>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/
Have DM ever described to you, what happened to your PC after he died? To what kind of aterlife he went?

anyone wanna try my dungeon crawl setting

Bumping this

No and personally I don't either unless the player specifically asks for that. I let them decide their characters fate after it leaves the table permanently.

Kobold dude: 3 Rogue / X sorc, or X Rogue / 3 Sorc

Gith confirmed bois

Is bodyswapping possible as a character backstory?

My character was a cute absent-minded Wizard girl who, after an experiment gone wrong, swapped bodies with a Hobgoblin Shaman.

Good idea?

Only if you become the cute wizard girl after succeeding in the quest.

Weak bait

Meh, borderline fetish idea but talk to your DM.

she wont be so cute when the goblins done with her

;~;

>Literally copy pasted the UA
If there's no improvement, why would I buy the book?

Why?

I mean, she's a female elf wizard but she still looks acts and talks like a Hobgob' so they wouldn't gangrape her.

Are Githzerai the most OP Wisdom caster / Monk class now?

My character wound up having a borderline necromancy backstory where an attempt to seal his soul into a construct so that he could live forever instead wound up with his soul being booted into the stratosphere and landing in an unborn human child.

This resulted in him losing almost all his memories. Gave cool flavour for leveling up, though. After Orcs raided the town, he took linguist and suddenly remembered that he could speak Orcish.

Looooore

What does level mean? Apparently I don't get the spells on that level IE: 3rd Level spells on level 3?

why do u say that
+2 str is shit

>Are Githzerai the most OP Monk?
No, it gets no +Dex

there's a difference between caster levels and character levels.

read the fucking book you mongoloid

What's the difference between caster levels and character levels? When does my caster level go up?

>+2 str
That's Githyanki retard.

I see +2 WIS on Githzerai.

Who's Tito?

Greg Tito he's a d&d guy

>I see +2 WIS on Githzerai.
I said it gets no +DEX

it varies class to class, but your caster level is equal to the highest leveled slots you have, so for instance a level five wizard's caster level is 3 because that's the highest level spell he can learn.

About to start playing in a campaign with an experienced DM, and three fuckin goons who probably won't even read the PHB. Other than Phandelver, which official WOTC module would be least impacted by teammates who don't know/care about the rules?

How can I raise the undead, and make them bros so its not as "evil"? Like awaken or enlightenment or something. IDK man, I just want to have spooky skelemen man my pirate ship.

Why do they post only one section of one page?
Are they a coward?

Talk to your DM and see if they're ok with it not being an inherently evil act in setting.

>Githyanki Warmage
That's gonna be really cool

I’m I know I’m really stepping in a bear trap to explain my pov, but here goes.

What makes me depressed and paranoid is a combination of entitlement and wishful thinking. I get super down everyday knowing there are people out there who have to power and money to make the world a better place, but dont. I hate that I struggle to make ends meet and cant afford a PHB, but out there right now is some trust fund kid who can stay home and play PUBG all day just because he was born to different peopel and circumstances. I hate how someone can actually believe blacks and homosexuals are inferior somehow despite the fact we bleed the same color blood.

So that passage clicked with me because I would rather see everyone equal and boring, than some people happy while other suffer. I dont expect to change any minds here, and I’m sure that I am the embodiment of something a few of you would shoot on site.

Basically, I’m a communist. I just want everyone to be provided for, equal and cotent. Not bait i swear, but I’d love to read some opposition (if its constructive)

I assume it's to stir up some hype

You're a davy jones type. Collect the souls of sailors who aren't ready to die yet. Once they have their fill of your ghost ship, you pack them off into the great beyond

>dragging this shit into the new thread
fuck off

Kill yourself, shitposter.

Fuck you, i want to talk about social issues, filtered through the context of 5e discussion on a Vietnamees sewing circle image board

Die, die, die, die, die.

DM's being a dick about it. Says its evil no matter how you cut it. IDK man, I don't care for that because it nuls out an entire school of wizards and its in the base PHB so i don't understand why. They have been adding "evil" player classes through other means, the PHB is supposed to be fair game.

I don't have a golem book and our DM doesn't hand out magic weapons or items. We are level 5 (party of 5) and as a total we only have 1 +1 sword.

Also, fuck you. Skeleton's are sweet and if I could have a working relation with them (hence me wanting them to be awoken in some manner) I would. I've played my holy bro too much, nows my chance to cut loose to degrees.

I can understand where you're coming from, but I completely disagree with the end and reasoning.

>Says its evil no matter how you cut it.
Then I suggest you suck it up, or run your own game.

This is the way to go friend.

>DM's being a dick about it. Says its evil no matter how you cut it.
DM's game, DM's rules, user. Also he's sticking to the PHB saying animating the dead is always evil, so he's not exactly being a dick.

It is fair game, it even mentions that doing too much of it is an evil act. Just because it's fair game doesn't mean there are zero consequences that come with it.

WELL SOME PEOPLE WANT TO TALK ABOUT 5E IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS 5E THREAD
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>tfw sudden creative sterility
I have all the right elements - a wedding, a tournament, rivaling nobles, uppity tribal elves, a cult of the kraken... But I can't come up with any fucking idea for an adventure by mixing them.

The session is, like, in a day, and I still have no idea what we'll be playing.

Are you trying to use all of them or just mix a couple together?

Is Celestial Warlock a better healer than Life Cleric?

The kraken cult interrupts the elven noble wedding and uses the newly wed couple as sacrifices in their underwater temple that the party must adventure to if they wish to acquire the McGuffin.

No

No but they are more fun.

PERSONALLY I PREFER ZEALOT MECHANICALLY BUT I FIND STORM HERALD TO BE VERY FLAVORFUL

Why are gnomes so good?

I understand your frustrations, and your feelings, but this is neither the time nor place for this talk, comrade

Narrate how the Kraken cultists drown all the PCs as they attend the wedding, then go
>Turns out a Blue Wedding isn't any better, eh? eh?

Yo fuck these dudes and be Davy Jones like says.

If nothing else, fuck it and just be evil dude. Like the DM is supposed to make the game fun for YOU, you are the player. If you are not having fun then either fuck him and find a new group, or talk to him about it. No reason why the DM shouldn't listen to you. Doesn't sound like your trying to be OP either, enjoy your skele crew m8.

>Davy Jones
>not evil

>Warlocks
>fun

Because you don't listen to memes

I just miss bloodrager desu

Celestial warlock is more fun than all the other flavors of warlock.

How?

I didn't play 4e so...I don't that being said though a swordmage sounds cool

Holy shit, that's actually not bad. Okay, I'll write out some ideas I actually do have.

>Noble family the PCs are supposed to help is having a double wedding, and a tourney in it's honor.
>It's also fighting other noble families, cause... Reasons, I guess?
>The winner of the tourney is supposed to be wed to the second daughter, while the eldest is getting hitched to a pirate
>This pirate is unknowingly even to himself the head of the cult of the kraken, giving commands to his underling in his dreams.
>The cult recruits people through selling special magic amulets that can summon weapons and armor out of nowhere, giving criminals a huge edge in turf wars, but also corrupting them into crazies who hear the kraken's voice in their sleep.
>Elves are pissed at humans for... Some reason, and are secretly goading elementals and animals into attacking them? Possibly the wrong humans? I've got no idea, honestly.

Somebody help me.

You can be an ethical necromancer anyway. Just make sure your #1 priority is never losing control of your undead, and always putting them down once you're finished with them. Also be careful who you bring your undead around, and avoid ever raising from graveyards or any of that shit.

The post says "Collect the souls of sailors who aren't ready to die yet. Once they have their fill of your ghost ship, you pack them off into the great beyond"

Doesn't sound that evil to me.

It's actually a pathfinder class. One of the only things I miss from that game.

Haha.
It's official bro. :)

What's the best Soccer subclass outside of PHB?

Are any of them better than the standard go-to Draconic Bloodline?

I'd imagine Brute or Monk, so you can replace the damage of the soccer ball with martial arts, or add to it.

Healing and support gives you more options than just EB spam.

Plus the flavor is more fun than just being yet another edgy warlock in service to ye olde dark lord.

Is Catapult legal or do you still have to hit the ball with your feet?

Celestial Bladelock is also one of the few bladelocks in which you can completely ignore Thirsting Blade due to Radiant Soul + Greenflame blade. It goes well with Eldritch Smite too, since that only works once per turn.

>>Noble family the PCs are supposed to help is having a double wedding, and a tourney in it's honor.
Sounds nice. I'll call the main couple John and Jill.

>>It's also fighting other noble families, cause... Reasons, I guess?
The son of the angry noble family wanted to marry the girl who was wed. We'll call him Jack. Jack wanted to marry Jill but because of political reasons John got the ticket. Up to you whether or not Jill really loves Jack or not. Either way both the groom and the bride get kidnapped much to the Jack's anguish. Jack's family hates the others because if the original marriage went through they would've been elevated but instead they got shafted, while Jack himself is actually a nice guy who really cares about Jill and wants to help save her.

>>The winner of the tourney is supposed to be wed to the second daughter, while the eldest is getting hitched to a pirate
Could work.

>>This pirate is unknowingly even to himself the head of the cult of the kraken, giving commands to his underling in his dreams.
Plot twist: Jack is secretly the reincarnation of the kraken god all along and was giving unconscious orders to his underlings this entire time, and is horrified when he discovers the truth.

>>The cult recruits people through selling special magic amulets that can summon weapons and armor out of nowhere, giving criminals a huge edge in turf wars, but also corrupting them into crazies who hear the kraken's voice in their sleep.
Could work.

>>Elves are pissed at humans for... Some reason, and are secretly goading elementals and animals into attacking them? Possibly the wrong humans? I've got no idea, honestly.
Make the elven influence more subtle. They were the original creators of the kraken cult but attempts to shut it down when they realized how horrible the god they worshipped truly was. They performed a ritual and sealed off the original underwater temple and killed the original incarnation of the kraken god but he is now Jack.

After a PC dies I take the player aside and describe their character catching a glimpse of the afterlife. (That's also when I ask them if they want the character back, and if yes, what price they're willing to pay for that.)

You're literally asking which module is most reliant on PHB rules. They all are! Which rules come up relies entirely on what the players do.
The only differences you will find are, at the very most, things like... one adventure which suggests 3 athletics checks for Obstacle X and one adventure which suggests 1 animal handling check for Obstacle X.
I guess you could minimize the amount of rules involved by implementing exactly zero combat, minimal exploration, and mostly social encounters, but honestly, at that point why are you even playing D&D.

i did my own take on the Warlord from 4e (never played it but seems to be a popular class) based on some of the shouts/mechanics from Guild Wars 1.

gettin real sick of the SCAG cantrips

What's the verdict on the Ancestral Guardian Barbarian?

Depends entirely on what you want to do. Draconic is the best blaster and also has better AC, Divine Soul is the best support with access to Cleric spells and Shadow gets a free but better version of Heightened Spell

Blis respond seriously

I'll add one more thing if you go through with this Jack idea:

Jack will talk at length with the party and will ask for love advice. Depending on how they answer they will shape Jack's psyche. Jack could either become the new kraken god's avatar if he goes through a dark path and becomes negatively influenced, or he could reject it. This could all alter how the final encounter will occur. Perhaps there's one scenario where Jack stays pure and good and rejects the kraken cult and they try to kill him and put the pirate (or maybe even John) in power instead. Or perhaps Jack has one bad thing after another happen to him and succumbs to the darkness, thanking the party for showing him that might makes right.

Just throwing out ideas my dude.

Same, they were a mistake

Up there with totem barbarian, and one of the few classes that can play a video-game soft "tank" role. On encounters against one big strong enemy and a bunch of mooks it can seriously fuck with their damage output.

meant for

Is it true that a Divination Wizard is better at everything Evocation Wizard does, including damage from Evocation spells?

>Like the DM is supposed to make the game fun for YOU

I never got this ethos, you and the OP bitching about actions having consequences in a game make you sound like whiny children expecting their mum to bend over backwards for them, always expecting to get their way.
The game is a collaboration, it's supposed to be fun for everyone.
Part of that is sometimes aquiescing in order to make shit work in that world- like the idea that controlling the bodies or souls of other beings to do your will as being inherently bad isn't an unreasonable stance to take.

Divination Wizard is great even if its whole thing revolves around:
>you have disadvantage on the next roll
>no he doesn't

I think that its a far more entertaining idea.

>Celestial Bladelock is also one of the few bladelocks in which you can completely ignore Thirsting Blade due to Radiant Soul + Greenflame blade
Better choose Tome instead of Blade if going this route imo, Lifedrinker comes too late

Random pic I found funny.

No

Evocation is the weakest "wizard-like" Wizard subclass.

Divination >> Illusion = Abjuration > Enchantment > Negromancy = Conjuration > * > Evocation

Doesn't matter, it says they're evil so no one will ever get to play one.

But RAW warlocks are fine

>Doesn't matter, it says they're evil so no one will ever get to play one.
GITHYANKI ARE THE EVIL ONES YOU IDIOT

Evocation is above Enchantment, imo.

It's just solid bonuses to spells that will be used a lot. Divination and Evocation are basically 'generalist' Wizards.