>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etool.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tool/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/ - Torture Culture
Do your players use any unconventional or nonSRD weapons?

I had a ranger that TWF with a pair of machetes. We just refluffed scimitars for those

How long has the OP said "5etool.com" instead of 5etools.com?

Why exactly did wizard decided to make Forgotten Shits the official settings instead of the clearly superior Eberron?

Dragonborns don't have tails.

My autism is triggered. I want to make one but this makes me a sad man.

I'll still make one but I can't decide on a damn color either. All the artwork I see doesn't really give me inspiration.

I also can't decide between straight-up Fighter powerhouse or Paladin powerhouse.

I have one player with a Reflavored Rapier that looks like a Saber. I have also reflavored longswords and rapiers as Katanas depending on the characters upbringing/desires.

Half-dragons are way more aesthetic. I doubt most DMs would care if you told them your dragonborn looks different.

>Do your players use any unconventional or nonSRD weapons?
I played a Dwarven Kensei strength monk who used an armored gauntlet (reflavored Flail) as a Kensei weapon. He may have been a boxer, but he wasn't retarded enough to try to stop bladed weapons with bare hands.

was the last thread where the url was correct.

Probably since the last time it got DMCAd
I would guess a month or two ago since they had an issue where someone had to rehost the source.

>ever letting anyone have a katana
We aren't /PGG/ user

To be fair that is in the DMG.

Does anyone know if MPMB sheets with XGtE incorporated in it is available anywhere? I can't seem to find it.

Also:
Does anyone have a fun versatile class idea for me to play? I'm a forever DM and I want to play something that can handle itself in combat but still have some magical options outside of it.
Eldritch knight seems kinda dull, so I'm thinking hexblade warlock or combat focused wizard (if there even is such a thing).

I'm still working on the mage killer sublcass, but I need ideas for some features to help it out.

/5eg/, how do you feel about attack-customizing abilities such as Battle Maneuvers and Metamagic not all being available from the start? Would you say "unlocking" a character's battle options one by one makes for good gameplay, or is it a limiting mechanic that forces players to scrape the bottom of the barrel as they level up?

A druid player wanted to dual wield sickles, so we refluffed daggers.

>versatile class
mystic are probably the most versatile one if you like psionic/your DM allows UA

Aren't sickles already in the PHB

Why do you need to make wizard even more retarded compared to sorcerer?

Anyone ever wrote a love letter in character before be it as an NPC to PC or PC to NPC? I'm taking my hand at it, as the character is a bit too scared to say the things out loud.

I think we're going to play with core books since it's one of my players who's going to try and DM for the first time. We'll be starting on third level though since we have all played for 2 years in my campaign

>mfw a nigga asked my DM if he could have a katana that was a longsword by finesse when one handed

I want to cut my teeth on DMing and I'm looking at roll20 to do it because none of my IRL friends have any interest whatsoever and I have no local game shop or anything of the like. My question is can you use the player maps for sunless citadel or the like as maps on roll20? I am prepared to have to deal with the bunch of misfits that comes with a random roll20 game.

I don't like the narrow number of metamagic options that you get. Sorcerers need to choose between being flavorful and being effective early on. Since most campaigns only get up to level 10 you barely have any options for most of the game. This limits their options, especially in pointbuy scenarios where you can't compensate for suboptimal choices with rolled stats.
I don't want metamagic to be available from the start, but I want a sorcerer to have access to more of them, and to get maybe one every off level.

Right, correction: he wanted them to be finesse. So I just refluffed dagger and deducted 2 GP from his starting funds. Which, uh, doesn't have anything to do with OP's question, when I think about it.

...what? I think you have the wrong user.

As you should

Just say your character is a genetic throwback to when Dragonborn were more draconic, as opposed to their more modern mammalian appearance.

When in doubt, go Gold or Red. Fire damage is really common, so it's good to have some resistance. As for character art, go to tumblr or artstation.

Go Paladin, that way you can put your Chr bonus to use.

That's just a rapier though.

What about a druid? In particular a moon one so you can get up in some melee as well as spell casting should you need too.

A rapier with Versatile.

I wish my fellow players would take RPing as seriously as you, user. I'd like to try but I think I would come off as autistic or tryhard next to these memers.

No, he's got the right user. Why do you want to punish the weakest fullcaster?

One of my players have already played a moon druid so I'd rather pick something new to explore

But Katana's are traditionally used two handed.

I gave my player a 1 handed katana that was just a Rapier that delt slashing damage.

Yes, but it was part of a political ploy by my Warlock so I don't really think that counts.

But Katana's are traditionally single engine*

>Do your players use any unconventional or nonSRD weapons?

I played in a brief campaign with a character inspired by Alfred from Bloodborne. He used a large wagon wheel with the stats of a maul

Have you ever been in a campaign where a female player ended up being the leader of the party?

What about a cleric?

at what point of CoS we get the tarot cards reading?

I'm planning to run tomb of annihilation in eberron. where should i place it, in xen'drix or q'barra?
Also, general tips for tomb of annihilation?

Part 3

My ranger's concept was influenced a bit by the Tsuruchi from the Mantis Clan in L5R. So as a backup for his longbow he also has a pair of kama that we just treat as sickles.

If you can get UA, you might be able to get Zeal Cleric. If you are only playing to level 10-12, you could multiclass into a fighter/barb for extra attacks. DEX is important, so you could use a rapier as the weapon without too much MAD going on.

Speaking of Monk, maybe look into monk.

I need ideas for orc subraces.

Whats the smart orcs
Make it those

Running one right now. The guys in the group are a total noob, a nitpicking munchkin who usually plays Shadowrum, and another munchkin who's more worried about his character build than why je's fighting. So the de facto leader of the team is the only one who has any explicit motivation or relationship to an NPC.

Orogs? Yeah those are a thing.

But like what about regional varieties of orcs. Mountain orcs, hill orcs. Forest orcs etc

Just lift what they did with Drow in Eberron and make them a bunch of Orc tribes/subraces instead.
In summary:
One is fire-binding worshipers of the previous race that had enslaved them (giants), who lives in cities and spires made of obsidian.
One is locked beneath the ground and bound their souls to dark spirits so that they can fight even worse evils
One is your typical drow only they worship and ride scorpions

Give them some subrace racials that fit similar themes and you are golden.

Gork Orc - You are cunningly brutal. You gain a +1 to constitution.
Mork Orc - You are brutally cunning. You do not decrease your intelligence if you are a Mork Orc.

Ah, so make them like 40k orks, with major clans creating many smaller offshoots?

>Eberron managed to make the most retarded race ever created interesting
>Lol here's some more faerun shit for 5e, a 3 page UA for eberron is more than enough
Sometimes i hate wizard of the coast

I can't into space so I am not familiar with how orcs there work exactly but - kind of. Make them into distinct clans/nations/organisations like you would humans. You could put some eastern mysticism/Chinese folklore in there yoo if you want to spice it up. Monocultural races are boring and don;t make much sense.

The game already limits them 1st the beginning. I'd rather amp the numbers they can learn later up than restrict the low levels further, they're too integral to the class identity.

You need to chill and read my post again.

>/5eg/, how do you feel about attack-customizing abilities such as Battle Maneuvers and Metamagic not all being available from the start?
>Implied: I'm considering making them all available from the start

I have absolutely no idea how you concluded I'd be NERFING those classes. I'm sorry someone shat in your cereal today but it's not a reason to get mad at random folks.

In 40k there are something like, seven great clans who each do something different. Like the evil sunz are obsessed with going fast, the blood axes adapt human military tactics, etc

I think most people here are pretty OK with it. The only hold up I can think of is that it might cause combat to drag out as the players um-and-uhhh while trying to decide what to do.
>Not that casters don't do this already

I'd start with half of all the available options, or just double the numbers from the original rules. Gives some room to grow and let's there still be a bit of customization at the beginning through restrictions.

They said they would keep the system for 20 years if it still works so they are giving themselves plenty of time to add one of the most beloved settings on year 19 :^)

Here's the basic D&D orc subraces.

>Orcus Porcus
Well there's the name for my Orc Wizard

>Anime op
Begone fag

While in the Forgotten Realms they're divided into Mountain Orcs (standard orcs), Grey Orcs (more pious), Orogs (underdark orcs), and Ondontis (pacifist orcs).

And of course there's the Scro from spelljammer.

Are classic orogs and ogrilions a thing anyhmore?

Valor bard?

They are both in the monster manual.

Orogs as in orc/ogre halfbreeds

Oh, I should say, that letter in the image is not my letter. I'm just using it as an example.

I'm trying to compose all of these thoughts into one letter (Sorry if this comes off as a bit rambly), maybe you guys could help.
Its a note from an NPC to a PC: girl trying to put her feelings into words cause talking is really hard to do when you both nearly died via disintegration from a Beholder Zombie.

>How much she loves him and what seeing him at his best does to her.

>Their first date: They saw a romance theatrical play with a lot of dancing that the guy did not really understand, but he stayed anyway just to spend some time with her.

>How much he inspires her: Before meeting him she lived a life of general mediocrity, no friends, a family that was never truly impressed with her no matter how hard she tried, and school. Only to find a renewed passionate drive in his actions to save lives and protect those less fortunate. Now she's a part of that, making stuff for him and his friends and even fighting alongside him in his time of need.

>How scared she is that he's going to regress into a similar state she was before meeting him/die: She overheard a conversation that's making her think he's going to do something really stupid like push his friends away when things get too dangerous/in a mental breakdown and do some ridiculous martyr type maneuver to save everyone and that terrifies her.

>Not photorealistic
>Anime
Do you not know where we are? It's no catgirl or flat shaded anime like paizo. We got anime memes for a reason.

>Orcus Porcus
Nice. They don't even try to hide the fact that orcs are mutated bacon.

Are valor bards any fun? How would you RP that? Skald?

Ah. Officially, no. But you could just say they are.

Thinking about rolling a Druid /5eg/, give me a fun
race/circle/feats combo to play

>posts furfag image
>"do all my work for me!"
Play circle of the moon and gather an army of all sorts of shit to follow you.

Never saw a tauren furrfag...
And I'm just looking for some inspiration

>Starting at 10th level, a Mage Breaker learns secret techniques dedicated to countering the special techniques of his foes. When a Mage Breaker successfully lands an attack on a creature, that creature must pass a Constitution check or be unable to use special features, such as spellcasting or legendary actions, until they complete a long rest.

I thought of this, then realized this is better as an 18th level improvement. What do you think?

Haven't played one, but they look fun on paper at least. Probably the best gish you can get without multiclassing. Skald could work, but the idea I've always had for a Valor Bard is an old grumpy Mountain Dwarf whose bardic inspirations are military pep talks.
>"You think that fuckin' Orc's gonna beat you? Get yer shit together and rip his fuckin' head off ya candy ass!"

Legendary actions are the only reason BBEGs can even try to compete with the party, if you take that away any big fight becomes easy mode for everyone

I hope you realize this is a completely retarded ability that turns any epic boss fight into a fucking joke.

that's incredibly strong, considering how many enemies use special features and/or legendary actions

Warforged spore druid.

You're obsessed with protecting organic life, but you have trouble distinguishing between what's "nice" and what's "gross."

Bard you baka. Lore lets you steal from other spell llsts and valor makes you a better EK than EK.

War wizard is a thing in xgte, they get multiple attacks, heavier armour and bonuses to initiative and stuff, that might be what you're looking for

It'd be more balanced if it was limited to just spellcasting, only lasted until the end of your next turn, and could be used a number of times equal to some modifier like strength or int or whatever. At any level that ability is way too strong.

Thoughts?
Made a monster to fuck with spellcasters.
It's originally from 3.5 though.

Hill dwarf circle of the land (mountain)

this nigga a boss

He meant you would be hurting the wizard by making the sorc. much stronger by comparison, and I agree with him. It would be a bad idea to start with them all available. It makes the rewards given later useless. They would need to be replaced or they just get less when they level up. For me the best part of D&D is leveling up to get stronger. I am not a big fan of starting with end game tier abilities and gear.

That being said I know some people enjoy playing games where 6th level characters have legendary gear and equipment alone with boons turning them into vampires and game altering mechanics. If you want to play a game staring with strong ass characters go for it. Just don't forget to compensate the other classes or you may end up with 5 sorc. In a party.

Ultimately do whatever will be the most fun for your group.

Whip-sword

So are longswords.

Like ivy's sword?
Cause that is legit.

Anyone wanna try my dungeon crawler setting?

I don't think that is correct. Long sword is traditionally one handed. "D&D's" long sword is technically a bastard sword. The name was changed for the game for obvious reasons.

Ghostwise Halfling Shepherd Druid, even better if you take the Animal Handler feat. Since you now share a language with animals, you can now communicate with them telepathically. To everyone else, animals spontaneously act different around you, seemingly without you doing anything.

>He meant you would be hurting the wizard by making the sorc. much stronger by comparison
Oh no heaven forbid the precious wizard gets hurt in any way.

Eberron is too... out of the ordinary. It's not completely generic fantasy. It's too far out for a lot of people who would think of Lord of the Rings when you say Fantasy.

I'll listen to your elevator pitch

What's the deal with Eberron?

Well technically they used to have both.

Its basically Magiteck Post WW1. It also tends to run more pulpy adventures

The big city where most of your adventures start is basically New York

Obviously this is subject to what actually happens but I've decided I want some kind of character arc for the vengeance paladin I'm going to be playing, because usually my characters are very stagnant. I don't care much about where he starts or where he ends, if its a positive arc or a downward spiral.

Basically all I have to work with is the fact that he wants to kill the person he idolized, who betrayed him. So I have

>Oath
Fight greater evil, no mercy, by any means, and restitution.
>Worships(?) tyr to some extent
Respect fallen enemies, dont sacrifice corpses, be lawful good, kill evil.
>Personality
Judge people by actions, fairness, betrayal bond, and punish evil.

Very complementary traits across the board but I don't know where to have the character start personality-wise. Restitution part of vengeance is something I'm not certain of, but I guess everything here lets my character go with an "ends justify the means" mentality. but I'm not sure. Restitution also is kind of an "everything is my fault" aspect of the oath.

I need any advice I can get.

How many UA options are coming into tome of foes? I NEED menacing back for my AL games.
Also, how do people feel about critical charts? I Played a session with a dm who was adamant about using them. In the course of the session something Like 3 enemies half killed themselves, went prone or Knocked themselves out via misses
Finally, I want to create a diablo throwback. That is to say something capable of dual wielding two-handers or a paladin bringing a giant shield and a two-handed flail