Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

For the Glory of the God-King Reforged Edition

Previous Thread:
Please stop shitting up the thread with politics, memes, and race-baiting Do not respond to bait, hide, report, and Party on dudes (And dudettes)

>A Traveller's Guide to the Mortal Realms youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk
>Malign Portents: Behind the Scenes youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co

>Resources pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6
>Core rules games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handbook 2017 mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legions of Nagash mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Portents mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband builder warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>City Generator repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

>Daughters of Khaine (DoK) PDF
mega.nz/#!5cI3ATaL!2FnDYkQnjUzgY3_A6DVvQ8IOwHf4BoagXwk5Y9NducI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6vDr4pluNJk
youtube.com/watch?v=rTFBMKvJ-EA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>all that green
>no funny names
Way to go, OP. You remember the title, but you fucked up almost everything else.

At least crop your image you star slut

before or after modifiers?

"I fixed it"

Gobble my donger, dingbat.

For Grave Guard, abso-fucking-lutely. Getting back 2-3 16ppm semi-elite infantry instead of 1 is a godsend, especially when you're able to dump in 3 seperate heroes at 1000 pts, in addition to the GHoN on a 5+ and the possibility of gravesites. Neither of the last two trigger off the cart, for reference, but that still helps you make those small units of Grave Guard far more survivable. And for skeletons, it's just a delicious little buff for nothing.

Soon

Ok. What should I arm my grave guard with? And how do GW grave guard and black knights look when fielded alongside mantic skeletons? I have 10 GW ones, but I hate how the tip of one of their spears is twice the size of their head

So I've got the Blood Queen box and about $100 or so to spend this weekend on getting the models/paint/etc for my 1000pts of Legions. I don't know which legion to pick, because I seem to just like all of the damn models in the army. I think my options are thus.

1. Boneybois. A pure BoneZone seems like fun for me, but not for my opponent, and well, it's going to be a pain in the ass to paint. This is the 40 skell/10 GG/Cart/Knight list. Or the one with Morghast instead of the cart/knights

2. Spookybois. Try and revive Nighthaunt into Legion of Night, except with Skeleton support. Something like this.

Allegiance: Legion of Night
Knight of Shrouds (120)
Necromancer (110)
Necromancer (110)
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
20 x Skeleton Warriors (160)
Total: 960 / 1000

3. Mix the two. So this would be like if I ran Deathrattle with Ghost Allies. Still have boneybois but also have spookybois to back them up. So get past the skeleton spam and still use a lot of the models I want to without being hella shitty or stuck doing one or the other. Really any Legion works for this idea if I can fit it thematically.

What do you guys think will be the most fun?
What do you think is the most 'competitive'? My store is pretty casual.

this looks like the strongest thing in the book.

I'd argue after rerolls and modifiers, since most abilities that count on 6 rolls are similar.

>entire free round of melee or shooting for two units with no retaliation
Fuck.

Of course it is. Stormcast always have to have the best rules when they are involved

Well of course, feminists + soyboys, who can stop this?

Why lie?

Best girl coming through

They look just fine, if you want to use 'em. If you don't, you can use their Revenants. But there's a guy at my store that uses 'em seamlessly with one another.

As far as arming them, that can be somewhat contentious. Everyone more or less agrees that after you get to 20, great weapons are hands down the best choice. At 10, however, people disagree. If your opponent doesn't have Rend ranged units, then you can try to bubble-wrap your boys with shields. But especially against handguns or glade guard, don't bother with shields.

Remember, your Grave Guard are best used to fight elite infantry. If you are wasting them on some State Troops, you're not doing yourself any favors. Yet when you put them up against, say, Greatswords, those shields are absolutely meaningless and now you've turned down a potential bonus for nothing.

AoS has been out for three years now. What do we actually know about Stormcast lore?

Proportion-wise it's not a woman.

They are the coolest dudes ever and never lose and beat Chaos EVERYTIME and can’t die because my dad works at Nintendo

read some of the fucking books and find out

This. Sick of spoonfeeding retards

You guys are MEAN!

Remind me, what's the point in current DoK structure and policy, instead of old Hag Graef cult?

They're made from the souls of great warriors by Not!Odin and hang around in Not!Asgard. They frequently deepstrike to the (Nine) Realms and fight Evil. They're sumored to respawn when killed but it's unconfirmed because they've never lost a battle.

I want to disagree, but from an outside perspective, that's pretty much what's occurring.

Jesus Christ what is that OP?

Almost everything

What's their little backpack supposed to be?

for carrying snacks

>Needed to be saved from diseased fat guys by Stormcucks
>Abandoned her people to hang out with trees and never bathe
>"Best girl"

A shit one cuz theres no silly names

Are there any good Age of Sigmar novels yet?

Where can I download them if so?

GW has to have the Stormfront Eternals in everyone else's shit to make them seem important and powerful.
The Sylvaneth are her people, regrown.

Hammerhal is good.

How can people not think they're the wood elves?

Of course they respawn, them dying and then coming back sometime afterwards is pretty much everywhere.

>Mfw excited to read the lore about Sylvaneth in their Battletome only to find out it’s literally just more Stormcast wank fests

The setting doesn't encourage thinking.

>Pictured: how a real god handles Chaoscucks

Is Nagash a chad?

Well he's no kroak, but as far as the main faces of AoS go, he's definitely the chad of the bunch.

How is Kroak a chad?

>Fucked his brother's wife after murdering her family, then killed her when she wasn't useful
>Killed off his own homeland and gods in service to his own ambitions
>Has an ultra-loyal bro for a second-in-command and bitchslaps thots like Morathi
>Achieved his dreams of godhood by himself, no pussy-ass daemon worship involved
>Racially segregates the afterlife
Yes.

I actually like Stormcasts but they need to cool it with pushing them into everyone else's shit. I think people would like them more if they did that and made the units a bit more unique.

Check the last threads OP, it's under resources. I'm Reading Pestilens right now, and it's pretty good.

I'm gonna field this mother fucker one of these days just to see how my opponent reacts. Tired of soyboy incels at GW saying shit like "HEY GUISHE WANT TO PLAYYYYYYYYYYY? I'LL TOTALLY KICK YOUR ASSH WITH MY SNAKE LADIESH! MORATHI IS SHO HOT!" Fuckers need to learn their place under the skeletal pope's heel.

Spear of Shadows
Plague Garden
Pestilens
City of Secrets
Hammerhal
Undying king
Not in any particular order they're all good
Look in resources in the OP

>Checked

based Nagash confirms with trips

Snake skanks are on pre-order. I think you're making up stories.

How is he not? He's so powerful that he's technically undead but without resorting to necromancy and with a thought set up a shield around the old world that stopped Morrslieb's chunks from crashing into it.

Smack some thots for Nagash, son.

Nigga you know they have pre-existing units right? And Morathi is out? This trenchcoat wearing motherfucker at my store had that shit painted within 24 hours of release, dude straight up looks like pic related.

How are you guys making your necromancers? What are some good models to kitbash?

>Soy
>Incels
What do you think? No normal person talks like this

I don't know what's more disturbing the fact that you have this image saved or that you care so much

Im tryna come up with a list that's relatively low model count with Arkhan and Nagash, but worried that 3 units of morghasts, a necro, and skeletons for summoning isn't gonna be enough. I want a list with the bone bros but not sure what to fill it with, cuz I'm just so tired of using 40 skeleton blocks.

I plan on having a hard cap of 40 skeletons. That's plenty. Every army needs a big anvil in this game.

Spirit Hosts are always useful.

>Willed himself back to life without using necromancy, caught the fucking moon
>Body annihilated in the ensuing explosion, willed himself right back to life again anyway
>Literally rewrites entire constellations into the shape of his grinning face, the mere sight of which makes Skaven shit themselves

Nearly 4 hours left!
Are your dudes ready to inhale the mist?

Whoops! Looks like you posted the wrong image. Let me help you out.

I really feel like Death players are sorta shafted into running only a few viable lists at 1000 points and they seem to always involve a brick of 40 skeletons.

Don't forget to breathe deep, fleshies.

We are. It's only at 1250-2000 we get room to experiment.

Give that thot the pimp hand of dust

>implying death hasn’t always been (at least for the most part) a hoard alliance

NAGASH
GRAND NECROMANCER AND DESTROYER OF THOTS

I'm actually trying to break the mold and go for target saturation. Something like this, maybe?

Allegiance: Legion of Night
Vampire Lord (140)
- General
- Mount: Flying Horror
- Trait: Unholy Impetus
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Shard of Night
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
20 x Skeleton Warriors (160)
- Ancient Blades
5 x Hexwraiths (160)
3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
2 x Morghast Harbingers (220)
- Spirit Halberds

Total: 970 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 71

Wait, isn’t one of Nagash’s lieutenants an absolute thot ()

These are your Deepkin say something nice

Come at me, man-things

>Implying this is not our Deepkin.

Wait, then what about guys like the one appear on that Malign Portents stories? He certainly remember being forged multiple time, so certainly he must had fallen in battle just as much.

Nef is unironically everything Morathi wishes she still was. Beautiful, seductive, calculating, manipulative, successful, and not an ugly snake monsters.

She manages to run multi-realm conspiracies for Nagash and never has to throw her vag around to do it either.

Not the dude that did them, but how would you spruce up Ghost Skeletons? I was legit thinking about that shit a month ago because I love the everliving fuck out of the Army of the Dead from LotR due to the old hack-and-slash vidya. Ghostly Skeletons are my jam.

So, how would you help make that sort of design prop? Just dressing up the bases with tombstones and shit to help break up the swarm? The Army of the Dead in film still very slight metal and cloth details, just heavily washed out by the green filter. Reckon something like that? Give them hints of metal and clothing that's then washed out with super thin layers of wash?

Pic for reference, if you don't remember the joy of playing the Return of the King vidya. Holy shit, curse you, Ghost Skeleton user for making me remember that glorious Gamecube game from my childhood.

How is Mannfred? Both his spell and command ability look fucking amazing, but I'm not sure how I feel about the rest of his abilities.

Sword of unholy power and mortarch of night feed each other, and make him into a beast

As you can see in the film screenshot, they ghosts still have varied color, subdued as it is. I'd recommend painting skeleton with lighter colors than you would normally, going without a wash, then doing the ghost scheme over it. Keeps the look, but you get the spooky effect.

He's the Jack-of-all-trades Mortarch. Middle ground between Arkhan's magic and Nef's melee.

How do you do muted metals, though? And by the ghost scheme, you just mean a thin wash of green, with the standard touch-ups afterward? Or what?

youtu.be/6vDr4pluNJk

>implying
If Settra comes back, expect this leading an army of Reanimates for Order.
>youtube.com/watch?v=rTFBMKvJ-EA

I think the swords/metal would work fine going full ghost, just some fabrics being brought out with color would help the minis pop. For the ghost thing, pretty much, but I'm not exactly certain how the pictured minis were painted.

Battletome says those on paladin units are reliquaries.

By looking at every other unit in the army.

So basically you want to paint, say, half of the mini as a ghost, and half of it as a normal model. Wetblend the ghostbits into the other bits.

Fair enough.

>Stormcast carry boxes of bones on their back.

Death players: Is there any reason for fielding any Flesh Eaters Court dudes as allies?

aesthetic

No

Keeps you on your toes when Necromancers animate your backpack skellies

There's no implication they're bones, merely small relics saturated with energy from Azyr. Of course there are also no implications either that some or all of them aren't bones.

Actually I'm debating getting either Flesh Eater Courts or Tzeench Daemons Start Collecting, should I avoid FEC then? I like the look of both armies, but I don't want to gimp myself to start with, have enough of that with my 40k armies.

Flesh Eater Courts are...okay. They struggle pretty badly, against some armies, because they're HEAVILY reliant on their heroes. That being said, they're fun. And their fluff is fantastic. I'd say that you need to look at their models and you need to decide if you like ghouls or not. Because you're probably going to run a blob of them.

Real Talk people.

1. With Elves or Sisters of Slaughter
2. Extra Knife or Buckler
3. Hag Queen on Cauldron or Slaughter Queen.

Just picked my pre-order stuff and need to decide before I start assembling. To be honest I don't like the SoS models with the masks, hoping I can get away with Witches.

FEC are fun, as long as you actually like the army. You may not be top tier, but they're annoying to play against.
On the other hand, Tzeentch daemons are underplayed compared to their Tzaangor or Mortal brothers. You can avoid some of the heavy cheese from the other shit in the DoT book.

stormcast are just BONELESS knights