How much time has passed in your game?

let's also talk about the pass of time in games

One thing I hate is when the entire time span of a campaign is one or two months long, it completely takes out the feeling of an epic quest and grand adventure.

currently 7 years have passed in my game, with each player having small solos each to represent what each of their characters did on their own and how they grew as people (While the Big Bad was slowly creating his plan in the shadows)

Three or four months total. I don't keep a firm track on things, but you know, it's alright.

I agree. Too many people are afraid of having to alter the 'age' field of their character. Just (literally) grow the fuck up, senpaitachi.

Depends. it's been well into a year of objective time, but due to the nature of the FTL the party is using, four or five months of that wasn't experienced by the crew.

There was one major backtrack that definitely ate up like four months of objective time during jumps.

about ten years +, but it involved a dimensional timeskip. Combined with us escaping through a Portal in a cellar at some point to a different continent I constantly troll our GM by pretending we are in a different Dimension all together and our original Oath to rescue the princess is null and void. When he repeatedly assures us that this is not the case, I am adamant that my Character wouldn‘t know that, and everything points to us being in a different dimension.

I've been running Grimwyrd for two and a bit years

Ingame, 4 months have passed.

In that time, a kingdoms m in turnoil dispatched it's army to face an overlord, a nuclear magic weapon blew a hole.in reality, and the kingdom fell to chaos soon after. The players are gearing up for a final confrontation with a godly wizard type soon, in his flying sky castle. They've uncovered so much hidden lore about their world they question if the histories of man we're written truthfully or not. They have recovered relics of the past, made pacts with fey overlords, and stared down the heart of elemental evil behind reality at least three times.

Fuck you and your sense of time

whats the cute thing in op's image

An emoji

It depends on the game really.
Played a Ars Magica game that went for 30+ years in world time, but then ars magica measures most activity in seasons.
On the other hand been playing a ww2 game where we go through mostly real time the events of the war (started in 1939 now in 1941).
Got a modified shadowrum game possibly being put together that will take place over 24hrs with each session being 1 to 2 hours of in game time

The magical girl game I ran that just finished up ran for a full in-universe year of spy games and drama. The characters were plenty fatigued by the end of it and happy to finally have a break from the chaos.

Great Pendragon Campaign.

80 years.

It's an alien from Season 5 of Samurai Jack.

So far in my Stars Without Number game, it's been about a year, maybe a little less. The crew just set down to have their ship get her six month tune up.

And then they became fugitives.

3 days

Drawn to resemble the characters from Poputepipikku.

10 months so far; we've just (unwillingly) started some portal fuckery though, so it's possible that by the time we get home, much more time would have passed.

bump

3 years though we're due for a 2 year timeskip soon

My players are all beginners and are about 8 weeks in. In that time they have managed to:
>Accidentally destroy a town's church with an explosion
>Caught wise of a secret evil cult.
>Rescue an important NPC from captivity
>Kill an owlbear
>Start a forest fire
Needless to say, their characters are making waves.

"Ok players we're going to skip 3 months ahead to allow events to unfold in politics/war/etc. What are you going with your downtime?"

>Grinding XP, I calculate I'll gain 5 levels in that time

I'm running Out of the Abyss. The first part of the campaign took place over the course of four Faerûnian months; there was then a three months time skip, and now we're starting the second part, with a new party (since there's no way in Hell any of the old party would want to venture back into the Underdark).

The previous campaign I took part in was Hoard of the Dragon Queen/Rise of Tiamat, which took place over the course of 6 months. Because I think it's fun, I had Out of the Abyss start about 1 week before Rise of Tiamat ended, and characters from RoT have already shown up in OotA and will continue to do so where relevant.

When I run Storm King's Thunder, I plan on having it start one day after the end of part one of OotA, so Storm King's Thunder will probably take place mostly within the three-month time skip.

Oh, for non-D&D stuff, I have a 14-part campaign for Star Trek Adventures plotted out that would take place over the course of one year, Stardates 5000 to 5999 (or the year 2269, if you prefer - during the final year of Kirk's Five Year Mission). But I doubt I'll ever get to run it...my players are not suited to Star Trek Adventures.

The campaign would be deliberately episodic to evoke the feel of a Star Trek series, with an average of about 25 days between each part.

about 6 sessions in and it's been about 6 months of game time