What I Made/What the DM Saw/What I Played

Sum up a previous/current party in this format.

Here's the template.

Care to tell a little more about them?

Weeb, weeb & weeb.

Way to go fagboy

Vampire the Requiem 2e, unbound Ventrue

Holy shit, who did you end up Beacher?

Chronicle's still going, and I am still on the O'Reilley path but yeah, I'm going more and more crazy Beech

It was fun playing a rapist who killed women by fucking them to death.

Having just finished the first arc of the story last week, I can conclusively say this has been a blast to run and I can't wait for arcs 2-5.

arc 1 took us a year and a half, it's gonna be a long fuckin ride.

Ok, now I wanna know the story for this party.

I'm on my way to work at the moment, but I'll type it up once I get there.

Alright, here's the story behind this clusterfuck of a Jojo campaign. The whole premise was that the party were from all walks of life, being hired by a Speedwagon Foundation member for some light recon into the local superpowered scene. As of last session they murdered a gang-leading serial killer with a solar powered railgun by shooting her dragon made of concrete and molten steel.

>Player 1: MAX PAIN
So player one started off with a pretty grounded idea of a private detective who was the only local out of the party. His stand [Faded Daylight] looked like starry smoke and let him swap-teleport people ala Trickster form Worm, and he had a backstory of his mother being killed by one of the city's gang leaders with the compelling caveat that she was part of the gang as well. Since he was kind of light on the combat end, he got some really beginner level hamon. As of last session he used a shoulder-mounted hamon-powered railgun to fight his mother's killer in a duel to the death inside a ruined football stadium. Frank Castle would be proud.

>Player 2:*Screams in Kamen Rider*
Player 2 is a big kamen rider fan, and so made a big tokusatsu homage character. With her stand [Climax-Action] which manifests as rider armor with different emotion-based forms,she was a professional stuntwoman and wannabe hero. Knowing very little about kamen rider myself, I thought this was going to be reminiscent of the original series rider, who I know the best. Nope, as it turns out, she went full ex-aid battle maniac and spends a significant time in fights getting super fucked up before using her recently learned knowledge of spin to explode shit by making her stand armor turn into drill arms.

[To be continued==>]

>Player 3: The Dark Souls of Stand Users
Where player 2 is a big kamen rider fan, player 3 is a big dark souls fan and so made his character a series of references to it as well. He's the prospective heir to a toy company bearing a suspicious amount of similarities to the Lordran court, living out in the city as a history professor while he runs away from his clusterfuck of a family situation. His stand [Kingdom Fall] is an inherited one that lets him make a Bad Company style army themed after chess pieces out of any substance his stand can get its hands on, but with a lock on fantasy tech instead of guns. Initially he played his character off as a goofy, friendly dude who dressed like a circus tent and liked slav squatting. Then it turned out that he was basically playing Stein, complete with the split-second dives into absolute madness, the most recent example of which was talking an enemy during a big free for all into helping him so he could get her a shot at the prize, then attaching a stand-minion made of mercury to her wrist with instructions to slit it and give her hilarious amounts of mercury poisoning if she tried to weasel out of the deal. He also can't sit in chairs correctly either.

>Player 4: Harem Protagonist-Kun
For the longest time Player 4 was having trouble making a character, and so the rest of the party dragged it out of him piece by piece and wound up with the most genuinely anime of our cast. He's a college law student with a dormant stand and a talent for sports alongside a completely blank past that the player didn't really want to fill in. As any seasoned GM will tell you, no backstory means they get to make the backstory and make it nothing but plothooks. Now he's the potential vector for the alien intelligence behind stands trying to interface with the world via his own just-awakened stand [Immersion], which lets him selectively treat non-water surfaces as if they are water and vice versa. The yanderes love him.

[cont]

>Player 5: The Most Confusing Stand To GM for Ever
Whew, this one's a doozy. In a fit of inspired brilliance, player 5 made one of the best worst stands I've ever heard of: [Particle Man]. Split between four different stands and four different personalities all based on observational physics, his character is a businessman who wildly shifts between moods day to day, One of his stand versions is also a self-inflicted murphy's law. However, in practice this has turned out that his less a benign businessman and is much more Patrick Bateman and his friends, Depressed Patrick Bateman, Cheery Patrick Bateman, and Teamkilling Patrick Bateman.

>Player 6: It's not me, it's my OC!
Player 6 went the easy route for character creation and made a character that is pretty much explicitly him, but with a stand and also a distinct desire to be an edgy superhero. With his charmingly broken gravity-controlling stnad [Space Oddity] I was fully expecting the adventures of a weird spaceman superhero as he moon jumped around the city. Instead what I got was Mabel Pines meets Atomic Robo, but operating on Just Cause 2 physics, using his stand to zip and zoop his way throughout danger and also into really stupid situations. The party met him when player 1 got into a barfight that dragged him into it, and since then it's only gotten weirder.

God damn do I love this campaign.

Sure!

1. Tiefling Cleric who was taken in by the church after his parents were lynched. Very happy-go-lucky guy who always keeps an optimistic and encouraging attitude in every situation, often making him a poor judge of character. He's also a fucking weirdo who asks really inane questions at inopportune times. Frequently leaps at the opportunity to beat ass in the name of Tyr.
2. Half Elf Druid who was the product of a one night stand between an elf and a human. Has horrific visions of the world coming to an end and became an alcoholic recluse to cope. Fucks up very frequently due to (presumably) being drunk as hell at all times.
3. A High Elf Wizard who is god damn obsessed with fire. He acts like the Fire Bolt cantrip is his only spell. It's a big deal whenever he casts something that doesn't relate to fire in some way. He's also kind of a fuck-up that's almost always on the verge of death.
4. A Half-Orc Bard who is the epitome of the phrase "cash rules everything around me". He's laser focused on squeezing every last coin he can out of a situation in order to fulfill his dream of starting up a nice shop of some kind. Possibly a bakery.

I should play in a JoJo campaign.

What system do you even begin to use for this? Stands can get complex as shit.

You really should. It's been great.

I'm currently using a version of Wushu that we've homebrewed up over the course of the year and a half we've been playing the campaign, but I can honestly say that in retrospect I'd pick something a little crunchier. Not by much mind you, but there have been times where a little bit more solid rules would have worked wonders.
As for stand complexity, remember that a lot of the more complicated abilities can be represented deceptively simple mechanically, or if all else fails use narrative GM fiat to work around it. [Particle Man] is the absolute worst on that end, since all of his forms work entirely on perception as an abstract concept. Form one is super tiny but subtly manipulates things to benefit the user as long as no one can see it doing so (it once hid a grenade inside a trash can for him), another is a punchghost that does *exactly* what others think it will do, making it entirely intimidation based, a third is the aforementioned self-inflicted murphy's law in which the stand alters probability to make whatever the user predicts come true, but is tied to his horribly depressed and pessimistic personality, and the last is basically space-based perfect satellite imaging centered on the user, but cannot interact with anything otherwise. The fact that we roll which personality is active randomly every time that character goes to sleep means that a lot of encounters involving him are just "fuck it, I'll make it up as I go along."

GM for two parties in the same setting, sometimes they even join forces in big raids.
Really big party, really good fun.

Would one of the many superhero RPGs out there work? Some of them can get pretty crunchy, I've heard, but a lot of them can support weird as shit powers.

Also, Particle Man sounds fucking awesome.

I'd love to hear about how this works.

This sounds like the best JoJo game group ever. Can somebody save this, please?

't was a long time ago

From a M&M game set in Marvel

I think so. There's also a bunch of jojo rpg's and hacks people have made on Veeky Forums, but I haven't had a chance to try any. One of the big things missing from our game is the whole stand power ranking things that rank their abilities, since without any reason to have them in the rules I just don't bother. I've heard good things about Mutants and Masterminds though.

Here is mine. I can explain them if you wish, but to sum up each experience, the DM was either incredibly moronic or obnoxiously dickish.

10/10 sounds like your playershad a rowdy good time.
Except maybe the first guy.

>Wuxia
Besides that, you sound like a great GM.

>"Every game I play in has a Stupid or Mean DM"
>That Third Column
It looks like you may be the problem there, friend

Please elaborate on malk experiences, and most importantly, how the DM reacted (and if it was for good/fun or not) so I can even consider running a V:TM game.

I rather want to but...
All of the people I'd play with IRL would instantly pick malk, brujah/gangrel, or nosferatu in that order of preference, and play up their clan weakness so hard and act out so much there might as well not even be a masquerade in the first place.
I have no idea how to run that.

That lizard always looks like it has little chains around its neck and body when I look at it

>It looks like you may be the problem there, friend
I did it because his entire campaign was "shit on the players for playing while showing them my magical realm"

GM was along for the whole idea from the very beginning, pondered a concept of Kindred that either retained or found religion though Embrace and somehow got to the idea of the crazy strong conviction. With the emphasis on crazy, hence the Malkavian.

Mechanically:
>Derangement: Delusion (I am God's chosen one)
>Merit: Spirit Mentor (voice of St.Whatshisname)

Emphasis on Social - sermons, rabble rousing, condemnations among mortals. Backed by a gentle touch of Dementation.
Auspex with good Perception, Occult & Theology, for visions and being able to hold his own in Cainite society.

Noteworthy achievements include tracking and burning down Tremere chantry (without inhabitants), Ghoulifying corrupt bishop to make him serve eternal penance and one instance of well-meaning diablerie.

>Well-meaning diablerie

Seems like kind of a contradiction of terms, but please, do elaborate.

Because it does?

It was a nationbuilder game, but my nations so far have had more characters than most player characters I have played.

It's pretty simple, actually! In-universe, both parties are technically just one, that splits up in teams which go their separate ways to cover more ground and complete more quests. The overarching campaign objective (a crusade against demon lords) is the same for both of them.
I alternate between the two parties based on player availability, pretty much. Sometimes I run two sessions each week, one for each party, but that has happened idk, maybe five times in over 4 years. And because most of the times one party is idle while the other is out adventuring, players from the "idle party" can join in on the quest the "active party" is undertaking if they want.

The real fun and chaos happens when I have both parties available and we decide to join them for a "raid". Those are really just adventures where I pit them against extraordinarily difficult enemies (or just more enemies) to compensate for their increased numbers.
Even then, the most people I've GM'd for at once is 8, there's always someone who can't make it. And yes, it takes a slight toll on one's sanity.

diablerie as a form of mercykilling is not unheard of, Anatole did it on couple opportunities

Anyway, minor antagonist in the chronicle was Toreador diabolist pacted with demons, which granted her some crazy powers but also meant that on True Death her soul would be forfeit. After some struggle we finally cornered her preventing all means of escape and she went full breakdown and regret. I did my preacher thing about Lord's mercy, ST wasn't really buying it at first, but obviously demons can't take her soul if I take it first, right?

My players are magical people.

I feel for the paladin.

The current party of the Shadowrun campaign I'm playing.

I was under the impression that letting yourself be dragged to your eternal damnation was preferable to suffering diablerie, but admittedly, I'm not an expert on the subject.

You have just a blank version? I want to send it to my current GM but too tired to make one.

RIkka a cute.

>Except maybe the first guy
Well, it was kinda fun. At the start he didn't really have much in mind for a backstory with his character, just wrote him as your standard flying brick. So I decided to have a little fun with that.

Like at first he thought he might be a mutant or something, but a few brushes with Skrulls left him uncertain when it seemed like they had been targeting him for some reason. Towards the end of one session, Nick Fury makes a surprise house call to him when he discovers that all his official documentation, medical records, etc., didn't exist until they secretly made less than a year ago. And all the while dealing with being an Avenger, (AIM, Tri-Sentinel, Magneto rampage, the Grim Reaper and his Unliving Legion) is just adding stress on top of this identity crisis he's having.

Then I let the shoe drop - one of his teammates, the Mimic, stumbles upon a secret Skrull ship masked as one of the Mahattan islands and they have captured this random guy. Turns out it's the Brick's uncle Max whom had seemingly gone missing recently. Only he's not really his uncle, he's a Skrull - the Skrullian Skymaster, Skymax, of the Squadron Supreme! He reveals to his 'nephew' that the universe they hail from he's the son of their Hyperion and Zarda, and his godson, but a terrible calamity forced them, (or rather forced HIM to knock the Brick out and take him) to flee to this Earth as their reality was being destroyed. It was a lot of fun to set all of that up and see how it unfolded, and the player was psyched through the whole thing. And the character came out the other end much more settled in how he was with a firm understanding of who he was, so much so that he really started coming out of his shell and just proceeded to wreck shit up on the regular.

Elaborate on the last one.

Basically the rigger of the group, the guy playing him wanted to make a character that's all about Initial D and whatnot, down to having eurobeat as his ringtone, but he spent so much of his character creation money on pimping his car out that he left practically zero nuyen to actually give the guy a lifestyle, so the GM basically ruled that he's practically a homeless hobo who literally lives in his pretty impressive supercar. Then once he actually started to play the character he literally used the car mostly as a helicopter (yes, it had fucking flying capabilities because it's awesome like that) or as a battering ram, which became his solution to pretty much all problems we faced unless his car was literally unavailable for the duration of a run, which so far hasn't been too often, since he even drove it across half a haunted museum with a bunch of trashed exhibits lying around everywhere at one time.

>literally the second post.

Dude.

it was a fun campaign

Only campaign I've ever played all the way from start up to epic level. Damn was it fun.

Sounds like fun times were had.

Now tell of the other two.

Top is my own, she's a human Class II changeling with heavy lizard features, she basically has so many freak qualities that the GM basically decided that she's pretty damn ugly. Combine that with a really short fuse (also because of Changeling qualities) and the Uncouth trait, and you basically got a character so socially inept that I didn't even need to bother to do any social tests. She was a pretty strong fighter, though, and turned out she was really fucking deadly in melee swordsmanship, for which she has quite a few martial arts techniques to aid her, along with a generally bloodthirsty attitude in combat, and she's literally sliced and diced up enemies in the past when she isn't frenzied enough to bite them right in the face.

As for the middle guy, well, long story short, he was a regular Vampire the Masquerade LARPer who got turned into an actual Vampire via HMHVV infection and decided to go full-on with it, dressing up like a stereotypical vampire complete with cravat and all that shit. Sure, he's dangerous as fuck, but even the other runners on his team refuse to take him seriously, referring to him as Dorkula despite him insisting on an edgy name such as DeadEye. The redeeming thing is that he uses vampire abilities such as mist form and whatnot to basically creep up on enemies in melee and blast them with his dual-wielded pistols. Overall he pretends he's cooler than he actually is, though, and it's clear he tries too hard to keep up the whole stereotypical vampire schtick.

How'd that go?

Been waiting since the last one to post the party I'm GMing for.

(1/?)

(2/3)

(3/3)

Ah, another follower of the frog-style.

how many ORE SANJOUs do they get out in a session

Monster of the Week is awesome.

It's really fun to DM so far. I can pace things pretty easily to about two sessions for most mysteries, with the occasional one-and-done for more character based stuff.

Plus, my players are definitely opening up to the more dramatic or character-based moments, so it's not just dicking around innawoods for two and a half hours.

[Particle Man] might be the best fucking stand name I have ever heard and that concept is officially awesome

I guess something like that

Since when did the whole anit-anime sentiment show up on Veeky Forums? It's like getting pissed off at it being bright out during the midday summer, what exactly did you expect?

Explanation on the skeletonboi?

Actually, fuck it, the whole party would be nice too.

Re-read the specific posts I quoted, mate.
It might surprise you.

OP here, I gotchu

Thanks a bunch.

10/10, my only question is: did you have a Randy Bobandy too?

It would serve the exact same purpose though.

Truly a motley crew.

>Outlast Doctor
Buddy, no.

hes a level 5 artificer so next level i will

Excellent

tell me about Crab Nikaido

Spent most of battles spawning, buffing, and controlling my units. Was fun.

Strange Man is the party's masked, indestructible and very helpful mishmash of 1 level dips in various classes. He had a real name until one of the party members forgot it and just called out "Uh...Strange man?" after he escaped a social encounter by spidermanning up a wall and onto a roof and it stuck. He combines minor buffs from various classes to shapeshift into what the party needs. Didn't actually talk for the first 4 sessions until the party heard a whispered voice in their heads "THE ROOM IS FULL OF SKELETONS". Never actually lethally damaged a humanoid. All in all alot of fun to play.

Oh right and the crab is his familiar who he uses for paper shredding.