mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Previous Thread:

stop making new threads on page 6

Best Eldar unit

ffs stop making threads just because the previous one is going into autosage you fucking newfag

Taufag here. When it comes to Fire Warriors I'v got 22 Strike Team guys with pulse rifles and 10 Breacher boys. I've got 10 more on sprue. Should I go with 10 more breachers just for the fuck of it or go full gun-line?

This thread is now protected from all fugboys.

It all depends on what Sept you think you want to run.

Only another Breacher team if you can reliably put them in a Devilfish. Even then, another strike team might be best

Go Fire Warriors but please for the love of God learn to stop gun lining and instead playing with aggressive zoning.

this.
if you keep this shit up I'm just going to sage all my posts until the bump limit out of spite.

I'll ask again, does this look like a unit that is worth taking?

Look like really inferior Eldar rangers, I'd rather just take stealth suits.

How many different Kroot units have you made so far?

Goddamn, why does this thread exist already, it;s too fucking early

Elf-loving faggot wanted to claim the op asap for his beloved faggot faction. Nothing new.

Not him but I only stop gunlining when we play for objectives (which to be fair is most of the time). Otherwise, the army is most efficiently played by staying static, making the mid-board a killing field and only using mobile units to go after the enemy's backfield stuff.

Topic for tonights thread:

Which upcoming codex for 8th edition do you think will help boost the armies power level the most?

I want to say Necrons because there is no way their codex could be any worse than their index at this point. I'm hoping a few good stratagems for them and maybe some more wargear.

That is 100% incorrect, it works against casuals and nothing else.

Nine.

2 HQs
1 Troop
2 Elites
2 Fast Attack (with this one)
& 2 Heavy Support
so far.

Neat, I hope you're able to find people willing to play against homebrew.

I'm looking forward to the lore in the Tau codex. There have been some interesting hints, and a lot of people (mainly non-Tau players, but still) would welcome an injection of grimdark into the faction.

Personally I would wait till after the Tau codex has dropped in case there's any changes to/new units for Kroot. That way you can factor in those changes while making it and don't have to go back and re-balance everything.

I've been welcoming the grimdark slowly seeping into the faction. Certain other elements of the lore, like the fact that they're using fucking titans now, I can't stand, but I'm really curious about their FTL, and I want to hear about all the shit they've gotten up to in the last 100 years. Here's hoping for chaos tau.

new fag from DoW. Ive been watching battle reports to check out different factions in play. Ill make sure to read some codex tonight. I guess Im currently more interested in factions looks than playstyles and the marines are just neato

>I want to say Necrons because there is no way their codex could be any worse than their index at this point.
Don't you fucking jinx it user!

I'd say Necrons.

That said, I'm hoping that the Ork codex brings up the rest of the army. I don't need Boys or Stormboys to receive a boost barring stratagems and clans but I DO need Burnas, Flashgits, Lootas and the Stompa to be actual threats

Are Flamer Aggressors ever worth taking without a Repulsor?

I want to like them, but I'm having a hard time justifying them over Bolter Aggressors. Even though I'm going to run them as Salamanders and Flamers would be fluffy as fuck.

>6d6 auto-hits at 8"
vs
>18 + 3d6 shots at 18"

I've got to agree with you on this one, Necrons are not only one of the worst armies in the game right now but they are also one of the less varried too, forcing you to go cryptek/Warrirors spam because everything else in the index is lackluster at best, downright useless at worse. They are pretty boring to play too.

Altho, Orks would really benefit from a codex as well : they have one of the worst internal balance in the game right now with some units (boyz, weridboyz, tankbustas) being quite good while other units (kopters, gorkanaught) being utter trash.

Orks or T'au

I highly, highly doubt there will be any new Kroot units in the codex. And, if there are any significant stat changes it wouldn't be all that hard to do some rebalancing.

>without a Repulsor?

you would never take a repulsor anyway because its shit

but flamer aggressors are decent if you go ravenguard to infiltrate them

>tfw you stopped playing tabletop in 4th to play DoW
>tfw you are only now returning to tabletop
It is a good time to get back in to the hobby user.

That is the correct approach. Pick an army you like aesthetically. If its marines or another faction in a starter set, pick it up and split the half you don't want with someone else. If you like marines then you get both starters.
If your army doesn't have starter set (I.e. Dark Eldar), just pick up the "Start Collecting!" box and a unit you like the look of. It's a good starting point. Just don't get too many models as it'll be overwhelming.

Your version of Kroot Carnivores still seem underwhelming. Make em 6ppm with a 5++ and sniper rounds

Is the Dark Heresy 2E expansion 'The enemy without' in any of the Megas? I can't seem to find it in there.

If anyone could toss me a link, it would be greatly appreciated!

I am unfamiliar with sniper rounds. What did they do?

>Played DoW
>Turned into playing tabletop
>Footslogging guard army taking on the horros of the universe with boots and bayonets
>6th dropped. Wasn't really happy. Started seeing all these giant models taking up the tables
>Fast forward to now, still see giant models everywhere, and kind of hate that.

Is it really a good time user? Not even shitposting, just really don't look forward to the idea of buying everything over again just to play people spamming like 3-6 models that make up their entire 2k army

What's using homer beacons at the start of the movement supposed to mean? You can't deep strike next to it anymore?

Just make kroot guns have the ability to target characters even if they arent the closest model. 6ppm Kroot with a 5++ and that ability to snipe would make them soooo worthwhile to take. Give em a special rule too where they can deploy within 6" of any table edge. That'd be a fluffy rule.

It is a fantastic time, like for real. The gigantic models get blown the fuck away by turn 2 and there are more army builds than ever before.
You should be ecstatic over the new edition to be honest because your faction hasn't been in such a good place for a long time.

Well yeah if you're playing competitively you're pretty much forced (though not for much longer) to spam commanders and drones. In that case you do use "aggressive zoning" as it was put. Use almost any other armylist though and you'll probably find that they work best when most of the army is relatively static and supporting each other with FTGG, Ethereal's auras, Kauyon, etc.

As I said though, I don't actually play that way most of the time. Usually mobile XV25s, flamersuits and vespid are my MVPs.

it means you can deepstrike next to it in the same turn

>start of the movement phase before you move
>place beacon
>end of movement phase
>deepstrike next to beacon
>remove beacon

You have to be where you want to Beacon the turn prior. So you can't Move+Advance into position and immediately drop the Beacon into DS in one turn.
Now you drop beacon then can move Stealths and DS on it.

Hordes are the current meta so you'll be fine.

Memes aside, we're much better than we've been for a long time.

LR spam wath allready a thing in 6th

I'm going Salamanders, so using the Ravenguard Strat isn't going to happen.

>Check back tomorrow, when we’ll be looking at the stealthy forces of Dal’yth and some improvements to the sneakiest of battlesuits.

Ooh, Dal'yth will be the with -1 to hit.

It isn't. It is Jormungandr but worse

I got started in 8th and picked up Necrons cause I think some of their models look cool. I have about 1500 points and I'm just waiting for the Codex to get more. Hopefully there are some nice boosts but I guess we'll see. The new Cryptek model looks nice.
Subscribe

All the sept traits have been already leaked, slowpoke. They had some shit about being in cover while in the open if I remember correctly.

Why's no one talking about Custodes anymore? Are they THAT bad?

To be fair, you've got Gangs of Commoragh which isn't a starter set, but is excellent for fleshing out a force.

Only collectors and modellers were hyped for cuckstodes. The only thing that's actually good about them are bike captains in imperium soup armies.

Sniping characters seems pretty damn strong for a basic troop choice. Though I am considering dropping them to 6 ppm.

They do well in casual games, but elite armies are just not competitive in 8th in general

They're great for bike soup, that's it.

Same here user. I'd like to know what muh doods have been up to for the past 100 years.

Those lists were bad though. Trajann is dead weight.

I'd say there is a 100% chance of Necrons getting a big buff. They won't go top-tier, but they will at least be respectable, like admech or deathguard. I say this because they're in the new box set and look at all the love that DG got following Dark Imperium.

New players will be wanting to expand their collections, and they won't want a crappy army.

Seeing its only S4 its not too bad. If you arent gonna give em sniping increase it to S5 or give them the ability to take poison rounds

Chaos Lord with Jump pack or Exalted Champion in a Rhino (with some zerkers or melee Chosen)
What would be more useful?

I asked my local gamestore what sort of 40k traffic they get. one thing I don't really want to do is show up with my army of ultramarines and find that all 5 warhammer players in my area also have ultramarines. I was a bradley dismount for a few years and now I'm an armored crewmember, and from my understanding, space marines and imperial guard are two really good combined arms factions

> Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

Protip, all mono custodes are bad.

Dark Eldar do have a starter set. It's an Archon, 10 Kabalites, 3 Reavers and a Raider.

I think tau will get the fix they need to be more competitive without needing to field entire commander companies. regardless of what all the waacfaggotry whinging

Necrons couldnt possibly get an yworse than they currently are. At the very least they couldnt be any worse than GK and they already got their dex.

I dont know anyone who plays drew carey so I dont know the army well enough to judge.

I just want my fucking sisters codex and knights codex now and find out if more shit is being taken away from sisters or if the sisters of silence are going to get rolled into their dex.

I do hope they add some more options to orks for HQ's. they codex doesnt need much fixing up to be good, it just needs a couple things unfucked to make it viable.

Unpopular opinion here, but Orks need to be squatted. They're a throwback from a time without developed fluff and they don't fit into the current universe. They're just high fantasy orks... but in space! Even their retconned lore is downright retarded because there is just no good way to make them seem plausible.

Your highly unpopular opinion is shit.

My local gamestores all seem to be 50% "geeky" normies playing board games, and 40% people playing magic. Everything else shares the remaining 10%.

>If your army doesn't have starter set (I.e. Dark Eldar), just pick up the "Start Collecting!" box
>(I.e. Dark Eldar), just pick up the "Start Collecting!" box
That is apparent in their post user.

A starter set is usually implied to be the two player sets (Dark Imperium, Dark Vengeance, etc.). "Two Player Starter Set" would have been clearer though.

Hm, poison rounds are not a bad idea. Thank you for the advice.

Explain why you like Orks for any reason other than nostalgia.

Agreed. SoB too. Not quite deserving of a squatting, but they need to be rolled into some other codex.

Because they provide comedic relief and 40k Orks are way more iconic than generic fantasy Orks.

Fuck I misread that terribly. Please ignore the post then.

Horde army that plays differently from other horde armies. Variety is good.

Yeah... coming relief is exactly what we need...

yep

Muh grimdark

It ensures that diplomacy is never a permanent solution (in a way other than bugs and muh chaos), it allows for fun conversions with looted vehicles. They give a big macho humanoid enemy for humies to fight. the list goes on.

>nostalgia
I have none, I started orks 3 years ago

>They're a fun faction that doesn't take itself too seriously most of the time
>they have a great aesthetic, with the inhuman mad max stuff
>their lore is pretty interesting and usually better written than most
>their gameplay style is unique and fun
>scratchbuilding and konverting is the most enjoyable part of the hobby for me, and orks really, really deliver.

With some further tweaking came up with this. Thoughts on my dreadnought composition and loadouts? I deal with quite a bit of elite units with invulnerable saves so I tried to go with as durable an army as I could with a good amount of anti tank.

Sons of Medusa 1999/2000pts Batallion Detachment

HQ:
Vaylund Cal 200pts
Librarian: 96pts

Troops:
5x Tacticals: 65pts

Elites:
Imperial Space Marine 60pts
Relic Contemptor Dreadnought: Kheres Assault Cannon, Chainfist w/ storm bolter 208pts
Venerable Dreadnought: Multi Melta, DCCW w/ storm bolter 159pts
Venerable Dreadnought: Twin lascannon, DCCW w/ storm bolter 182pts
Relic Deredeo Dreadnought: Autocannon array, twin heavy bolter, automantic pavaise 237pts
IronClad Dreadnought: Hammer w/melta, DCCW w/sb, 2x HK misiles, ironclad launchers 164pts

Heavy Support:
Devastators: 4x lascannon, storm bolter 167pts
Relic Leviathan Dreadnought: Siege claw w/ meltagun, storm cannon 331pts

Basically.
If it's all po-faced edge lord bullshit it loses appeal. You need a balancing factor.

So are these things? I find them in both Warhammer and 40K art, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what they do.

It is heraldry

it’s heraldry ya dingus

If you are aiming for MSU with those tacticals just take scouts, they are cheaper.

I would also cut something out to take two more HQs and convert those ELITES into two Vanguard detachments for 2 more CPs

Do not copy me again or else.

Weren't actual shields more apt platforms for heraldry, or at the very least were suitable for standards?

that is an actual shield

How are you guys handling various chaos horde lists? I've been able to handle a pretty wide variety of stuff in 8th but we've got 2 chaos players at the shop playing with lots of cultists, tzaangors, etc. and so far they're king of the heap.

>Y'Vahra's with 14'' flamers now having a commander babysit them to reroll wounds

oh boy, that thing is getting nerfed so hard with the big FAQ heads will spin

With anything that is not trash. "Chaos horde" is not a thing competitively speaking.

Because they are a faction that remind me what true 40k is or used to be. A living fictional pisstake out of everything. And I love that.

If he felt like carrying a shield I’m sure it would be fine to put heraldry on it as well.

Historically that piece of armor is called a rondel, and serves to cover the hole in the armpit of plate armor. It was rather boring to leave it plain so people came up with a use for it.

I said that about Grey Knights and here we are. Fate is a fickle mistress, user.

Not that guy but bro what? Cultist bomb is a staple of competitive play, as it the bloodletter/tzaangor bomb.

Chaos's best lists are horde lists backed by good buffs and princes.

been looking for the actual name of that piece for about a week, thanks senpai

my list at the moment

>15 mortars
>lots of infantry
>scout sentinels
>blood angels scouts
>BA hammercaptains and libbies
>45 deepstriking corpuscari priests

they struggle to secure the middle of the battfle field and then i just counter strike with the priests to shred them, its generally a close matchup though