Be me

>Be me
>Starting a new campaign on short notice because the last guy has medical issues that keep him from putting enough prep time in
>Schedule an entire 3-hour block to do 45 minutes of fleshing out character backstory for two fucking people
>Players don't show up

Where were you when you realized your players didn't respect you?

When a player offered to be the new gm since i "was shit" and everyone jumped ship

Yikes, that's gotta hurt

>be a well-known and in-demand DM at my LGS
>owner forwards me an email from a group of 4 people looking for a DM
>older retired guy and his wife, sister, and best friend want me to run an old-school style adventure
>show up at his mansion in the woods
>wife cooked a gourmet dinner
>hundreds of wine bottles
>he's got the DM screen ready to go and printed out character sheets
>we slap some character together in about an hour, end up running a 3-hour session saving a halfling village from goblins
>set up schedule for every week Tuesday evening

Everybody had a great time.

Not getting the disrespect, unless thats the joke

Does it feel good, user? Does it feel good to come into a thread where others voice their woes only so you can parade around your good fortunes? What's next, going to the hospital so you can tell all the terminally ill children how great you feel?

>DM in one group, play in another
>friend is a player in both groups
>says he can only play once a week from now on
>ditches my group

Hurt just a little.

I ran a game for my family in our house to get them into rpgs and some would still not show up

>friends express a lot of interest in having me DM a campaign after I run a one shot
>spend some time making a cool setting for them to play in
>print out a character questionnaire for everyone so I can get an idea of what their characters are like
>it was only a single page with 7 background and personality questions
>at the end of the night I find one sheet on the floor and clearly stepped on, another sheet crumpled in the trash, a third tucked away in a rulebook, and the last sheet was never seen again
>a week later I ask them about their characters and they hem and haw about needing to 'think about it'

You should have asked to see their sheets, to "see how far you got"

I was the player who took over in this situation.

Sorry, but you were shit. And by you, I mean the GM I superceded, which probably isn't actually you, unless you're still complaining about something that happened in 2015.Consider what kind of GM would cause a group to unanimously jump ship like that and replace them in a revolt.

It hurt to do to someone else, but it was either that or the game die, and that's not gonna hurt any less.

>be me
>wake up early, 11:30
>thisisntworthit.jpg
>going to work on my character today
>got my shadman character art and everything
>see pathfinder 2.0 thread
>shitpost for two hours
>shit gm wont work with me anymore
What should I do bros?

If a player dumps your group without warning, they're an asshole.
If ALL they players dump your group without warning, you're an asshole.

Worst.

Shit dudes he wasn't complaining, the OP asked a question and he contributed his answer, nothing more

Not sure I understand. Are you saying your GM won't work with you because you slacked on having your character ready that day?

>players don't respect you
>Veeky Forums doesn't respect you either

Not sure what you mean. That was my first post in the thread, if you are trying to imply I am the original poster in this chain.

All my point is sometimes people try things and end up being bad at it. For some reason in the world of Veeky Forums, that makes you a bad person who needs to be reminded you are bad person.

>that makes you a bad person who needs to be reminded you are bad person.
I mean, duh.

Though, I think we on Veeky Forums are used to only hearing one side of a story, and sometimes we have to extrapolate.

To use the present example - that seems like an extreme step. All the players unanimously agreed on ousting their GM? That's not something that comes up randomly. So it's a fair assumption that the poster did something to prompt this to happen.

It's also not an obvious first step. That is to say, this sequence of events:
>GM ends up being bad at GMing
>Players call him shit, unanimously replace with another player
seems like it's missing a few steps. It seems reasonable to assume there was some kind of gradual lead-up to this action on the part of the players. And if you assume that happens, then the conclusion is that the GM isn't just bad at being a GM, but also failed to improve or act on player feedback. Either that, or they were genuinely surprised by it, meaning they overlooked their players being unhappy until the players felt their only recourse was throwing their GM out and replacing him, in which case, yes, they are a bad person and deserve to be called bad.

I dunno, I've had GMs like this where the game ended due to their lack of skill, and while the shittiness of their game was usually memorable, I got over it and just didn't play with them as a GM again. There was no lingering contempt. Well, maybe for their game, but not for them as people.

We might be one of more civilized corners of this cesspool, but if you come anywhere on Veeky Forums expecting words of encouragement you seriously need to reconsider your world views.

Guys im the guy who posted the first response (sphagetti pockets guy) it was a joke because op is my friend /new gm who invited everyone to a FATE game while I work on my campaign. I just posted it because he said he was starting this thread. Believe me or not it doesnt matter

Eh, Veeky Forums is more blunt than aggressive. Yes, you can't go to Veeky Forums without someone calling you a fag, but people will post what they really think, for good or ill. That can be encouraging, you know, if people agree with you.

Everyone needs that one friend that always tells them the truth, even when it hurts. Veeky Forums is that friend, but with no social filter.

At least for me, my lingering resentment of bad GMs or players usually has less tod o with their skill than their attitude or willingness to adapt to it. A bad GM isn't worth being upset over, but a bad GM that refuses to acknowledge they're a bad GM or change any of the things they're doing that make them bad GMs, that's less forgivable.

Veeky Forums absolutely has its own social filter. It is just different from the RL social filters.

I read a post on here where somone cooked chinese food for there group. They turned up, saw the food, and said "im hungry, lets get mcdonalds" like, what the shit.

Goddamn tiny keyboard

well the rulebook person and the one sheet that was never seen again were probably people who wanted to get back to that at least.
you can forget the sheet in a rulebook or store it there for finding next time, so it doesn't get stepped on or crumpled up. and the other person took it with them
find out who those were, and have a drink with them

Zach?