Weeb TCG General

It's ban time boys
fowtcg.com/news/20180302
Lots of FTK stuff for Wanderer is banned
Pic related banned in New Frontiers
Counterpart Severing Winds banned in Wanderer

Yu-Gi-Oh!
>Veeky Forums has its own YGO general thread (/dng/), with plenty of room in the OP for all of the available YGO resources
>can still chat here if you want

Cardfight!! Vanguard
>Official CFV card database. Works pretty well, only has cards released in English.
cf-vanguard.com/en/cardlist/cardsearch
>CFV major tournament decklists:
International: cf-vanguard.com/en/cardlist/deckrecipe/
Japanese: cf-vanguard.com/deckrecipe/
>CFV news source:
cardfightcoalition.com/
>Free, fanmade online simulator:
cardfight.ru/cf-area

Force of Will
>Official Site
fowtcg.com/
>Card Database
db.fowtcg.us/

Future Card Buddyfight
>Official BF card database. Works pretty well, only has cards released in English.
fc-buddyfight.com/en/cardlist/list/
>BF major tournament decklists:
International: fc-buddyfight.com/en/cardlist/deckrecipe/
Japanese: fc-buddyfight.com/cardlist/deckrecipe/
>BF news source:
buddyspoiler.com/
>Free, fanmade online simulator:
cardfight.ru/buddyfighten

Dragon Ball Super
>Official website (Card List/Search, Rules, FAQ, Errata, Tournament Rules, Card Rulings, etc.):
dbs-cardgame.com
>Free tutorial/demo app
dbs-cardgame.com/application/
>Play online through OCTGN and Tabletop Simulator
reddit.com/r/DBS_CardGame/wiki/index#wiki_online

Wixoss
>Free, fanmade browser-based online simulator:
webxoss.com/

Weiss Schwarz
>Full card database and translations:
heartofthecards.com/code/cardlist.html?pagetype=ws

Thread question: Are the FoW bannings good at all? What's your outlook on the future of some of these TCGs?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.ws-tcg.com/cardlist/list/
yugiohtopdecks.com/deck/7040
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>just copy pasting the OP when the ban is already done and over with

So tell me about Gundam War Nex-A

It is officially dead just like most other Gundam card games

Does it have Gundam art?

People wanted a new thread, no one made one. If you make a better one than I did I don't mind moving to it.

Theyll just have to live with it. The discussion is more important than whatecer bells and jingle you put in op

What weeb TCG has the coolest/best/comfiest design and art? Pic related was the first example I found of something cool enough to make the cut. Nice, full card art, unobtrusive text.

(Anime girl tiddies not required, but certainly a plus I suppose)

Damn that's such an awesome pic.

You mean you have to attach images instead of just thinking about it? Fuck I fucked up. Pic actually related this time.

I like how wixoss emphasizes the character alone in the arts but I love decadent card designs for when they wanna make you feel like the hottest nigga on earth for pulling it

I really like Casters' art, and not just because of the yuribait. Frankly if I had gotten into Force of Will a little sooner or a little later, I might have jumped ship to Casters when it came out.

>The Mate is worth a lot more than the Legion Leader

toppestofkeks.jpg

I kind of wished that full arts were a thing during the Legion Era since Legion Rares in Full Art would be even better

After some years, Force of Will is finally back to my LGS since the owner decided to support the game one more time.
I remember even some MtG players switched to FoW some years ago because of how fucking expensive were Standard decks before Khans of Tarkir rotation.

Is WIXOSS user still here? I'll hit you up on running through a game of WEBXOSS, I finally have the time.

I'm new at WIXOSS too.
WIXOSS user give me an Ancient Weapon decklist

I'm here. Do you have a LRIG in mind? Or, failing that, do you have a colour preference in mtg?

My knowledge of decklists is sadly pretty lacking.

Ulith was my waifu from the anime, but I'm okay with anything. I generally enjoy control decks in MTG. Color preference-wise, it'd be like WB, WUB, or W.

Ulith's starter is a good place to start, so that works. In Webxoss, go into the deck editor, and type WX05 into the search field. Add one of each white bordered card and 4 of each black bordered card. The white bordered ones will show up in the LRIG deck, the black ones will be above in the main deck. The you can join the room, it's tg, password is also tg. Also, if anyone else is curious, you can watch matches in progress on webxoss.

All this Wixoss talk got me interested in it. Assumed red is the beatdown/aggression color so I took a look at that first. I don' know how different are the red LRIGs are from each other though. Ril's Finishing Touches on the Fire Dragon looks pretty whack though. I'd ask for a game but at >work.
>Bet 2 coins. Search your deck for 1 SIGNI with Rise and put it onto the field. That SIGNI's [On-Play] abilities are not triggered. Then, shuffle your deck. Then, banish 1 of your opponent's SIGNI with power equal to or less than the power of the SIGNI put onto the field. If you bet, instead banish all of your opponent's SIGNI with power equal to or less than the power of the SIGNI put onto the field.
Also why is there a literal Bolshack?

Should I watch Wixoss before playing it?

The first series is pretty decent for a psuedo-magical girl show. I couldn't get into the 2nd series because there are male characters that aren't the object of incest lust. The show doesn't do much to teach the game, but it does showcase the waifus that you will be able to play with.

>Also why is there a literal Bolshack?
Wixoss has some pretty neat tie ins.

>I don' know how different are the red LRIGs are from each other though.
They each have a slightly different style. Hanayo tends to be super aggro, Yuzuki is more grindy and focus on land (ener) destruction, and Ril has Rise signi, which is still really aggressive but tends to hit more in the late game.

Why is the Wixoss discussion suddenly picking up steam at 1 in the morning? I want to go the bed, but I also want to talk about Wixoss.

>The show doesn't do much to teach the game, but it does showcase the waifus that you will be able to play with.
This is super accurate.

That would be my fault. I asked an user to try the game with me.

When will the FoW meta settle?

Depends on how good Scheherazade ends up being, I guess. Wind is still king.

Is R/R still good after the regalia ban?

Too many gill. Anyone else not enjoying getting reprint rulers instead of the two new per box it used to be? one ADK box had a new art unsealed Gill and a reprint 'secret rare' original art Gill. I had to crack 3 boxes to get a single new ruler in ADK. 3 Gills, panda, reiya, and finally the Welser I wanted.

Is it worth learning what all the meta Weiss Schwarz cards do so I can play in Japanese or should I just play the shitty english version?

If you want to carry around a stack of translations do whatever you want

>carrying around a stack of translations
That isn't what "learning what the cards do" means, user.

I mainly meant if you were going to play with any other English players

If I was going to play with english players I'd play the shitty translation, I was calling the english version shit because it doesn't have all the cards.

I have to agree that it's shit, but could you imagine how much money they'd lose trying to print every set for series that are obscure in America

What series made it to the US? I might still try.

en.ws-tcg.com/cardlist/list/

>Miku is Schwarz
Huh.

Definitely a shitty move that I don't understand how it ever got past the planning point. Might as well not have added new rulers that set and saved them for the next one.

>Might as well not have added new rulers that set and saved them for the next one.
Then there would have been even less of a reason to buy ADK boxes than there already is, and the supply issues for actually decent cards would be even worse.

I think the best way they could have handled putting updated starter rulers in packs would probably be to put them in the chase/secret/whatever it's called slot only. That said, ADK only having two possible Rulers in its Ruler slot would have been its own issue.

The second series is ironically much better about teaching the game. At the very least it shows the basics of the game in a way that someone can follow along with.

Is it really? I know they try to go into more detail in the games, rather than just saying grow and some attack names, but it's still pretty piecemeal, and while it's easier to follow as someone who knows the rules, I'm curious how much less lost someone with no idea of the rules would be. My guess is not much, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone found it otherwise.

Like Symphogear as one example. Most of it isn't even licensed for North America. And given that I already can't think of a single local LGS that runs it, it would be pretty foolish to try and keep up with the japanese release. From what I gather, it doesn't even really matter that much; Weiss seems designed to play rather similarly across sets.

watched the wixoss animes and loved them, how's the card game?

It's legit great. If your interested, I can, I can run you through a demo game in webxoss (using starter decks).

I won't be able to do a demo game right now, but if this threads around during the weekend I'll hit you up

Sounds good. Hopefully the thread stays around, but it's usually pretty good at hanging in there.
Wixoss (the game) has a really good flow to it (it makes mtg feel clunky and disjointed in comparison), but the decks all do enough different things that they feel unique (unlike decks in certain bushiroad games). The cards look nice, and the card stock is amazing. It's honestly my favourite tcg.

Back when I used to play Yugioh, my favorite decks were Gladiator Beasts and Lightsworn. Are there any decks in Wixoss with a similar aggressive toolbox style like glads or self mill shenanigans like Lightsworn?

One of black's main mechanics is self-mill, and there's several LRIGs that use this slightly differently (although black is the one colour I don't have much experience playing). Ulith uses her graveyard like a toolbox, recurring a bunch of one-off signi as the situation calls for it.

My only issue with Webxoss is not having Carnival stuff. Always enjoy them circus themes.

But if I could find better images of cards I'd just plug them into TTS and keep translations on hand.

Alternately, you could go full cancer and run Myuu or Hanare deck using charms, and run the Violence Jealousy engine, which basically gives you unlimited recursion of throw-away signi. I'm kind of biased as I keep getting destroyed by those decks, but then again, I'm kind of asking for it when my main deck is a sub-meta Piruluk.

I think I realize this now that I'm looking at TSW compared to ADK. My group of 3 bought about 4 boxes worth of ADK as we are newer to the game. Sure we got a play set of everything, but most things were pretty meh beyond a few cards. I feel like TSW seems way better overall, so far.

Is it Reiya cluster or Gill cluster? Who knows anymore really

Is it that bad?

Well Reiya was the one who actually killed Welser. Gill is an important character and the story seems to be about his journey to becoming Alhama'at but Reiya is actually accomplishing more.

Anyone keeping up with DBS's meta?
Do you think Mech frieza need an errata?

>animes

>Do you think Mech frieza need an errata?
I think it needs a fucking ban. If they errata it they'll still need to walk on eggshells in design or unknowingly bust it again and need to errata it again, the very concept behind its ability, plussing and putting you closer to awakening just for running a kind of card literally every deck runs, violates the conceit of the game: that cards should cost mana to play.

So Speaker of Eternal Nights is banned, but only in sideboards? Why is that? Can I still use it as my main ruler?

>cards should cost mana to play
That's really more of a suggestion in DBS.

Where are you getting this information? I don't see anything on the official site.

True, but those cards don't plus. MF turns every extra card into a +1.

>that cards should cost mana to play.
[Severing Winds laughing in the distance]

Go to the ban/limited list, scroll to the bottom. Underneath Origin Restrict is All Formats Sideboard Ban.

Thanks.

As for why, I assume it has to do with the extra deck. You can't have an extra deck unless your ruler has Grimoire, so if you were to side out Schez you would suddenly have these five extra illegal cards that aren't in your deck or your side deck. And if you were to side her in after game 1 you wouldn't have any cards for your extra deck.

I guess that makes sense. What's up with the "Chinese language cards may never be used, excepting for the World Grand Prix events."?

>tfw want to play Caster Chronicles
>they have a shitty language clause like Pokemon

I think it has to do with the cardstock quality or something, I have no idea.

For Pokemon I know it makes sense because the card backs are different for Japanese cards than for English (thanks for that, Wizards). Maybe Casters card backs are different in different regions?

Opaque sleeves are mandatory in Casters Tournaments. (or at least they are in FoW and the games share a floor rules document).

You know what, it might be because the Japanese version of the game gets collab sets that the west doesn't.

But neither do the Chinese no? Japanese cards are still allowed in Force, even when playing with English.

>Approaching the Truth
Yay, green gets Preordain now!

I was talking for Casters, specifically. FoW not allowing Chinese cards could be for a completely separate reason.

But the topic was about Force.

I think it was this instance that confused me, because the topic backing wasn't a part of the Pokemon/Casters post, but the one above it was and was about FoW.

Pay more attention to which posts are being quoted.

Oh wait, I thought language clause was something else entirely, my bad. Didn't know it was related to card backings. I was thinking of something else.

fak u

>tfw you pick up a new game and are immediately reminded of how many cards you have to memorize to be meta
Once I know the cards I forget how long it took to learn them all.

One of my biggest problems that made me give up on getting back into yugioh. It doesn't help that the text is horribly formatted, tiny, and awkward as hell. I know I'm a broken record at this point, but look at Wixoss (or pretty much any modern tcg). I have no idea what this card does, but at a glance, it has a continuous ability, and ETB ability, and 2 activated abilities, both with coin costs, one that can only be activated twice per turn, and one that can be activated during the attack phase. With my frankly pathetic grasp of japanese, it shouldn't be easier for me to figure out what a japanese card does than a card printed in english.

For another example, Vanguard is a game I have yet to try (someday I'll get to it), but the formatting makes the card look approachable even with a block of text. And vanguard cards are the same size as yugioh cards.

I remember beating people in YGOPro with Cubics just because no one knew what they did and didn't bother to read their long effects
Now I stopped playing since Links because I don't like them and I am too lazy to refit my pet decks to Links rules.

A very easy way to refit decks for link format is to run 1 copy of Decode Talker and Proxy Dragon.

Best girl.

Reminder that if you don't have 3 copies of this WAIFU, you aren't ALLOWED to play the game! So pay up goym!

I haven't played in a while, but what exactly even is the point of proxy dragon? If you summon it, it doesn't actully point to any of your main field. The only way you can actully do anything with it is to already have decode talker out, right? That's a 5 card investment just for +1 extra zone and a decent protection effect, right?

Am I missing something?

You're not really missing anything.
Really, I underestimated the dedication needed to the link mechanic

I'm a burning Abyss fag, so I'm going to not play very much until we get the new BA Link monster in TCG. It seems pretty Godly. Right now I'm just stuck with running blue eyes at locals since burning Abyss is pretty shity right now

That's the big problem with links. Every other time they added a new type of summon, it either was a mostly separate thing that you could build a deck around or just ignore (syncro, Pendalums), or a really helpful toolbox that almost anyone could throw into their extra deck (XyZ).

But with links, it redid the entire way the game works, and weakened basically every deck, except like 1 or 2 with really didn't give a shit (Pendulum Magicians, SPYRL). Plus, they released the game with like 1 and a half *okay* link monsters (Decode Talker and Proxy kinda), so old decks couldn't really do anything but wait forever. Then they very, very slowly start releasing good links for arctypes like Burning Abyss, but it's taking so fucking long for them to come out that nobody cares.

Like, this could have been a great balance to the game if they reased a fuckton more links to start out, but they didn't. How hard would it really have been to make 1 card for most archetypes? Then, instead of just getting nerfed, at least everyone could have run around with new tech. They could have brought back toons, Gravekeepers, ojama, all sorts of shit with this, but instead it's just an annoying floodgates everyone has to deal with

I would need to rack my brain to make a Sylvan spam deck on Links and I am too lazy for that

>cutest girl Soui only has a lv 0 lrig
Ril is pretty. Is her deck fun?

Ril is pretty fun. She's very aggressively focused (as red LRIGs tend to be), but she she has a lot of neat options and Rise is an interesting mechanic that she has all to herself.

The only problem i really have wiht VG right now is the fucking space it takes up for the stride cost. We're like 3 years in and i dont need a reminder for a core game mechanic anymore. Ultimate stride? Sure, its fine since theyre all sp so it doesnt intrude on the art too much but having 3 whole lines blocking my art is gay

Ya, actully, you are. Proxy ragon needs two monsters to summon, and decode normally needs 3. However it onky costs 2 if the other mobster is a link monster, so it drops the cost of decode down to two

About to open a box of dbs. Wish me luck on getting the pretty SCR

>new noble knight link monster
>new quick play spell

anyone got any sweet lists for NKs?

good luck user! a group of friends of mine are waiting on a case because our local shop's distributor messed up, so no new cards for us yet ;_;

>Still no Cherubini for Burning Abyss in TCG

yugiohtopdecks.com/deck/7040

Safely ignore most of the main deck price unless you want to buy "budget" Ash Blossoms at $44

See
Pay up Goy!

Can anyone who's well versed in Wixoss help me figure out a Yuzuki deck for Webxoss? I don't really know what needs to be ran at what ratios for it to work. So far running Yuzuki Vermillion as 4 and True Yuzuki Five of needed. Main deck probably needs Bolshack and Svarog for pressure, while Ener gain comes from Dracorex, Stego and Spazaus. Guriena is what I'm going for for Ener restrict, along with Cobra and Echidna for Ener burning. Then Apato and Nile for more removal. I'm not sure whether Bahamut is needed but looks fun to run at 1. ARTs wise, it'll probably be Dragon Chain, Storm Warning, Dragon-Guided Wave, Phosphorescent Samsara and Rekindling Effort. I'm probably missing out other ARTs I could use, but I'm not very good at this.
>Why not just post webxoss deck builder/image
Because my comp is bust and mobile a shit for it.