/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Carl Franz edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous thread:

reminder that karl would have had a middle name

So, I just stumbled onto T9A 2.0 rules, and I kinda like them.

What size are T9A armies normally?
Especially what corresponds to WHFB 500pts?

Franz couldn't possibly be his last name, could it? I'm pretty sure his name is just structured like the one of the current king of Sweden for example, Carl XIV Gustaf, with the regnal number in the middle despite it being a double-name.

115 KB JPG
→ #
So after having bothered you guys about it for a while I guess that it's only fair that I give you a quick summation of the game:
The tldr is that I got my ass kicked.

My big block of Nurgle Warriors with Halberds and the BSB took a flame cannon shot in the first turn, losing three guys but completely flubbing the panic roll resulting in a quarter of my points fleeing from the table before I even had a chance to move them.
My gorebeast Chariots ended up seperated from eachother due to them charging and then pursuing different gyrocopters held in place by my doggies. While the one ending up on the left flank didn't fare so well as it got torn to shreds by a block of hammerers after having been soften up by my opponents organ gun and locked in place by a small unit of quarrelers the Chariot that found itself on the right flank faired much better as it rammed into,and held a unit of Longbeards with GWs for a couple of rounds, which it was greatly helped by through the Lore of Shadows which I really came to like during this game. Nerfing a unit of sturdy dwarfs with GWs so that they hit and wound on 6+ is just straight up lovely.
Sadly the longbeards managed to kill the gorebeast in the same round that I got my chimera into the combat which allowed my opponent to counter-charge my chimera with his Ironbreakers in the next turn. As the unit contained his characters they made quick work of the chimera.
While all this took place my unit of Nurgle Warriors with Shields and my sorcerer lord had defeated and overrun the hammerer unit. Sadly though, my warrior unit then took a beating from the organ gun and flame cannon which it barely survived from.
Embarrasingly I completely forgot about my Ogre unit for the majority of the game after they'd lost half their models to the organ gun and ran away to the edge of the table.
My Hellcannon managed two great hits on the Ironbreaker unit that together wiped out half of its models

I'd take a look & draw some comparisons between 8th edition units' point costs and 9th age's units' point costs

The numbers are in the middle because he "is" the sixteenth king of Sweden who bears the name Carl/Karl. The other name literally doesn't count.

Precisely. Karl Franz actually has a proper last name in Holswig-Schliestein or something, and since KF also seems to be his regnal name, it must be his full first name. You couldn't squeeze a middle-name into there because it's a singular thing.

>You couldn't squeeze a middle-name into there because it's a singular thing.
I'm afraid I don't get what you mean here. Could you perhaps rephrase it?

>
Is that a pun on Rorke's Drift but with orcs instead of Zulus?

I'd guess that it's just another way to further distinguish orcs from other species.
It's also a nice thematic fit as both are tusked and are famous for fucking up whatever area they inhabit.

user further up was saying Karl Franz would have had a middle-name in between the Karl and the Franz, which I'm saying wouldn't work since that's his full first name.

Ah okay I see.
If we're still working from the swedish royal example though it's possible that he had other names before Karl Franz.
The previous king of Sweden, with the royal name Gustaf VI Adolf, was actually named Oscar Fredrik Wilhelm Olaf Gustaf Adolf.
I don't hold that as likely though.

Yes.

>playing TWWH2 as Skaven
>want to make Non-Aggression Pact with local Dwarfs so they don't backstab me while I campaign elsewhere
>they refuse

Why are Dwarfs such honourless sneaky dastards?

Does make me wonder why they wouldn't trust fellow tunneldwellers

Many factions have a built-in antipathy towards their traditional enemies but you can still see some wacky shit. In one of my games Pestilens took over most of Lustria and signed a defensive pact and a trade agreement with Mazdamundi. I've also managed to vassalize a dwarf kingdom when playing as Grimgor.

Karl Franz already has two first names. Why does he need a third?

But we had good enough relations! I killed a whole bunch of orcs! The button to make NAP was yellow! It is clear they simply wanted to backstab me the moment my back was turned, yes-yes!
And I was fully intending to keep the pact intact (and raid their province for Food without fear of retaliation, but that's beside the point)

>"teehee we took 50% of your kingdom and slaughered countless innocents in doing so"
>get mad that dwarfs don't put up with this shit and want nothing outside of your race's destruction
Not even in your wildest dreams, furfag

That's it, i'm getting cousin okri

I'm not a stupid Skaven, I didn't raid them before offering the pact!

Next time, seek for fellow skaven or Tomb Kings, everyone else wants to kill-exterminate you.

Because a proper ruler collects them like pokemon.

Lmao, no proper dwarf would strike a truce or non agression pact with the treacherous raki, else he'd get butchered by his own people

Settra approves

what would happen if an amber wizard or jade wizard or druid went to albion? fun happy times with the tribal natives?

There are more courteous and civilized people in the world than just those.
I'm good friends with Vampires, Beastmen and those Orcs I haven't slaughtered and devoured yet.

You know, playing Skaven I feel like I"m playing a much more diplomatic and civilized game, than playing Empire, when everyone hated me for no reason whatsoever.

Use mods to actually feels like the emperor and not some random elector count

PRINCE and emperor
and too late, I already finished that campaign

What mods do you recommend? I was thinking about starting up an Empire Campaign in the connected campaign.

I'm new to warhammer fantasy, what can you tell me about Wizards, Dwarves and Elves?

>Wizards
Blokes in dresses, always doing something to fuck with the fabric of reality, can't be trusted. Sometimes good for a pint

>Dwarves
Solid, honest, good lads in a fight but never borrow money off them without a receipt and the intention to pay it back. Make fantastic beer.

>Elves?
Cunts.

There's a difference between the elven races
High elves are uppity arrogant cunts
Dark elves are stabby cunts to whom the world is their playground
Wood elves just want to be left alone

To the guy who in the last thread claimed outdated info as canon, all the stuff about how wood elves are athel loren elves specifically is what was the most up to date definition before the setting was canned
Things that have been replaced and updated replace the old stuff, citing 1st 2nd or 3rd edition definitions that have since been replaced in the next 7 - 5 edition is not a sound argument

>solid, honest good lads
I wonder who was behind this post

>wood elves want to be left alone
yup, invading a forest where the native inhabitants don't want you there, calling yourself a part of that forest when the tree spirits there hate you, and raiding poor brettonian peasants totally counts as wanting to be left alone

Human druids and amber wizards are more connected to the forest than the wood elves

We wont be blamed for nothing lad.

>raiding poor brettonian peasants
It's funny how brettonian peasants are depict as poor, as long as brettonian knights don't explore them.

If more than a minority of the native inhabitants didnt want them there, they'd never have been allowed in there. They are the reason the forest hasn't been turned into kindling during the winter by the dwarves, or that it hasn't been made into a chaos realm by Morghur
You obviously don't know much about them

Try to be unbiased next post.

Most of the treemen appreciate and respect the elves, though
Dryads are spiteful by nature but listen to the wiser Treemen

>Wizards
Folks who can control the Winds of Magic, the details change between the factions.

>Dwarves
Dwarfs, or Dawi used to be one of the greatest empires until the War of Vengeance/of the Beard and the Time of Woes. They really don't forget nor forgive wrongs against them and seek to fix them either with gold, oaths or blood.

>Elves
Another great empire in decline, they are divided in three factions.

High Elves (Asur): They live in the island of Ulthan, they are pompous asshats in decilne who have not adapted to the modern days, yet they are one of the 'good guys' in Fantasy.

Dark Elves (Druchii): Bloodthirsty assholes who live in Naggaroth (I think) and really hate the Asur for the civil war that devided them. They treat everyone else as cattle to play and it is more easly find to follower of Chaos who is a decent person than a druchii who is not a backstabbing vermin.

Wood Elves (Asrai): Decendants of the elves stuck in the forests of the future Bretonnia after the War of the Beard, they made a pact with the beings living there and now they are one with nature. As long you stay away of the forest and their Wild Hunts, they will not kill or eat you. (They are the ones who gifted Deathclaw to Karl Franz)

Durthu like elfs as much as dwarfs, and boy does he loves dwarfs

>Elves
Massive cunts.

Durthu loved the elves before he went mad, he is currently not sane because of what the Dwarves did to him
Read up on the guy

I don't know how high on the memes you need to be to not realize that they are one of the few unironic good guy factions that overall did more for the world than most others. It may sound like wanking, but I just need to rebalance your asshurt you spewed into this thread.

Its a guy pretending to be a dwarf, bud

And Elves are still cunts.

I know, this doesn't stop me from calling him out.

>who have not adapted to the modern days
What does this even mean? Their society works pretty fine, all things considered. They had one giant civil war, but aside from that their inner politics are pretty stable. To who are you even comparing this? Yes, the empire may soon reach some kind of industrial revolution. What else? Skaven? Goblins? Chaos dorfs?

>He has watched, time and again, as the Elves have invited calamity on the forest through an inability to sever their connection to the outside world. Worst of all, he has seen his fellow Elders fall, one by one; some slain by their own foes but most destroyed by the enemies of the Elves
Come back once you read your lore

They actively refuse to use gunpowder, steam machines and anything requiring a functionning brain in general
>but muh elf bow mastery
Is nothing compared to the damage they could inflict with cannons

So gunpowder is all that is modern society? What a retarded worldview is that?
>and anything requiring a functionning brain in general
Try high magic next time.

Try not fucking your mother and walking through a burning door.

>fucking Elves.

>They actively refuse to use gunpowder, steam machines and anything requiring a functionning brain in general
congratulations, your huge brain created a civilisation on par with Ogres.

To be fair, that's the whole point. WHFB Elves are Tolkien Elves, once great, now falling and dying out while Humans take up the role of the world's defenders.

Once upon a time the Elves (and Lizardmen) defeated the biggest Chaos invasion ever and were responsible for driving them back up north and sealing them away. It was the Elven gods that defeated the Chaos gods and saved the world even further back in the ancient past.

But like Tolkien Elves, they're old news. What's left now is a shell, and now, Humans are taking up the role. Sigmar is the new Aenarion. Albion is the new Caledor. The Empire is the bastion facing down Chaos at gunpoint and keeping the Old World intact. Lizardmen too have gone into total isolation mode.

It should be worth mentioning though that during the Storm of Chaos Archaon ordered a huge naval invasion of Nordland to try to cut off and encircle Middenheim and divert Imperial/Bret forces northward. A single High Elven fleet was sent and it wrecked so much havoc that the Norscans were afraid to even set out on their ships, with the invasion reversed to the point that the High Elves were plundering the Norscan coastline.

I believe they called the Elven admiral "White Death" or something along those lines.

>It was the Elven gods that defeated the Chaos gods and saved the world even further back in the ancient past.

Source this.

>inb4 you can't

>high magic
>when i have a 1+4++ with runic armor and a alway-hit-on-2+, double-the -strengh-against-t5+, minus-1-to-hit-me runic axe that took less than 200y to forge when the elgi faggots spend 2000y+ locked in their tower, only to be outdone on the battlefield by a shitty rat
Magic is one hell of a drug

>while Humans take up the role of the world's defenders.
you mean Worlds destroyers. They can't even defend the World from themself.

>with the invasion reversed to the point that the High Elves were plundering the Norscan coastline.
That's bloody hilarious.

Your massive butthurt is not a contribution to this thread. I guess these colleges of magic build themselves.

Yes, of course I understand that they are a declining race just like dwarves and lizardmen and all that shit. But I asked him what he meant with that "adopted to modern times" and got stupidity.

Think you mistook me for an old one

To be fair, Archaon was the chosen one who was meant to inherit Ghal Maraz and purge Chaos forever from the world. Chaos got to him and subverted his destiny.

If the Elves weren't so insular and their gods weren't so weak, then perhaps that would have been avoided.

I wouldn't trust anything that guy says. He has a history of making stuff up.

Fluff =/= crunch. But magic phase is a hell of a drug.

>the Elves (and Lizardmen) defeated the biggest Chaos invasion ever and were responsible for driving them back up north and sealing them away. It was the Elven gods that defeated the Chaos gods and saved the world even further back in the ancient past.

You mean Karl-Franz Holswig Schliestein of the House of Wilhelm?

The dwarves did some stuff too. But they had no hand in the vortex.

>Grimnir died for this shit.

Should have let the world burn.

>the state of the old world these days

Some eyes can see past the weary and exhaustion our peoples have endured at great cost to maintain strength against the great enemy

Fair enough, but you might want to tuck those pointy ears under your hate there, leafeater.

I don't know if the gods were involved, but is user referencing the Vortex of Magic that the elves set up in the first big incursion?

But enough with this Elf faggotry, lets talk about the Dark Beneath the World.

>But I asked him what he meant with that "adopted to modern times" and got stupidity.
But they are literally stupid, they gimp themselves over aesthetic reasons, when even fucking ogre manage to use gunpowder. Outside of that they have a great civilisation, but as of the 25 century they are outdone by everyone else in their respective domains
>can't craft better than dwarfs
>can't be as good at magic than slaans
>use outdated weaponry
>long age esperance wasted because they have, at most, basic training outside of a select few reasonnable people
>can spend centuries in political cluster that doesn't matter outside of ulthuan
>isolationnist
They never got their hands out of their arse, and now they reap the benefits

>I don't know if the gods were involved, but is user referencing the Vortex of Magic that the elves set up in the first big incursion?

The moron said that before the Great invasion the Elven Gods defeated the Chaos Gods. Which seems to me to be a fabrication of a diseased mind.

>man's will too weak to resist Chaos
>blame the Elf gods

The absolute state man...such a sad affair

>we must save the world again from chaos
Said no elf ever
Hell finubar is badmouthed by isolationnist elfs even though all he did when it was the empire's blackest hour was to send 3 ponces to teach witches how not to explode, when the dwarf high king got himself all the way to praag and died because of it

Defeated doesn't mean killed

It was to stall them long enough to properly control the vortex against the chaos gate....which is a "defeat" for chaos because they didn't consume the world right then and there.

Chaosfags are very grumpy these days

>Chaosfags are very grumpy these days

The irony here is off the charts.

This is why Elves are cunts.

Men weren't created complete creation. That need guidance especially since their potential surpasses all the Elder races.

The army book says that the Elves are Chaos's greatest enemy and that they are the guardians of the world.

The problem is over time they started to become isolationists and aloof.

>>can't craft better than dwarfs
Nobody can, but they are still one of the best craftsmen. Better than most humans.
>>can't be as good at magic than slaans
Nobody else is as good as the Slanns bar some Chaos and Nagash. Teclis and Caledor are both up there. Yet they are consistently one of the best mages. Slann can't even produce more Slann. Those are really dying out.
>>use outdated weaponry
Everybody uses swords, spears, axes. Even the empire still uses bows. And they are doing perfectly fine with that. Show me some fluff that says elves constantly lose because they have no shooty sticks that blow up in their face.
>>long age esperance wasted because they have, at most, basic training outside of a select few reasonnable people
And yet even their militia outshines many other basic troops.
>>can spend centuries in political cluster that doesn't matter outside of ulthuan
And Ulthuan is a fucking continent, they got all they need there. Aside from that they again opened up, trade and play world police
>>isolationnist
Sometimes, but overall not really true. The Asrai for the most part, Ulthuan no longer, Naggaroth never.

Shit, it's almost you have no idea what you are talking about.

The chosen of Asuryan used the Blade of Khaine to defeat the Champions of the 4 Great Ones in battle and allowed Caledor to finish his Great Ritual.

He loved the elves before he went mad, like I said
Then his friends started falling and he snapped once the dwarves messed him up

>said no elf ever
>elves: let's teach the humans magic and prevent their misguided spiral into chaos corruption. This education will boost our chances to wage a successful war against chaos
>dwarfs: let's get ourselves killed...that'll show them elves

You dumbass. Can you fucking read English? That moron user claimed that the before the gates exploded and daemons poured over the world, the Elven Gods battled the Chaos Gods and won. I demanded a source for this because before 8th ED, there was no mention of the Chaos Gods and Elven Gods interacting in any meaningful manner.

Why are Europeans too stupid to grasp a simple language like English? Fucks sake.

Irrelevant

Read what he wrote

>"Once upon a time the Elves (and Lizardmen) defeated the biggest Chaos invasion ever and were responsible for driving them back up north and sealing them away. It was the Elven gods that defeated the Chaos gods and saved the world even further back in the ancient past"

>n-n-n-no one can beat chaos ever
>chaos meant to lose on purpose

Many names of Warhammer in the 80s were puns or references; There was a skeleton character in the Terror of the Lichmaster called Mikael Jacksen who had a flaming skull (do to an accident Michael Jackson had were is hair lit up)

The 3 elven races' depiction I listed () is the canon depiction of them though, its what time and warp corruption has subtly done to their personalities over time since elves are practically immune to chaos corruption otherwise
Helves = arrogance, world police
Delves = "no one else matters, we do whatever we feel like"
Welves = stay off our lawn and dont try to bring about the apocalypse

>n-n-n-no one can beat chaos ever
>chaos meant to lose on purpose
Did I say this?

No.

>chaos fags are grumpy
>says the elf fag whose been bitching about how awesome elves are for the last hour.

Can't even read you Elvish cunt.

You anons are getting a bit angry desu

Fucking enormous, bigger than 8th edition.

It's like they looked at 8th edition and thought 'You know what everyone fucking loved about this edition? Blocks of 50 spearmen. Fucking marvellous!'.

But Chaos is on the rise again.

High elf fans and Chaos fans (and the ones egging them on) are both a special breed

The Elgifags are annoying as fuck.

Living proof that Chaos exists and it feeds in our own misery.

>some stuff
Grimnir literally close the gate of chaos by himself and prevented the vhaos gods from manifesting in the flesh.
By himself. Alone.
And naked

I'm kinda torn on you, dwarfanon.
On one hand I like it, on the other I don't

>Chaos is what Malekith calls his dick.