Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

Feeding The Dog Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/A_Blaze_of_Glory#The_Battle
bfa.wowhead.com/npc=132998/ghuun#modelviewer:10 0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stromgarde... home

I prefer the real gnomes.

Just played through the TFT epilogue and somehow missed the panda bit Chen Stormstout? wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/A_Blaze_of_Glory#The_Battle
How'd they get an entire expansion again?

That image is from WoD

>4 foot tall rolling boulder of doom
The best way to play a gnome

talking about the drawing not the screenshot itself*

"My father once told me the world was gonna roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed" -Jaina Proudmoore

Why didn't she listen...

He's an optional questgiver in the first chapter, and permanently joins you as a hero unit after that.

As for why they got an expansion? Because they had a lot of cool ideas for Pandaria. It's certainly a more cohesive expansion concept than Cataclysm, where it was pretty clear they had no idea what they were doing.

Because she was objectively in the right. And then Kosak happened.

HOLY SHIT NEW ALLIED RACE CONFIRMED
CHECK WOWHEAD
http //www.wowhead com/alterac-human-allied-race

Pretty much, at that point orcs werent dindu nuffins, but sctually knew they had problems before and were tryign to make ammends with Kalindor Alliance. Red vs blue had weakened a lot and there was a lot of factions all around. When I master an warcraft rpg, I just either play jsut after wc3 or redo a lot of stuff in WoW. No player minds as they fin a lot of the game lore weird after a point too.

As said, Jaina was absolutely in the right at the time. It was only over a decade later that fate sought to try and vindicate Daelin.

>"No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you."
Daelin was a visionary who saw through the false ideal of peace and reckognized the orcs for what they truly are. It's a shame he failed

There better not be any BLOOD TROLLS reading this thread right now.

Sell me on gnomes. I never rolled one because I'm a customization whore and they lack cool representation. But I like Dwarves and Gnomes are their cousins, who are also important to the WC2 Alliance.

>when you see another talking frog

human blitzkrieg when?

Imagine you're a gnome. And your gnome home went Chernobyl because one of the top brass went supervillain levels of crazy. So you and all your non-irradiated friends have to flee to Ironforge, basically living off of good will for the time being. Between that and the way the world already treats you for being small, it's a pretty dismal feeling. So you are gonna prove that you're not a liability. You're gonna use engineering and magic and whatever else you've got up your sleeve to help out the dwarves and the alliance as a whole. You're gonna make them say "hot damn, am I glad we've got gnomes on our side."

Too bad Blizzard doesn't make them more than background candy.

When that CK2 Warcraft mod comes out these threads will be filled with wish fulfillment blobs of the Scarlets/Stromgarde/Amani/Forsaken taking over the world.

You forgot one.

Who is/ was the strongest dragon aspect?

Nozdormu.

I'd say Malygos because ::magic::
Otherwise it's a toss-up between Neltharion, Alexstrasza, and Malygos.
Nozdormu is basically powerless.
The dream chick is useless.

Deathwing.

Canonically Deathwing. There's a reason why all of the other dragon flights had to band together to deal with him, and then all of the other dragon flights plus all of the mortal races.

>There's a reason why
aside from, y'know, the Demon Soul?

>they lack cool representation
>spidertanks
>Mekkatorque's suit
>Anzka's art

they are not even in the alliance bfa banner or whatever this is

>2 humans
>No gnomes

Yeah, the other Aspects were completely wiping the floor with Deathwing once the Demon Soul was out of the way. And while Deathwing did get stronger later, Alex still managed to at least fend him off when they fought in the Twilight Highlands.

In that case, why didn't the Aspects effortlessly smite him during Cataclysm, way after he was depowered?

And the second human isn't even a named character. They are REALLY afraid of looking "kiddy" after Mists, huh?

God CGI Genn looks so fucking stupid.

New allied races datamined

You're talking about Genn? Loot at goddamn Anduin. What the hell is going on with his breastplate? Or his goddamn hair? Why the incredibly stupid looking helmet?

why a night elf from 10+ years ago looks better... really makes you think

Deathwing aside, Alexstraza. She's literally the queen of dragons.

Malygos was dead, Nozdormu was MIA, and Ysera was busy with the Nightmare. Plus, I think Deathwing got a slight power boost from the Old Gods to go along with the armour, so he was slightly too strong to be 1v1'd.

Plot armour, in other words.

>Not playing Aedelas Blackmoore that takes over Lordaeron with his army of Orcs after he ceases to be a drunkard when Thrall dies
>With Arthas and his wife, Jaina, escapes to Stormwind
>Kel'Thuzad is Blackmoore's Court Mage

Oh Christ alive, I just noticed the breastplate. He's got his entire fucking pectoral muscles exposed. I think the helmet can work, just not on him though.

I remember when they were gonna make Anduin a priest. But then they decided making him Arthas-Varian would be a lot cooler.

Shush now.

I struggled to get into playing a gnome until I saw that Legion had made Mechanical hunter pets a thing.

Slap on a Professor title, grab your favorite gun model, and stand back as you spam Dire Beast glyphed to pull out mechanical squirrels, explosive sheep, and GIANT MECHANICAL ARACHNIDS OF DEATH.

Nevermind them. Look at THIS fucking guy.

>But then they decided making him Arthas-Varian would be a lot cooler.
To be fair, that DOES sound cooler than a priest. Also they're still trying to insist that he's a priest when he's toting around plate armor, a two-handed sword and casting Mass Resurrection, a Paladin spell from the RTS games.

he's still officially a priest, hearthstone has tied their hands in that respect

is there a horde version of this?

mirin those pecs

>Azerothian humans have only 4 fingers in their arms

>To be fair, that DOES sound cooler than a priest.
Eh. Paladins are a dime a dozen. Having a (non-mage) clothie as a main character for once would have been neat, even if Anduin is blander than milk.

i didnt edit it dont want to start shit

Use your imagination is all I can say. It can be interesting to build a character from the ground up.

Well I bet they had way more time to work on her since that trailer had like 4 models. BfA trailer had around a ton. They can into decent females, check out Sylvanas sculpt for Legion intro cinematic.

F

ahh, this looks much better and more cohesive

>no goblins
>no gnomes in the alliance one

I'm sensing a conspiracy.

looks like goblins got shafted too

>2 orcs and 2 forsaken
>no blood elf or goblin

That's one really short tauren, btw.

>2 forsaken
2 forms of elves

He really is. I know canonically Tauren are supposed to be like 10+ feet tall and that's hard to fit into this kind of image but fuck, they made him smaller than Saurfang.

>WoW devs giving a fuck about Hearthstone canon
>Hearthstone devs giving a fuck about WoW canon

>flat Aly
Gross

>tfw no mommy of dragons

Twist: their daughter is Thisalee Crow.

I can argue that he's a cavalry archer and uses these for stability. Or, which is more likely, just not to seem smol near other chad hordes.

>mommystraza

>no belf
This doesn't represent MY horde

Mirin' that older Hunter PvP armor though. It's also cool to see trolls in... anything.

So Alex. At what point in time was she
>Brood mother of orc battle dragons
>Held in captivity and used as baby factory against her will
>Aspect of life and most loving dragon mommy of them all
and whose idea was it to combine the three?
Was it their magical realm?

Ya know, she has a pretty positive demeanor despite all that. Gotta give her credit for that at least.

>You remind me of myself in my younger days.
>...my much, much younger days...
>Audible thousand yard stare in that voice
At times, being Khadgar is suffering.

don't slander my waifu by saying things like that please

>Implying Tyrande ever had sex with Malfurion

They did. Thats why Illidan is so angry.

He truly is one of us.

>autistically destroy your life and everyone around yours to save your waifu
>she still doesnt notice you

RedMama before Deathwing got his insanity buff.

Is the Alliance rebuilding it once they take the Eastern Kingdoms in BFA?

Who ready for Void Lords here?

Only if some of the biggest Old Gods minions will appear.
Boss material right there.

WE DARK IRON SHAMAN NOW BOYS!
I really hate the lumpy extra cartoony walls, and the Garrison buildings especially the Mage tower and Keep/barracks are terrible.

>tfw you will never give Khadgar a hug and tell him that you appreciate him and like his dumb jokes

At least he's still cool as a cucumber.

I'm pretty sure that guy is a Hearthstone OC

I'm really not a fan of how the Horde incorporated a lot of the "True Horde" / Iron Horde tech after WoD. I mean, I get it, especially since Garrosh had already set a lot of it up in Orgrimmar, but it just seems dirty to me. Plus, I guess I just liked the older Horde aesthetic more, rather than rutted, black iron look many of its war machines and infrastructure have now.

He is. Still, its sheer might is what makes it good potential raid boss.
Things like pic related could easily appear in Ny'alotha as regular mobs.

We needs lots and lots of iron to defeat the space invaders, user.

Jup whispers had some good Old God minions. Altough it would be oretty hard to explain why we never heard of the Ancient One before, since his Hearthstone lore was that he was the primary general of the black empire iIrc.

>The Old Gods, even while chained beneath the crust of Azeroth, led massive armies and empowered fearsome generals. The Ancient One was vanquished long ago, but it's hard to keep the minions of the Old Gods down, and with enough of its blood, you can herald the return of the Old Gods' greatest creation!
We have Blood God and blood magic more established in this expansion, N'zoth will most likely be faced in BfA. This is probably the best time.

WoW's been using ideas from Hearthstone lately. They added Sir Finley Mrrglton to the game and now Sky-Cap'n Kragg's coming in BFA.

Aaand I forgot the pic.

Murlocs in the Alliance when?

Cool idea for a raid boss - the Ancient One lumbers towards your faction's capital city and you have to DPS him down before he reaches it, like Lao-Shan Lung from Monster Hunter, only with more tentacles and something for the tanks to do, like maybe make his blood turn into living enemies for them to pick up as you fight him.

>Sky-Cap'n Kragg
Let's not forget that his trusty parrot mount is there too!

>tfw Justicar Trueheart wasn't a paladin order champion instead of Nerus "literal servant of the Burning Legion" Moonfang

>Dude decks inferior to straight up Murloc decks for the longest time
>Silver Hand starts accepting Murlocs because they are resourceful
>Murloc Paladins become a thing

Though it would be cool you are full of shit.

Speaking of Blood Gods, G'huun has animations now.
bfa.wowhead.com/npc=132998/ghuun#modelviewer:10 0