Warhammer 40000 General - /40kg/

Graceful as a Dawneagle Jetbike Edition!

>T'au and Mechanized Infantry:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/05/tau-sept-hammerhead-gunships-breacher-teamsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Bork'an and Riptides:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/06/tau-preview-borkan-septgw-homepage-post-3/

>Farsight Enclaves, Laser Swords, and Commander Changes:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/07/tau-empire-preview-farsight-enclavesgw-homepage-post-3/

>Dalyth, Ghostkeels, and the Future of Altioc, Raven Guard and Alpha Legion Stealth Traits:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/08/tau-empire-preview-dalyth-septgw-homepage-post-3/

>Warhammer TV Tip of the day:
youtube.com/watch?v=-a5T895ptYA

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhamster:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2018/03/08/tau-empire-preview-dalyth-septgw-homepage-post-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for the absolute state of /40kg/

Reposting from last post, because no one answered.

Honest question from a new guy. Where are the Upvote/Downvote buttons on this website so I can downvote the trolls.

Also, how do I report people to this sub4chan's moderators?

Reposting in new
So I’m just about finished with my Tau collection, really happy with my dudes. Next I’m probably going to be doing a Black Templar assault force with possibly some IF primaris/dreads mixed in at some point. I was just curious, just how shit is a 10 man melee crusader squad in a rhino? Winning isn’t really that important to me, but will I even be able to win? Will games be fun? I mostly play against Deldar, Chaos, and very rarely marines and eldar

Dive dickfirst into a woodchipper

@58380591
nice bait

This thread is now claimed in the name of the Dark Gods.

Sixth for Bloodletters are 3 units of 10 models, not 1 unit of 30.

>tfw you finish painting your first model apart from basing it and it looks like utter irredeemable shit that makes you want to snap it in half

I don't know how you people do it fucking hell

Is the riptide 3++ a default part of its nova reactor now? Or does it need a cp to get it?

This thread is already ruined, delete it so we can move to a good one.

REAL NEW THREAD HERE

I started with orks so it was much easier.
I also thought hot glue was a good adhesive and didn't know what washes were for a decade so being retarded also helps.

patience and practice.
Keep your first one. After that you can strip and start over.

The Riptide can use its Nova Reactor to either move 2d6 in the Charge Phase, gain a 3++ or Nova Charge a weapon. But it takes 1 Mortal Wound.

You can also spend 1 CP to gain two options.

It can take a mortal wound to boost it save, shooting or movement or spend a cp to boost two.

>just how shit is a 10 man melee crusader squad in a rhino?

Better than a Tactical and your only choice for melee troops, honestly Templars are not that bad but will crumble to any real assault army. You'll be able to win and have fun but you need to realize that Templars are mediocre and will die in any competitive meta, so stay casual and you'll be alright.

My advice is get some anti-tank and get some deep striking units to make the most of your tactic, buff for the rhinos and get first turn charges.

Post you're reaction when you're medium unit (i.e. an LRBT) single-handedly destroys a large-superheavy unit (i.e. Knight).

>tfw no Eldar Waifu to cuddle with and hold hands while tickling her ears.
Why bother living?

Who bikes here?

>Nova Charge a weapon in the charge phase
Tau confirmed for shit tier

So that you can genetically engineer Eldar waifus. Don't let your dreams be dreams user.

You can't do that user.

He just said you could

To realize eldar are shit and all hate you and want you to die.
You're better off with the loosest of roasties since she will occasionally show affection.

On the very slim chance that you're not a troll yourself:

There are no votes, it's anonymous, the little triangles let you report or hide individual posts, and if you're not a troll please please lurk a LOT more, for your own sake.

>Citation Needed

i wish i had this bike IRL

Am I right in thinking this is basically a bastardised JSJ?

But how do you show agreement and disagreement without Upvotes and Downvotes?

Black legionnaire in the front makes me wish they'd update generic csm to plague/rubric marine size with cool cobbled together armor and furs and shit so bad.

Not him but he didn't

By posting as such. Has Reddit rotted your brain that much that you don't even think about that?

You use nova in the move phase. You can then choose to use it to move in the charge phase.
Stop being dumb.

RAW does this mean this strat cannot be used in match play due to having no power rating?

You are, although the fact that it's a randomised distance for a huge base & requires giving up a CP/3++ makes it considerably less broken

>Reading comprehension

Same here user. Meanwhile we can still convert and greenstuff things.

Everything has power rating, not using it does not mean its erased and this strat uses power ratings as another stat.

No, you just use the Power Rating of the unit for that, and points for everything else.

What’s the most effective way to use the dark raiders trait for renegade chaos marines?
Khorne berserkers for extra d6 movement?
A unit of chosen with flamers/chainswords?
Raptors with flamers/meltas?

Gottom

You show disagreement with unreasonable overreactions, sarcasm and indignance.

>You never show agreement

>not putting something retarded in the name field
You were so close

Remember riptides might be OP as shit but they can't target Inquisition land raiders because they can embark in rhinos
>Inquisition ignores keywords

It was deleted fast. What'd he post?

You do realize that votes are newfangled things that only came around with stuff like Facebook, right? A decade and more ago we expressed agreement/disagreement with our WORDS. On images boards you have the option of using pictures as well as words.

And... if you're looking for intellectual discussion here... lurk a LOT more, for your own sake. It can happen *occasionally*... but you really gotta learn to recognize the patterns of the board, otherwise you'll get dogpiled and that can really suck even when it's all anonymous.

But given that you only need to use an ability before it's affect happens, couldn't you RAW use Nova in the Charge Phase but choose the Overcharge option instead of the Move option?

Using lots of melee units like Berserkers, Possessed and Daemon Princes would go well, but you are also giving up using Veterans of the Long War stratagem by going renegades which is a big downside.

So I can have an ILR inside an ILR inside an ILR inside an ILR inside a Rhino? That's like...transportception

He was pretending to be a retarded redditor and asking how to downvote

Is this pack a good start? I already have a serpent though, so that would make 2.

Hopefully he got banned.

Look on the archive, newfriend

Please not this shit again.
Why do redditors even come here?

Yeah. Makes me think of Worms, when you use the jet pack to get close, shoot, then use what little fuel you have left to get as far out the way as possible, as opposed to having another whole jetpack move. I'm happy with it.

Think this list is any good gents? I was thinking with the Heralds just giving both of them fleshy vitality.

Should i just drop Typhus?

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [54 PL, 859pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Gifts of Decay (1 Relic)

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [8 PL, 156pts]: 1. Revoltingly Resilient, 4. Blades of Putrefaction, Daemonic axe, The Suppurating Plate, Warlord

Typhus [9 PL, 175pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 5. Putrescent Vitality

+ Elites +

Noxious Blightbringer [4 PL, 65pts]: Plasma pistol

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 40pts]: 9x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
. Cultist Champion: Autogun

Plague Marines [7 PL, 93pts]: 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Champion: Plaguesword, Plasma pistol

Plague Marines [7 PL, 95pts]
. Plague Champion: Boltgun, Plague knife
. 3x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher

Plague Marines [7 PL, 85pts]: 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Champion: Boltgun, Plague knife

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 90pts]: 15x Poxwalker

Poxwalkers [3 PL, 60pts]: 10x Poxwalker

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [49 PL, 898pts] ++

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy Slugger

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy Slugger

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 82pts]: Bolt pistol, Lightning Claw

+ Elites +

Tallyman [4 PL, 62pts]: Plasma pistol

+ Fast Attack +

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Daemons) [13 PL, 240pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chaos Allegiance: Nurgle

+ HQ +

Epidemius [5 PL, 100pts]

Poxbringer [4 PL, 70pts]: Fleshy Abundance

Poxbringer [4 PL, 70pts]: Fleshy Abundance

++ Total: [116 PL, 1997pts] ++

You definitely can RAW

You're wrong get over it

No, nova charge says you do it in the move phase so that's when you do it.

But because you use the Nova Reactor in the Movement Phase, can you Nova Reactor and summon or Nova Reactor after Disembarking?

I don't know how you're being this dumb.

>The Riptide can use its Nova Reactor to either move 2d6 in the Charge Phase, gain a 3++ or Nova Charge a weapon

That does not equate to all three choices happening in the charge phase, and if you think it does then English can't be your first language my friend

Does anyone have advice on how to make Black Templars Competitive short of using different chapter tactics? I end up getting curbstomped in 70% of my games

Reminder that Tau break deals and can't be trusted.

If it hasn't been confirmed in an FAQ then I wouldn't let my opponent use it or else pack my stuff up & find another opponent

If it has been confirmed in an FAQ then I'd pack my stuff up & find another opponent anyway

But RAW if you're moving in the Charge Phase then it is therefore the movement phase.

How does it feel being this wrong?

Seems fine user. Fuck off though eldardag

Any point in the movement phase.

The answer is no because they might get in combat but they all hit like a wet fish and the Marine codex doesnt support an assault army (No strats, no buffs) so post your lists maybe we can improve them.

hard to tell, what are you going for exactly? Do you plan on using lots of wraith type units? or do you plan on going old school infantry spam?

Wow, you sound look like you’re fun at parties!

>If it has been confirmed in an FAQ then I'd pack my stuff up & find another opponent anyway
Imagine being so arseblasted about a legitimate rule that you ragequit and ignore players who use it.

Ally in a detachment of Guard for CP and Blood Angels for Death Company, then use your BT to field scouts.

You aren't even providing reasons as to why I'm wrong or you're right. No more bites from me buddy boyo

Not him but
>legitimate rule
Ahahahahahah

We already knew this from when they broke the deal after the domacles gulf crusade. Literally planets were still burning when the ethereals sent farsight back into the gulf to go and retake imperial worlds that the tau had first conquered from the imperium. Never trust a xenos.

>If I disagree with it then it's illegitimate
The true state of 40kg, anons.

I was planning on using mostly aspects with with maybe a couple of wraith units.

Don't the Dark Eldar realise that if the Nids eat everyone then they won't have anyone to feed on for pain?

>transporting Land Raiders inside other Land Raiders is totally legitimate guys!
I know you're trolling but this is seriously weak, at least go for one of the classic rules loopholes that you can make a convincing argument for like summoning after disembarking.

You're right, maybe I'll loosen my arse for the first time, just to see what this ridiculous suggestion is like to experience. Who knows, maybe I'll even enjoy it I like it rough

Using bad rules wording to get an advantage has always been looked down upon and if you try doing this at an organized event like a tournament you would get disqualified.

your probably going to need a squad or two of howling banshees or striking scorpians if your going infantry eldar. lots of deepstriking in this edition. Just ask the tau how good things are going for them when it comes to getting melee swarmed.

>Dalyth, Ghostkeels, and the Future of Altioc, Raven Guard and Alpha Legion Stealth Traits:
>warhammer-community.com/2018/03/08/tau-empire-preview-dalyth-septgw-homepage-post-3/
What does this have to do with alpha legion?

>Waaaah waaaah we'll get buttmad because a few T'au got killed in exchange of surviving unavoidable death
Fucking pussies

>at least go for one of the classic rules loopholes that you can make a convincing argument for like summoning after disembarking.
>implying you can't summon after disembarking.

That's one reason I'm really keen to see our codex. Because we're designed around taking multiple in the one army it's guaranteed to be kinda weird.

I just hope there's no bonus to having something from all 3, because I want to avoid taking covens.

Now you're getting it!

Didn't you see it, user. Altioc, Raven Guard and Alpha Legion now have no Trait whatsoever, as none can be better at Stealth than the T'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''au

Do not insult the blueberries, they are a treasure.

I think he's implying that the big FAQ update this month is going to change all the "-1 to hit" subfaction traits to be "counts as in cover even in the open if they didn't move" like Dalyth.

Which would be lulzworthy but I doubt it will happen.

If I meme hard enough and truly believe, will they bring back Lorgar-senpai alongside new, size updated chaos marines/chosen and possessed?

The dark gods like that stuff, right?

>tfw the Tau were actually dumb enough to ally with Dark Eldar
How have they not been wiped out yet?

I want my Alpha Legion to have Ghostkeel's new rules desu senpai. Make it happen GW.

Their alternative was getting wiped out by Tyranids.

I really want AL to be able to use loyalist models.
I'd paint them as a loyalist army, with a tiny little hydra on the bottom of their boot, back of their knee etc, and probably ally in a group of IG with the same thing.

Author favoritism probably.

>Sicarius of all people defending the T'au
Colour me surprised

Plot armour/luck, like how the Imperium hasn't collapsed yet despite being on the verge of it for centuries

I kind of feel like the shitty legion traits will get updated eventually even if it will take a long time.
Lorgar is actually supposed to be active again according to 8th ed codex so he'll also get a model eventually.

5e dark eldar codex was truly top tier in fluff and crunch. Was it Phil Kelly's most excellent work?

Well at least it evens out all those other species they convinced into fight and go extinct to Tyranids