mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

First for soup

THIS PEASANT WILL FUCK UP YOUR PRIMARCH!

>mfw when all non Tau players in my store refuse to play Tau players again just like in 7th

>Hey Bro, wanna play my Tau? Riptide wing and Stormsurge etc? With my broken and cheap game winning CPs? Bork’an sept of course
>Nah, I want to have fun

>literally exactly the same legs as the chickenwalkers
Why
They work for the chickenwalkers because they're a light silly fast attack unit, how am I supposed to take this thing seriously?

It's about that time my dude
As a Guardfag, it feels bad that I will face this. What are my doods going to do? Kerplinko with their pussy ass lasguns within easy death range from 60 s5 21" shots? Cry as their Leman Russ gets obliteraded by a rapetide? Commit sudoku as the ogryn they sent in to handle said rapetide get rekt by its 14" flamer equivalents?

Know the feeling, I don't play Tau but most of the guys at my store are also bad.

So why play 40k at all?

Greater good always wins gue'la.

Take the correct soup choices to blast apart their anus?

>They work for the chickenwalkers because they're a light silly fast attack unit, how am I supposed to take this thing seriously?
because they ARE the light scouting versions of knights?

You don't have to rub it in matey

We can however share a laugh at the idiots who sold their armies and will now rebuy them.

40K 8TH EDITION! ENJOY YOUR TASTELESS BLAND SOUP! DRINK BLEACH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO!

I want to fight an army of them with my dreadnoughts. Then we'll see who fucks up who

>Have played Tau since 4th but took a break during 6th-7th only starting in 8th
I never played when tau were even good yet people still hold some kind of irrational hatred towards me

I want Torchstar to rub it in my face

Are singular factions like Tau, Orks, Necrons going to be purposefully OP by design to keep up with the soup lists available to Imperium/Aeldaeaeri/Chaos?

Is it time?

face pussy time

HOPEFULLY

Can't wait to see all the Guardfag tears on these boards after March balance and Xeno codex updates. It is going to be fantastic.

Well, assuming this is a gunline because we've taken all of the range-boosting buffs we can, there's gonna be a LOT of stuff around them to pull some FTGG fuckery.

(I'm assuming we're talking about turn 1 charges here because I'm not taking into account any turns of shooting and whittling away these units have beforehand)

also if they've got the pulse accelerator drone they'll likely have the grav inhibitor drone, reducing the chances of a successful charge and forcing 2 turns of FTGG with a turn of volley fire shooting and stratagems in between.

Quite honestly I don't research what could threaten my lists - I feel like I get more value out of the game by learning organically how to tweak my list and what enemy units do what, rather than spoil all the learning for myself by researching every army - so I could well have missed some unit that will counter everything I've just mentioned. If you know so then say - I'm not against discussing it here, I just wouldn't actively research it!

so is the tau codex op or shit
I've been reading claims all over the spectrum

>start IG in 3rd with the second codex
>it's shit
>everyone tells me it's shit and that I'm shit for choosing a shit codex
>just try to make it work
>5e rolls around
>now I'm the worst person for having IG, even though the biggest change was some valkyries I got
>and again in 8e, despite my army being pretty much what it had been since 3e

Pretty good but not as good as 7th.

It looks okay and people are meme-ing.

i play guard and tau and i can say gaurd can rip tau apart.
>Cry as their Leman Russ gets obliteraded by a rapetide?
do you only bring one leman russ? in 2000pt I bring 3-5 and I always make them commanders.

Would make sense with nids

that was fast

Sorry grandpa, you need to catch up.

Probably not, GW doesn't design well.

I'm the guy you replied to - at the moment it looks like it has some good combos but I have no idea if they make it OP or I'm just getting excited

Goddamn it I hate ynnari so fucking much. Just let me play my deldar.

i miss the tourney i saw some years ago, where a super chill and friendly ork player won, faching a lot of waaac lists, even tau.

He also helped the young necron player which sometime forgot his own rules, by being calm and remembering the stuff since he knew the necron codex.

Best part was when the necron player wasn't sure about how many hits some weapon should have done and he just removed 12 boyz from the squad, even if the casaulties would have be less.

Have we had any rough points leaks on these guys yet? Working out an AdMech walker army

>Commandier reroll
>2cp
>Reroll one dice made by your opponent

is the game better or worse?

What is the point of the Borkan strat?
literally shit

Are 5-man Krieg Grenadier squads in centaurs pointless?

Yeah I don't see a grav inhibitor drone doing anything against the unit I'm concerned about which is Warp Timed Tzaangors. We have 0 ability to stop the spell from going off and if does the unit will be 3.01" away from the unit its charging with +1 to all charge rolls.

Ultimately its the Tzaangor bomb paired with a cultist bomb that worries me. Tzaangors come in, Warp Time goes off, they trap a unit in combat so they can't be shot at (or double fight for a HUGE out of phase movement that you can't FTGG) and the cultist bomb shows up and just fucking blasts down whatever they shoot at (to give you an idea, they'll do, with average rolls, 8 wounds to something like a Y'varah).

no. I imagine they'll be a bit over 200 each

>Tau pulse rifles with 36 inch range

Is there a worse faction in fluff, gameplay, and playerbase than the T'''''''au?

I really hope that they'll add some options once this thing getsreleased separately. I hate that double chainsword with a passion.

worse.

do people actually call other peoples armies shit or tell them they are shit for just playing a faction?
I could understand if you brought some crazy cheese shit like 3 baneblades in a 2000pt.
or is my lsg just not full of fags?

Space wolves

Mobile artillery ready to serve.

Orks are so weird. The majority of them seem to be cancerous mental five year olds that think talking like a retard, never thinking about rules and screaming all the time is fun. And they think everyone likes them so much. Then there are some normal dudes, and the ones that are left are the chillest 40k players ever. Great hobbyists, great painters, great sports that know the setting and the game and are generally cool people.

The ones you play.

Effectively it gives you access to 2 re-roll strats in the shooting phase (just with one with the specific caveat of re-rolling number of shots).

Marines

We can go farther.

Your dudes>Canon dudes

lmao no

You forgot the extra 6" from the pulse accelerator drone gue'la

I know that feel
>tfw lost my 3rd edition dex

What if my dudes are canon dudes?

Each Codex makes me not want to play 40k more and more. The power creep is retarded.

you're lame

Kek this picture

i am very lucky to have only met super chill or funny ork players here in italy.
i also play orks, and the only obnoxious or ass players where just a couple of teens.
a slim one and a chubby one

The necrons in the box game are about 500 points. If you put the mini knights at around 150 the AdMech also comes out at about 500.

That works for me
>1 Dominus
>1 Enginseer
>2x5 rangers
>1x10 vanguard
>3x2 Dragoons
>2x1 Onagers
>1 Knight Castigator
>1490 points
So two babby knights should round it out nicely

Yes, and?

Get better - the 2 most recent books aren't as good as the 2017 offerings.

*42 with PAD drone
21 inch rapid fireadd some warlord trait and its -1 AP on 6s

She looks gorgeous user. Im sure her sisters agree.

Aren't these boxes known for having pretty big point disparities?

>42 inches.

My group did back in 3rd when I started with Tau bitched until I started Chaos/Khorne then went back to Tau I also lernt none of them knew the rules and that games could be played in under 6 hours.

Now some are chill but one has a couple of models from every army so he can jump onto whatever is strong under the I have always "played" insert army.

>
Field Craft gives +1 to his save in cover, on top of the normal cover save. For the rest, well, learn about Kroot mate

>
Here is the new version. How does it look?

all turn one charges are easily avoided depending on deployment
deep strikes can be stopped by drones and super fast armies can be stopped by screening units and deploying farther away.
finally those 2 units of fire warriors are only like 80pts each.

Vertical terrain will also stop this in its tacks

Catachan gets it as a freebie on every vehicle each time it fires

>42" pistol
Sign me the fuck up

It looks okay. Nowhere near as meta-defining as 6ed was, but with half decent internal balance and pretty great combo potential. I can imagine they'll play like AdMech, where for the most part they're a boring gunline, but more imaginative lists can use their stratagems to pull off some really weird shit.
I can also really see tau soup being a thing, their sept chapter tactics really seem to benefit some types of units more than others, so I can see a farsight enclaves coldstar commander in a supreme command detachment running alongside a t'au hammerhead detachment and a bork'an gunline.

jesus fucking christ how is that balanced
>people actually wanted them to have BS3+

Guardfags. Acting like underdogs with the best codex so far.

my friend has been using these boys by dumping them out of a valkyrie and then them just charging and instakilling pretty much any unit. After that they just roam about murdering anything that gets close. anyone else faced them before? The fact that the stim boosts are permanent turns the boss into a vehicle eating demon.

>want to play orks
>don't want to buy second hand models because shipping fees are ridiculous and don't want to fuck with removing paint etc
Life of poorfag is suffering

Triple tap at 21'' mark btw thanks to Fireblades

It varies, Dark Imperium is actually decent.

>using GW's modelling as a source
Most art of shadowsun makes it look like she would be fairly okay looking if she stopped screaming for half a second.

What army do you play user?

(Honest question)

If you don't put more than 7" (could be a lot more) between your drone screen and another unit it doesn't work because of the fight again stratagem. Ultimately yeah vertical terrain is an answer but no tournaments I know of have enough for me to put my whole army on. And it isn't about him killing the FWs, it about him wrapping them in combat, preventing fallback and thus rendering me unable to shoot.

Imperial Guard
Shitty early codices

Watch eBay like a hawk. I just got a second hand chaos pred that needs a bit of work for £12.50.

>all turn one charges are easily avoided depending on deployment
Death Company says hello

>marker lights
>ethereal giving reroll ones
get ready to cry

That's because it's the starter for "the most play tested edition". IIRC wasn't Dark Vengeance pretty stacked in Dangles favour?

>IG dex
>bad
nigger what, just because Eldar and Tau are going to be batshit OP again doesn't mean the Guard's dex is shit

Eldar
Dark Eldar
Harlequins
Thousand Sons
Alpha Legion
Nurgle Demons
Tzeentch Demons

Screens stop them from being efficient.

>Gears of War boob armour
Dropped

No point in using ebay in Poland. I can buy something for $10 but I have to pay $15 shipping

Oh and Death Guard.

Stripping "pro painted" models is the poor fag way.

scrubbing away layers on poorly painted models makes you feel like an archaeologist.

The retards are loose again. There is nothing good about the riptide "buffs".

>IIRC wasn't Dark Vengeance pretty stacked in Dangles favour?
Yes and no
They get a promo character in later printings which of course skews the balance, but for actual games the cultists were pretty strong and the supposed marine points advantage is because marines are fucking terrible and they wanted to roughly balance the armies for head on slugfests newbies play.