rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D- 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etool.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tool/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/ - Peasant Economics:
Thread Questions:
-Does the setting in which your current campaign is set have equestrian cultures?
-Outside of Orcs and Elves, are there any fantasy races you would associate with an equestrian nomadic culture?
-Have you subjected your players/been subjected by your DM to an encounter in which cavalry/anti-cavalry figured heavily? How did it go?

Other urls found in this thread:

rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Say you are in a situation where you make deals with devils for power but only have 8 charisma, how do you represent that other than taking warlock levels? Alternatively could you still be an effective warlock with only 8 charisma?

Hello! Newfriend here wanted to ask about the Stunned condition, how can a player apply this to an enemy? Is it a skill that you learn based on your class (i know that there are spells that stun) but what about melee classes?

Monks can apply it with Stunning Strike, that's about it

FUCK, well thanks!

I know the trove link is down right now or else I'd just grab Volo's, but can someone drop the Aasimar stats and traits for me please? The subraces too if you would be so kind.

Use 5etools, they've added Lore sections to their race tab.

Shitfuck OP, the trove link is wrong, not down.
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

Look here.

Have you ever played a character who hailed from another plane?

You can't multiclass into warlock without at least 13 cha. Other than that, magic initiate (warlock) could work, or you could take cleric levels instead with a fitting domain for the not!patron.

They all get +2 charisma base

Ah you're right I forgot about that.

You can still pull off being a bladelock. A Hexblade or Celestial Warlock is FUNCTIONAL, but barely so; the Hexblade's Curse still works more or less, and since the Celestial's 1d6 healing die don't use your charisma modifier they work the same, though you'd only be able to use one at a time.

If you stick entirely to utility spells (no save-or-suck or attack roll spells) you can also still function. Spells like Hex, Cloud of Daggers, Shadow Blade, Fly, Danse Macabre, Conjure Fey and others are all usable.

Overall you'd be a shittier Eldritch knight, but a monoclass 8-cha Warlock is definitely doable.

As says, remember that you can't multiclass until you have the prerequisites of both classes.

>Great Old One Warlock seduces the princess of the kingdom
>Sneaks into her bedroom whispering sweet nothings and promises of love every night
>His subtle madness seeps into her her soul transforming her love into a love of passionate covetousness
>Unknown to the player she now plots to kill her father and brother so that she may place him on the the throne next to her
I have always wanted to use a yandere woman as an NPC and this is finally a good chance.

A normal PC will probably only care that this impacts his adventuring. He'd suggest she take Warlock levels and join her instead.

How can I add monster templates onto other monster types? I have an Ogre Mage NPC who is about to become a lich and I am unsure of how I should stat this out.

Use the lich stat block, apply any ogre racial traits to it

You can make a Warlock with a low charisma. Charisma isn't used for everything, just as the primary stat isn't used for everything on many full-casting classes. Charisma is used as your casting stat, and thus affects your spell save DC and spell attack modifier. Some warlock features, such as specific invocations and patrons, will also use Charisma. Out of the PHB, Great Old One doesn't require charisma on any of its features, although many of its bonus spells do. Unfortunately, fiend pact does get stronger if you have a good charisma score, but only on the first feature.

If you cast spells that never require a save or don't require attack rolls, and don't select invocations or patrons that use Charisma, you can build a Warlock with a -1 modifier. It's not wise, but it's totally doable and isn't a horrible idea. Take a look at the spell list, first, and see if there's spells you'd be happy taking.

Pact of the Blade and Fiend Patron isn't bad as a non-Charisma Warlock, for instance. It's not optimal, but it's not bad. It does suck that you can't take some of the good invocations for Warlock, but you can make due without them.

Thanks guys

Say then you already have someone who is a plain fighter and he goes and makes deals with devils for power, what would you have the devils give him?

Actually, thinking about it, if you go all in with Bladelock invocations and take Eldritch Smite you can function as a shitty paladin. For most of the game, you'll be ahead of the paladin because you're a full caster.
Since you're just giving up on Charisma altogether you can pump it into dex or constitution. With improved pact weapon, you can cast while wielding a halberd/two-handed weapon.
I actually want to try playing an 8-cha bladelock now. No need to worry about MAD if you just pretend you're a shitty bladelock.

Thoughts?

If he just asked for power in general? Maybe an imp familiar, or a magic weapon

The game is a combat light intrigue heavy game where the players are all nobles plotting to install themselves in places of power.

The warlock has been trying to use the princess as an in with the king so that the party can try to push for war with a neighboring kingdom. A kingdom with lands full of riches that they want to seize for their own. They have been trying to avoid regicide as it can lead to civil war.

A level in death domain or war domain could both represent that if you're not comfortable spending an entire ASI for your "blessing."

I could see that working.
Its a fairly grim setting this hypothetical scenario is set in. There is only one really "good" afterlife and thats only available to a few creatures. The regular underworld is a lot like the greek underworld where its just sort of generally unpleasant but worse because there is shit down there that might fuck you up.

The other option for power I was considering for my dude was somehow becoming some form of undead who still possesses their mental faculties.

that's a decent monster you have senpai. Just be aware that things that add exhaustion or do damage to a statistic (like a Shadow's Strength drain) can start a death-spiral when a player starts missing rolls. But nothing wrong with that, just gotta be careful when you use them.

I would maybe add a note that says the aura can be mitigated by Water Breathing effects.

Fix the fucking trove link for god's sake you tards rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

Anyone have any encounters or ideas to help my party bond/roleplay? They barely talk to eachother.

I was gonna create the new thread with it fixed, but shitlord OP created it at page 8 instead of 9/10.
If the new thread isn't fixed by the time I wake up tomorrow, I'll have to create one at page 7 to rerail things.

Okay guys I got a really autistic question here.

If I were playing a bladesinger wizard/any other gish class with misty step, would it be a good idea to misty step into the air above a large creature and do a plunging attack on it? How do DMs usually rule this sort of thing?

Really depends on the DM in question. Varies from game to game and how experienced/rules lawyer your DM is.

Force them to strategize. Put them in an arena or something, just two of them at a time. Make sure they've got class synergy, and tell them flat out, in character, that they have time to strategize before their match in the arena.

Separate them in a dungeon with little ways to communicate with each other, a pair of sending stones, or scraps of parchment that share messages written on them, for example.
Then fill the dungeon with puzzles that can only be solved by them talking it out. One of my favorite tricks was a chessboard that the barbarian could play on but he couldn't see the pieces. The wizard in the other room, however, was surrounded by these things and if he got in their way, they would attack him. The cleric had a top down view of the chess board the wizard was on but he couldn't see the wizard. There was a rogue that could squeeze through holes into different rooms and carry the two sending stones to players but it would take him time to do so that they didn't have since the chessboard would move every round, regardless of what the other players were doing.

I have a few more tricks planned for later in similar dungeons if you're interested

Hey I like that idea, two at a time might be perfect for my situation. In your experience has strategizing more helped roleplaying? I feel like they would just focus to much on the technical aspect of the combat.

So how many of you guys have tortured a character before? I'm talking Griffith tier.

I have a plan to swipe up some of my parties favorite NPCs/loved ones to get them/one of them to get an item for the bad guys for their safe return.

Has this plan ever worked for anyone while I'm at it?

Woah, that's some next level coordination from both players and DM. I actually have almost the same party.

If the problem is them barely talking, then I think the first step is to get them talking. Of course, if the specific problem is them not talking IN-CHARACTER, then you could try to subtly encourage them to strategize in character, somehow. Maybe force them to roll knowledge checks so they know what or who they're likely to fight.

Best way to be a ghost boy?
Shadow sorcerer seems close but also seems like it takes forever to get there.
Hexblades also get access to summoning specters...
Anyway to have a solid ghost theme?

Here's all I can think of:
Anything that has access to necromancy spells, ancestor barb, and hexblade.

We were going to torture some guys once but we end up just killing them right away after we got fed up with what they said.

Once tortured some cult dude. Shoved a heated dagger tip under his nails and carved a name into his back.

He wasn't very helpful despite the DM asking for intimidation rolls, me getting 25+, and him being a nameless grunt. He had surprisingly strong resolve.

Yeah, it took some figuring out, but I'm pretty proud of their solution. See, the cleric couldn't see the WIZARD in the room, but once the rogue failed his stealth check running across the chess board (and almost got killed by a bishop), they figured to stick the stones with the cleric and barb while the rogue helped showing where the wizard was while watching each other's backs.

It gave the wizard a chance to step back from his leadership role and let someone else give directions a chance. It also put the rogue out of his comfort zone, being spotted on purpose. Overall, a good time

I'd say some homebrew shit would be the easiest way nigga

Has anyone got any supps on house decorating costs?

i.e. how much would beds/wardrobes/kitchens etc be if you wanted to furnish an empty house.

Plunging attack doesn't exist RAW

My players have done this, I just have both the player and his target take 1d6 per 10 ft. fallen, like falling rules. Maybe give the player an acrobatics check to not take the damage or half it? Ask your DM what he thinks about this.

yeah makes sense, but desu I love me some good ol working within RAW to accomplish a theme

My bad guys will have taken control of a local magic shop (Owned by A Sorcerer & Wizard) and will wait ever so patiently for the party to return back to the city and will start taking more people, important people & loved ones until their demands are met. If I'm lucky I will be able to swipe up a PC too and really get the fun started (Removal of all their items & materials with only their clothing to go back with).

False! Jump off a roof/acrobatic jump off a wall and stab a guy!

Have a "warm-up" session akin to icebreakers in a classroom or AA meeting. Ask them fun questions like "what's the drunkest you've ever been" or "how do you feel about your siblings, if any?"

When your PCs get to know each other more, start getting them invested (or at least aware of) each other's backstories in-depth. "What are your biggest fears?" and "What's your ultimate dream?" type questions.

The DM just wanted to show you how DEVOTED and SECRETIVE even rank and file was. You know
>They're unlike anything you've seen before
(no, they're not)

>False! Jump off a roof/acrobatic jump off a wall and stab a guy!

Ok roll your normal attack with disadvantage.

God those things are the worst.

Only if you're an autist who has no idea how to roleplay.

Why? That's just using your movement to reach a creature and attack them, nothing in the rules say moving and attacking imposes disadvantage.

Yeah, except desu nothing about this arc has made any sense.

I mean in real life.

I think another thing you could do is you could have the creature be able to spend a turn or two outside of the radius and spend their turn coughing up water to remove the effects.

It's as if you hate fun.

He should have advantage because he has the high ground.

In fact I encourage doing stuff like this, ask for a check to see how well they do it, if they beat the DC then I grant advantage, but never disadvantage.

I'll never understand anal DMs that actively try to make their combat less exciting.

Aren't both of the rakshasha's hands supposed to be backwards?

Don't even try it.

I understand what you're saying but if you want all the pieces to fit together in a less janky way then you know what to do.

Oh god I'm remembering now how in 3.5 the PHB said mounted combatants had a +2 attack bonus against unmounted foes because they "had the higher ground" so everyone would always try to get the higher ground for that +2 because it sounded like that could apply to anyone, not just mounted people.

Awful. Fucking awful.

They are look at where his thumbs are.

triggered

You underestimate my power.

Sounds like cancer tbhfam.

lefthand doesn't but maybe that's just me

Lotta loyalty for a sellsword.

I'd say disadvantage because a plunging attack is easier to read/dodge than a regular attack, but he gets to add the maximum fall damage possible from the drop to the damage of this attack.

only if you're looking up

On a normal hand in that position his thumb would be pointing away from his body instead of towards it.

shit DM detected

>I step onto that plank of wood in front of the enemy, that gets me +2 to hit, right?
Jesus that sounds like it could get out of hand quick if you don't immediately lay down the law.

Yeah it did. Also flanking gave you a +2 also so a lot of fights turned into conga lines on staircases.

Currently in a 5e game where the DM does flanking and ranged flanking.

It's fucking absurd.

Unless you're hidden/stealthed, it's assumed that the enemy can see or hear you. Besides, even if they don't immediately notice you, you can't exactly re-position yourself midair if they decide to step a few feet to the side. Plunging attacks are harder to land than regular blows where you get to pick your opening and timing.

Fuck off, you can't use RAW to justify that

so if its a dog do I still get disadvantage?

That would be more of a problem if the laws of time and space didnt force you to stand in a square until its your turn to move.

While I'm on the whole capturing PC thing, how would you go about capturing a PC with the Alert Feat?

Since you can't sneak up on them I feel it would be impossible to just attack them and poison them with some powerful unconscious poison?

Especially if you are bigger than medium and take up more than 5 feet of space.

Does the word "abstraction" mean anything to you?

You underestimate my power.

What's the smallest group of CR 1/4 monsters that could take down a 20th level Fighter?

You could always just brute force it. Alternatively poison their food or drink, though I'm not sure if perception would cover that.

Depends. Does the fighter actively stab himself to contribute to the effort?

>spoiler
explain further

Depends. Is the fighter unarmed, unarmored, and hot off the heels of barely escaping another fight with his life?

Same as regular flanking. Only you don't have to be within melee. So if there's crossfire, those attacks get advantage.

That's dumb.

One blink dog that always gets his blink and against a fighter with less than 40 ft of movement.

That should only work with something rapid-fire, so you can follow your buddy's fire and make it even more effective. Unless you guys are using the light bows from Assassin's Creed Origins, there's no reason "firing on my fire," with a bow should be effective enough to set up a crossfire.

Fighter is a Battlemaster who's goal is to kill as many CR 1/4th monsters as he can before getting killed by them.

Pixies are cancer

I agree. I voted against it.
But with 2 rogues in the party I was out voted.

Yeah it's something I'd consider if I was running a modern campaign that used actual guns. Making cover very important.

>but with 2 rogues in the party
I really wish sneak attack wasn't a thing. In the holy trinity of fighting man, magic user, and thief, the latter is supposed to be a skill monkey.

A single kobold armed with a talisman of ultimate evil kills him instantly.

Hmm, I could brute force them, but they would most likely escape in the first turn with their +9 initiative. Food or Drink poisoning might not be a bad idea... I'm not sure why they would so randomly accept the food or drink of their magic item dealer though. I was thinking an invisible ambush with a DC:17 Poison that knocks them unconscious for 1 hour. I could try and brute force them I suppose, but that could leave a trail...

They did need something that made them separate from bards.
It's just a shame that WotC decided that they'd make it so Bards for Expertise too.