Former sue marines

how about a chapter of space marines that used to be a bunch of rage worthy mary sues but have suddenly and unceremoniously had there otherwise impenetrable plot armour ripped of.
here's my idea
the chapter (let call them the Sons Of Suex for now) has a super op chapter master (lets call him Marshell Seux for now) who is a super powerful psyker or a super powerful untouchable or both somehow basically he's the most Mary of sue's to the point that even Cato Sicarius would blush
however one day recently, very recently, he's 1v1ing a Bloodthirster or something equally ridiculous when suddenly there's sort of a reverse Ollanius pius moment and he strait up dies. Just like that. The chapter doesn't even get to harvest his gene seed.

this isn't about Chapter Master Marshell Seux, Mary sue of Mary sues however.
This is about his chapter the Sons of Seux. you see not only was the death of the chapter master a massive blow to morale, but the poor sod who has to take over as chapter master now has realised just how much they relied on their old chapter master. up until now their battle tactics consisted of
1. Hold the line until Marshell Seux arrives
2. Watch
now that Marshell's dead the Sons of Seux don't really have a battle plan and while they do have the codex, Marshell Seux was such a crutch for the chapter that even the veterans have more experience cheer-leading then actual combat against an enemy that isn't fleeing from the super OP chapter master. This (coupled with the massive loss of morale) means the chapter is SUPER fragile right now. and to make matters worse the late great Marshell Seux made LOTS of enemys if they realise that he's dead then they'll take bloody revenge on his chapter

tl; dr
>Mary sue is badass and perfect and gets his own chapter
>until he dies that is
>now the chapter is alone and must survive without any Mary sues
>now they have to face the dead Chapter Masters many enemys, except this time they must do it without any plot armour

thoughts?

maybe we should roll them up?

well d10 for when it was Marshell Seux got his own chapter founded

Rolled 1 (1d10)

rolling

1–4 Strategic Prognostication - "Our tarot cards say there's going to be a threat here, maybe. Found a Chapter!"
i fucked up their it's why first not when sorry
now it's when d100

Rolled 36 (1d100)

interesting start.

31–40 36th Millennium (Cursed Founding, this Chapter be fucked)
i think the fucked part was delayed till now

d100 for progenitor sorry

Rolled 35 (1d100)

Could be a slow fuse on that curse.

everything was rosy until Marshell died
1-50 Ultramarine
he was a smurf
of course he was
d10 for purity

Rolled 9 (1d10)

8–9 Altered Stock - Gene-seed is altered and some implants are deficient - roll on Gene-Seed Deficiencies table
there cursed founding so this was happening anyway
but now it's happening TWICE
d10 for demeanour first though

Rolled 4 (1d10)

rolling

4 Purity Above All - Mutants? *BLAM* No.
this is more Marshells demeanour
the rest of the chapters demeanour originally went along the lines of
watch marshell do cool shit
and now
well...

anyway "d10 for mutations just one 1

Rolled 5 (1d10)

c'mon, something interesting, don't just give a missing fucking Betcher's gland.

Sounds like the perfect reason for a second founding chapter from the heresy.
>Chapter master was one of the best dudes ever from his legion (bonus points if his legion was traitors but he stayed loyal)
>Beat Sigismund in a duel, outwitted Alpharius, made art Fulgrim was jealous of
>After the heresy gets his own chapter
>His chapter is absolute bullshit mary sue
>Chapter master goes missing (not even killed, just led a crusade into the Eye of Terror or lost in the warp or something)
>Chapter begins a long, hard downhill slide

5 Disturbing Voice - Ranges from speaking like a creaking floorboard to having a deep, booming voice.
the glorious Marshell suex doesn't suffer from this BTW he's just to great
next up figure of legend Marshell suex of corse
but now that he's gone someones gonna have to be chapter master
d100

thank you
maybe when that big warp storm cut the imperium in half he set out to take care of it personally

his chapter misses him

>Not making their voices so beautiful that they cause envy or so commanding and powerful that no one can handle it
Gotta step up your sue game, user.

that's Marshells voice
the rest of the chapter sound like an anime protags nerdy friend that cheers on from the sidelines
or
they all used to sound like that but since the Chapter master went missing their voices have
changed....

how about a voice like pic related?

don't know it sorry

Rolled 47 (1d100)

forgot to roll

21-50 Chapter Master
since we're rolling for the guy who's trying to replace the nigh irrepressible Marshell seux as chapter master this doesn't fit
ROLL AGAIN d100

Rolled 64 (1d100)

maybe they had deep commanding voices before the chapter master left but now they've started breaking like the're going through puberty
men save
FEAR NOT GOOD GUARDS WE HAVE COME TO YOU
61-70 Master of Sanctity
now he's the chapter master
thems big shoes to fill
next up d100 for deeds of legend

Rolled 44 (1d100)

fuck the spaces didn't carry over
let me try again
FEAR NOT GOOD GUARDSmen WE HAVE COME TO SAVE you
26-50 The individual was a stalwart enemy of the servants of Chaos, and slew a Daemon Prince.
actually he helped the great Marshell Suex slay a daemon prince
but he was a good help
now d100 for home-world what noble planet did the great Marshell Suex call his home

Rolled 24 (1d100)

Probably got booted from holy Terra when the chapter master left.

Rolled 93 (1d100)

he has the best non terra world out there

01-30 Hive World
91-100 Fleet-based (d10 vessels, 50/50 chance of fleet being battle-ready or suffering from damage/other inhibiting complications)
i wanna go with fleet based
2d10 one for number of vessel one for the 50/50
maybe they had to settle down on an extra scummy hive world after the chapter master vanished

Rolled 6, 4 = 10 (2d10)

6 ships battle ready
however with no more Marshell Suex the chapter settled down on on an extra shitty hive world
like it's almost all underhives
and the machine spirits of the ships they do have are depressed that the GREAT Marshell suex is gone next up d100 for the terrain of their extra shitty hive world

Rolled 41 (1d100)

Rolled 52 (1d100)

26–50 Desert
51–60 Ice
you know the arctic is a desert because it never rains there
maybe it's so cold the water never evaporates
so it never rains
anyway d10 for how they rule their homeworld

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Rolled 6 (1d10)

could be like the Gobi desert, sand and powder snow blowing everywhere.

idea, on the day the sue dissapiered/died the sun of the world died and left it a barren, frozen desert

2-4 Stewardship - "Hi, Planetary Governor? It's me, the Chapter Master. Just calling you to remind you that I outrank you, even if I don't do anything."
5-10 Distant rule - "You see that castle up there? It's inhabited by the mighty sky-warriors of Emp-rar. Sometimes they come and steal our children."
that sounds horrible
i love it
maybe they used to be stewards but without they're old chapter master the planet doesn't respect them any more
now D10 for codex adherence

>Dr. Seux
>this entire chapter can only speak in his rhyming style

>i am the chapter master, i speak for my guys. stop the heresy or everyone dies

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Their apothecaries don't shut up about green eggs and ham

maybe with the chapter master gone they don't know how to intimidate people so they speak in rhyme because they think it makes them sound intelligent and mysterious
6-8 Divergent chapter
next up combat doctrine d10

Rolled 4 (1d10)

4 Stealth
more like they would hold the line until the Chapter master sneaked his way in and Mary sue'd the enemy into submission
now... well stealth can't be THAT hard
we rolled divergent so d100 for special equipment

Rolled 78 (1d100)

rolling for termie armour that they don't know how to use.

71-80 Special Vehicle: This Chapter prefers to ride into battle in more modern conveyances. While the traditional Space Marine vehicle is the Rhino, other Chapters may use more rare vehicles as primary transport. Examples: Modified Rhino, Land Raider, or Land Speeder
maybe they had some of the few Felblades left in the imperium (because of course they did) but with the chapter master gone they don't wanna wake up
so their transport was ancient & valuable heresy era super Heavy tanks
that won't turn on anymore
next up beliefs d100

Rolled 19 (1d100)

>
01-40 Revere the Primarch - "Our Spiritual Liege is better than yours!"
maybe instead of primarch its the former chapter master he was the most Mary of sues after all
now d10 for chapter strengh

Rolled 10 (1d10)

10 Over Strength: Some Chapters maintain more than the prescribed ten companies, though it is rare for more than a handful more to be fielded and even then only temporarily. It may be that the Emperor’s Tarot has predicted terrible losses ahead, or that the Chapter simply regards its numbers as optimal and cares little for the dictates of the Codex Astartes.
or maybe it was because Marshell suex was just soooooooooo great that he got extra
but that number might not stay so high
now allies
a lot of the their allies disappeared with the chapter master
but they have one left d100

Rolled 47 (1d100)

sounds similar to Raptors

46-50 Adepta Sororitas
bolter bitches great maybe less allies and more on the same planet as them
now enemys
the late great chapter master MARSHELL SUEX made lots of enemys
many an opponent of the imperium of man was left cursing his name in anguish swearing bitter revenge
and now that he's missing the opportunity for revenge is obvious
the chapter has not one not two but four enemys more then willing two take advantage of the chapters fragile state
4d100

Rolled 85, 93, 59, 43 = 280 (4d100)

80-87 A particular Chaos-aligned group (i.e., Traitor Titan Legion, Chaos pirates, renegade Imperial Guard, etc.)
88-97 The Dark Eldar (alternatively, you may select a particular Kabal or leader).
52-68 Chaos Space Marines (you should choose a particular warband, Chapter, or Traitor Legion)
43-51 The Tyranids (alternatively, you may select a particular Hive Fleet)
so a hive fleet
some chaos space marines
a delder kabal
and some other chaos forces lets say... lost and dammed with lots and lots of mutants (because the chapter hates mutants) mixed in with the survivors of a traitor knight house that the chapter almost destroyed
if any of these partys catch wind of Marshell's disappearance then they'll make sure that if he does return he won't have a chapter left to return to
the iron is hot right now and if the sons of suex are struck now...
well they should be grateful for those extra marines

wouldn't the marines team up with the lost and dammed? should we make them of different gods like the marines are emperor's children and the lost and damn with the titans follow tzeentch?

maybe they follow different gods but are united in one goal
fuck the sons of suex
if they catch wind of Marshell Suex leaving they'll team up for revenge purposes

well heres what we rolled
Marshell suex a ultramarine who's super and awesome and great and an unbearable mary-sue is given his own chapter during the 26th founding called the sons of suex because he's just so great
he saves a forge world and is given some of the last felblades in the imperium as a reward
his chapter lives on a super nice and shiny hive world with next to no crime and also has a fleet of ships because he's just so great
he take out a traitor knight house, a huge band of Chaos space marines, a big lost and dammed regiment, a hive fleet and a big dark eldar Kabal amongst other acomplishments
the rest of the chapter are also unbearable Mary-sues with deep commanding voices
they hold the line until the chapter master sneaks in and sit back and watch him kick ass they also get to be above strength because the're just great
every things great until the imperium gets split i half and the chapter master sets out with a bunch of his ships to fix it
he never comes back

Just one, neck yourself.

over the next 200 years things go bad for the Sons of Suex
their deep commanding voices start breaking like teenagers
the machine spirits of their felblades refuse to wake up anymore
they only have six ships left
the sun their planet revolve around starts to go out the planet freezes and becomes like the gobi desert except more frigid
the hives get taken over by mafia families and become crime-ridden shit-holes (more so then regular hives)
the marines are lost without Marshell suex and have next to no battle experience other then holding the line until the chapter master got there
and worse the Chaos space marines,traitor knight house, tyranid hive fleet, dark eldar Kabal and lost and dammed regiment are still around, huting but still around and they HATE the sons of suex if they catch wind of marshells disappearance they will strike while the iron is hot
the former chapter master was great but he was a massive crutch and the chapter is still reeling from his loss even after 200 years they are still overstrength but with their enemys sensing weakness this won't last for long
there beginning a long and painful slide down and the new chapter master has a job if their gonna reach the bottom alive

on it
while i'm doing that see if we can keep this thread alive until tomorrow morning

bump before i neck myself