Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Destroyers are good unit Edition

Previous >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4KBsBUbSQdQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dead game edition

second for dead gam

Third for gdae mead

Loyalist Iron Warriors are a meme by this point, but does anyone here actually play a swapped-loyalty army?
We got any traitorous Iron Hands or hard core Imperialist Death Guard players around?

Switching this thunder hammer from left- to right-handed is annoying. It’s for my ZM Breacher squad.

>We got any traitorous Iron Hands
Present. Fluff is essentially
Strength ain't free. The Imperium gotta be litterd with the blood of the weak. Ferrus Manus aka "Iron Hand" is not my primarch. he is a weakling and probbaly a coward as well :DD. The flesh is weak not the flesh is good. praise horus.

Loyalist Emperors Children present, how can you bring honor to the Emperor when you turn from his light. Death to the traitorous sons!

Vanguard veteran thunder hammers are right handed, cheap and it's easy to clip the hammer head and put on the MkIII one.

My Night Lords eat babies for the Emperor and the Emperor alone!

Good to know, thanks! If this hammer doesn’t survive the handoff I’ll get one of those.

Is there any point to choosing regular whirlwinds?

No.

Traitor Raven Guard here. Emprah's gonna put us all back in chains an shiet. Kill the masters, we is kangz, etc.

We also wholeheartedly believe that Corax will come over to the Traitor side once he realizes the truth about his Man-father.

Do you think this guy would make for a good primarch, or is he too big?

Loyalist EC reporting in. Flying the aquila til the very end.

Holyfuk I had no idea he was that huge

Those mold lines hurt my soul.

>Destroyers are good unit Edition
Explain this, how do you run them? If they ever get rewritten their jump packs should cost less.

My biggest issue is that destroyers just feel pointless and directionless. Are they a melee unit? If so why do they have no melee options and are only marginally better than a naked veteran squad in melee? Are they a ranged unit? If so why is the entire squad built around two meh tier guns with everyone else being ablative wounds?

The main thing I would do is give them more options particularly stuff that makes destroyers feel like destroyers instead of just dudes with rad grenades. Some ideas for melee options
>Any model may swap its chainsword for a chainaxe for 2 points each
Wounding marines on a 2+ now and can ignore non-marine armour while denying FnP for them.
>Any model may swap its chainsword for a heavy chainsword for 5 points each
Wounding marines on a 2+ and instant death marines/deny FnP
>One in five guys may swap their chainsword for a power weapon
Power weapons are always nice

For ranged options
>Any model may replace both bolt pistols with two lucifexes for 5 points each
Mechanicum rad pistols, better weapons and and increase the horrible guys who taint the very ground they fight on
>One in five guys may take one of the following
>>Missile launcher with suspensor webbing and only rad missiles
>>Rad Cleanser
>>Phosphex Bombs (unlimited number)
Overall more options keeping with the rad and phosphex weapons theme and working well with melee units

For sergeant options
>Basic melee and pistol options
>May swap chainsword and/or bolt pistol for lucifex
>May take phosphex bombs
>May take a rad furnace
Pretty much increasing rad effect and representing highly specialized destroyers likely shunned even by most of their own destroyer corps

So the unit is in general a ranged unit with weapon upgrades working alongside their rad grenades, and ranged weapon choices being more versatile and also focusing on keeping their mobility and making them feel like they are actually the guys every good or noble legion should hate.

Repeat my request from previous thread. Can anyone write unbiased spoilers for Wolfsbane novel? Especially about Russ vs Horus fight and it's consequences. I'll be greatly appreciated if someone can post quotes from the novel.
Thanks in advance to any kind user who can post spoilers.

We already know everything in the story. What do you want clarification on? And you cannot escape bias in a series like the HH, where each author has his own bias and applies it to the story he writes (See French and his IW hatred, or ADB's Chaos Wank).

I want clarification on final showdown between Russ and Horus and on consequences of that fight. Why Russ talk with Horus instead trying to kill him? Why Russ didn't regret that he didn't kill his brother?

this needs to be remade for each legion now, along with any relevant Beavis and Butthead content.

like Beavis/a WE sawing his finger off

the Emperor chastises Lorgar:

youtube.com/watch?v=4KBsBUbSQdQ

ebin

Loyalist night lords here. Essentially terrans butthurt about Nostraman shitters and those who are autistic about the Book of Law.
>REEEEEEEEEEE YOU CANT BETRAY THE EMPEROR THATS A SKINNING

I really want to see tractor BA, Ultras and Imperial fists

The most IF have is remnants of the retribution fleet siding with Autek Moon but he's not traitor...

Anyone ever had a commission done? Got a new job lined up so I'll have some extra dosh to spread around.

I love every aspect of this hobby but I can't ever get enough motivation to paint an army.

Did anyone get the Space Wolves email from FW this morning? I want the art from it! The IF one had the previous banner and the Custodes one had this.

Played at my game store tonight and one guy commented and said it was the first time he's ever actually seen people playing 30k in public. We are a dying breed.

Doesn’t have to be stories I’d just like to see artwork or conversions, just something different to jog the nog

So....Yeah?

The only one I got was about Fists?
Maybe its tailored to what you've bought.

30kfags, show me your custom Characters. Am sick of BaC ones.

Magnus is suppose to be the biggest and a marine is to his abdomen. A marine is barely above Artemis' knee.

Yes, they've done at least three.
Custodes
Imperial Fists
Space Wolves

Loyalist Sons of Horus present.
They believe Horus has been brainwashed and isn’t the same Horus they know and love so are on a quest to try and kill him thus avenging him.

They keep the Sons of Hours colours so they can trick the traitors into thinking they are allies before sneak attacking them

Traitor Space Wolves. Just started up the force, but excited to do em. Was sort of inspired by that really old Dornian Heresy entry on them, but instead of just Khorne I'm wanting them to have a more paganistic approach to chaos.

so just regular space wolves then ?

No, because we don't get Russ.

Actually, that brings a question. How many people actually bring Primarchs? I've never liked the idea of some super powered unit being brought in a game, and enjoyed moreso the idea of "My Dudes" and all that shit.

I'll buy the Lion when he's out but probably won't use him much.

All my friends have their respective primarchs and field them. When they bring out the Khan I'll certainly buy him, but I doubt I'll use him.

If you collect a legion a primarch is a great centerpiece and a fun painting project.

but user, you can still use russ, he has no allegiance

>I've never liked the idea of some super powered unit being brought in a game, and enjoyed moreso the idea of "My Dudes" and all that shit.
I generally agree with the your dudes style but an army built around a primarch can be both fluffy and fun.
>Fulgrim bomb based around combat resolution is both fluffy (Fulgrim and his elite guards) and fun
>Horus leading an army made up primarily of justaerin is both fluffy (Horus loved his decapitation strikes with his elite dudes) and an interesting army to face
I play Sons of Horus and while I have Horus I very rarely use him at low point levels and always build my list around him in the form of Horus and his elite Justaerin making up the core of my army he is certainly fun to use.

Personally I feel like this is a matter of personal preference where one should be willing to compromise sometimes with your opponents. If you like centurion hammer and your opponent likes primarch hammer you probably should compromise and build an army to match their preferences sometimes. Of course mismatched matches can also be fun, seeing a regular line or assault company defeating Horus and his elite guards is awesome, but still.

I unironically run this meme. My guys are a old Terran Grand Battalion left over from the purges that specializes in energy weapons. They were sent on garrison duty near the the edge of segmentum Solar and Pacificus, being supported by an in-system forgeworld. There, they and a full company of Iron Hands (my bro's army) held off various xeno incursions until word came down that Horus and Pert went rogue and Ferrus was killed, which lead to both forces heading out to kick some traitor's teeth in.
And before you ask, no, I don't run Ironfire. I prefer fluff and narrative to competitive advantages.

I’m actually making a mixed loyalist Iron Warriors/Night Lords Force and I’ve never felt so attacked in my life.

I’ve had six games since I finished Dorn and have only used him twice.

First was with 5 Terminators as his guard. They sat in a Spartan directing the battle before headhunting the enemy leaders.

Second was just him alongside my Vets. He literally stood along a fortress parapet; directing the defense and baiting the enemy to charge.

What are you in the mood for? I have so much shit...

Whatever guys you have. Pick something you're most proud of.

Preferably someone from AL.

What’s considered an acceptable number of flyers in most games?

I have two Fire Raptors, a Xiphon, an Assault Ram, and a Storm Eagle that I like using, but I worry running them all in a game would just piss people off.

How many points is that?

Varies on the loadout

Any idea where this weapon is from?

The blade looks like it's from the Eldar Wraithguard kit, with most of the eldar-ish pieces between the blade and the crossguard removed. I used the same bit for my praetor's sword.
Not sure about the handle, but my guess is that it came with the hand (Sigmarine bit?).

Forgot muh pic

Looks like the 5th from below on the left side of the sprue, much like said.

Looks almost like farsight dawnblade? Maybe just the handle.

Did the Astartes called "Angels of Death" during 30k too, or the nickname sticked after the Heresy?

> I mean 'Angel' and Imperial Truth part

I believe so. That hangup didn't stop them naming two legions after angels.

I definitely heard the phrase used a free times in audio novels.

Varied from person to person or legion to legion

Can a Legion other than BA or DA use 'angel' symbols? Like, wings and hooded angel icons, engravings, and BA and DA bits for actual models (blood drops are too much so other than that part)

"Tell them ruin has come to their world, death, despair and red war..."
"Tell them their hopes and pride have come to nothing."
"Tell them their empty whispers fall upon deaf ears - their gods are dead, human logic has killed them."
"Tell them the Angels of Death have come."
"Tell them that nothing can save them now."

Depends on the intensity of the icon.

Most can get away with it.

Yes individual chapters or companies could have very divergent iconography and livery. That being said you shouldn't go overboard. I could see Emperor's Children at least using the angel iconography because their obsession with being noble and glorious, I could easily see death guard using the Angel of Death motif. Furthermore some units adopted iconography from other legions after joint operations, I remember one story in book 1 that mentioned that after a joint operation the Emperor's Children involved started using a blood droplet or something as they had fought alongside the Blood Angels.

Are Spartans still the general meta? My local scene is kinda small, but nobody really uses them except on guy. I myself prefer the Kharybdis. It's superior in almost every way. Cheaper, deep strikes 1st turn to guarantee delivery. How many batreps have you seen/played where a spartan gets taken out 1st turn and the occupants have to slog up the field? All you're really giving up is lascannons and a few transport slots, but you can already fit 10 terminators or a full infantry squad inside, or 9 terminators and IC/19 infantry and IC. You do run the risk of having that squad caught out on its own, but if you want a delivery system like that it should be delivering something angry and tough anyway and should either have good ranged backup that doesn't need to advance much or fast units coming up behind it.

Something like that sword there, for example.

Not sure 40k Cypher's scabbard can be passable for non-DA... Shame that I love big fucking swords.

I'm putting BA chalice icons on my SW Apothecaries and Speakers of the Dead, because the Cup of Wulfen has similar significance to the Blood Chalices, and breaks up the monotony of just wolf shit all over them.

user that sword literally has a watcher in the dark on it.

Right, shame.

I could see DG sporting something like this.

To be fair it looks like a regular hooded dude. I could see DG using it for an angel of death motif.

Reposting 'cause I forgot my picture like an asshole.

How difficult do you think it would be to make these legs look like they belong in the 30k-era?
I think these fuckers look great for 30k Emperor's Children assault marines (just remove the wings, replace one shoulder with a FW EC icon shoulder pad, and trade helmets), but those darn legs are a real problem. The tutorial on converting mkV legs looks doable, but I'm not sure how these guys would look with mkV legs in the first place.
I guess a full leg and backpack swap would also let you use these as just straight up EC veterans.

Might help if you showed us a picture of the legs in question

Thank you!

>just remove the wings
I've seen people use winged jump packs for EC and it looks good and not too blood angely.
>The tutorial on converting mkV legs looks doable, but I'm not sure how these guys would look with mkV legs in the first place
Mk V seems too brutish for me to match with the rest of the aesthetic. I assume the legs are separate from the torso in which case you could simply use different legs. Otherwise you might be better off just leaving them as Mk VII legs and just saying "fuck he stole a dead Blood Angels' pants during the Siege of Terra."

>Emperor's Children
>remove the wings
No.

> Only buy the models, never played
> Literally met the first HH player in the flesh a few weeks back
> Loyalist Iron Warriors with Phosphex Mortars

Never asked him what Rite he preferred.

Okay. Here's my wip NL praetor I mentioned in Body is pretty clearly just Astorath from the BA range. I shaved off all the obvious BA iconography and trimmed down a FW shoulder pad to get the NL icon for his belt.
The cape is a bit I found on eBay and the backpack is from the previous chaos raptor kit when it got redone in failcast.
The sword was actually the hardest part. The crossguard came from a Grey Knight halberd and the blade was cut down from an Eldar Wraithblade. To get the pieces to fit together I had to get a really, really tiny drill and pinned the blade to the crossguard to the handle with a guitar string and I'm paranoid it'll break off at any time.

I'm still trying to figure out a good way to get him on a base, and I'm shit at painting so I dread the day I try to finish him.

Wow fuck. Amazing. What was the base for it?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but the body came from Astorath the Grim.

>I'm shit at painting so I dread the day I try to finish him
I feel your pain. I love converting but fuck am I terrible at painting. People say you improve with practice but so far that hasn't been true for me.

Wonder what it'd look like if painted more skinned flesh, not just red.

Beatiful mini, but the face is hideous

He's a big guy

As one of those EC players that has used that exact set (for Palatines rather than assault marines), here is an example of them in use. As you said, everything but the legs are workable. In my case, I just filed down the knee pecks and removed any blood icons and rolled from there. Could it be better? Probably, but I'm a poor bitch and I think they're alright for what it was worth.

I personally kept the wings, not for anything 'angellic', but to tie into the EC's hawk/eagle aesthetics (along with the beakie helmets). Like with the legs, I'd prefer something a bit nicer, but it'll do.

They’re a support unit… that, fluffwise, stays away from the rest of the army.

What's the dealio with the Asterix beakie? Is that forgeworld shit or did I just miss a release?

not enough practice then. your mistake is to expect too much improvement too soon.

Not the same user, but I think it's from the ravenwing black knights kit, meant to represent the champion.

Personally I dislike the beaky heads in this case as it is too sleek compared to the rest of the gaudy and baroque armour. I personally would have used something like EC heads, Templar Brethren heads, or Invictarii heads. Simply something more baroque to match the rest of the armour better. But whatever floats your boat, the rest of the models look good and very appropriate for Emperor's Children.

I've been painting for about half a decade, I have an entire Imperial Guard army as well as a mechanicum army for 30k.

Dark Angel Ravenwing Command Bikers, comes with 6 of 'em plus a winged commander one

DUDE YOU SHOULD GO MAXIMUM BIRB

He just drank fabius's magic potion

Those would be really nice to give my other troops flavor, but
>maxmini
>eu
I could probably get Sanguinary Guard winged shoulders for cheaper.