Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

With Pathfinder 2nd Edition on the horizon, this is a good time to reflect on the past. What are some of your memorable campaign moments?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/RqkUXjWZ
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/pathfinderplaytest
docs.google.com/document/d/1KP_HXAxeXTy7Z0OZWA0_dbMwUmBaZS5ah_nKbzZOMLA/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1Wu6TMbtoFdoX8M1OoXD-AefV_NreMLUkA5udZxYMAyk/edit
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/106875/fallen-kingdom
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is there a link to the changes coming in 2? I want to know whether or not it'd be worth converting over for my existing campaign, considering everyone is new and we're still learning the system fully.

So, I'm looking through the legendary gunslingers book, and I see something that really stands out.

>DEMON-HAUNTED DRIFTER
>Preq: Grit pool, eidolon class feature
>Benefit: While in an area of dim or lower lighting, you may spend 2 grit points as a standard action to instantly call forth your eidolon, as per summon eidolon, or to enhance your eidolon as per a lesser evolution surge.

>This is a spell-like ability, using your character level as your caster level and your Charisma modifier for concentration checks, if required. At your 9th character level, you may instead spend 3 points of grit to produce an evolution surge; at 13th level, you may spend 4 grit to instead activate a greater evolution surge or a transmogrify effect.

How do I best make use of this?

There's lists of assumed stuff and stuff which is in the pre-playtest all over, but nothing's confirmed yet. And either way, it's a year off from existing, so if you're going to play PF just don't go too hard on it.

paizo.com/pathfinderplaytest
docs.google.com/document/d/1KP_HXAxeXTy7Z0OZWA0_dbMwUmBaZS5ah_nKbzZOMLA/edit?usp=sharing

The free pdf will be released in august, until then they're only teasing.

Please for the love of god put this in the OP so people don't ask this question every single thread.

Probably a single level of myterious stranger followed by full summoner. I don't see the flavor meshing particularly well with the bardlike archetype from the book, so mysterious stranger likely fits better.

>
Don't you mean seven times per thread?

How do I make a sniper with path of war? Preferably a warlord if possible. Guns are a plus, but since they kind of suck to use (read: 40ft range increment) bows are likely where it's going to be at.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Wu6TMbtoFdoX8M1OoXD-AefV_NreMLUkA5udZxYMAyk/edit

Pathfinder is utter shite. I've been running it for 2 years now. The classes are unimaginative, the only good one is the alchemist. The extra class features and shit like sorcerer bloodlines are just bloat, something that 3.5 covered with bloodline feats if you actually felt like exploring that part of your character. CMB / CMD are for brainlets, the favored-class shit is just extra bloat, Combat Expertise (an already-bad feat) is nerfed even more, and Power Attack is nerfed too, to punish martials. It's not worth learning over 3.5, which had better content. The only good things in pathfinder are the changes to Cleave and Toughness, the cut down skill list (maybe), and the rework of how skill points work (which just lets mage dominate rogue as skillmonkey at higher levels anyway). It's a completely gay fucking system, 5e is better in every possible way, and if you want a ton of options. 3.5 had more and better content anyway.

I should likely go into a bit more detail. I want to sit back and fling long range maneuvers into the enemy. I know stuff like tempest gale is what I need, but are there any maneuvers from tempest gale/solar wind/anything that lets me use ranged attacks that really stands out? Any feats I should focus on? I'm thinking of getting stealth feats.

>. I don't see the flavor meshing particularly well with the bardlike archetype from the book, so mysterious stranger likely fits better.
>not saying the name of [FAMOUS MUSCIAN IN SETTING] three times fast so they can bust a cap in your enemies

The general scope if what we "know" so far:
So to summarize from their blog post:
>Unified proficiency bonuses scaling with level
>Time-unit action economy where each character gets 3 actions per turn and a reaction like Unchained
>Actions can be Move-Attack-Move, Attack-Attack-Attack, or any other combination.
>Distinct narrative and mechanical divide between "tactical grid time" and exploration
>Ranger is now a trapper class to oppose Rogues
>Fighter now has reaction AoO as a class feature, at least one other class gets it as a feat
>Fighter has charge (Move+Move+Attack) for only 2 actions and a focus on crits
>Spell lists being condensed to 4 lists total and 10th rank spells being added
>Spells take 1 action to cast for each verbal, somatic, and material component and concentration requires an action to maintain
>Class features like channel divinity gain extra effects the more actions you spend on them
>Skills and saves now have thresholds for critical success and failures by succeeding or failing by 10 or more
>Monsters are now defined by a unique ability or two to be bolted on to a level corrected stat block
>Character creation is now "Ancestry" + Class + Background which unlocks exclusive feat paths to choose later
>Initiative is now based on skills like Perception or Stealth depending on your actions when combat begins
>Magic Items will be adjusted to never be necessary for builds and more quirky. No more +1 and +2 weapons or attribute boosters.

Oh, forgot
>Shields now use a reaction to block and add Damage Reduction instead of AC
Probably forgetting a few more highlights some people will think are important like Alchemists and Goblins supposedly being in core.

I doubt anyone really thought on this yet, but I hope Nocticula shows up as a core deity, or atleast a full deity unlike her appearance in pathfinder 1e.

It was stated that Nocticula was getting closer and closer to full divinity much in the same way Lamashtu managed to do so, and I believe there was a book stating that she wanted to be redeemed and turn into a CN goddess of midnight and outcasts. Something like that would be pretty neat I find, it'd show some development in the setting rather than have it be completely stagnant.

A few books hinted at that, and how worshippers were being granted spells by something, and she wasn't striking down 'heretics' who worshipped her that way. Book of the Damned was the most recent I think.

Hey, question. How good is the Mithral Current discipline? I never here anybody comment about it, and it looks pretty cool.

People seem to recommend it every thread. I've not had a chance to play with it yet though, sorry user.

Its really good

>it looks pretty cool.
weeb

In all seriousness, it's pretty neat. I think it's pretty focused on counters though, you might wanna pick up another discipline on the side to add more damage.

I was planning on going with Primal Fury as my damage discipline. Pick up a mithral katana or some shit like that for the silver vulnerability mithral current can slap on people and then stab them with one of the more higher DPR based disciplines.

I do need to decide whether my Bushi will be a warder or warlord, though. Any recommendations there?

If I was in a campaign that had memorable moments, I'd share.

But none of my games have ever even gotten close to being memorable. Always stuck in a purgatory of getting the ball rolling but never really building momentum, and always dying way too fast

Warlord fits for a charismatic, cocky type feel, whereas a warder is more of a calm and calculated type. Pick accordingly, I'd say.

My Psion in a rune lords game flipping the fuck out because Desna had marked him as one of her chosen without his consent or even worshiping her and branding his head with a fucking Butterfly because "You're like one of those super rare people who can like fine with their brain and stuff I thought it was symbolic".

Which was probably a bit of karma for using Energy Ray to carve a dick onto Tsuto's forehead at the behest of Orik changing sides. Also Orik referring to Tsuto as "fuccboi".

Also my Psion getting a White Dragon to beg for mercy after nearly one shotting it and killing all it's minions with an empowered energy missile barrage.

Also my Psion temporarily becoming legit friends with an Aboleth because we were like some of the only Psionic beings on the whole damn continent, and it was so fucking happy to have someone who could understand it and vice versa. Eventually had to mercy because the Foxgloves had some weird Mario 64 painting demiplane thing and it was forced to guard the only way out.

Also that same character narrowly avoiding getting petrified by a medusa because he considered himself so hideous and terrible with the opposite sex that he knew any woman that was throwing herself at him either had to be blind or some kind of monster.

I really liked that character.

What's a good but "non-magical beast" type of mount? GM is being a bit of a dick and I can practically feel the whole "minus 10 horse points" coming on already.

>Goblins supposedly being in core.
Literally does anyone other than fucking Paizo staff give that much of a shit about goblins?

I do.

I actually do.

>Mithral weapons count as silver for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Your GM would probably let it pass without any issue, but RAW Mithral doesn't actually get any bonus from hitting silver vulnerability.

Which is fucking retarded, but aiii~

i don't. i really don't get why they give that much of a shit either.

Do we have a listing of the current /pfg/ games recruiting?

Here's the list:

My soul...

>and shit like sorcerer bloodlines are just bloat

ok

>Power Attack is nerfed too, to punish martials
you dun goofed here

Why isn't anyone recruiting. Run games faggots, that's the only thing we have over the others!

Anyone who runs inevitably gets screamed at by autists though.

I mean we're all getting screamed at by autists

Why would anybody recruit from here anymore? We know all the people who make decent characters, anybody running a game can just PM them and spare getting yelled at by autists.

Technically the GM of Duke's Coin wants to run a game of Undead PCs or something
There was also app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/106875/fallen-kingdom but recruiting ends in like 20 minutes anyway

Those people are all in games already? We already know the problem children and can exclude them out of hand?

REEEEEEEEEE

>There was also app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/106875/fallen-kingdom but recruiting ends in like 20 minutes anyway
Fuck, I even had two other dudes I know personally and that would have been a great time

Loads of decent appers are in multiple games and still apply to games. Let's face it, people here have no life.

>Max hit points, all the way down. The enemies get this too.
It's that faggot that made Skyfall, 100% bamboozle

>want more ruse ooze apps

>We already know the problem children
Who are those though? Most of the so-called problem children either just don't apply, or actually write good apps anyway.

Or make a new account

The fuck was wrong with Ruse Ooze?

The account was made years ago though.

What is the measure of a good app?

Who are you talking about though?

You, faggot

>The fuck was wrong with Ruse Ooze?
The fact that it wasn't an actual app?It was Wist just being a shitter and shitting up the app thread with shit.

Whether or not it was shortlisted or chosen, I guess, is a good start.

Wist was actually available during that time period, and Ruse Ooze was an app to a game with monster PCs whose tone was explicitly SR2. It was a good app.

There was no problem with ruse ooze. Ruse ooze was nothing. The people who liked ruse ooze are the problem

>people who liked a good app are a problem
Did you get rejected or something?

Except Wist specifically said that he had PMed Sleep to tell him that he couldn't make the time and not to consider Ruse Ooze.

Stop being a blind fanboy you idiot faggot and pull Wist's dick out of your ass.

>Except Wist specifically said that he had PMed Sleep to tell him that he couldn't make the time and not to consider Ruse Ooze.
Wasn't that Rinta?

What /pfg/ personality has consistently the best characters? Or maybe the most interesting characters?

I never even applied, I just hate seeing a meme get brought up and dragged out after what, nearly a year? Just stop.

None of them, honestly.

As a friend of Wist, no, it was actually her. We still bug her about the ruse ooze occasionally. She's pretty proud of the way it turned out.

Rinta was Protagonist's game. Flower Court. And yes, he did the same thing there. Made another Ruze Ooze.

[citation needed]

Oh, is this some cabal shit? Oh well.

Nah, I've just been in a game with Wist since before she took on the name wist. I'm not even in the cabal (I was for a while, but they apparently removed me for inactivity)

>Nah, I've just been in a game with Wist since before she took on the name wist
Damn, a long-runner. I wish I could have a long-running game, real life always barges in.

Being fair here, the game has crashed and burned twice at this point, and we've been waiting for the GM to start again.

DHB consistently has the best characters that never, ever get in.

Same, buddy. You don't have a clue how envious I am of my buddy who only has a month left in his campaign, when I've been dealing with constant bamboozles and squibs

So, like, I was going to ask here if there's a game that I could get me and my boys into because we just had another one crash and burn but I think I'll check back in a couple days.

Before you ask, yes, I have gotten an app in a previous game.

Want me to be honest? DHB, his characters are too "BIG AND BOLD". They would take over campaigns.

Does anyone have the full DHB list of characters and the statistics on them?

>Fallen Kingdom GM picks newest group to join
>Immediate autism in the general chat

He hasn't taken over the game he's in with me. He's actually mostly subdued. It works

I know who this is. Shouldn't you be doing your homework?

What's a neat archetype for vigilante? I'm looking to stack one with the night terror archetype from fool's errand.

Slow and Disk seem to have a knack for putting out good apps (yes, autists, Derrin was a good app and there actually was more to her than the 12 pages you like to shriek about). Iwould have added Sappy to this list if he was more consistent, but some of his apps have been total duds.

Shhhhhhhhh

I thought that shit was a bamboozle.

Then run your own version which is not a bamboozle

I can certainly say that Adam is the most "eeehhh" applicant of all time. I've gone through and looked at their characters, and I've felt neither great joy or unabashed hatred towards any of them.
DHB always seems tone-deaf, but the characters are always interesting at least. His Wrath of the Righteous and Curse of the Crimson Throne ones are some of the neatest, though.
Slow falls too much into a rut of the same aged kind of human male, but otherwise has some actual fucking nuance to them, which is a rarity.

Game hasn't happened yet. Just the group selection. Could be a boozle still. Who knows?

???

This, guys. Just run games. When you run a game, someone else will make their own game, and then you have a shot at that game. There literally cannot be too many games running

aaaaaa gimme taldor player guide

no

Did they include the campaign traits in the recent Taldor splatbook that I think there was? They did that with Mummy's Mask and People of the Sands, I think.

Is your maneuver progression tied to your initiator level? Could I for instance be a harbinger 2, fighter 4 with practiced initiator and still have the progression of a 6th level harbinger?
Obviously, a shitty build idea, but it's the first thing I thought of.

no, it isn't

Which /pfg/ personality consistently makes the worst characters?

If I had to say worst, I'd peg that one on Broodie, MaximumSleep, or Succula. When was the last time one of their apps got by on the merit of their writing and not their dicksucking the GM and memes?

inb4 Rory

(You)

Halae and Hecate

Blingmaker, Ensoulment.

>His Wrath of the Righteous and Curse of the Crimson Throne ones are some of the neatest, though.
Which were these?

>Blingmaker
I just want a Kingmaker game that doesn't suck

Me

It's kingmaker. It sucks by default.