mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

So Riptides are making a comeback, what are some good counter-tactics?

reminder that GW NA are fuckups.

reposting in new bread:

>year and a half ago
>decide to go to my local warhammer store, to pick up a few models based on units I liked in dawn of war and fluff
>told, going in, that the GW staff are super aggressive
>instead, have a long conversation about a world I was just starting to develop interest in
>his actual love and enthusiasm inspired me to buy more models
>now I have 4 armies and spend several hours a week playing games at the store
>said store owner suddenly quit, letting the temp guy take over, while being groomed to take over
>NA GW proceeded to be a total cunt, stringing the guy along for 3 months
>the former store owner finally opened up about what he was dealing with behind the scenes

fuck me. Most of the community from the store is now boycotting the store, we're going to FLGS instead.

which is a shame because the other ones are a good half hour extra commute.

Are primaris marines as close to movie marines as you can get?

INDEED FELLOW BURGER POSTER

*blocks your path*

-1 to hit. shoot them. punch them.

I plan to Jinx them and then hit em with the old double hemlock set up.

Tonight's thread topic:

Which army has the most interesting backstory?

I've always been a fan of the backstory of the Eldar myself, how all that's left is a few scattered fragments of their race floating on these massive crystalline ships through space. Plus their warhosts and the Avatar are really cool.

>tfw i just got the prime ork pun

*flies over path*

I think the concept of the eldar path is really cool, as well as this idea that their language is heavily based on non verbal gestures but none of the fluff seems to really do justice to either

Man, I hope my GW store manager isn't going through this sort of hell. He's pretty cool aside from pushing marine merch a little too hard and his store is never dead. For all that's good about America, our corporate culture is fucking ass.

I’m not sure about backstory, but the Deldar fluff has always been awesome to me. From the dark city to realspace piracy, everything they do just follows the Rule is Cool to near perfection
>t. Taufag

your dudes have the most interesting backstory

Squats.

Our groups just gonna start going to the LGS if this shit happens

>no analog in fantasy
>functioning communism
>not fantasy

You're alright, user.

What's the best artillery for IG? Is it still Basilisk, or is the Wyvern a good one too?

For me it's the AdMech and it's part of why I got into them.
They're a secretive theocracy that pays lipservice loyalty to the Emperor and goes about looking for secret old technology that they don't know how to work, but believe in pseudo-scientific magitech when things just happen to work and try religious means when tech doesn't work.

Basilisks and Manticores.

Going to be entering a tournament soon with Guard. I have no idea what I'll be going up against, but I've gone up against Eldar with -1/-2 to hit and Mortarion with -1 to hit and I lost to both. Are Tank Commanders worth it for their improved BS in this situation? I want Hellhounds, but I don't have access to them, I just have access to double Heavy Flamer Chimeras.

Any advice for tournament scenes?

Depending on where you are in the US that is unfortunately not an option. My city is cursed.

Russfag here that had his recast shit broken on purpose by the store manager after he cleaned, and painted it. I sent a letter to GW about him just breaking my shit and whatever else happened and I'm waiting to see what they do about it. Anyone know what I should expect?

Necrons. They dug quite the hole for themselves with their technological pursuits. Also how the weapons they created to shatter the C'tan is quite fascinating to ponder about, what effect they must have had on the Necrons themselves as well that they had to go into hibernation because of them.

Dark lances. Or -1 to hit venoms and wait for the mortal wounds to kill them.

Our LGS is like 30 minutes away, so its a bit of a hassle but we'd be down if it meant we could play with whatever we wanted and not have to have shit pushed on us.

Mortal wounds. They're pretty tough, especially if they get first turn with that 3++. Tau have no way to stop you from smiting the shit out of their suits, though.

Laughter?

Just punch the cunt in the face, see how he tries to justify himself to the police when he's breaking your property

What was broken exactly?

>Salutes the venerable warrior

PSA

Tau are eldar lite with mecha flavoring and a dollop of communism

>ignores cover on ML chart now 3 instead of 4
How is this supposed to be bad? Everyone seems to claim this is a nerf, but IMO this seems strictly better than the other one (which you can get extremely easily in a number of other ways anyway)

I don't know Guard well enough to offer a lot of competitive list building advice. That said I can offer some general tournament advice:

>Know the Scenarios, Practice them
A major element of most tournaments is playing to the scenario and playing inside the time limit. One of the things you can do to speed this up and succeed is to practice the missions so when you get there day of you know exactly what you're going to do.

>Get you some pre-sort dice
Time limits are a thing. I buy several different colored dice and break them out into quantities of common roles. So for example I have 20 dice for my cultists (because they shoot in multiples of 20) and then I have 15 different dice for my Plaguebearers (because its a 30 man unit), this can really help speed up your game.

>Watch Battle Reports
Spend some time watching battle reports online. You may not get to play everything but battle reports can really key you in on what's strong, what's doing well, and you can see how you might have to deal with them.

Hope this helps!

He snapped Russ' axe, and made that cut into the scenic base you see there. Its a pretty deep cut.

See, I really would have if the faggot wasn't a marine

How have you not migrated to an LGS already? GW stores are fucking tiny where I am in CA and they only attract middle school kids and autists.

>Redemptor dreadnought
>half again the points value of a regular boxnaught
>really just an armful of heavy bolter dice
>anti-tank option is unreliable amount of dakka
>stat reduction means it only takes 7 wounds for it to become ineffective
>D6 damage fist means it can underperform regular dreads in close combat
>still only 4 attacks in CC
>no smoke launchers
>no invul save despite cost

>most poseable dreadnought model
>easy build version is cheaper than all others
>massive conversion potential
Why must I be tormented like this

Tau are weeaboo space commies hastily slapped together to replace the glorious Squats. Only the most raging faggots ever liked the Tau from Day One.

It's literally in walking distance is the only reason

Would getting a trojan and/or salamander to support my baneblade be too WAAC in casual play?

>just letting it happen
at some point it becomes your fault

t.Assblasted Grognard

But see, here's what happened. I walked outside with a buddy to my car real quick to grab something. Didn't realize when I came back that some faggot had dug in my models and pulled him out. It stayed there over night and thats when the manager got suspicious and started fucking with it. He couldn't tell the difference, so he decided to fucking break it.

I'm operating on too few hours of sleep to read and understand all of that, TL;DR it for me someone?

I can honestly say that I would prefer to ignore penalties sooner than ignore a +1 to armor save that the opponent may not even be benefiting from. With a BS 4+, having a -1 is really annoying to deal with when advancing if I fail to get my third markerlight on a target.

what happened prior to him breaking it?

destruction of property is a legal case. .

what if it wasnt a recast tho

Where are you hearing that? The leaks I saw said that the ML table wasn't getting any changes at all.

Warhammer Fantasy. The setting, not a genre.

I feel you man, while I feel the redemptor brings a good amount of firepower to the table it's just too damn fragile for its cost, at least give it something like T8 and 2+ especially considering the lore describes it as being more heavily armored than regular dreadnoughts

I have one, I love how it looks but it's just too mediocre. I wonder if people would be okay with me proxying it as a leviathan?

>GW treated store owner like garbage when he was trying to foster a local community
>all the shit he was dealing with led him to needing therapy
>finally quit, handed the reins to the temp guy
>temp guy was strung along for 3 months, working minimum wage for full time hours
>after all that, screwed out of the job

My only other option is a shithole store that's a model train shop with like 4 tables that are covered in the detritus of their weird consignment store. Also if you're anywhere in southern CA you're majorly spoiled for good FLGSs.

GW in the Americas are shit lickers who try to run things like Walmart and piss everyone off in the process.

Has anyone got the audiobook files for the beast arises?

Considering just backstory rather than overall lore, then I guess the Imperium as a whole has the edge on grounds of how in depth it's been covered. AdMech and SoB are particularly interesting though, whereas SM and IG are pretty meh. Aside from that, the whole War in Heaven and the fall of the Eldar after that make for some real cool stories.

My favorite faction are the Tau, but their backstory is fairly straightforward.

Lemme guess, he's also a guard player ?

For the carapace and the weapons I would go with black. Makes the green pop more.

What am I gonna do take him to court for $25?

Exactly why I sent a letter to GW

see
nah bangles

I think I read it on the Tau subreddit somewhere, I don't immediately remember.

Is this the start of yet another chain where people get assblasted about the Tau being none of those things and other people show they know nothing about the lore but memes?

Does vallejo produce a decent blue-black color? Something like tyre black or corax black?

It'd end up too dark. Old school genestealer grey complete with drybrushing could work though.

I keep rereading that to see if it's got something special to it, but it really is just a more restrictive version of the reroll a die stratagem.

>Dreadnought
>Venerable dreadnought
>Ironclad dreadnought
>Siege dreadnought
>Mortis Dreadnought
>Contemptor dreadnought
>Relic contemptor dreadnought
>Relic mortis contemptor dreadnought
>Relic deredeo dreadnought
>Relic leviathan dreadnought
>redemptor dreadnought

Was there any reason for him to suspect it was a recast? Does he now know for sure it is a recast? Because breaking other people's potential legit FW models is just... well, maybe not reason enough to shoot the guy, but ...

>love the chunky smol boxnoughts
>hear the rumours of a new dreadnought and get worried about it making them obsolete
>model is gangly and awkward
>rules are decidedly mediocre
>fluff has it literally kill its occupants
part of me is sad there's a plastic dreadnought I don't like the look of, but the other part of me is glad I don't have to buy a bunch of new dreadnoughts

Literally only thing putting him off was me saying I didn't have a receipt for it.

Tau are meme edition is the title of the thread.

allows you to save your 'reroll any dice' for later.

From the Guard perspective:
They get one unit per turn that's gunna have 6 gimped lascannon shots or 18 Assault cannon shots. So brace to lose 3/4 of an infantry unit or about half a tank per turn. The rest will either novacharge the gun in which case focus fire it, or they'll novacharge the shields in which case ignore it or even charge it while it's firepower is still low.

I wish they'd release the new points rebalance already. The wait is killing me and I'd really like to just rebuild my list and get it over with!

You get to use your re-roll a dice stratagem on a different roll.

I mean, taking him to court is a meme but letting it go is also a meme. what if HQ tells you to eat a dick?

pfffff fuck i don't think i have a receipt for any of my legitimate FW stuff.

if someone started breaking my shit on that basis I'd be livid

>people show they know nothing about the lore
m8 I have a stack of White Dwarfs from the early 90's around here somewhere. I remember a time when army-specific codices weren't a thing and if you wanted more dudes, you played Epic.

lets be real he probably had suspicions for another reason, I'm guessing he didn't ask for receipts for literally every other model

What the fuck can I do though?

I know right? The fucker almost told me to eat a dick when I brought in an actual fw boxnaught, took a friend telling him to fuck off about it that he let me bring it in.

Kek, catachans do it for free

The trojan+superheavy combo is a REALLY powerful thing to bring, user. Baneblade isn't as bad as shadowsword, but still you owe it to the other guy to at least warn him in advance because if he's not prepared the game will be really unfun for him.

So yes, too good for casual unless the other guy knows and plans for it.

>t. doubletrackIGfaggot

But see, he did. He's asked other people for receipts before that were legit FW stuff.

I don't know what a T'au is, nor do I play warhammer. But reading that title for the first time made me assume you were speaking some strange dialect of french I've never seen.

I'll keep that in mind user. Thanks. I love my baneblade, and it usually puts in work, but I wanted to get rid of the last vestiges of souping.

Thought as much. The Wyvern looked good for anti-infantry blobs, but it has too short of a range for me.

well that sounds like not a fun store at all. idk what you can do about it tho. maybe create incentive for GW to get another manager?

That's a silly assumption, why would anyone be speaking French when there's an alternative?

>What the fuck can I do though?
You can take him to court, call him a cunt, complain to HQ, or fucking murder him and use his skeleton to fashion a chair. You don't have a lot of options because that last one is still illegal in most countries.

Mess with his community, start a rumor with him breaking your models to pieces if you don't bring a receipt, bash his store on normiebook, he can't do shit either

I would like to thank all the autists for the (you)s from the previous threads. I had a blast and almost filled my quota for the day.

Tau are memes, and memes are the soul of the nation.
The memes of tau'va will spread and blind the chaos of the galaxy with blinding hot hope and plasma-fire.

I personally take all-tank commanders though another recommended configuartion is all tank commanders except 1 (using inspired tactics to order that 1 regular).

A Battle Cannon firing at 77% accuracy all the time is awesome. Also consider the plasma cannon and just constantly overheat it with the reroll; you gain AP at the expense of range for a more reliable 2 damage instead of D3. Me personally I prefer the look and function of the BC since it can hit anywhere on the board it can see. Plus, anything with a feel-no-pain is going to negate the advantages of 2D over d3D.

Remember the -1 to hit is generally from a distance greater than 12". Vostroyans can counter with a +1BS strategem, and Catachans are almost as good in melee as in shooting.

It went to shit as soon as he started losing sales in the awkward period where 8th was announced so no one wanted to buy anything

I've done everything there short of murder and taking him to court cause I don't wanna risk taking someone to court over a $25 model.

Definitely done this already, told the regulars and dudes in the shop about him breaking my shit and they all think he's a cunt and buy from somewhere else.

filename checks out

That should also be reason enough to give GW a call and complain about his behavior. Like, does he also constantly ask for to see your drivers permit? What an ass.

I'd still insist your model is legit FW and demand he buys you a new one, or your report him to GW HQ. Then report him anyway

>2018
>still believing frenchniggers won't invade the civilised world as soon as they get out of their shitholes

Actually FW still have receipt of what you purchased on their website. Go to your account and check it.

I ordered all my FW through a local store, there's no trace of this. not the guy with the broken russ tho

thats assuming the dude didn't buy it in person like I did

Yep, they've already started an investigation into the whole thing. Not sure if its gonna lead anywhere, wish the fucker would lose his job though.

If the alternative is exterminatus of the darkies that's just one more reason to never speak French.