The Royal Dwarven Air Force

Do ya have what it takes to serve in The Low King's Royal Dwarven Air Force and show them Tallies who's the boss if they start trouble?

There was a minis game with vaguely this premise kickstarted a while back, Spitfyre, with Not!German dwarves riding machine gun armed war eagles against Not!British Orcs on wyverns. The expansions they unlocked included french gnomes on pigeons and eastern european troglodytes on bats.

>eastern european troglodytes

Dorf!Barnes Wallace would be something special to behold

>air force
>not beard force
You had one job!

Watch it, you non-descript overlander.

>mfw i am eastern european
at least we matter enough to get put in a game

Yer one more those younglings who likes to mess with newfangled technology aren't ya? In my day we waited for things to properly age to use them! At least 500 years!

The Humans have switched to a new kind of engine called the "Radial" and are designing aircraft to use only those.

They claim it works better.

Airships

In your day you let the Tallies over run Kharkrak Mountain.

Who's the mad bastard who managed to talk Dwarves into taking to the air?

I backed that kickstarter, and the main kickstarter which preceded it. Have a huge army of Nazi Dwarves I'm now painting.

Nice. I missed the former one, but Spitfyre itself looks really fun. How is the model quality?

There was a few mold slippages on a couple of them, but there was very little flash. Those 3d printed models are quite nice.

>Dwarven planes
>Fighter-bombers with heavy armor and durability
>Probably experimented with turret fighters in the past
>relatively compact
>Lots of heavy bombers with lots of turrets
>Would really rather not be up here at all

>Elven planes
>turnfighters with thin armor but relatively high caliber guns to make use of their accuracy and nimbility
>emphasis on fighters/light bombers over medium and heavy bombers, greater usage of fighters in CAS roles
>Lots of wooden airframes

>Gnome
>Absolutely tiny little high powered boom and zoom fighters with negligible turn and bomb load
>Dive bombers only
>Every plane is customized and has its own miniature supply chain; roughly half the airfleet is grounded at any one time due to parts shortages
>what is strategic bombing
>fuck you

What else?

Who wins the jet fighter race?

Gnomes, but Dwarves or Humans will probably be the ones to develop ones that don't have a ~20% chance of detonating on activation.

what would Orkish planes be like? I'm thinking Heavily armored and packed with Ordance. Also, thanks /tg, you've given me a new setting idea for a campaign

Hey it's Battlefleet Gothic

>what would Orkish planes be like?
>being this ignorant of warhammer ork dakka jets and fighta bommas
How? Even people tangentially connected to Veeky Forums gotta know this stuff exists