mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Reminder, per FAQ you cannot summon after disembarking.

*blocks your summoning*

> MOAR MOAR DAKKA MOAR DAKKA DAKKA MOAR MOAR DAKKA MOAR DAKKA DAKKA - 3 CP
After you use MOAR MOAR DAKKA MOAR DAKKA DAKKA on a valid target, you can activate this stratagem. Instead of firing eight times, it may fire sixteen times. However, this unit may never fire again, even in subsequent battles.

Reminder, that was never clarified in a FAQ

It was actually. Get your glasses checked.

Counts as moving != Having moved

xth for new guard hqs.

Quit shitting up the new thread with this fucking rules bickering, you mongs.

Except that's exactly what the FAQ covers, stating carte blanche if you count as having moved you can't summon. Confirmed for not even having read it.

It's not even actual rules bickering, it's shitposting. A rather old shitpost topic at that.

+1

>tfw you'll never need a rhino in your Thousand Sons army
>tfw you'll never need a Thousand Son in your Thousand Sons army
>tfw you'll only need more birds in your Thousand Sons army.
>tfw you'll never get Osirons for your Thousand Sons army

I don't know why people still defend not having marines in a marine army.

So I was asking for some tips for a 500 point TS list in the last thread (I’m new to the game) and apparently no one thinks I should run actual TS? Just fucking birbs? Any other tips? Cuz I really fucking love the occult terminators and rubric designs.

At 500 points and casual games, just run whatever the fuck you like.

You really don't need to optimize your list that much in 8th unless you're GKs, Deathwatch or Necrons

Run whatever you want. If your local community isn't that competitive then only bringing the best units isn't necessary.

>What should I run in my army
Whatever you like it's your army dude. Screw guys that think the only good lists are fully optimized

Run what you like. Just be aware that Rubrics are less competitive than the fucking birdmen.

If you aren't bothered about being overly competitive though, Rubrics are fine and knock yourself out.

Why is summoning after move so important to some and which army is that?

It depends on what you want with your army, if winning is all you care about you should go with those birds. If winning is not your top priority and you think the rubrics look cool get some rubrics

Any Chaos affiliate army, and they're just shitposting. Summoning isn't viable at all so it doesn't matter. The people arguing about it probably don't even play the game.

okay emperors friends, hit me up with the harsh truth:

Haven't been in touch with dem 40ks for a couple of years because I was busy, but I'm tempted to dive back in, simply because I wasted way too much money on unused plastic crack.

As I'm running an Iron Hands force, is it correct that stuff like Master of the Forge or a command squad on bikes (including librarian or apothecarius on bike) got axed completly?

Fuck me, those Forgeworld bikekits were expensive af... and I feel sorry for my heavily converted Master of the Forge on his bike as well...

>As I'm running an Iron Hands force, is it correct that stuff like Master of the Forge or a command squad on bikes (including librarian or apothecarius on bike) got axed completly?
Master of the Forge doesn't exist anymore. Run him as a Techmarine.

Command Squad on Bikes still exists. Biker HQs also still exist, but their rules are in the Indexes as they don't have official models.

They're not in the codex but you can still use their index entry.

Occults are great
Rubric Marines are decent
Birbs are best

Play whatever you want tho dude, it doesn't matter that much unless you want to go win tournaments.

Demon Prince with Wings
- 2 Pairs of Claws

9 Rubrics
- 8 Inferno Bolters
- Soulreaper Cannon

17 Birbs

Of course, if you don't want to take Tzaangors at all you can swap them out for Cultists or more Rubrics or w/e

>9 Rubrics
>- 8 Inferno Bolters
>- Soulreaper Cannon
Illegal. You need 10 models for a Soulreaper Cannon.

Aww snap, and here I was thinking it was the number of tzeentch

Whatever, drop a couple of the Tzaans and make it 10

Sorcerer

Nah I goofed

So, how disappointed are fellow mechanicus players after Forgebane anoucement? I was expecting either new HQ, or at least something akin to Battleforce boxe, and we got the same old techpriest (even enginseer would be better), same old Skitarii (okay, more troops are fine). It really looks like they are just pushing miniknights.

Admech are still new, pretty unlikely to get that much new stuff.

I really never expected anything new beyond the mini-knight.

The set is literally "Buy the miniknight and cryptek please" the boxed set.

>I was expecting either new HQ
Why you just got not one but technically two not too long ago.
> It really looks like they are just pushing miniknights
Well yeah why do you think they announced it with the cryptek the whole point of this box is these two models.

I'm happy with it, although I don't really need another Dominus. I can convert the Immortal guns and lychguard melee weapons into weaoons for my Kairic Electropriests, and I imagine I can find some use for the Wraiths. Maybe see if I can turn them into scorpion Vulturax counts-as with some Admech parts and greenstuff.

>scorpion Vulturax counts-as
But user that would require rules for them and Fires of Cyraxus never

*Vorax counts-as, they don't quite fly that high.

I'd prefer turning them into mecha death spiders since my Magos Dominus is half-spider not half-scorpion, but either works if I can get rid of all the Necron ornamentation and greenstuff the body under the armour into something biological.

Now you just have to show how they're different as per the rules of the game.

>Kairic Electropriests

Got any pics user? I love those minis, curious as to what you did

I really wanted a Skitarii Alpha Primus but I'm not /that/ surprised it didn't happen.

It doesn't even need a new model, just give me rules and I'll slap some extra fancy bits onto a regular Alpha.

M-maybe they're saving all the new models for DEldar?

At least the loadout is predictable. Mount a couple of radium carbines or something in each claw to act as the rotor cannon, find something to be a rad-cleanser tail mount or just get a flamer and paint it glowy green for chem-fuel. Can't imagine Lightning Guns getting buffed enough to be worthwhile over a wound on 3+ and D3 flamer.

Boop. Filed off the majority of the Tzeench armour plating aside from a few greaves and bracers, replaced one arm with Kataphron claws , cut down torsion cannon "power fists" or something else suitably smashy and covered up the shield-arm join points with a capacitor thing made from the hydrogen flasks on the side of Plasma Culverins.
Not particularly difficult and it saved me £75 since I already had the Admech spares, but time-consuming. Eventually planning on making another 20 Fulgs once my bitz box has refilled and finding enough guns to make 20 Corpuscarii with Ranger heads at some point. 5 Taser guns off the Immortals and some hyperphase swords from the Lychguard are a good start if I slap something capacitor-shaped on the sides of the blades to even up the aesthetics.

Just so I dont seem like Im ignoring comments and critiques:

>You already have two crassus, why bother with the chimera?
So my Commander and his posse can drive around. Each Crassus holds 35 models each, enough for three squads of infantry and a platoon officer and his posse for each Crassus.

>I'd ditch the Basilisks in favour of more russes.
I figured it would be good to have an area control weapon. Barrages are no fun walking through.

>You haven't got any variants, things like annhilators, demolishers, executioners and punishers are well worth the costs.
I ignored these because Im a fag and the options are too much for me. I prefer having a well rounded weapon that is mediocre than a specialized weapon that is useless in a handful of situations. I was thinking of replacing the Basilisks with Leman Russ Demolishers for the same purpose: barrage the enemy to death.

>I'd think about a unit of ogryns or crusaders for that up close melee punch.
Bayonets are all you need, boy! And besides, if you have enemies getting into close quarters with you, your guns haven't done their jobs.

>You're also extremely light on anti-tank.
True, I tried my best tho. The Armored Sentinels have Autocannons so they can deal with light vehicles and heavy infantry, and the Leman Russes are there to deal with the heavy armor before wreaking havoc on infantry, and every infantry squad has their own missile launcher.

Thanks, I'll mull over the Basilisks.

There's no vect so honesy they can take their new spiky elves and shove them uo my ass for all I care. Unless we get the Duke in which case all is forgiven.

Are Kroots birbs? If so, how do they compare to Tzaangors?

Also, off-topic but:
>stating carte blanche if you count as having moved you can't summon
What does it even mean?
Avoir carte blanche = being able to use any means necessary, in French t. Froggy MacFrog

Well, there's only no vect because there's no vect model so...Dais of Destruction confirmed?

I'd considering giving a sentinel a lascannon, or maybe mounting a few on each cassus, and taking one annihilator russ with melta sponsons.
Maybe I'm just overcompensating I usually take upwards of a dozen lascannons at even 2000 points so at 3k I'd probably have ~20

>Are Kroots birbs
yes

Those are sick. I have some Kataphron bits laying around myself, and I've wanted some Electropriests, just don't wanna spend that much on 5 doods

Lascannons are expensive tho, but I do take what youre saying to heart. nearly a quarter of all the points are going towards the twin Cassuses, so I suppose it makes sense to invest more into them. It's not like the things are exactly weak in armor.

AdMech have a lot of problems like that.
>only need 1-2 dominuses
>get 1 in every box, have 4 by now
>need 6 dragoons to be an effective fighting force
>it's a big, complex model that costs €40
>want 20 electro priests
>5 man squads

It's not as painful as orks, where you need 20 of each kit, but it still hurts

thanks friends, it's a bit annoying to use index entries as I am afraid of these books to be outdated at some point in the near grimdark future...

It's about half the reason I ended up picking up a Knight recently; At least I could use it as a big fat points sink for bigger games alongside my relatively meager force. Bit bonkers that it was the budget option compared to some Dragoons or priests.

Put lascannons on the russes first, as they don't get a penalty from moving.

Yes they do.

I've found an old fucked up contemptor in one of my drawers, rather than just get an new one I'm going to do my best to repair the poor thing to give it a chance to see the tabletop. It has a standard CCW that I could easily customize into a chainfist but the twin heavy bolter it came with is beyond repair I think.

Whats a good ranged weapon to equip it with? Is the kheres still the go too weapon for a contemptor? Also how well has the contemptor faired in 8th edition? I'll probably be going with the relic version if thats the best thing to do.

Only the turret weapon doesn't get the penalty unless you run tallarn.

Oh right. Still probably a good idea over the crassus though as I assume that will be moving more than they are.

separate point updates means they're probably never going to be completely useless

>How do we represent an augmented marine since all his augmentations would be under his armor?
>I don't know just stick a bunch of tubes on it

See
With what GW has been dokng I doubt we'll have indexes again anytime soon. They were necessary from 7th to 8th because all statlines changed so literally unless you had a new unit entry the old codex was useless. They're probably just going to do what they did for every other edition now wjich is new edition, use your old codex/index until new codex release, repeat. Only time it would be invalidated is if they change the statlines again.

>using expensive marines when you can just use birds

If marines were good, rubrics might see more use.

So, honest question. Hammerheads and Skyrays come standard with two Gun Drones, each of which costs 8 points and has two Pulse Carbines.

The tank can replace these Drones with two Burst Cannons, for 10 points each.

The thing is, given that 2 Pulse Carbines are exactly the same as a Burst Cannon, why would you pay 2 points extra for no benefit and the loss of the ability to split the drones off?

Is there something here I'm missing?

the drones can only target the nearest unit and have a BS of 5+

the burst cannons are actually part of the hammerhead, so they are BS3+ and can be improved to 2+

also drones are getting a cost hike in the codex

For some reason the Tau Codex added another generic Commander. Apparently it is supposed to be a Crisis Suit Commander for all the counts as commanders people made.
1 less wound, few points less. Four hardpoints and iridium armour upgrade option

No, when the Drones are attached to the Hammerhead, the Hammerhead counts as being armed with their weapons, so they can target whatever and shoot at BS 4+

Gun drones were a no brainer before.
But post Codex gun drones go up 4ppm and burst cannons down 2

So let me get this straight. Instead of making Crisis suits actually useful, they just made a new version of the Commander?

So Gun Drones become 12 ppm and Burst Cannons become 8 ppm. That makes more sense.

ah i missed that rule, fair enough

then yeah drones were the optimal choice in the index, but they are getting nerfed in the codex

Yep. No crisis changes.
Commander limit rumour supported. Apparently a limit of one per detachment

Wait, shit, did they actually bring shas'el commanders back?
Great! I'm happy. I use crisis suits as commanders 75% of the time anyway.

Well I guess Supreme Command Detachments are fucked, then.

Really hope they cover fusion blades today.

Hmm. Since the suggested detachment limits are suggestions, this just means you can take as many Commanders as you have fire warrior teams. What are the ratios like now?

>Since the suggested detachment limits are suggestions

they are more like unspoken rules, there is a vanishingly small minority that lets you go over 3 detatchments max in matched play

No it basically a enforcer commander but crisis apparently. 1 wound less and otherwise identical supposedly

I dunno user
Don't you wanna run 4 ethereals?
Also aunva hologram tax, he went up 20 points for some reason

Sauce?

Still works to represent sub-commander torchstar. This is fine.
Well, okay, no, the commander limit is going to be fucking painful for FE players, considering how poor crisis suits are without heavy marker light support.
Oh well. Maybe we'll get a separate release again down the road.

Given the number of people here who aren't even aware it's a thing, I like my odds.

there better fucking be rules for the eight for FSE

Various codex leakers on different forums like Dakka and ATT

user, this is a reasonable expectation, and you have a right to expect it. You deserve this. Do not look at any of the false leaks, and report back here when the codex drops with your tears.

Apparently FSE strat is +1 to hit for crisis after DSing
Cyclic Ion mobs could be a thing since they got buffed

well i'm currently tied up with my WAAC ad mech and BA soup lists so it wont affect me much, but theres that deadful feeling that the eight will be in the FAQ like this:

>Q: Where are the dataslates for Torchstar?
>A: Use a crisis suit commander

So Tau is a horde army now? They went from like Eldar to now like IG.
Mobs of Fire Warriors and some tanks

Yeah, they can have units of up to 10! TEN!
What a horde.

Although I have heard that Kroot are 5PPM, now. That might be fun.

Guard are the same.

A minimum unit of FW is 35pts now and GW has been pushing blobhammer.
A fireblade is like 40pts?
Patrol 75 points min
Battalion 150 points min
GW doesn't think tau is an elite army

Reminder that it's the little markings colour that's important for determining which planet your T-au are from, not their camo, so you don't have to repaint much to switch sept bonuses (just the details)

>I was expecting either new HQ
and that was your greatest mistake. why would you assume it would contain new things they haven't already shown us?

I mean, if you do some quick mathshammer
You kind of have to assume all tau units are working at high to maximum efficiency, as the difference between an unsupported riptide shooing un-nova charged at something and the inverse is fucking huge, tau are built around synergy
So let's assume you take 3 weapons per crisis suit, and 3 weapons per commander, leaving room for a shield generator or something.
Say we're shooting fusion blasters into a repulsor, because primarines are great for mathshammering.

Commander;
>3 guns, BS 2+, markerlights grant reroll 1s
>76+(3x21)+8=147 points
>3x((5/6)+(5/36))=2.916 hits
>50.4 points per hit

Crisis team;
>3 guns each, BS 4+ base, +1 because stratagem, +1 because markerlights, reroll 1s
>42+(3x21)=105 points
x((5/6)+(5/36))=2.916 hits
>36 points per hit

Now, obviously the crisis suits require 1 command point and a pathfinder squad worth of markerlights to get to this level, meaning possible 2 command points burnt, and they don't have shield generators, but it puts them at 0.7 times the points per hit of commanders, which ends up saving you a lot of fucking points in larger squads, as the buffs affect the whole unit at once.

As the two have the same damage output, it would take 5.52 of either to kill an imperial knight in one turn, meaning it would cost 580 points of crisis suits, but 812 points of commanders. That's quite the difference.

>Ethereal, sir, what if we run out of colors?
>errrr

>bork'an are apparently "jade green"
>impossible to tell the difference between their sept colour and D'yanoi's "ice blue"
Who wrote this shit
Also, >implying the sept colour is a single unwashed unhighlighted basecoat

For Brigades Marksmen are like 20ppm unit size 1. Elite slot.
Sniper drones 54 points a unit. Heavy support.
Drones are fast attack and also not pricey.
Yep. Brigage stacking Tau