Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Classic Painting edition

>T'au and mechanized Inf
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/05/tau-sept-hammerhead-gunships-breacher-teamsgw-homepage-post-3/
>Bork'an and Riptides
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/06/tau-preview-borkan-septgw-homepage-post-3/
>Farsight Enclaves, laser swords, and Commander Nerfs
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/07/tau-empire-preview-farsight-enclavesgw-homepage-post-3/
>Dalyth, Ghostkeels, and the future of Altioc, Raven Guard and Alpha Legion stealth traits
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/08/tau-empire-preview-dalyth-septgw-homepage-post-3/

>Warhammer TV Tip of the day:
youtube.com/watch?v=-a5T895ptYA

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhamster:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>The More Previouser Thread Before This one

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2018/03/08/tau-empire-preview-dalyth-septgw-homepage-post-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for The Emperor and His People!

2nd for Drew Carrey

Question when charging as World Eaters Khornate Berzerkers

After successfully completing my charge on the selected unit, how does the fight phase proceed?

A) KB > KB > Enemy

or

B) KB > Enemy > KB

>page 7
Cease

Yes, praise the Emperor and all four of his arms!

Ugh, I'm going to have to buy pathfinders to replace my marker drones aren't I? Even then, 80 points to only -average- getting +1 bs with no guarantee on one target seems inefficient.

And of course my marker commander is worthless now...

what do you highlight black with?

Dynamic entry ho!

*blocks your path*

Gonna be split between Vect loyalists, Tau refugees, and Ynari imperials.

This is for (you)

Eshin Grey

dont reply to me ever again

saw a battle report where 2 of them with whatever protocol they have for shooting wiped out like 4 complete guardsmen infantry squads

needless to say I'll be apprehensive whenever I see one of those on the table top

he's right though

that goes for you as well

Lmao just aim with leman russes.

they arnt that hard to kill you just need to commit to them

or just tie them up in combat, they do fuck all without fists

>Reading Tau/SM story
>SM getting killed left and right by suits
>Farsight tells everyone to load out on plasma rifles and fusions blasters
>says to consider engaging space marines as squadrons of tanks instead of infantry
>also shoot the guys not wearing helmets because they're the leaders
it makes sense but it doesn't make for interesting conflict

I use a dark blue then a lighter blue drybrush.
Perfect for painting Nazgul.

>2 of them wiped out like 4 complete guardsmen infantry squads

That's literally impossible, unless they took the flamers and the guardsmen were within 12". 2 bots in protector mode with full blasters only make 36 shots, which can't possibly kill 40 models. Also their BS is only 4+.

With 2 blasters and a flamer, they'd get 12 shots plus 2D6 autohits each, so it's technically possible, but still highly unlikely.

Anyone got experience kit bashing old marine bits onto primaris? Specifically shoulders and helms?

incubi darkness and mechanicus standard grey

Just like playing against tau is like.

>>also shoot the guys not wearing helmets because they're the leaders
Finally.

Warpstone Glow

>user make an assuption giving vague numbers
>take him seriously

assuming youre replying to the guy about broadsides killing magnus

youre missing the 24 smart missile shots

Also you can pretty easily justify getting 5 markerlights up on a big expensive target like magnus, which pushes you to 89% hits

So on average you'll get 5-6 missile pod wounds doing an average of 10-12 damage, and 3-4 smart missile wounds, or 13-16 damage

Its a lot of setup but to kill a target like magnus it seems worthwhile

I miss oldcrons, now all we have is space tomb kangz playing pokemon.

I always wanted a Space Wolf vs. Tau story. That goes along the lines of:
>More Marines incoming. Bust out the Mirror Codex
>Wait... why aren't they following the codex?
>Why are they howling? Why are there wolves? Why are they riding wolves? Why are they part wolf? Why are they shagging their wol- okay that explains the half wolves

>send in the kroot

I want Tau vs Thousand Sons for obvious reasons

Space Wolves are so hypocritical, I would not be surprised if they ended up tolerating Gue'vesa and teaming up with the Tau against a common foe, rather than murdering the shit out of them, like they did with their T-Sons brothers.

But nothing actually changed with the crons, they had personalities then and do now. What changed was the C'tan.

I want to see them get massacred by deathwing because they thought this rather big human would be a great asset to the greater good.

>send in the kroot
>kroot eats wolves.
>kroots become wulfroots
>Space Wolves only become stronger

>Krootox and hounds get shaped by Fenrisian wolves

I'm OK with this.

That is fucking wonderful.

The guy you were replying to also had a 3+ save on Magnus where as that other guy probably had the 3+/4++ save in mind

eldar vs tsons for access to the black library tbqh

Post your latest work anons

See leak threads. I forget the exact profile, but they are S10 D6 now, iirc.

If it works like that, great. Some suggest it replaces the Rapid Fire with Assault, meaning you give up double tap to advance into double-tap range.

Is he a 3++ or 4++? I havent kept up with the changes in the thousand sons codex

Still not quite finished

>fighting to win
>punishing retards with the no helmet tradition
>boring

I guess it would be more interesting if the Marines win

That's rad, my lad

He can cast a spell for +1++ but he starts at 4++

Based Farsight

3+ / 4++
After his first turn he's 3+/3++ and -1 To Hit

If I remember correctly, there was a short story of Space Wolves that drop podded into the ocean, and the marines walked on the ocean floor up to the shore to attack someone. I want to say it was the Tau but I cant recall for sure.

leaks say they are s8 ap-2 D6 damage now

I want Tau vs Daemons because it's bound to be hilarious

I believe he's still 4++r1 base, which is halfway between 4++ and 3++ in terms of effectiveness.

My favorite fluff stories are ones of tau being bullied. Especially the dark eldar one.

but that happened already

He dreams of becoming a big Bloodthirster someday. Can you say something nice about him?

>another Tau curbstomp victory
>enthralling
You must be the life of the party.

How do you think Farsight got his sword and went into exile? They got ambushed by deamons and the daemons killed all the ethereals in farsight's expedition.

How will marines ever recover?

why did he get such a large cut on his head?

>25mm base

He rerolls 1s on hits and psychic tests still but lost r1 on invuln

> photo posted sideways

Deleting myself as we speak

Those banner bearers on 25mms are nightmares

Weird, but ok.

A building

>because it's bound to be hilarious

Tau Kills Khorne
>Khorne's daemonic legions storm towards the T'au, but the T'au battlesuits refuses to answer the charge. Instead, the daemons are met with a storm of plasma fire, and T'au battlesuits blast apart thousands of Warp-spawned horrors. Slowly but inevitably, the daemons are banished to the Warp.

>as opposed to imperium self-fellation about honor and hfy

Whatever happened to those transport boxes GW did at the tail end of 7 edition? The ones that were a troop + transport + maybe an upgrade kit, like my pic.

Bullying among Bloodletters is real.

It's an old box, it's what they came with.

Don't remind me. Priming the banner bearer was a bitch and a half.

>Blue Horrors tripping over daemons trying to possess the enemy and looking bewildered they can't
>greater daemon tries casting debuff auras, stands chanting, then looks back to see it had little to no effect
>pumped full of rounds while attempting it again, or blows up channeling shit with nowhere to funnel it

*yawns*

That actually sounds fucking gay.
>I just walked up to the dude and hit him

Would have been better if he went full clever girl.

24 HYMP shots hitting on 3+ rerolling everything, at -1 to hit vs a 3++ save averages 8 wounds with an SD of 4 wounds, so between 4 and 12

24 SMS shots will average 3 wounds with an SD of 1.61

so on average you are looking between 5.35 wounds and 16.57

it is not entirely unlikely that you will kill him, however it is far more likely that you wont and you have just commited a huge amount into him

>boring
>where's the part where the planet breaks (lol) before the zzzzzzz

Anyone please? Half my FLGS says its option A) and the other half says its B)

they sold out

which is a bummer because the nid one was an insane value

This actually happened to my chapter master in 7th edition. Charged into my tau buddies commander (like I always do) and was ready to smash his ass to pieces with my thunder hammer (like I always do).

Then buddy tells me he has this Fucking gauntlet that's str 10 (8?) and hits at initiative 2. Hits, wounds, my invulnerable fails, and my chapter master got Fucking 1 shot. We had a good laugh over that one

Female orks when?

If they reproduce asexually, why couldnt they have a female shape?

Charging units go first.

It's here

old news

Got a blood angels start collecting set on the cheap. What's a cool successor chapter I can make them into? I really like the iconography of the blood angels but their colour scheme never really appealed to me.

2 hours late user

>reductionism
Every SM story is "i just shot him lmao" th

Fight phase proceeds as KB (due to having charged) first, and then later, KB can be selected during the step when you select something that hasn't charged. Exact order depends on the order you and your opponent select in.

Both of the listed options can theoretically happen.

>inside a spaceship hull while marines were doing boarding action, hatefucking the shit out of the few tau defenders.

How about you post the section where the Scar Lords wreck their shit out of pretty much everyone, and wipe out an entire third of their entire expedition force by ramming the Tau capital ship.

Only reason why the Tau fleet even survived was because of Farsight and his coldstar prototype zipping around, getting guidance from a Tau possessed by a tzeentch daemon.

The space marine was the one running. Tau suit was holding still until it backhanded him.

>If they reproduce asexually, why couldnt they have a female shape?
The part where they were created as the Old One's super soldiers. I guess to a bunch of frogs, a mushroom gorilla was the pinnacle of warriors

lamenters or commit suicide

>the faction that is renowned for being shit at melee suddently have warriors that go faster than a space marine while wearing a power fist
I don't know what is worse, taufags or new t''''au fluff

>assuming their asexual reproduction results in a 'male' shape
get out of here with your transophobia

Heh, had a game against Tau last weekend where the exact opposite happened. He jumped his commander in front of my lonely Captain, took just two wounds off him with all his guns, then got smashed to bits in a single round of Thunderhammer-to-the-face.