Japan TRPGs

There was an user in the last Japanese TRPG thread who mentioned that he would like to TL Terra the Gunslinger, if he could get a copy. I found a copy of the book and the supplement for sale, but it's $60 total (that's before international shipping). If you want to split it with me, I can scan it (that way everyone has a copy of the original version if they want it). Email me if that sounds like something you want to do.

[email protected]

bump

Keeping the dream alive.

Bump I guess. Not the most popular system but it's the only PDF I have on this computer.

Also the more people that want to split the cost, the merrier. I don't know how many people are interested in this one though.

>The game takes place in Terra, a fictional continent modeled after North America during the American Old West. Its theme is frontier spirit. The setting is fictitious, but actual historical Americans also appear as non-player characters. They include Thomas Alva Edison, Nikola Tesla, Jesse James and Belle Starr. There are guns and steampunk items representing lost technologies (for example, phlogiston generators or aetheric drives). Players face monsters called the Dark. Player characters may be automata, bounty hunters, gunslingers, preachers, saloon girls, steam-mages, U.S. marshals and other archetypes as they ride the transcontinental railroad on their way to the far western frontier.

>Another roleplaying game, Tenra War pits Terra against the setting of Tenra Bansho.

>As in the Tokyo NOVA role-playing game (as well as the American game Castle Falkenstein), playing cards are used instead of dice. The suits of cards correspond to four abilities: Spade () is spirit, heart () is hope, club () is cool, and diamond () is desire. The card motif is meant to bring to mind a game of poker, as often seen in western movies.

Reading Quick Start! made me want to play Alshard so bad... shame this is pretty much the closest we'll get to an English translation.

Dreams don't die.

Shame TLs for that died off.

tfw OP takes the money and spends it on heroin

Does $60 get you a lot of heroin? I didn't want to namefag or anything, but I do scan regularly as a hobby.

deadscanlations.tumblr.com

You might have more luck seeing if some of the more industrious folks at the PDF Share thread would want to help, it seems up their alley.

I suppose, I just made this thread in hopes that he would have a better chance of seeing it. I didn't want to post in another thread asking for donations towards it since I don't know how much interest there is. Why must these things be so expensive.

I'd also like to have seen alshard get some more love or a finished translation.

What is Terra the Gunslinger because it looks awesome.

Read the thread.

Honestly it seems like a self-parody of Tenra. Which is interesting because it actually IS kabuki with special effects (and it fucking rocks). I wouldn't think Terra has... I'm not sure even WHAT the core would be, perhaps older westerns?

What are you talking about? Translations are still ongoing. They were taken over by another group called "Heaven's Feel". The latest update was about a month ago.

Oh, wasn't aware.

So just print it out and get a deck of cards?

It's not a system, it's a framework for a system.

No real point to it. There isn't really anything to distinguish it from the other SRS garbage. Alshard doesn't even have its own gimmick, it's just thoroughly bland.

Well, in the event that this thread 404s with no answer, I might buy it later after a couple paychecks and scan it anyway.

When even was the last Japanese TRPG thread.

last week or so

Hey can anyone point me towards a pdf of the Trigun rpg? I tried on the PDF share thread, but didn't get anywhere.

What's the best J-TRPG for generic shonen settings in your opinion? By generic I mean adaptable to any shonen setting.

Preferably with lots of powers of friendships and villains shouting "you will die by my hand!" as they rise from near-death.

I mean... OVA is the most recent generic anime game. From what I've heard, it's pretty good. When I read my copy, it seemed pretty easy to mod into whatever type of game you want. It was not created in Japan, though.

Tenra Bansho Zero is pretty damn deep in its own Japanese sci-fantasy setting, but does seem to fit your bill otherwise if you care to read it over and decide if you want to try to adapt it for another setting.

OVA is generic, but there is nothing "anime" about it, save for some drawings unconvincingly trying to imitate the style. It's no more appropriate for a shonen game than, say, Fate.