MTG Legacy General thread

MTG Legacy General thread

didn't see one on the catalog. I'm playing a team trios later this month and I have all the cards for burn or delver, I just haven't really liked the way delver plays. (need a threat to put them on clock, and enough disruption. Daze is cool but loses value after a few turns when they can pay. Force, brainstorm ponder are great but can only do so much). I'm only about $300-500 from DnT or Eldrazi respectively, but at this time I'll playtest anything and see what sticks

What do you play, what do you hate, what's well situated in the meta right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgtop8.com/event?e=18668&d=316428&f=LE
mtgtop8.com/event?e=18668&d=316422&f=LE
mtgtop8.com/event?e=18494&d=314986&f=LE
mtgtop8.com/event?e=18682&d=316562&f=LE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mtgtop8.com/event?e=18668&d=316428&f=LE

Delver list I'm contemplating and playtesting. Maybe I'm a scrub for not liking delver, but by the same token, noone is going to be surprised by delver. People probably know better how to play against it than I know how to play it

This list is super cool, and more what I'm used to. I'd love to jam chalice on 1 turn 1 against a lot of decks and watch them scramble for removal or have to force it. City of traitors is expensive though

mtgtop8.com/event?e=18668&d=316422&f=LE

Thalia seems very well situated in the meta right now, plus this is a very cool deck and I love creatures with control/hate built right in

mtgtop8.com/event?e=18494&d=314986&f=LE

Burn never really goes away and is always on the cheaper end of legacy decks. It hasn't made a showing in a while, I wonder if it's time for a return to burn. When people stop sideboarding lifegain it tends to get good again (until the meta shifts back to lifegain). A lot of the top decks go deep on spending life for mana, including delver and eldrazi

mtgtop8.com/event?e=18682&d=316562&f=LE

Crystal Vein can work as a budget replacement for City of Traitors in a pinch.

The biggest issue I see for Burn is that the majority of decks main-deck lifegain right now, in the shape of Deathrite Shaman. Not saying he should be banned or anything, just that he does put pressure on Burn decks, and they have to devote resources to get him off the field that would otherwise be aimed at the opponent's face.

Thanks! Yes this is true although money is almost a secondary consideration; if I find the deck I most want to play, I can drop some cash to make it happen, I just don't want to buy ALL the decks before playtesting them. If it's less than 1k to spend with cards I have lying around, I'd rather play the real version

I'm pretty new to Legacy. What is the best Stoneforge Mystic deck? I've been trying a few netdecks on cockatrice but I'm having trouble finding a build I really love.

Truth. Yeah deathrite probably is the big issue stopping burn at the moment

Most delver decks run exactly one tropical island, so short of having 2 deathrites if you can molten rain the green source you probably won't have to worry about lifegain anymore. Worth considering some land destruct or blood moon for burn

This DnT runs stoneforge mystics. I don't know if it's the "best" stoneforge deck but it has some good tech in it and I think it's a solid deck

Although a 3 mana spell vs delver is just asking to get daze/forced

Jitte, batterskull and SOFI are as good a suite of stoneforge targets as I can think of. Versatility, turn 3 batterskull and the ever-broken Jitte

OP here I gotta go to work. If you Legacybros would keep the thread bumped for me would be awesome :D

I'll try it out! I love Stoneforge Mystic from a gameplay and art view, and was really sad it didn't get unbanned in Modern. Seeing her in the same deck as Thalia and Mom really makes me want to take it for a spin.

Page 10 death bump

New thread topic: anyone got any legacy brews, even shitty ones, with interesting mechanics?

I had an old fluctuator deck from urza's cycle lands that dumped onto the graveyard and killed off songs of the damned+drain life or haunting misery. And before that I used to use cadaverous bloom+prosperity and yawgmoth's bargain into a big drain life.

I'll take whatever legacy brews, even if it's all tribal. Hit me with what you got

"Ally tribal" damned autocorrect

What about a stupid "names cards" tribal esper. Meddling mage, cabal therapy, pithing needle, sorcerous spyglass, surgical extraction, lost legacy. Basically every turn you name a card they can't play anymore, and slowly grind them out with 2 damage from meddling mage and phyrexian revoker.

Probably a terrible idea yeah?

Why have sultai lists stopped running goyfs?
Also thinking about going legacy infect, the deck seems sweet, thinking about adding ichorclaw myrs to the list as a 2-3 of

Any stonenlade variant.
The three colored ones like esper

Another death bump, coalhauler pig edition

Bump

Stabilization Orb is going to be an interesting addition from dominara
another version of ethersworn that's not limited to white, and a middle finger to chalice stompy/12-post/MUD/Eldrazi decks

how does D&T typically matchup against grixis delver, czech pile and miracles?

Dnt is easily the best stoneforge deck. Stoneblade decks are incredibly medium but if you want to play brainstorm and force with stoneforge, you can go that route. If you want to look like a troglodyte, you can play uwr delver, but thats not a deck anymore.

So is the new Lich spoiled in Dominaria worth Show and Telling in?

>Lich's Mastery
>3BBB
>Legendary Enchantment
>Hexproof
>You can't lose the game.
>Whenever you gain life, draw that many cards.
>Whenever you lose life, for each 1 life you lost, exile a permanent you control or a card from your hand or graveyard.
>When Lich's Mastery leaves the battlefield, you lose the game.

It's a mixture between Nef Lich & the original, which is cool.
I tried making a Lich deck on previous threads but never seemed to work out. Doubt Lich would ever see comp play