Commander/EDH general

"Fuck All Y'all" edition

Previously: RESOURCES
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread question
Have you ever built a deck meant to specifically hose one player or strategy?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edgar-markov-671/?cb=1520463940
edhrec.com/tribes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Have you ever built a deck meant to specifically hose one player or strategy?
no that sounds like a dumb idea

No? Who does this?

I considered building pic related to meme on the 3+ Krenko players I know.

No, but i did put a surgical extraction in to throw at the guy with the relentless rats meme deck.

>Thread question
No, but my friend did that to me once. Way back when my group still played 60-card casual, I built a Big Blue sea monsters deck with Quest for Ula's Temple as the way to cheat out the big boys, and it was unstoppable. Until the next time we played and the guy packed a GW deck that was almost half-full of Disenchant effects.

Post budget viable 1v1 (MODO) decks

heh

>just ordered a ton of shit for 3 new decks
>didn't playtest any of them
How dumb am I

Reminds me of the Kaalia player who put pic related into his deck specifically to fuck with my Shadowborn Apostle meme deck.

I built Horobi to teach people about targeting and the stack, also to make timmy hate me forever

do it user, build circle of protection tribal, i dare you

playtesting excessively ruins the fun anyway. as long as you didn't drop serious cash on some fringe jank that can never go into any other deck, then who cares

Some of it was, but most of it can go into a lot of different decks. Utility lands/creatures and such

I run a Blaxos deck with Stony Silence, Null Rod, Kataki, Blind Obedience, Aura of Silence, and no Sol Ring.

can someone take a look at my edgar deck? i know i know another edgar deck, but its my first edh deck ive put some money into. i would like to find room for vampire cutthroat and sangromancer. any criticisms would help. thanks

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edgar-markov-671/?cb=1520463940

Yes, my friend and I got into magic about 2 1/2 years ago, BFZ and Oath coming out. Transitioned into mainly commander format with going to prereleases. He goes out and makes a $1700 karador so I make a budget anafenza graveyard hate deck. He was pissed and still hasn't won a game with karador.

Anyone got any red spice for goblins, I already know about skirk fire marshal

Pls
Would Edric be a decent one?

I suppose. Lil Zurgo might be OK too

he's on the banlist for 1v1, so yes. The deck is very hard to beat if it runs without a hitch in the early game, but the card draw benefit grows riskier the longer you play passively.

Will pic related work as a good base for a casual vehicle deck after the rotation? I already have an Edgar deck so I have a basic RBW mana base at least

I'm not a faggot, so no.

Rotation doesn't happen in EDH. Or do you mean getting the challenge deck cheap to beef up your EDH? Because that seems bad thanks to the multiple copies. Now, if you're meaning to use Vehicle Rush in standard and then get continued use out of the cards it probably has nice things for Depala...

I'm building gay kings in his honor, what are the gayest cards you know? It can either be because they are actually gay, or it does something so ridiculous it's gay.

Wait so I can't use him for the MODO 1v1?
So like the other guy said little zurgo or something else?

>Now, if you're meaning to use Vehicle Rush in standard and then get continued use out of the cards it probably has nice things for Depala...
Yup, that's what I mean. This deck will rotate out in september and I don't want to spend bucks on a deck that will find no use outside the standard. I hoped that with some extra budget cards and stuff from the Markov deck it might work as a casual vroom vroom EDH deck.
I'm also thinking about pic related but fuck me if I know if there are any newbie-friendly BG commanders focused on +1/+1 shenanigans

I need help with a Reaper King deck, trying to keep the budget at $200~, anyone have something I can work with?

Alesha who smiles at death

>black identity

Control is pretty gay. Also, I would put cards with buff muscled man like pic related. You might want to look at theros and amonkhet, both should have a decent amount of buff man without shirts.

This man gets it

shit i'm sorry I didn't read correctly. I don't know about the online legality but regardless, Edric's a fine choice

Thread question:
I actually have! I built Gonti in response to my friends building super linear decks and filled it with memoricide effects and just kept exiling their win conditions.

It did work when it worked, it lost every other game to like dinosaur tribal.

play as many 3+ colors stuff as possible, also vivid lands and other shit with "chromatic" in the card name and/or rainbows in the art.

I was looking for something more Gay, with capital G, not trannies.

I guess I should take a look into it.

Shit he actually is banned, well fug, I guess it's Tiny Zurgo or bust, unless I can make a real cheap Edgar deck.

STD results just came back negative, lads. Rec a commander for this feel?

Did not think about the rainbow aspect of it, it would also help fix a 4c mana base, thanks.

>BG
go full WBG, maximize the +1/+1 counters with token support. Abzan has some commanders that aren't costly and support a combination of both mechanics.

Kytheon with pic related and all healing effects you can find

Gotcha. Then: Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary

This is you commander, yes?

Use basic lands and other cards with art by Rebecca Guay (it's pronounced "gay")

>or it does something so ridiculous it's gay.
cyclonic rift - nothing more ridiculous that bouncing all of your opponents permanents
lightning greaves - 0 equip cost? pretty ridiculous
rhystic study - what a ridiculous card

i am a faggot. still no.

>no black
>one of them is a black man
How is this Blue?

just get changeling tribal shit and there you go
don't forget panharmonicon

Beautiful

the only planeswalker that can copulate with himself to create copies

he actually was bisexual but ok

>How is this Blue?
"at the beginning of your end step, draw a card"
that part is definitely blue. it's the red part which is lacking the most.

4+ color commanders are all nonsense. it's impossible to shove all of the colors onto one card.

I don't get it, is he canon gay or are you just saying that elves are gay? Either way, he is banned.

yes.

well, that is something I can do for the basic lands. Didn't think of that, thanks.

For now, cyclonic and rhystic are on the maybe list. greaves are not gay enough.

>greaves are not gay enough.
really? every homosexual person i've ever known has worn shoes. and every gay edh player i've ever known has run lightning greaves in their decks. what could be more gay?

Red is all about passion and expression and they're openly gay so that's likely it.

I dunno if the draw is enough to make it blue, I think it being linked to lands is more green.

effects that benefit or inconvenience all players is definitely red too

>Jace, Cumming Castaway
In.

A lot of people run greaves or swiftboots, I feel like it wouldn't be really gay.

ya, faggot built a meren deck in my play group and wouldnt stop playing it so i build anafenza with a shit load of grave hate in it and a token theme until he started playing other stuff

Show the table who the boss of the gym is by using image related

>Red is all about passion and expression and they're openly gay so that's likely it.
that is the dumbest reasoning i can imagine. are you 15?

>I dunno if the draw is enough to make it blue
oh ok....you just have no idea what you're talking about.

red and white are terrible at card draw. green only really ever draws cards in relation to it's creatures and usually as a one time effect (i.e. "draw cards equal to the highest power of creatures you control"). blue is the only color that gets howling mine effects.

Don't forget your Tivadar's Crusade!

People have been saying that in this thread about kangz for ages mate.

Reminds me of when people get upset with gayposting.

Thinking about making a deck with him and Tymna, using Shadow and evasive creatures.
Y/N?

He is a good option artwise, but I feel like his ability isn't cut for it. Will keep it on the maybe list.

>People have been saying that in this thread about kangz for ages mate.
just because lots of people have said it before doesn't make it less stupid. you have the option to say smart things instead of stupid things if you want to.

>that is the dumbest reasoning i can imagine. are you 15?

literally every thread ever about gay kings says the same thing

Are you new?

They're not new, just Reddit.

>we're just pretending to be retarded as a joke
ahhh yes. i can't see how that would ever get old.

So, how does Yasova's second ability work?

t. nigger

and of course, enthralling victor to turn your opponents gay
>implying you don't want to sleep on his chest like a pillow
lmao

Anyone got good
>Rat
>Elf
>Ork
>Skeleton
tribal decks?

why is this nigga 20 bucks? wtf

lots of people want that card but there aren't very many of them so the price increases

>Make everything stronger
>Also if they touch you, you're dead anyway
>In a deck where you create millions of zombies
>at mythic
I wonder

not to mention cheap as fuck to cast

Do it

>implying implications

Anyone ever play Mimeoplasm? He looks fun but I want to add shit like mill.

>Anyone ever play Mimeoplasm?
yes
>He looks fun but
yeah pretty fun
>I want to add shit like mill.
pretty sure you're allowed to do that

edhrec.com/tribes

>not allowed

but i wanna group mill my opponents and steal their shit

a truly insightful post

what would edhg do without posters like you?

how is anafenza to pilot? how do people usually build her? i want an abzan colors deck that wont get me hated out but im leaning towards ghave

Obligatory

I sure as hell don't understand how her first ability works

i dunno man. all the stupid questions would just go unanswered i guess.

>insert Shirei deck building question

If you had to make pre-completion Praetors, how would you design each one?

Doug Shuler's art has a lot of shirtless dudes

>don't bother with creatures that give you monarch benefits or effects. Just use a blinker
Is this actually true? This is unfortunate, I was planning to run quite a few of them because they dont get any love

Do it.

Great card art but...otherwise a pretty bad card

Fuck that art is brutal

Noted.

List of those cards?

I found a steady edh group. Maybe it's time to buy an edh deck.

I prefer general generals, or generals that are interesting.

Hope you have a good time for a long time friend.

make my pet deck for great times

?
I've put a card or two into my deck just to deal with certain decks I commonly played against, but nothing like building an entire deck. That just sounds stupid.

I'm not a fan of izzett decks, because they all tend to be the same, in my experience online.