mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhamster:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

thebattlehosts.com/be-better-gamer/be-a-better-tactician/episode-60-assault-in-40k/
youtube.com/watch?v=roCHMjPoK2c
youtube.com/watch?v=MzL4IA16k78
youtube.com/watch?v=klPZIGQcrHA
youtube.com/watch?v=xMCeQ-IloLg
imgur.com/a/eV25Z
youtu.be/49rhRF4bkf8
youtube.com/watch?v=8y22STBfUW4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Tau are either a project by the Deceiver or the Old Ones, or they are the Old Ones reborn. Discuss.

Are Tau mid-tier?

The Dawnblade is from an ancient alien race that has no connection to the already established factions. Discuss.

Probably

You are a faggot. Discuss

Wait, wasn't it Necronian in origin?

Doesn't matter, are T●au fluffy?

First for Tau infantry spam with tanks and broadsides, the way they were always meant to be played.
Get fucked mechashitters

Posted it in the old thread just as it died, but I found this pretty useful:
thebattlehosts.com/be-better-gamer/be-a-better-tactician/episode-60-assault-in-40k/

Anyone know of other good podcasts where I can learn new tactics and other useful things?

40k needs a new and interesting xenos race

That feel when you finally get a Codex and its actually a nerf to your already lackluster army.

the strategems seem pretty good

>MFW tau dex is only meh

8th ed railguns are a well designed and fairly costed weapon.

>broadsides
>not mecha
user

I've always wanted to see every faction try to make their best Guard impression with their own units.

Fire warriors and tanks
Grots and tanks
Cultists and tanks
Etc.

Wasn't it supposed to be a chaos sword in origin or was that changed?

It would be a shame of someone were to charge into your squishy gunline without being overwatched

FISHMEN

L I Z A R D M E N I N S P A C E

It really doesn't. There are plenty of ways to expand on current xenos races and flesh them out.

I'm betting the common formula will be 2 Battalions totaling 2 Commanders, a Fireblade, an Ethereal, 6 squads of Firewarriors, at least one Riptide, at least one squad of Broadsides, then fill to taste with another Commander in your third detachment. The ratio of big guns to FW will be meta dependent, but I think the days of the Gun Drone are gone.

I doubt Hammerheads or Devilfish will make appearances either.

Man, how did you manage to model that guy in such a way that he can getinto b2b with more than one squad of fire warriors? I need to know so I can do that at my store too.

Space Skaven.
I'm doing my part by using Skaven model as Dark Eldar Covens.

How about they flesh out all the factions we have now with plastics and multi-part HQ boxes.

Vespid are only 14 points now?
Wicked

My plan when I was done with my Infantry-and-Tank Guard Army was to try an all-grot army just for funsies. I'd probably convert a Bigmek for HQ, then grots, then Grot tanks, killa kanz, Grot supatank, and mek guns.

As a DE player I second, third, and fourth this suggestion.

>no artist sig
Fucking really?
The one time hubris fails.

"...and the Dawn Blade possesses a suitably terrifying profile, as befits a life-draining xenos sword older than the Imperium itself."

From the community site.

Do it plz.

This is bait.

Necromancer, maybe. Chaos, no. Farsight found it on the dead world Arthas Moloch, which then got flooded with demons at the amount of Ork and Tau blood shed.

It did say other medallions on the planet had "anti warp" properties so Necron tech might be accurate.

I kinda figured it was one of Khain's lost swords. Making it both Xenos and Chaos.

I can see that! You're doing a bang-up job of it. Doing me proud :) I look forward to seeing the new full T'au stats, as that's where this all started.

Necrons, not necromancer.

Tanks suck my man. Do you even know how to do basic math?

Anyone have pdf for Lorgar: Bearer of the Word

Reposting from previous thread;

Yeah, I'm torn between Vior'La and T'au for the main force. I love the Darkstrider+breacher combo and Longstrike makes hammerheads almost worth taking (I still take them) but these Vior'La traits and signature system really work with my playstyle.

I will always run my Tau mobile and aggressive. Guess I need a few experimental games to see what I like better.

Longstrike's pretty good.

It's not even out yet you colossal piece of shit

Yeah I was remembering it wrong. From Lexicanum:

The Artifact World of Arthas Moloch is a desolate one, filled with strange, faceless statues that predate the Imperium. The world's surface is cracked and broken, and no life exists on the planet. The worlds ruins and tombs however bear the dark brown smears of bloodshed and the images of shadows burnt into the walls. If one were psychic, they would see the planet shine like a gold mine in a firelight.[3]

O'Shovah visited this world while clearing Tau Space of Orks during the Farsight Expedition of the Tau Empire. In the ruins of a mysterious Dais, the Farsight and his forces fought off unknown forces that were likely Chaos Daemons.[3] During this battle, all of Farsights Ethereals were killed, and Farsight took up a mysterious weapon known as the Dawn Blade to defeat the creatures and the portal they emerged from. After the battle, O'Shovah and the Tau force left the world and later founded the Farsight Enclaves.

Seems like just a powerful alien artifact similar to Anathame from Horus Heresy story.

Not really.

Post themesongs for .
youtube.com/watch?v=roCHMjPoK2c

Boy would you love my force then...this was the index list. With the Codex, the Commanders are getting dropped for a fuckload of Sky Ray Gunships, Broadsides, and maybe a squad of fusion blaster Crisis.

Ok so after being beat for the 1000th time by blood angels with my dark eldar, what army should I choose that automatically wins? Dark eldar is truly the worst army of all time.

Sky Rays my nigga.

youtube.com/watch?v=MzL4IA16k78

That's be cool. I'd be willing to headcanon it as the 100th Vaul promised him and later made, just to make it a bit more special/unique

I think this is unironically going to be the best tau style going forward. A sea of fire warriors from horizon to horizon with some heavy firepower and markerlights sprinkled in for flavor.

One of the ones that Vaul made for Khaine? Possible, but judging by the Eldar relics from a codex or two ago, the main one Anaris is all broken into bits.

give us details, tell us what units are in play and how the battle goes

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Good joke.

youtube.com/watch?v=klPZIGQcrHA

Fuck off. Dark Eldar can spam anti-tank better than anyone. I don't even look at fielding my Razorback spam if there's a DE player in the vicinity.

I think the hundredth already has established lore. I was thinking it's one of the initial 99, scattered with Khain's demise.

youtube.com/watch?v=xMCeQ-IloLg

Yeah, it's awesome. Chronophagic too so every life it ends/kills gets added to the wielder's making Farsight functionally immortal.

You laugh, but with the new Seeker Missile profile you're throwing out 6 D6 S8 Ap-2 D6D shots for 166pts. I'm running three.

Fortunately for you this is the edition where infantry is king! You know what Dark Lances suck ass against? Infantry! You know what splinter weapons suck ass against? Still infantry! Boy being DE feels great.

Kroot Merc Dex when?/

Yea boiyee

Codex: Hrud when?

Orks are by far the most fun army discuss

Fuck off yourself. Have you even played against blood angels? Deep strike 3d6 charge and your vehicles are gone because no melee saves. Even with anti deep strike unit, they get killed pretty quickly.

>women dying in the tenth plague

So he's been alive a couple hundred years. Has anyone ever mentioned this to him? That he hasn't aged a day?

Or do Tau just normally live really long, and he hasn't reached the point where it would be suspicious?

Fire Warriors are at this point better guardsmen. Actually makes it so their tanks will need to lend the infantry a hand if they want to win the horde fight.

imgur.com/a/eV25Z

Are you that same fucker on Reddit that believes Seekers are the salvation for Tau?

Have you actually done any math? Do you realize how much points that is? It cannot even bring a Rhino to its lowest profile on one volley.

youtu.be/49rhRF4bkf8

Guess

>hundredth is established

Is it really? Admittedly it's been a couple editions since I've player eldar, but from what I remember of the lore, was Vaul made that last one after the deadline when Khaine claimed Isha, went to go fight him with it, and lost on account of the fact that he's a smith and Khaine is the god of war.

Probably better off getting a Brigade desu, and then two outrider or 1 outrider + 1 battallion more.
FW/Breachers are cheap as chips, as are pathfinders, and you are probably gonna run some Stealth Suits and a whole bunch of drones (provided they can mantastrike).

I'm a bit down right now. Ever since 8th dropped my current Dark Eldar army has been nigh unusable and has been shit ever since Codexes began to drop. I keep losing game after game after game, the fundamentals of 8e and how the index is going, I don't know if it's me being shit, the index being shit, or the game being so different.

My units all feel so fucking flimsy, from a whole unit of 20 kabalites getting mowed down, to venoms getting blasted instantly T1, to my raiders and talos eating shit at the hands of my opponents lascannons, plasmas, or primarchs every game since they can zip across the whole board in what seems like 1 turn and land that charge.

Every time I inflict major damage to my opponent it feels like they have some super invuln save that negates it, and every time they attack me I sit, sigh, and roll either a 6+ or nothing as my unit eats shit.

Then I watch my opponent reroll all their misses and I sit idly as my 1's and 2's and 3's sit there uselessly.

Anyone else feel this way?

You can field so many AT weapons that it doesn't matter if your opponent is fielding infantry. I ran my Fire Warrior spam list against my mate's AT Dark Eldar, and he blew 30~ Fire Warriors off the board in the first turn with nothing but Dark Lances, Disintegrators and Blaster Pistols. Get good.

Legit retard who doesn't even read OP.

Are they dropping the once per battle thing?

Dark Angels?

*blocks your path*

So screen your shit. Kabalites are dirt cheap and you can field them in blobs of 20.

Conversions are the best part of the hobby. Nobody comes close to Orks in this regard.

Local dood has an Ork army for every other faction, totally looted/converted from other stuff. So fucking sick.

>lol, bro orks are funny bro
>look at my sprue conversion
>purple orks are stealthy
>waahg
>ork technology works because they believe it
>lol orks bro
>lol orks

Yup

does the mechanicus ever study in the fields of biology or does that whole "flesh is weak" thing make them uninterested in it?

Some fluff indicates some level of awareness about this and he goes into hermit-style self-exile until the enclaves are threatened.

Not sure how that is hard to counter. 3D6 charge is nice, but like, they can't jump over a screen they deep strike. The best they can do is kill a screen and then get shot.

This. Ork shit makes me cringe every time.
Can't wait for that joke of a faction to be squatted already.

Unironically need a xeno species that is Chaos aligned. The fact that the only Chaos you can play in the game is either mainly daemons or SM is really fucking dumb.

Chaos Squats when?

Well I had 2x 10 kabalite warriors in front line to avoid him deep striking my vehicles. Some harlequin in 2 starweavers to have some counter charge. First 2 turns he couldn't deep strike anything and I was winning. Then he was forced to deep strike anyway. First starweaver poped and then my first harlequin troupe was exposed and killed by devastator and scout squad. Then his death company and other terrible melee unit proceeded to just maw down every single unit left. He also had a tank with 72 inches no line of sight 2d6 shots and it was enough to finish off exposed harlequins.

I see.

So what's keeping Shadowsun alive?

youtube.com/watch?v=8y22STBfUW4

No.

They study all sorts of stuff. I'd imagine the biology and physiology ones might be a little less on the flesh is weak koolaid. They could also be like Fabius-lite.

Cryostasis

I don't know much about the Eldar but i thought one of their characters had it.

I only started Dark Eldar in 8th but I feel like they're doing fine. I don't have many answers to superunits like Bobby G, but otherwise I feel pretty competitive.

They can jump over they have jump pack you dingus.

could you imagine being this joyless

>No arms
*walks around*