EDH/Commander General

Previously: Blind as a Bat Edition

RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

No thread question? off to a fantastic start

Should I build Animar Morph or Reyhan/Silas Artificicrat?
I want to play something different.

[]i make rat[]

I want to build a deck but I don't know if the idea can work.

So I basically want a control deck for multiplayer that just wraths the board every turn and protects itself to eventually assemble a combo and win instantly.

I do this because my meta is full of unfair decks like krenko or atraxa planeswalkers, breya and such.

So what commander would be good for this deck and how do I start building it? I tought of Athreos since it's unkillable and can get back my little creatures, but I have no idea.

3 cmc Teysa

Go for azami if you want autism control.

Also avacyn

Daretti. Darksteel Forge/Nev's disk/Lattice.

My buddy had a gay Greek dude enchantress deck that did this. He could recur dead enchantments every turn, played ones like Lunar Force from EMN and all sorts of gay shit.

I think the idea is to have all the pillow fort stuff (prison, propaganda, sphere of safety) find away to protect those, and then play 5-8 board wipes, and 10-15 counters and have graveyard recursion. Wincon do like star field of nyx, luminarch ascension, or the white rare from origins that gives you a 4/4 angel when you play an enchantment.
So yeah, gay Greeks. I’d make it a base U/B for ramp, counters and tutors. Rest as board wipes.

Vandalblast is also super important.

Sounds like Oloro to me.

U/g not b

>Thread Question (because OP's choking on cocks, evidently)
Why is Prossh the only playable Jund Commander? How do we make another playable Commander in these colors?

ZURGO
BOARDWIPE
TRIBAAAAAAAAAAL

Get white in there whatever you go for. It'a got a crapton of Wrath effects and most decks struggle to recover from a well timed Cataclysm.

>(laughs in goblin)
never been shattergangbanged before user? mld+sacrifice all the things=maximum sodium

My good friend of African origin!

Well, Karrthus is playable, if your meta runs no clones.

Does Saheeli have an infinite combo with something other than Felidar/something in white?

>not playing Sek'uar or Kresh
>being this gay

nice dragon

Why the fuck is this shit so expensive?

Singular printing, close to a decade old now, casual draw...

>had Jund vial Smasher
>was a sweet lands deck
>started to get bored because it really only won with big x spells
>sold my verdant catacombs
>see all the Jund commanders and start to miss it

I miss you, Jund bros

Only ever one print in Alara Reborn.

No, other effects seem to return at the end of turns. Only one that would work is pic related, and it needs some jank to work anyway.

there was a masd buyout of him like 8 years ago and the price never dropped because the market is a bunch of flogs

damn shame too, hes an extremely fun commander, glad i bought him

Didn't realise last thread was dead so reposting

Commander night tonight and the entrance fee is £2 or a pack which are £4-10, which pack should I get an why?

It's great with any upkeep token generation.

Buyouts r gay

Khans because fetch? Rtr for shocks?

Should I build my azusa as a wizard/counterspeel tribal with labman as wincon or build her as a fast combo deck with tutors and mana crypt/vaults to win turn 3-4?

Most of the tutors and cantrips in my azusa deck are banned in 1v1 commander (which is bullshit imo) so I plan on using her as a Multiplayer commander

I dunno if they have cards from that long ago since they're only a small store, I'll check tho.

and yet people will defend this shit despite it being a roadblock for people who actually wanna enjoy the cards.

thats a free market for you

wtf counters does monog have

MTG "investing" for people too autistic and retarded for actual investing.

Eh. I’ve been able to build my magic collection for very cheap by takin g advantage of buyouts and people who need cash NOW. That said, I really hate that it’s possible to buyout cards. My playgroup uses the binder rule (proxy in the deck, real one in a binder you can just point to to prove you have it) on cards worth 75 or more. So I’m kinda torn on them. I don’t personally do buyouts, but I’ve been lucky to be savvy enough to make money off of them.

The only real “investing” I did was buy 100 Saheeli Rai for 300 total. That money fixed my car.

i'd laugh if i wasnt so bitter about them driving the price up on fun but Underprinted cards

fuck, I meant azami

>mfw the price of doubling season

Why the fuck is it 50 bucks each? It's hardly that good of a card

pretty sure he means azami

thought so
for those of you wondering, green has bind which is by far my favorite counterspell.
nothing like countering a pw ult

>Why the fuck is it 50 bucks each?
Atraxa.

Yup, and for literally no reason. They don't make enough money for it to be worthwhile, most go negative fucking up and all they do is wreck the game economy.

The only people who have ever made big money are the people that bought alpha, beta, unlimited, reserved list shit years ago and still have them.

Underprinted and idiots who want super friends decks.

>It's hardly that good of a card

lets planeswalkers instantly ult.
you do the math

Probably a good reason to never EVER reprint it.

His sword looks so tiny in this art.

At my lgs, atraxa decks get hated out so fast. There are more degenerate decks, but Atraxa players typically smell bad, so it’s best to knock them out first.

Always wanted to try Sek'kuar, but don't know where to go. In guessing Grave Pact shenanigans and death triggers would be pretty decent with him.

Superfriends suck ass though.

Monored Zurgo is bretty good in 1v1. How bad is he in multiplayer games?

Different than what?

What’s the build for Zurgo in 1v1? Just burn?

Very very bad

He's pretty bad. You'll usually run out of gas pretty fast. You've got a lot of burn, but that won't work in a 4 player game.

Give me ideas on some white cards that have synergy with picture related. I already know about the Honor guard that has a torpor effect and Swords can gain me alot of health in some situations

Who was the partner to vial smasher? I assume it was just to get the jund colors but im still curious

>Thread Question (because OP's choking on cocks, evidently)
>asks a terrible fucking thread question

I don't see you doing any better, you whiny faggot.

Would a sram list with lots of 0 cost artifacts and aetherflux reservoir as wincon be better?
Pretty strong in multyplayer, but it might lose on power in 1v1 since mana vault/crypt are banned

Rehyan. And you’re correct. I maybe casted her twice just because I needed a creature.

Is there a to make Marath playable in the 99 or only really worth it as the commander? I really like Zacama has my naya commander because he just combos so fast.

It's decent in mid-level metas. Sram is pretty good for white since he keeps you from running out of fuel immediately.

I feel like you can't have a competitive commander in both 1v1 and multiplayer without spending lots of money.

>Zurgo
>Worldslayer

So, this is essentially an (a?) UU costed clone?

If you try again in the future, try not to make it a statement that is literally just some random guy's opinion (there is only one good X commander). That mostly just causes arguments rather than discussions, or causes people to roll their eyes and ignore the questing all together. Also try to avoid making it a question that was just an argument in the last thread, or ever about the ban list. A few of the recent past threads have had questions like that and we could use without trolling right from the get go. Also try to avoid asking something that had been already asked a million times previously. Try to think of something that you've maybe wondered about in a past game or while building a deck and try to reword it into something that can appeal to a wide audience.

It's a. The an/a is decided by the sound the following word makes.

You have to pay every upkeep and can't clone tokens. It's also now vulnerable to creature and enchantment removal.

yes with an upkeep of UU

Why is he bad in high level metas?

How the shit do I make helmsmasher more reliable?
Game 1: get lands, get godo, grab worldslayer combo
Game 2: get entirely fucked out of lands, struggle to cast even mardu ascendancy
Game 3: get a few crap equips out, 3 shot someone, rinse repeat

How many rocks are you running?

You run into similar issues that other mono-W have at that point. You're very artifact reliant and your card draw is paltry outside of Sram, who doesn't help you refill your hand. He's likely to eat removal as well, and your whole strategy relies on keeping him some so you can chain your cheerios.

Same way you make Mardu functional: lots of rocks. Also, don't go all-in voltron with Zurgo. Too linear and easy to disrupt.

So, zurgo would be better for competitive 1v1, but horrible in multy. Sram vould be less competitive in 1v1 but better in multi...
FUGG, why isn't there a good competitive commander deck for both 1v1 and multi

There is if you go UGx, but that's because UGx is very adaptable.

if your consistensy is shit, add a good bit of low CMC draw and cantrips. and yeah, mana ramp if you don't have it yet. try as you might, you will almost never end the game with your first zurgo cast, so you should build your deck to go into the lategame. you're in mardu, so it shouldn't be too hard to do that. just have a healthy dose of goodstuff to protect yourself until you can find something you can end the game with.

not enough apparently, gonna swap some of the bottom barrel equips for rocks

Costing an arm and a leg monetary vise I Imagine?

If somefag who bought a ton of low print cards lost a load of money on it and made a video of them shredding the cards, would WotC respond by printing that card again?

Which art does Veeky Forums prefer?

Also, is this card playable?

Depends on what you call an arm and a leg. Barring things like duals, UGx can usually get there for around $500. It'll be on the lower end of competitive, but it's still pretty budget.

I would choose left just for the watermark

Probably not. Especially if it was reserved list. Wizards is really anal about keeping the RL untouched when legally they could change the content of the reserve list to whatever they want and investors couldn't do shit. Wizards really should develop a "print on demand" system though.

Left one. It's playable, especially in sac based decks. Many of Golgaris could run it, Jund and Abzan also both I could see it. It's pretty good, especially in Mazirek.

There's actually a lot of very good builds for that
It's fragile but it has the capability of going off very very fast
My suggestion would be to make it a touch slower than that and put some resilient cards in there but that's just my two cents

how you going to get him in play?
>hard to cheese out
Might fit in xenagos to make a 6/6 into sac fodder so u can swing with a 24/24 with trample next turn or as a 1 time sac outlet for your board to trigger sac synergies

>hardly that good of a card.
It will win most planeswalker/token decks if it resolves and untaps. it generates crazy amounts of value.

vision charm, sundial of the infinite, stifle, honor guard, torpor orb

soo i run pic related in my Xenagod deck. I just ordered doubling season and am excited by the potential to ultimate it off the top.

Currently I just fetch the Atarka which gives dragons double strike along with glorybringer, pump atarka, exert glorybringer, swing with both for 36 total.

Any ways to exploit this ultimate further and do more damage?

Malignus + Thunderfoot Baloth

seem to interdependent for me, no one will allow toys in play, atleast in my playgroup. He is a big boy made for smashing and linear, I think he fits better in a deck that wants to go big and tall or can benifit from sacs

Malignus, Blightsteel Colossus.

>Opponent plays Clone
>Lose

>clone can still situationally be played as a removal spell
I miss the old days.

building a largely colorless artifact deck, how to respond to enchantment hate besides all is dust?

>My playgroup uses the binder rule (proxy in the deck, real one in a binder you can just point to to prove you have it) on cards worth 75 or more.

why is it important to show that there is a real card somewhere else when you're playing an illegal card?

some people personally feel proxying power cards isn't fair because price=power to them and you should have to pay the price for the "real" card.