck-hufflepuff/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/niv-mizzet-lord-of-the-game/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hey-hapatra-nice-asp/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/c-e-p-h-a-l-i-d-s/?cb=1520359776
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/domestic-abuse-2/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rakdos-staxdos/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So I sat down and got the list for the way the deck currently is on tappedout.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/iskkanah-current-iteration-032018/?cb=1520350991

It clearly blows. I swore I bought an Arachnogenesis at some point. Anyway, a lot of the delirium/threshold matters stuff is getting cut for more tribal stuff like Vanquisher's Banner, Kindred Dominance and more spiders. In addition, I'm putting in more general goodstuff (Reanimator, more self-mill, maelstrom pulse) and more toughness matters shit.

Any advice as to what to add? Lots of things to cut, obviously.

If I ever win, it is due to politics. Not “I won’t kill this if you don’t kill this”, more “kill the guy playing the better deck, thanks”.

>reposting in new thread

Lately I've wanted to make a new commander deck, but can't decide on what to make. Which of these six should be my next commander, /edhg/?

W: Enchantment; exile a nonland permanent with CMC equal or lower to number of ~ in play
U: Instant; Counter spell unless controller pays 1, copy for each ~ in graveyard
R: Sorcery; Create X 1/1 Devils with "When this dies deal 1 damage" where X is number of ~ in graveyard plus one.
G: Creature; T: Add G to your mana pool for each creature you control named ~.

Zacama or Elenda

I would rock Hapatra, but that's just because I want to build her

>How does your group engage with/handle table politics, if at all?
we have an understanding of what powerlevel is appropriate for the group (its relatively low power) and from there we tried to manipulate our way to victory.

first of all, checked
second of all I've built hapatra as both budget and arms race, and she's honestly one of the most interesting and versatile commanders I've played in a long time. She's a little glass cannon, but being cheap to cast helps that a lot, an you very rarely need to swing with her past turn 3/4 to get mad gains

I never realized how many legendary creatures are "Name, Words"

either Elenda or Hapatra: both have interesting strategues that the others don't have and are better waifus as well

Some days there's a very dry, laconic ongoing threat assessment where the whole board is interested in the best play, even if it's at their personal expense.
Some days the same guys will complain that their boardstate isn't the most threatening when they get pinged only to immediately combo out the next turn. Then we throw dice at their head.

I can't decide between taigam OM, edric, or selvala explorer returned/sigarda. i usually play mimeo, prossh, jarad, ur dragon, and teysa OS.

what do? (pic unrelated, wallpaper)

i did as well for a long while, but decided aainst it. whats stopping you from building her?

What are win conditions that you use in your Hapatra decks?

>Name, Title

The mind boggles

any spicy tech for my favorite commander, /edhg/? spirit tribal or otherwise

why did WotC do this? I like him so much yet he sucks so bad. They should have done so much more with this card

Edric just feels like flying men.dek, which to me gets boring after a while. Selvala is a bit more versatile but definitely leans herself towards people who's family tree is a bush. Taigam has some neat shenanigans with dovescape, decree of silence etc, but falls under typical U/W(u) stereotypes. That being said they're all pretty fun and can all be done in interesting ways
which version?

I like these, best so far.

He just needs to be stronger. He doesn't follow any of the Kami flavour from Kawigama too.

>which version
Both.

She seems fun, but I've had trouble thinking of ways to close out the game other than giving all your deathtouch snakes trample and infect.

>whats stopping you from building her
All the other decks I want to build/am building. Marduchesa, Teeg and Chainer

Combat win cons:
Overrun, Triumph, Hoof Daddy, Seshiro, Driven//Despair (typically more of a tempo play but menace and trample does a lot), Beastmaster Ascension. Overwhelming Stampede

Direct damage:
Obelisk spider, Throne of the god pharaoh, Blood artist

Mill:
Bitter Ordeal, Altar of the Brood

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fuck-hufflepuff-copy/
Budget

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fuck-hufflepuff/
Arms Race
for more ideas

I appreciate that, thank you!

If you have any questions about card choices/budget restrictions ask. The deck is a little wonky but I wanted as many ways to kill people as possible so that you always have a line out

To the Aboshan user from the other thread give me some time to update my list because I've been tweaking it heavily.

she's hot for a queen

Zacama. Try your best to make it a Timmy deck.

>If I ever win, it is due to politics. Not “I won’t kill this if you don’t kill this”, more “kill the guy playing the better deck, thanks”.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/niv-mizzet-lord-of-the-game/
How'd I do with my first edh deck?

when you put it that way, taigam seems to be the winner. any things to keep in mind when building him? obvious traps to avoid in building w/u in general? it'll be my first time building non black or non green

I think you need The Locust God in there. And maybe Alhammerret's Archive. Otherwise, looks like a pretty standard Nig-Mizzle list.

I mean again, I'm just talking traditional values of those color combos and what most people would expect from them. And honestly just pretend Taigam doesn't have the word "dragon" on him. Not that you can't run dragons like O'l Slimy but just don't go overboard. In U/W it's easy to try and become "I am de law eggs dee" but honestly you could even do some sick shit like monk tribal if you really wanted (possibly me projecting because I've kinda wanted to build monk tribal even though it's really only doable in jeskai)

Ignore the silumgar point, got my dragons mixed up, meant Ojutai

I feel like zacama is like ghave in that he will just always combo out no matter what you try to do.

Good point. Still, sounds like a fun deckbuilding challenge.

Hapatra is a lot of fun.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hey-hapatra-nice-asp/

Someone lend me a fun Narset decklist!

Creatureless storm

no kys yourself

Aboshan updated for the user in the other thread.

Noteable cards not included are Reset, as I've yet to purchase a copy, and Mana Vortex/Crucible of Worlds. I have a potential Crucible lined up for 40$ so if I nab that I'll put that and Mana Vortex back in.
I'd also like to fit pic related jank into the deck, but we'll see if I have an efficient cut to make.

>Fun
>Narset
user, I...

There are a few ways to build Narset -- Turns/Combats, Storm, Omniscience Combo, and Chaos come to mind. ALL of them are cancerous and not really fun to pilot. I know, I was excited when she came out, but the margin between making her work and making her an abomination that will either win or get blocked and do literal nothing is a razor's edge on which I'm not sure it's possible to balance.

Ah shit, she seemed fun to pilot. Like, she seems just so good for shenanigans. Well, I'm just gonna stick her into my Shu Yun then.

Narset is a problem commander as you'll end up making two different kinds of decks. The first is jank that will be unsatisfying because the trouble of getting her out and swinging, along with the warp she'll place on table politics will not be worth your jank payoff. This will lead to the construction of the second deck, which is exactly every other Narset deck 'Kill Narset or lose to the first or second swing'

oh baby

Whatever works, man. I’m not the one playing Gitrog. My winrate has frequently gone down when I’ve made improvements to my decks. People like it when the bad deck wins. Just how it is.

He is good for spiritcraft as he is a solid cast at any point in the game and isn’t likely to draw too much fire.

Would help to include a link to the deck I suppose too.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/c-e-p-h-a-l-i-d-s/?cb=1520359776

Oh buddy, you're a cool guy.

>A-U-T-I-S-T-I-C
>F-O-R-M-A-T-T-I-N-G

We're in the most autistic format imaginable in MTG. There's far worse things to be upset about than the formatting for a fucking Squid-Stax deck.

Thanks, it's a pet project to make it work but it's been somewhat successful so far. I'm trying out the Mana severance/Goblin Charbelcher interaction as a definite win con, since before I was running Dramatic Scepter to either mill people out using the Cephalid tap abilities, or draw out to Labman or infinite storm Brain Freeze.

I currently just have my rares in a white card box. Any suggestions on good binders i can find on Amazon?

Will there ever be a day when I don't have to shell $130 for this guy? Will there be a return to Kalladesh where Saheeli and Huatli made robot dinosaurs?

>want to play karametra
>don't want to suck the tables dicks
Existence is suffering

>silver border

not a chance, user

Hey Veeky Forums, I've got a friend who wants to build battling commander decks, but the stipulation is that I must include at least one card from every magic set. I was initially thinking I would need to do some kind of 5-color deck just so I have the biggest pool of lands from all the sets, but was thinking I might try to do a humans deck and get some amount of synergy in the deck. Does anybody have any suggestions, or tried to do something like this before?

>karametra
>dick sucking
hell no son play Green/White animate lands featuring Awaken spells and Nissas. Also feat. special guest chef Kamahl the booty blaster

i did this with breya
it was extremely easy and didnt even really stand out too much

Played with 3 people I've barely know today, won both games with my new Mazirek deck, because people of politicing, with 1 and 2 health remaining respectively

Checked twice, but I run Hapatra and she's hilarious

Why is this card still banned?

>friend keeps talking about how he's got some spice brewing after I mention I'm building a deck thats different from the Uxx hard control and GW decks our friends run
>asking me what a I think about land destruction, I say I don't mind at all but other people in our group might
>he convinces me it's fine because it's not MLD and this deck definitely has wincons
>slaps down Xenagos with a huge grin on his chops
>bring out the deck I've been working on, Heliod
>both beaming because we're the only people that follow the lore
It was glorious.

>begins story with Land D
>isn't shit
wholesome post/10

>playing GW
>NOT sucking dick
I bet you don't even give your opponents opposite footjobs to ensure your spells resolve.
You're out of the guild.

Oh dang I didn't think of using her, I guess that would cover a ton of sets. Any outstanding cards you would recommend?

>implying I play the sissyfag faction and not being a member of Ghost-Dad master race
What's it like needing to go outside on a leash?

Whenever I play at a table with high power decks, the games either end within a few turns because someone tutored some ridiculous combo or it drags on for hours with nothing happening because everyone blocks everyone else and everything gets wrathed and countered.

Whenever I play at a table with low skill decks, the games are funny and unpredictable and there is room for diplomacy and janky combos.

So tell me, what exactly is wrong with a Craw Wurm meta?

>masturbate two creatures back and forth for 3 mana with free buyback
I dunno
Compare it with Hell's Caretaker and ask again

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/domestic-abuse-2/

Rate my deck please.

If it includes janky combos then it's not a craw wurm meta.

Scaled wurm is objectively better than craw wurm

>Any outstanding cards you would recommend?
your hardest decsions come from homelands era sets but even then theres at least one WTF level spell per set and when you are in 4 colors, one of which being blue (and not to mention the artifact synergy)you just take something like merchant scroll over jank
found some cool stuff

>Breya destroys all land
>gets btfo
>I still have lands in hand, skullclamp and Oracle of mul daya out
>but it hosed the Dragon deck and locust god
>ramp out again to win 5 turns later
Not all LD is bad ld

Nothing, but Craw Wurm's strict definition is malleable. Upgraded precons are craw wurm compared to the decks I run, and a pile of jank that can't mana fix is craw wurm compared to them. Everyone assumes they're the best, so when I go play in someone's "craw wurm" meta, I wind up shitting on them with upgraded precons, when they were expecting dingus tribal or some other nonsense.

nah but most Land D players are brainlets who don't understand when to blow up all lands. Like there's a guy in my group who honestly thinks "if I blew up all the lands I won even if I lose first because it annoys people xd"

Leash isn't mandatory if the cage is on, don't you feel silly.

I have blood moon, coffers and tomb, do these go in any rakdos deck or no?

Here's the list:
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rakdos-staxdos/

>Here's the list:

I mean look whatever makes you happy, so long as nobody else is hurt in the process

I fucked up user forgive me

>so long as nobody else is hurt in the process
what a faggy way to live your life

Ah neat. Thanks for the help!

I mean on the other side of the coin I could say your argument makes you edgy. Let people do what they will user, but don't go shoving it down other people's throats

>Let people do what they will user
no thats how we end up in the shitter
we have rules for a reason, user.

Why do people want the reserved list gone? The cards I see there are either ridiculously overpowered or literal trash, with nothing in between. Are these people just stupid or what?

Does Sidisis effect work from the command zone?

why would it

>Sidisis
wut

No.

its the dual lands
thats all

some people want to play legacy i guess

i don't think edh would be improved with the abolishment of the reserved list at all. there aren't really any expensive "fun" cards on the list that i can think of

OG Duals, and a lot of shit from Legends like Nether Void, Chains, Invoke Prejudice, Tabernacle, and Living Plane. Plus some random fucking locked cards like Thunder Spirit.

WE JUST WANT THE DUAL LANDS FOR FUCKS SAKE

JUST GIVE US SOME LANDS WITH BASIC LAND TYPES THAT PRODUCE MANA OF TWO DIFFERENT COLORS WITH NO DRAWBACK

FUCK

>How does your group engage with/handle table politics, if at all?
>Two people always team up regardless of board position
>One person will intentionally throw away his board position to fuck you over because you destroyed his Sol Ring on turn two
>One person will always go after the strongest person
>One person always spreads around the hate
>One person always goes after the better player
>One person always goes after me. Honestly, he's probably the smart one.

It's a god damn mess.

That's clearly broken.

>tfw a friend of mine decides to build Dagsson
>First game he gets out a Myr Turbine, Unwinding Clock and Possessed Portal

We have never been violated in such a manner before, holy fuck

mana fixing is already almost too good in edh, plus all this does is help the people who already have og duals (giving them a second set wew) on top of the fact that they cant reprint anything that is even FUNCTIONALLY the same as things on the RL
were fucked
best to just ban the whole format

I wonder what did you expect

Something like lattice, forge and disk or some other artifact shenanigans. Did not expect stax

>tfw no jund -1/-1 counters general
>tfw no jund lands based general

IT ISN'T BROKEN WHEN EVERYONE HAS THEM

>You can't have permanents anymore
>Not stax
Is this a joke?

wotc will reprint functional dual lands for commander mark my words. the only difference is that they will all be legendary