/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Aenarion's Wrath edition.

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/hzdOT
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just ran my first WFRP game in a long time. Think it went well.

Any tips for GMing?

1 Am I a faggot for writting fluff for my army and generals

2 anyone wanna hear it?

>yes
>yes, but even more

>tfw to intelligent to understand runes
back to vampire counts I suppose
I might still paint up the slayers for kicks though

>Am I a faggot for writting fluff for my army and generals
no but you're a faggot for posting that picture

High Elves
>The Trists of Everqueens and Pheonix Kings have seldom been romantic, but the elves of Avelorn celebrate the births of thier children. Daughters mean a future avatar of Isha. And sons, while less celebrated can boast a lineage linking themselves to their beloved mother goddess (and bragging rights are an elf's most cherished right).
>House Corzrion can trace its ansetory back to the rash Caledor II and the beloved Everqueen Moriselle and is settled in the northeastern corner of Kingdom. It is known for its diplomatic work, some victories against the norsemen and its... mixed success against the undead
>It's armies are lead by Prince Rosco and his brother the Archmage Deqwan. The elder Rosco is bold, known for charging into creatures that would easily best him, but Isha (dumb luck) saved him when he accepted a challange from a chaos lord on a juggernaught, He also seems to be searching the old world for his missing gems he calls "samarils" and will get into a fit of rage anytime he suspects someone to have them. Deqwan is much more calm but far less successful, at least twice he's blown up his own unit.
>neither are very big fans of Tyrion and Teclis, whom both describe as "show off cunts"
>the army is made largely citzen archers and heavy number of spearmen. There are a few honor-bound dragon knights and some white lions their Chracian friends lent them
>but the big aid of the army are the unit of Sisters of Avelorn. A gift from a handmaiden for the two being more rooted to Allerialle than to Finbar. It also gives her an excuse to keep an eye on the two.
>The group was actually one of the first groups of Asur to make peaceful contant with Asari. That is to say they weren't killed on sight.

Honestly I wish more people did
Druchi girl is the best
Not bad per say

Can someone give me a good lore for an ogre army I want to make?

I am thinking it to be lead by a slaughter master in a big block of bulls, with heavy mornfang support and a thunder tusk

Yes-yes

Steal everything that you can from other adventures and add bits of warhammer stuff to add grimdark. It works well.

Start with something mundane and have it slowly lead to something bizarre/terrifying/weird

This user has it right.

We played 9th in which skinks get to take druidic spells, one of which raises 6 wounds from the dead.

is 9th age fun?

Is a fan-made ruleset which is governed by grognards who want their faction to be OP fun?

I won't answer that but instead I will tell you that T9A regularly posts polls for fan feedback including suggestions, rules changes, and other things.

Then they lock those polls and do the opposite of what was voted in.

T9A is also banned from most major conventions.

You decide.

>I won't answer that but instead I will tell you that T9A regularly posts polls for fan feedback including suggestions, rules changes, and other things.
>Then they lock those polls and do the opposite of what was voted in.

So they are run by the people who run Mountain Dew/Blizzard?

Well, Blizzard does listen to people, just not on their own forums but rather Reddit

>neither are very big fans of Tyrion and Teclis, whom both describe as "show off cunts"
Isn't that how most high elves think of the two?

I think that could be used to describe most high elves in general

Still better than GW and 8th ed.

I want this badass in TW so much...

That's not saying much.

I'd say not really since people actually play/played 8th unlike T9A

m.imgur.com/a/hzdOT

I finally did it. I started my warhammer fantasy campaign/club. We only had one game for the first meeting, but we will have enough players for 3 simultaneous games this Sunday! Here’s a battle report I wrote for last meetings game (I didn’t play in it so I don’t know the exact armylists)

Warhammer fantasy lives!

>kegs

looks like a comfy place how many points are you guys doing

We’re playing in a brewery that’s kind enough to host our club. I never thought beer and pretzels would feature so literally in my gaming.

Armies are 1600 pts to make it easy to divide. After a few more sessions we’ll bump up to 2000.

>Be'lacuck
>Badass
Lel

>We’re playing in a brewery
if I was near you I'd start a dwarf army

Does anyone have the Enemy Within Campaign for WHRP 2nd ed by Cubicle 7?

Pretty sure they can only use one lore.

At least here people moved onto the 9th Age already, no one plays the 8th edition anymore.

Shameless repost as the last thread did do the dying:
I have a rule question: In 8th edition, if I wipe out a unit with a chariot and overrun not into another unit but behind the enemy line, am I allowed to rotate the chariot so that I can charge in the next round or will I have to spend one round reposition myself

I font think you get to reform durring overrun so you would have to pivot next turn

There is no better feeling in the world than insta-slaying Morathi with the slayer of kings on the ass-end of the 5th turn combat phase

It's very autistic. The turbonerds who write it can't stop tinkering with the rules and balance so everything is always in flux, and since there's no lore the armies don't feel grounded in anything. It's a game without charm or heart.

But it works, it's better than 8e, and it's all anyone around here plays. I'd rather do 6e but all these motherfuckers are like "I've painted 200 spearmen so by god I will play a horde game!"

Not really, they are pretty famous. Tyrion especially is Ulthuans Chad.

you can either reform or overrun, not both

so do 4000 points 6e games what's the problem

Tyrion is a chad
Teclis is a horny nerd and race traitor outside of Saphery

God I hate that model. Compared to the old Archaon model it looks like complete garbage.

R8 my Lists Veeky Forums

500 Points Chorfs 6e:

Chaos Dwarf Hero, Magma Armour, Great Weapon

Chaos Dwarf Hero, Heavy Armour, Additional Hand Weapon, Enchanted Shield

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer, Level 2, Power Stone

Earthshaker

10 Chaos Dwarf Warriors w/GreatAxes

10 Chaos Dwarf Warriors (hand weapon + shield)

12 Chaos Dwarf Warriros w/Blunderbusses

10 Black Orcs

Thanks, that was what I thought. Seems like it would have opened up alot of exploits.

>Gotrek with god powers was being overpowered and beaten back by Be'lakor

Yeah, he IS a badass

Not to mention this one looks like there was an actual effort on the painting

1. Yes. But we're all faggots here.
2. Fucking absolutely.

Biggest pain of my Warhammer career was finding one of these bad boys and letting my wife paint and put it together to help inspire her into the hobby.

7 months on and she's only painted the armour ultramarine blue.

Life is pain.

Sure he is, getting destroyed in one spell by some random elf ponce is also on the list

Not canon.

So is that gotrek event since it happend in the end times

End Times is canon.

Also Be'lakor is older than any spell of banishment and binding. That makes him restraint to them.

resistant*

Here we go again...
If you want to talk about how cool your daemon joke is within the end times, fine, it's right here

Thread doesn't exist though.

Damn it, why won't the link work ?

precisely

psst, hey user, hey

You have any sick warrior-priests?

Looks fucking radical.

I do want some but no

>Older than spells of banishment means I'm resistant to them

What retardation is this? Like, fine if he's resistant to them, but being older than the spell makes no sense as a reason. Any fucking thing you would use the spell against when you first made it would be older than the spell. Fuck, don't tell me that shit is the legit reasoning they use?

/wfg/ disregards End Times and AoS timelines in favour for Storm of Chaos. End Times fluff is usually better discussed in /aosg/ threads, as it's more relevant to that games history.

What er the thoughts about the first model?
Sorry, for the size

A classic for its time that fit in well with the design of the rest of the Chaos Miniatures of the era.

Did not age well, though.

>/wfg/ disregards End Times and AoS timelines in favour for Storm of Chaos. End Times fluff is usually better discussed in /aosg/ threads, as it's more relevant to that games history.

No, someone told me a few days ago that ET is okay.

> but being older than the spell makes no sense as a reason.

New vaccines don't work on older version of the disease, though.

I like the mount but hate the rest.

Do you also agree with the first guy in the street when he tell you china is totally not a dictature

Also forgot to point out that your metaphor is retarded, we're talking about magic, not science

>No, someone told me a few days ago that ET is okay

It is until autistic mouth breathers start screaming about canon, then it gets the boot. Traditionally ET and AoS are not discussed in /wfg/ because, again, they are better suited to the /aosg/ thread as they are more directly related to each other.

For the same reason you wouldn't discuss Bloodbowl lore in a thread about Storm of Chaos, we generally don't discuss ET in here. Too much was changed to make it fit into something that could be used as the jumping board for AoS and it generally doesn't add anything of value for Warhammer discussions.

>New vaccines don't work on older version of the disease, though

Is Be'lakor resistant to ALL spells of banishment, or just the refined newer ones?

If it's just the newer ones, your point has merit. If he's immune to all, then it doesn't make sense - wouldn't the first spells lf banishment have been to target beings specifically like him?

I meant sick as is cool looking, not literally sick as in filled with nurgle's blessing!

>No, someone told me a few days ago that ET is okay.

They lied.

I'm sad queek is only good against dwarves. I really liked him in head taker.

Magic is not a vaccine

I'm so fucking jelly. My lgs is so far up GW's ass that if you don't play aos your asked to free up tables for 'actual customers', regardless of what you buy or if anyone is there. Had to build my own table and use what ever is laying around for terrain

>Lileath’s eyes were closed, her lips moving silently as she wove a spell of banishment. Spirals of glowing white energy plucked at Be’lakor’s charging form, and wisps of his shadow diffused into nothing. But the First-damned was older than any exorcism, and could not be so easily cast into the Realm of Chaos by the young magics of the elves. He came on, his pace scarcely slowed.

--------------

>Her eyes were closed, and spirals of glowing white energy began to form about her. Those spirals lashed out at Be’lakor as he drew close, and he bellowed in agony as wisps of his shadow thinned to nothing or were plucked from his body. Snarling, Be’lakor brought his blade down, smashing the staff from Lileath’s hands and knocking her to the ground. ‘You think to banish me?’ Be’lakor roared. He smacked a fist into his chest. ‘I am the First Damned, and older than any exorcism or rite of banishment. I have more right to stride this world than you, and I will not be cast out– not now, not ever!’

All. Everything that he predates.

It was never released for 2e

>ET lore
It goes right there

No, I'm pretty sure you meant sick as in Nurgle.

>Got fucked by rocks
>Badass

No you dont. TW has terradon riders, so he's pretty much wasteing a slot.

Alright guys I have a plant.

>take receipts from people who have bought morathi in straya
>combine with sneg ladies bought from bongland
>refund them for a profit in a classic refund scheme

What could go wrong?

Wrong thread, faggot.

>post about out jewing the eternal GW

This seems like exactly the correct thread for this, faggot.

>older than any exorcism or rite of banishment.

Fun tidbit - whatever the first exorcism was cast on would have been older than the exorcism itself. Being older than something doesn't make you immune to it - that's just bad writing.

At the very least he could have argued he was the 'first' demon prince or something. Or that he was just plain too magically anchored to uproot. But using age as a defense is silly.

take your faggotry elsewhere

Go polish your shekels, red shirt.

>No, someone told me a few days ago that ET is okay
stop

Does anyone know who makes 25mm janissaries?
Warlord doing 8 in a $48 box is a little ridiculous for what is just Empire swordsmen in practice.

Are you seriously comparing vaccines to magic? In fact, by that logic, no vaccines should exist in a first place, as they were made after the disease they are supposed to fight against came into being

Warlord ones are that expensive? I always thought they had like inexpensive stuff

It's a metal box of 24 men, 11 of which are muskets.

thinyourpaints.jpg

What is hellebron doing with those jannissaries?

Are you looking for alternate models or just those ones particularly?

just filter & report the namefag

She's there to both fill in the gap of a unit captain until I get that weird ark thing to act as command and help me gauge the scale better since I am using elf bits to make the army more Fantasy than just "Ottoman empire" and elves aren't as glaring scalewise so far, but yeah just any janissaries would fit.

If you're going to use minis with molded foot bases you're better off clipping and filing them down if you want to actually retrofit them to alternative game bases.

The jutting is obvious and unless you decorate the bases convincing they'll still stand "taller" than usual

Ok that one's actually pretty cool. Love it when people get creative with their models.

Fair enough, what are you using them as?

ET exists and we shouldn't deny it exists, but on the other hand ET just gets too far away from what people who like Warhammer Fantasy actually want from Warhammer Fantasy - the World-that-was as it was.

>Literally never wins anything
>Has to sit in the corner and watch while everyone else fucks his hopes and dreams
The universe's most pathetic loser, bar none.

ET lovers are the same guys who think prometheus and covenant are great alien films

How bad of an idea is a horde of 40 slayers with strollaz?