Dominaria Leak Thread #3

The Dominaria Release Notes were leaked in China, which has the mechanics and majority of the rares/mythics in the set. Wizards has since posted a translated version.

Release Notes:
pastebin.com/BXFX3fpU

Wizard's Response:
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/dominaria-leak-2018-03-08

Visual Spoiler of Leaked Cards:
imgur.com/a/ZcaAe

Also included:

>Guaranteed legendary in each Dominaria pack
>Bunch of templating changes

Other urls found in this thread:

media.wizards.com/2018/downloads/DOM_Release_Notes/EN_MTGDOM_ReleaseNotes.docx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My dad works for Nintendo, he says Ludicolo and Knuckles are gonna be in the new Smash Bros.

mtg is dead.

goodbye

>jewzard of the cost planned this (((accidental))) leak to make ppl hyped after the double disastrous master sets*

ftfy

This was never said once during the last fifteen years.

qft

Keep up the damage control, Jeremy. Magic's still dying, after all.

i wish.

good sleep my lil princess

your message doesnt make any sense mark, go to bed

I heard there was another leak but I really dont care enough for standard stuff. What are the major mechanic changes? I saw some stuff about about not being able to redirect to planeswalkers unless specified, but that was already talked about months ago. Did modern get any new toys from whats been leaked?

A lightning helix with Firesong and Sunspeaker gains you 6 life and deals 9 damage (in packets of three)
Warleader's Helix gains 8 and deals 10.
Brightflame...depends on the boardstate, but gives you X life plus X per creature, and 6 extra damage to your opponent's face (but holy fuck that lifegain, it's actually RELEVANT)
Other cards that work with it on both sides in just RW: Energy Bolt, Arrows of Justice, Aurelias Fury, Boros Charm, Deflecting Palm, Fire At Will, Intimidation Bolt,
In other colors: Fiery Justice, Last Stand, Crackling Doom, Mardu Charm, Jeskai Charm, Naya Charm
Captain's Maneuvers and Reflect Damage don't work with it.

nope, just the usual, its bolt/counterspell with a tacked on conditional.

Kamigawa 2.0/Legends 3.0 but without any good lore or flavor because nuWotC will fuck that up hard (see: Ixalan story)
Conditional stuff is tied around creatures now, 2R for a 3 damage spell that becomes a bolt when you have a wizard

>bladewing twins
>no haste
Rorix and Tarox would both be ashamed.

Modern got FUCK TRON AND STORM: the Artifact.
MAYBE the bolt/counterspell that cost more but become actual bolt/counterspell (costwise) if you control a Wizard. Lots of good wizards, after all.

>Did modern get any new toys from whats been leaked?
nothing so far beside a side tool artifact for (2) against tronfags and stormfags. wake me up when something is worth mentioning

>Magic has adopted "they" as the preferred third-person-singular pronoun for a player, replacing "he or she."

>Homarid Explorer
>3U
>Creature — Homarid Scout
>3/3
>When Homarid Explorer enters the battlefield, target player puts the top four cards of their library into their graveyard.

>hexproof from black
what the fuck

>Abilities that modify how a spell behaves on the stack, such as additional costs, refer to themselves as "this spell" rather than by using their card name.

>Wizard's Retort
>1UU
>Instant
>This spell costs 1 less to cast if you control a >Wizard.
>Counter target spell.

It's trying to reword protection into their current idea of what it should be, since they consider protection not intuitive and not fun.

lmao.

This is not a leak. There is no way something this stupid would make it out of r&d- even outside the mechanics of the game, it's grammatically nonsensical.

mfw people thought counterspell and bolt would be in this set and it would be the saving grace of mtg

>lyra dawnbringer
>just an anthem for angels
reya would be ashamed

Literally who thought that? You're making stuff up.

it's a bad machine translation of a foreign leak.

Tolarian probably

You fucking wish.

Which video?

The fact that "goodbye" has been said numerous times is actually something worth caring about. Some people return; but they fucking sucked at the game anyways and weren't good enough to figure out how to get back into it. But some legitimately good people left and nobody cares that they're gone yet nearly every player knew one of those people who didn't simply grow out of it but felt or saw that Wizards was retarded.

Yeah it's been said to be dead but dead doesn't literally mean "gone". It could be a walking shambling corpse of a game with none of the soul it had or could have. How many people are going to say the game is better and can give compelling reasons for it. Presumably EDH players are happy with all the fresh shit they get but I'm sure that Eternal players are struggling to have events fire and Modern players know new players are getting priced out of their Legacy-Lite format and ex-Standard players usually have nothing good to say about that.

Does that mean there's a chance that they aren't actually going backwards and returning Kicker, one of the blandest mechanics ever printed and admittedly so by WotC, of all things?

His dominaria bets. I dont remember if he exactly said bolt and counterspell, but he expected strong cards like them.

WotC would fake leak like 5 cards and get much of the same effect (a Saga, a nostalgia b8 planeswalker, some of the cooler legendaries). They wouldn't need to leak 80% of their rares and kill their spoiler season just to generate some hype.

I highly prefer kicker to [block-specific rename of kicker]

They've been talking about this for at least a decade, before people were offended by he or she. It's a good change because it reduces text.

lol. The pastebin's name for it, "Blackbane", is much better.

>DEBT is too complicated for nu-mtg

There is if you have a wizard on the field.

>Jaya Ballard

Nope, they're bringing Kicker back.

Yep. See

Regeneration is too complex for nu-MtG. Hell, we're reaching the point where TRAMPLE is considered too complex.

I'm becoming increasingly aware that the game I love died years ago and these "new" sets are just corpse gasses released by that fat maggot MaRo wriggling inside the body to see what else he can rot.

>EDH faggotry, the set
They gave up didn't they

I would prefer it if it were evergreen, but it's just the first of many competing standards and isn't narrow enough to justify bringing it back after 8 years, it was gone for a reason and its return is confusing and frustrating.

>Veeky Forums doesn't know the difference between complexity and intuitiveness

Looks like he did. Guy's a moron then.

>Drudge Sentinel
>2B
>Creature — Skeleton Warrior
>2/1
>3: Tap Drudge Sentinel. It gains indestructible >until end of turn. (Damage and effects that say >"destroy" don't destroy it.)

>• You can activate Drudge Sentinel's ability even if it's already tapped. It will still gain indestructible.

B: for ""regeneration"" is too good these days.

>oath of Teferi
>Teferi in the Jacetice League even though he only cares about his NotWakanda

reminder that desert didn't get reprinted because it was too good for standard. This is nu-mtg

>white knight and black knight could never get into combat
Yeah that always made sense.

>expecting nuWotC to look into any character backstory or motivation
lol

i thought they were dropping this jacetice league crap

I'm pretty sure half of Veeky Forums doesn't know how regeneration works.

edh is magic now buddy :^)

No, they're just not putting them all in the same set at the same time.

>getting worked up over Kicker

>Teferi was going around gathering Planeswalker allies in Time Spiral before Jace and pals were even printed
>Zhalfir's phased out permanently

So what, are they going to make him UW so he doesn't overlap with Jace, since MaRo has absolutely no idea what color identity is and thinks it's comparable to D&D alignments?

>pay regen cost
>"bubble" is put on creature
>can put as many bubbles as able
>when it's supposed to die, instead it gets removed from combat and tapped. The bubble is removed.
I didn't play when regen was big but I really liked it, even though I just opened boosters as a kid.

Teferi's Moat was UW, he did become that later on in life I think, unless I'm forgetting things. Then again you are right about the latter, although that color guide for the DnD book was written by someone who had no experience with Magic flavor I think.

Teferi is black.

If those leaked cards are real im not touching this set lmao what shit cards

Oldwalkers (and many mortal mages) were skilled in all five colors, and merely had a preference for one color or another. You'll see cards featuring planeswalkers outside of their typical associated colors all the time, representing whatever act or mood took them at the time. It's part of why they never printed "Planeswalker" cards, because giving a being like an Oldwalker a color identity would be ridiculous.

But the marketing team smelled ungrabbed cash so we got "the mending" and it's been downhill ever since.

They are real. A translated list is on WotCs site.

Actually, it was written by someone who has been writing lore for MtG for roughly three years now and was previously a writer for D&D. Technically, there's no one more qualified to link colors to alignments than him.

>Planeswalkers never had a color identity
Why do so many people on this board insist on talking right out of their asses?

Teferi, Hero of Dominaria
3WU
Legendary Planeswalker — Teferi
+1: Draw a card. At the beginning of the next end step, untap two lands.
−3: Put target nonland permanent into its owner's library third from the top.
−8: You get an emblem with "Whenever you draw a card, exile target permanent an opponent controls."

The answer to your question is 'yes.' At least we got Jaya as a mono-red utility planeswalker.

Because they can, really.

Trample was considered too complex at least as far back as 7th edition and was removed from the core set. This is nothing new.

This is a rough translation, right? It's actaully "[quality] Hexproof" right? Or at the very least Hexproof TO [quality]?

Someone tell me this is just a nightmare.

media.wizards.com/2018/downloads/DOM_Release_Notes/EN_MTGDOM_ReleaseNotes.docx

Literally download the fucking document and read it, you mongol.

>muldrotha is fucking awesome
>damping sphere is a great sideboard/edh stax card
>new teferi is decent/good
>new jaya is decent
>new mox is worthless
>new karn is worthless
>new jhoira is worthless
>new dawnbringer is worthless
>new sisay is worthless
>new umezawa is worthless
>new bladewing is worthless
>new counterspell and bolt are worthless
>new squee is squee
>no legendary sorcery or saga struck me as all that great, some are even insultingly bad
overall ehh set. i'll sleep on it and look through the list again in the morning. kind of funny that most of the cards meant to hit you with nostalgia feels are super underwhelming

It is a nightmare that you're such a fucking retard that needs to be spoonfed.

If the leak wasn't intentional then they're handling it very well.

one (actual) bird so far and it's fair. not amazing, basically a worse sun titan. c'mon wizards, my kangee deck needs sick new tech!

>"Blackbane"
it"s a big ability

That's the exact document I got that information from and I was asking if it is horribly translated, because it sounds like it is horribly translated despite the document having 0 references to being translated.

It is obviously intentional at this point with how forgiving they are for it.

I'm more upset that he's a walker again. It's Barry Allen all over again.

Mox Amber is 100% going in my Sisay EDH.

It's not horribly translated, release notes are made in English first, then translated. Why would it make sense for release notes to be made in Chink first?

Why would you wonder if it was horribly translated when there's zero references to it being horribly translated if it comes from a company which uses English as its primary language and has no reason to translate it into English, let alone translate it horribly into English?

Next time just say "this is dumb" and avoid looking like a moron. Of course it's not fucking translated.

Eh, Barry was always better than Wally.

>primeval's glorious rebirth
>the eldest reborn
um.

Soy bolt and counterspell. Underwhelming

Sure, but it's more that reviving him made his sacrifice mean nothing.

>worse sun titan
>triggers multiple times a turn potentially for 0 mana each and can even happen on other turns
>has infinite combos
It's alright.

>I actually expect Lightning Bolt and Counterspell in Standard!
Literally Tolarian.

>Rules Change: Damage Can't Be Redirected to Planeswalkers

Do you need to bring up your internet idol every thirty posts?

>For some reason, I am incapable of reading the word 'noncombat.' I literally just interpret that word as empty space.

WotC aren't scared of Counterspell in Standard.
They're scared of Counterspell in Modern.

i don't see why. why would you fetch up a rampant growth when you could fetch a good creature/utility land/literally anything else
imo, what makes a mox great is its effect on the VERY early game, ie turns 1-2, 3 at the very latest
seems to me that by the time mox amber is doing its thing, it isn't doing anything special anyway

>Magic has adopted "they" as the preferred third-person-singular pronoun for a player, replacing "he or she."

I'm asking because "Hexproof from white" is not fucking English.

It's not your fault, don't reply to this post. I know it's no surprise here that wizards is out of control. Best of luck to all of us, thank you.

They don't even think about Modern.

no sphinx reeee

I have legendary lands. I wouldn't tutor it, it's just that I can usually have it online by turn 2.

?

Am pretty stoked for the new set, the leaks all look great

>Previously, you could redirect noncombat damage that a source you control would deal to an opponent, having that source instead deal that damage to one of their planeswalkers. With the release of the Dominaria set, this rule is being removed from the game. A large number of cards that dealt a certain amount of damage to "target player" are receiving errata using the following guidelines:
>Previously, you could redirect noncombat damage that a source you control would deal to an opponent, having that source instead deal that damage to one of their planeswalkers.
>Previously, you could redirect noncombat damage that a source you control would deal to an opponent,
>Previously, you could redirect noncombat damage
>you could redirect noncombat damage
>redirect noncombat damage
>noncombat damage
>noncombat damage
>noncombat damage

The rule literally changes nothing but a few instances of wording.

>No Slivers
Dropped