Discuss

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

towardsdatascience.com/napoleon-was-the-best-general-ever-and-the-math-proves-it-86efed303eeb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing to discuss, it's a bunch of arbitrary levels with no actual point. You didn't even put Sun Tzu on there.

I'd switch Alexander and Genghis desu, especially considering he relied a lot on his subordinates, like Subutai.

Sun Tzu was not a warlord, he was scholer, or they were scholers, because art of war is a collection of different works, by different dudes.

Also no Zhukov, Peter the Great or Suvorov.

levels are way too high for real-world humans

This is why we don't invite you anywhere man

Wasn't it one of Genghis generals that did most of his ... whatever lead to that level. It's missing Frederick. And Belisar. As well as Yi Sun-sin.

I try not to be pedantic like this, but this website has spellcheck for fucks sake. Scholar*.

I'm just parroting stuff here but weren't Rommel's skills and successes exaggerated by the allies to save face? He was actually fairly mediocre but a few fuck ups by the allies lead to him dominating for a bit.

First off its scholar. Second off you put fucking sherman on there.

>no Arminius
Is it because you romeaboos get butthurt when you realise your legions got btfo in Teutoburg forest?

At least try putting some numbers into it.
towardsdatascience.com/napoleon-was-the-best-general-ever-and-the-math-proves-it-86efed303eeb

Nigga wyd

You're gonna summon lindybeige

Intredasting, thanks.

Napoleon was higher. The fucker fought the whole europe for years, Khan just burned things and rode away

Subutai, although take into account that Subutai was a nobody until Genghis, he practically made him.

I'd rank Sherman above Rommel as he conducted successful large scale strategy while Rommel had problems with logistic and sufficiently dug in enemies that he couldn't just zerg rush once he went above the tactical level and into strategy.

So youre saying all my favorite generals were actually not so great?

You are missing Hannibal, Scipious and Nobunaga mate

>The fucker fought the whole europe for years, Khan just burned things and rode away
Khan was too busy winning and subjugating everyone for decades.
Napoleon won for a while, then got beaten down.

Also i forgot, you also missed Charlemagne, the kings on Spain that fought the Moors like El Cid campeador and basically all the good generals

No Saladin?

i forgot again, you also missed Vlad the impaler, the knights of Malta (I don't know who lead them) The polish kings which reketed ass to the muslim hordes and im shure there was a pretty kickass hungarian general in there too

Right you also reminded me again, you need to add the generals in the Qin empire when the empire of china was a thing and the russian Tsars

>he fell for the Rommel meme

>hernan cortez and shermeme
Niether are worth of this list and Pyrrhus should be higher than Rommel who is also a meme. Also Cincinnatus needs to be much higher.

The guy who conquered an empire and multiple tribes that had a population of millions with just 500 men should not be there.

Richard I thrashed him, ran out of money then wenthome , got captured and bankrupted England Paying his ransom
When you get beat 3 times by someone like that you no good

Cortes? What did he do that's so great

No Žižka? user, do you even history?

Fucked the Aztecs by rallying a bunch of pissed of natives

Bonnie should be pushed down by Zhuge Liang or Cao Cao. Subedei goes in the of the second row. Hannibal goes after Caesar. Four in third row are shit, throw them out. Rommel should be the end of third row.
Zhukov substituted brutality and politicking for strategy/tactics. Peter was euroboo, and it was his sole quality. Suvorov was godly, but his czar was a cock to end all cucks, and his empress before that was a gigawhore that cared little for war.

Weeaboo

bump

>one victory makes a man a military genius
>by ambushing a marching column
>in a dense forest

A 12 year old could win under those conditions.

>Call the Allies
>OH FUCK IT'S THE ALLIES

shit thread

prove it

The headline is very misleading, as the article is mostly a thought experiment. Genghis is probably the greatest general in history, having displayed both excellent battlefield tactics and political/military strategy. Honestly his second is probably the second most effective, having conquered a significant portion of eastern Europe with an expeditionary force. Cortez is obviously overvalued, his technology and disease did most of the work for him, the Aztec would not have fallen, even to their subject cities in revolt, without the decimation of smallpox having torn their cities apart.

>nobody ever respects best commander