Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Stormcast Warmachines When Edition

Previous Thread: Please don't stop shitting up the thread with politics, memes, and race-baiting
Do respond to bait, do not hide and report. Party on dudes (And dudettes) (And gyrocopter-identifying dudes)

>A Hobo's Guide to the Mortal Realms
youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

>Misaligned Portents: Behind the Screen
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co

>Resources, I swear
pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

>Core Rules, all four pages
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handjob 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legion of Spooks
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Piss
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband Builder, Though No-one Plays Skirmish
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>Potato Farm Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

>Daughters of Khaine (DoK) PDF
mega.nz/#!5cI3ATaL!2FnDYkQnjUzgY3_A6DVvQ8IOwHf4BoagXwk5Y9NducI

Other urls found in this thread:

sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=910#i/conversion_parts/big/egiptian_parts01.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And something we haven't done in forever, a thread question.
>What is an army idea that the Realms have inspired in you? Does it require extensive conversions, or is it just a matter of painting? Will you actually get off your ass and do it, or just talk about it online?

snek elves are for hugging

>anons saying the black DoK have the best temple rules and that you have to paint all your elves black
>check pdf
>Khelt Nar has no special rules at all

Swamp-themed Deathrattle. Probably not even that difficult to do, more just a matter of basing and the like. Though I would probably want to do something fancy with my Necromancers and Wight Kings to make them a little more special, and I am at a complete loss for how to do that. And the idea of a flatboat Corpse Cart just sounds too good to pass up.

Stop that, the daughters of Khaine are:
#1 - Aelves and as such would never consider you as anything less revolting than a disease ridden gibbon that needs their organs pulled out
#2 - violent murderous sociopaths
#3 - the souls of men in female bodies half the time
#4 - ugly
#5 - capable of asexual reproduction so combined that means
#6 - they just want to kill you and spill your blood in the name of Khaine
You know, cunts.

>claim to make better thread
>OP is still all fucked up meme shit
At least links are working, but I am still disappointed.

Just for you, sweetie. :^)

Write out a proper OP for us so that it can be used in future threads

You're shit at making threads I'm making my own

>I can't stand people making jokes.
Get over yourself, fag.

Why so many generals. Just pick one damn it.

That's why I'm coming here only for new files. DoK downloaded so I can come back to playing the game and avoiding these threads until next release. That's what you get for not reporting trolls and replying to shitposters, faggots

Two exist because someone made a fucked up OP with incorrect links while someone else made a plain jane one. The incorrect links one wasted away until retards started posting in it, thinking it was a new thread. Then this one was made with dank memes xD in the OP along with working links, and a tumblrina got triggered and will likely go on to make a fourth thread.

Ok guys which do i start
Soycast Eternals
Daughters of Soy
Soyvaneth
help pls

But Morathi keeps trying to jump into everyone's bed.

Legions of Chadgash

Just for you
better thread

I'd let her coil me as her giant snek pussy envelops my penór anytime.

Morathi, not the daughters of Khaine.
And when that human prince came and proposed to her she cut off his heart and had her followers rip him to shreds in the name of the god of murder.

nou, Nagash a faggot and his hat is gay

Nah, that should work well enough. I mean, the official TK scheme was Turquoise and Yellow, ffs. And those fuckers looked great.

That's true. I had actually forgotten about that. Now I'm wondering if that'll just make my army look like I'm a Deathrattle player who can't let go of the TK. I guess orange and blue is just different enough though.

Sylvaneth or Stormcast?

Root Kings, definitely. Or at least, forest-dwelling dwarves. Especially with a strong cavalry component of badger or boar cavalry, some big meaty fuckers that dwell down among the roots. Badgers seem like a pretty good pick for beasts of burden since boars are kinda overplayed and generally go to orcs, plus Redwall's badgers were dope. I guess I'd probably actually use something like Wanderers for the rules, with Wild Riders being my cavalry, various snipers as Way[X], dwarf lords as Nomad Princes, and a heavy focus on Eternal Guard and Wildwood Rangers rather than the Glade Guard spam that it seems like most Wanderer lists end up as.

Sylvaneth, obviously.

why obviously

How do I build a army? What’s the normal size for a game? I haven’t played since launch.

Are you a raging faggot?

Holy shit, I haven't thought about this
I need to start another army

because its sylvaneth, duh

Start with 1000, get later to 2000

I have a million dwarves I just don’t know what to do with them.

Because it's not Stormcast.

Throw them in the dumpster.

Always wanted to have Halflings focused around tiny steam tanks.

im happy spring break is next week so I can finally finish assembling my morathi and maybe the rest of my stuff too. then its just weeks and weeks of painting.

Hey. Dude from the other thread who was trying to do a Legion of Night army. Just checked my bank account and I have about $100 or so. And I wanna pick up some paint too.

So 40 skeletons might be all I'm able to pick up? They're like $25 a piece if I remember right. Can I make a good list by just adding the 40 skeletons to the Blood Queen box?

Wouldn't it be better to plan 2000 point army and then make 1000 point out of it while you're building it up?

Freeguild/Seraphon combo. I was going to have handgunners as allies to a mostly Seraphon army, but then I found out Seraphon can only ally with Stormcast,. So instead, I'm going to use dark elf cold-ones and the old empire knight models as Saurus Knights, and replace the skinks on the big dinos with handgunners models.

Are you sure you should be buying models with only 100$ in the bank?

Because they aren't just space marines.

Nope. First build 1000pts and actually give this game a try. If you like it then you can expand your army. Going full baka with a big list is a common mistake

>$100 in the bank
>better buy plastic soldiers

Soon

Dude, go invest that money or something. Jesus christ.

Well fuck you.

Eh I wouldn't invest into this game if I didn't like it in the first place, but I see your point.

Most AoS armies actually have very few units so the chance that the things you'll get for a 1k army will be used in 2k is pretty high.

You're better off saving money or playing DBA.

>first reaction: Neat Empire army
>oh wait a second...
This is why they axed fantasy.
But I'm starting a Free Peoples army anyway, fuck you GW you'll take my money and like it

Well, you asked us about building the army - I thought you have not play it yet. I played few demo games and then bought 3 spire of dawn boxes - 2000pts of rats. After playing few 1000pts games I was sure as fuck I don't like them at all. There is literally no point in going big if it is not about some great deal like 50% discount in LGS

Oh I meant I had like 100 bucks I can spend without worrying about bills and shit. I'm just a part timer.

They axed fantasy because 8th edition was just that bad and Kirby decided to not fix it.

Morathi is the DoK though.

both, duh

So many ideas, bit will most likely do none of them.
>Sylvaneth/Destruction combo army. Basically the concept of looted vehicles from 40k, but in AoS. Having either/both Orruks wearing tree bits, and/or trees with Orruk bits bolted on. Neat idea but not keen on essentially buying two armies' worth of bits to make one army.
>Convert an entire army of fimir from Seraphon/Savage Orruks + FW Fimir. Still have yet to start, but would absolutely if I had the time+money.
>Bonezone army, but with kilts. Alternately Fyreslayer army but with kilts. Started it, hated the amount of conversion it would take, abandoned it.
>All-girl Wanderers army. Started it, realised I absolutely hate how fiddly aelf models are; abandoned it, for now.
>Freeguild/Devoted army based on Shu'gohl from Spear of Shadows. Looked into it, realised I both hate the Flagellants models and that the Devoted rules were underwhelming; scrapped it.
Probably more but that's all I can remember for now.

Also all the players had been playing for ages and never bought new stuff. That's what my boy Macca told me.

>forcing stormcast into every battletome
not obnoxious at all

Should AoS have character targeting limitations like 40k does?

don't you mean in every order battletome, user? :^)

Yes, but also the wounds shouldn't spill over from attacks unless they are mortal wounds like in 40k.

i like to think that i'm not

People bought the new wood elves so why couldn't they have revamp an older kit or even release a new faction since over half the world was never even explored.

They also made the game hilariously anti-beginner, since you were basically expected to spend $500 dollars or so before you had an army you could play with.

They should just rename order to Stormcast and Friends.

What do you think would look cool when done well?

But wouldn't wounds not spilling over make horde armies extremely tanky compared to everyone else?

Do you really want to know?

ehh, it's different as in 40k the whole premise is to bring the weapon for every threat, which is why pretty much every unit has multiple weapon choices. I don't see it happening here to be honest.

Sigmar's battle-harem.

I agree.
With this and the relative rebalance, the game would be more interesting.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't implement it yet

Come to death friend, no Chaos or stormcast in the bone zone! .... Yet...

Will we ever get customizable heroes again like this beautiful kit?
IT COMES WITH A BABY GRIFFON STANDING ON A SKULL, BEAT THAT

Yes and no, because there are very few things that do more then one damage per attack besides characters.

>Sylvaneth
>like all the small models
>don't like big ones
>Stormcast Eternals
>like big models
>dislike small ones
so this is how suffering feels like

Not really because morale still exists, but it does make horde armies pretty good.

Just muh dudes slaves to darkness right now but one day I'm gonna build a Sovanheng Alfrostun army with nurgle themed bases, bits etc

Oh boy!
Never thought I would have to dig up this meme.

Doubtful. Freeguild General and the Battlemage kits were so fucking amazing.

>Spirit of Durthu lifts his mighty sword and swings it with a sweeping blow
>He kills one skeleton

>being this dumb
(You)'ve gotta be trollin', famalam.

Okay so I'm posting on my phone from work abd because of that I didn't notice the previous thread was dying so reposting my reply.

#
Yeah I picked up the last state troop boxes on my store and I'm going to use them as freeguild guard. I'm asking about all kinds of paint since I honestly have never painted any models before and I want some pointers. I'm planning on making all the regal sort of colors: deep purple and black to make the gold accessories stand out more. Weapons will still of course be a steel color(I'm guessing leadbelcher for that) with maybe a tinge of bright red for hats or ribbons. Something like pic related

Also I wanted to know what sort of color I should go for their skin since I know that the humans in different realms have different complexions

I entertained the idea for a time because Neferata's model is awesome but in the end I just prefer the Order factions. I plan to start Free Peoples soon and they have all the non-SC allies I'll ever need in the Ironweld and Collegiate.

Though DoK are also tempting

What? do you play 40k?

Do you play Age of Sigmar? Big monsters and warmachines are designed around the concept of spill-over. A cannon that can only ever kill a single infantrymen is fucking useless, same for any big mighty swing from a monster. Everything just devolves into never running shit that uses 1 big attack, instead letting all of that fall to the wayside to instead of vomit out massed fire from organ guns and the like.

The game is designed with the fact that a cannon shooting into a mob of infantry and dealing 5 damage can still end up killing 5 soldiers as it punches through the line. Removing that would require rebuilding weapons from the ground up across the entire fucking game.

Just watch Duncan's tutorials, senpai. But in the end trial and error are the best teacher. If you are a better painter in a few years and want to repaint them you can just strip the models. So paint away! (But I can relate because my perfectionism stops me from painting a lot, it's a vicious cycle)

>Also I wanted to know what sort of color I should go for their skin since I know that the humans in different realms have different complexions

Anything goes, realms are gigantic. Also GW don't give a fuck about the lore so take from that what you will.

I can respect a good Empire playing gent but...

>Disregarding Neferata's masterful hips and booty for forever scowling snek "tits"

For shame sir!

Need I remind you only one of these has an aura of -1 to hit from giving everyone akward boners?!

Yeah obviously it would need to have the same adjustments like 40k with having multiple shots and attacks instead of 1 attack that does multiple damage. Just use a bit of imagination user since we're talking about hypothetical situations.

Neferata is the good girl hanging out with bad friends.

Morathi is the bad girl hanging out with good friends.

How are insane murderous manhaters good friends?

>blast templates
>bouncy line of death for cannons and suchlike

Artillery would be laughably easy to rework because all of the mechanics for it already exist. Big monsters on the other hand would be tricky.

I was thinking of getting these bits and adding them to Morathi to make her look more Egyptian, do you think it would work?

sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=910#i/conversion_parts/big/egiptian_parts01.jpg

Why literally design the entire game's weapon profiles instead of just allowing Big Hits to spill over? Especially when it's a lot more fluffy for a cannon or a giant's club to attack once but have the chance to kill several troops with a single hit. I definitely would argue for some sort of targeting rule to counter the sniping meta we're in right now, but spill-over is perfectly fine the way it is.

They look good while doing it.

>Characters can't be targeted in the shooting phase unless they are the closest unit or a behemoth

There. Game is now 78% more fun to play.

I was gonna call you a faggot, but then remembered the whole game takes place in magical realms.

More fun, but also not necessarily fixed. There's a 5-man cavalry unit 8" behind your gunline and a hero 12" in front of your gunline. Using those rules, your gunline now has to shoot behind them first before being able to take a shot at the hero standing out in the open a foot from them.

You could put them on the base but for anything else they seem to be too big and clunky to slap on Morathi.

I can vouch for Scibor though, I ordered some egyptian bases from them. Quality stuff. You can try their Egyptian weapons and put a khopesh on her spear. It's something at least.

Sadly shortly after I decided to not collect the army I got them for after all