Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Gloomy Cities of Shyish Edition

Previous Thread: Please don't stop shitting up the thread with politics, memes, and race-baiting
Do respond to bait, do not hide and report. Party on dudes (And dudettes) (And gyrocopter-identifying dudes)

>A Hobo's Guide to the Mortal Realms
youtube.com/watch?v=uU8HM3OuThk

>Misaligned Portents: Behind the Screen
youtube.com/watch?v=nUCtBuKs_co

>Resources, I swear
pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

>Core Rules, all four pages
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

>General's Handjob 2017
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

>Legion of Spooks
mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4

>Malign Piss
mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

>Army and Skirmish Warband Builder, though no-one plays skirmish
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

>Potato Farm Generator
repl.it/repls/FrivolousBelovedEmperorpenguin warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

>Daughters of Khaine (DoK) PDF
mega.nz/#!5cI3ATaL!2FnDYkQnjUzgY3_A6DVvQ8IOwHf4BoagXwk5Y9NducI

Thread Question
>What's an interesting army you would like to see living in the Realm of Death? Literal Incan mummy kings ruling over the living and being carried around on elaborate litters? Scarecrow-styled Slyvaneth from the Spooky Woods?

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Start-Collecting-Stormcast-Vanguard-2018
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for legacy elves!

first for president kroak

First for a nice thread without hateful shitposting

>Le funny OP meme

Eh, with the new Lore offering up bonuses, plus having redundency for Danse behind a LOS save and still only costing a little more than 100 points, you'll see a lot of necro spam even at 2000. Especially if they aren't going for Mortarchs for aesthetic or fluff reasons. If I find another model to use as one, I might, but I have no intention of bringing the Big Boy club in my Barrow Lord army. Which is whatevs.

So how the shit can I play a 3 player game of AoS without a dickload of rules to bog us down?

Me and my friend are trying to get our other friend into the game by getting all 3 of us to play in one battle. I know that player 1 vs player 2, winniner fights player 3 would probably be easiest, but I really just want 3 armies on the table at once

No, seriously, why the fuck did they give me 4 normal bases instead of slot bases?

check the generals handbook for Triumph and Treachery (free for all) and coalition of death (2v1)

theres tables for treachery points and secret objectives but you dont have to use them

Why do I want square bases, user? None of my other models are on squares.

Could you rate my bonebois army? I'm wondering between taking more Grave Guard and black knights, like this list, or dropping a Necromancer and taking 6 spirit hosts, a wraith, and 10 grave guard instead. It'd be more of a barrow Lords army than a deathrattle one at that point.

Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Ossific Diadem
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Decrepify
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- General
- Trait: Lord of Nagashizzar
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
15 x Grave Guard (240)
- Great Wight Blades
5 x Black Knights (120)

Total: 980 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 80

No, because it's literally the exact same 1000 point list that always gets posted. That I post, that other people post, etc. Except you went for an extra 5 GG instead of a Corpse Cart.

How many people do you know that play 'legacy' armies that didn't play WHFB?

If they are still around, they aren't legacy. Legacy is compendium only.

Out of the six people that play in my city, every single one is a Legacy army except for one guy that started KO as a secondary army in addition to his Nurgle Daemons. And only a single person actually play WHFB, as the city's dozen plus WHFB players swapped over to KoW.

He used quotes for a reason.

>O kurwa guys, look! I did it again lmao xD
Good job OP

100% of the AoS players I know play legacy armies and never played Fantasy.

I'm the only AoS player I know

Oh I had no idea. That's kinda weird. We all had the same idea, or is it just hard to make 1000pts of Death work?

I didn't play WHFB and I'm running a slaves to darkness army. I love the fact that they don't have a battletome but can use 6 different sets of allegiance abilities

It's solid. Like the other user said, Death is pretty restricted in 1000 points so you're close to the mark that a lot of people roll with. Personally I think 15 GG is an odd number, and I'd rather run 10 or 20, but whatever works for you.

sorry user but Nagash is a faggot with a penishat, so i can't rate your army objectively

I played Vampire Counts 16 years ago, Necrarch

I had a tomb king army and I never played WHFB

Just for you, sweetie.

Yeah, I might prefer just using 10 GG and slapping in a Corpse Cart to boost DI on my way into a fight.

It's just the best distillation of the Bonezone at 1000 points. It's got some of everything, it handles well enough. But you're talking about an army with a single elite infantry pick, a single regular infantry pick, and a single cavalry pick. Toss in Wight Kings and Necromancers and the option of Carts, and there's still not a whole lot that you can really play around with. Prior to LoN, you'd end up with a bit more space because you weren't hardstuck into 3 heroes at 1000 because reanimation was based purely on the units rather than on nearby heroes. So you'd run a Necro for Danse and a Wight King for Command and Banner, but then you ended up with bonus points to actually mess around. Now, your ability to list-build gets cut down pretty dramatically because of the fact that 1/3 of your army is locked away into mandatory hero slots, and you're just left stuffing the gap with your actual picks.

It's slightly better at 2000, and then Nagashite faggots will toss in Mortarchs and Vampire players can start hurling out the Prince, but prior to that, you're just hindered by the new structure of the army.

Does GW sell this guy by him or do I have to buy the box set?

Have you learned nothing, user? \

He's like $5 on ebay

eBay is your friend, pal

I feel a bit intimidated. Is the idea of using large blobs of standard greenskinz orruks a braindead idea?

I sort of feel like I may have made a mistake in getting into the game through this army.

The bitches where never rumored to be beautiful, healthy, or good. And we had old witch Aelfs models to judge from before, so not sure what point your memeing at, but keep up the book art posting.

Morathi isnt even a God, her creations are inferior.

Yep. Greenskinz are probably one of, if not the absolute, worst factions in the game.

REEE ELVES MUST BE FAP-BAIT REEE

Any suggestions about this list? The idea is to field all types of big dinos available and still be somewhat competitive.

What's the optimal loadout on skinks these days? I usually find javelins to be a bit more reliable

Tell me about it, I’m still sitting with 720points of Bloodbound and couldn’t give a hot beaver damn about ANY chaos army.

Is Everchosen-soup fun?

How does this look as a first list for my ironjawz?

Only have too finish painting my brutes/mawkrusha so i can get my first few age of sigmar games under my belt.

Fuck off. Everyone has been posting the exact same list as everyone else for the past 2 weeks, yours is very slightly different to a point that it doesn’t matter.

It’s a good no-Brainer list, not too flashy or anything, what more do you want to hear?

For fuck sake somebody end my fucking autism, I can't decide for a single army.
I am a fucking faggot for being incapable to make such a simple decision.
What do besides kms?

elves are supposed to be pretty.
there is no excuse for the art in the DoK book being so terrible.
The actual models look great.

do you actually disagree with any of those three opinions?

user, you might be the only greenskinz player on this planet. To be honest, I think that noone really knows how do they play. Please, try different tactics and tell us how are they doing on the table. What models do you have?

After a fuckin year of being torn between ironjawz and BCR I went to LGS and bought two Slaves to Darkness start collecting boxes. Best move ever. What do you want to start and why?

>ironjawz

My nigga. I would love to see your army if you have some pics

Drop a shaman, take one more warchanter if you have one

The art’s not terrible, they look like some real dank bitches scrapped up from Slaanesh’s vomit and told by a liar and former trophy-wife Queen they need to worship an old dead war god.

>replying to bait
Why?

Sure thing but you probably seen them already since i post my progress kinda regular on /wip and here

Is the shaman really that bad? What a shame i really love the model

Yes, the first one, because that heavily depends on the writer. One may describe them as too beautiful for words, another might describe them as incredibly creepy and their proportions as off, yet another might go for a mish-mash of both.

And someone just decided that Daughters of Khaine, the insane, twisted murder cult, are not pretty but creepy and demented.

Just as GW aren't entitled to your money for this faction, you aren't entitled to their factions fitting your assumptions about their looks.

I don't know what any of those things mean. I just thought it would be nice to talk about greenskinz.

Maybe I'm just a bit stupid. On paper, 3 attacks from 2 ranks at 4/4, from a block of 40, seems like it'd have all the chances to overwhelm whatever it touches bases with. Am I thinking in completely obsolete terms here?

I currently have a noobie blob of 120 greenskinz, 40 spear/shield 80 2 choppas, courtesy of ancient boxsets, and 2 "warbosses on foot" being mimed by old black orcs. Then there are two gitmob grot spearchukkas. I tried asking for advice on what direction to build to in the last thread, but I think the thread sort of caught fire and sank.

Out of those which have battletomes
Stormfaggots
Lizards
Sneks
non-battletome:
non-pestilens skaven
privateers

It's after 2pm EST user the shitposters are here stop responding

other 5 brutes are wip and the bases on these stil need to be done

Play Moonclan!

please not grots

Well, I didn't see them yet anyway. Love the red theme.

stay triggered fagget

your shitposting contributes nothing

Why are they blue?

Yes Grots.

well heres some more

because i like em that way

So I got the Blood Queen box and I'm almost done assembling that. What should I buy next to get to the generic 1k setup Death is restricted to? Barrow Lords? Skeleton Horde for Black Knights and another 10 Warriors?

add it to the list

Tyrion/Malekith elves are better than failed fish and Feminist elves

>doesn't even attempt to make his colorscheme fluffy
Disgusting. I wouldn't play you on principle.

>Yes Grots.
please no, i hate them.
I hate horde armies.
Can i play Orks non-horde? The Ironjawz i mean

How many people are just now starting Death. Holy shit.
Add 20 skeletons, Black Knights, and a Corpse Cart. Done.

>stormfaggots
If you like their aesthetics sure, but be warned that they are the most popular army right now so that kinda sucks if you want to feel unique

>lizards
bro tier army, can be fluffy but still very strong. This is what I would go for.

>sneks
The models look beautiful for sure, but an army feels like it would cost an arm and a leg at this moment. If that isn't an issue for you, go for it

hope i helped at least a bit

Sure, play Ironjawz with just Brutes and Gore Gruntas and Bosses, no 'Ardboyz.

>stay triggered fagget
Broken record, much? The only one who sounds triggered is the autist who won't shut up about elves not being hot glue-able anymore.

I know that, I'm mainly asking what is the most cost effective way to go about getting that in terms of real world money. Is it better to buy specific boxes or just go for the units themselves?

>most popular army
Why do you guys keep lying about this

should I be flattered that you're stalking me?

Thunderquake and Heavenswatch Stathosts are good if you want to take a bunch of dinos. I think Thunderquake might be a bit better, but Heavenswatch has more variety to it, but I think they're both worth taking.
I built my Skinks with javelins, but honestly I regret it. Sure it's easier to wound with them, but the range is so short that you likely won't be able to have all your Skinks in range to shoot. The blowpipes are nice because you can keep your distance and use your mobility to keep harassing your opponent.
Also I use Guard+Eternity warden as well, but honestly I regret going that path too. Guard are great with buffed but sadly I think you have to dedicate too many points to buffing them to make them worthwhile.
These are just my opinions though, feel free to get the models you like and playing with them yourself and see what works for you.

That's actually what I'm struggling with. You're going to have to get 20 skeletons one way or another, but you're not going to need another Mortarch, so I'd stay away from Skeleton Hordes. You don't really need another 10 Grave Guard or another Wight King, so Barrow Lords is a little odd to buy. That leaves buying them individually pretty much the only choice unfortunately.

>If you like their aesthetics sure, but be warned that they are the most popular army right now so that kinda sucks if you want to feel unique
I prefer this side of stormcucks
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Start-Collecting-Stormcast-Vanguard-2018
so maybe I still could be a special snowflake
>bro tier army, can be fluffy but still very strong. This is what I would go for.
I love them but some battleline models like saurus warriors are old...
>sneks are expensive
those are out then

I forgot about Ironjawz too, can i play them non-hore?

Could someone upload Advent 2017 AoS ebooks?
And The Path To Glory ?

Reposting this, shall be the last time I do. There's a balance between light and dark, and assuming that the balance doesn't get woefully distracted, I'd be willing to bet this is the plan for the next few years. I'm also willing to bet that when Dark Eldar get their codex, Mandrakes will be statted for AoS as Malerion's shadow Aelves.

That's how it seems to me. I might still get the Skeleton Hordes box just because I like the idea of collecting all three Mortarchs at some point, but I see your point. Looks like buying individual boxes of the units I need is the way to go

how much of your life do you spend thinking about me? its kinda fascinating how much I piss you off.

Fuck me, that was dumb. Maybe you shouldn't listen to my theories, then.

Because it's true?

There are 15 people in my playgroup, 6 plays stormcucks for example

Not hard when you've picked up a catch phrase you spout three times per thread at least and I have enough of a memory to remember the shitposters from last thread.

Don't flatter yourself, you're still not even Mid Tier on the /aosg/ shitposter scale. And you will never, EVER beat piss-kicker.

Ok here you go spergo

>Ironjawz got blue, because Ice or some shit maybe because they hang around a lot with Beastclaw raider buddys
>Ironjawz didnt like it much so they clad themselves in red and yellow armor because fire colors equals warm, right? right?

I´m really bad at making up fluff so i dont even try

Big if true

Chukkas are really handy, same as lobbers if supported by shaman. I think that you want to run your boyz in maximum blobs with spears to actually reach your opponent.

Soon

Is he the new Skarsnik

I play StD and never played fantasy.

>I play StD
heh

I get what you're saying, but is there any other way to run Death at 1000 really? I get that the 40 skeletons+Necromancer is a staple. But how would you run something like Legion of Night, which isn't really Deathrattle focused?

yeah but thats not even me in your picture there

you seem to think that everyone you disagree with is the same person. Its patent, plain, pathetic, how you shitpost every thread whining incessantly about how no one is talking about what you like and everyone is ruining everything because its not what you want. Its stupid, you should evaluate how you are spending your time, and what you are caring about. You are the worst shitposter on this sub because you never contribute anything and all you do is bitch.

Rate my FEC fluff inspired by today's story
>The Flesh-Eater lived "in armony" in Shyish until it was attacked by a Khorne warband and the previous king was killed
>His main wizard became the new king, and in the moment his delusion became everyone's delusion he had a vision of the God-King Nagash revealing him the way to win
>During a pause of the fighting he performed a ritual that should have allowed the FEC to gain the power of the dead allies and enemies, while it was actually just burning the bodies of the dead and splashing their bodies with the ashes
>Maybe it was just the placebo effect, maybe it was the Shyish magic the new king was subconsciously instilling in the ash, anyway they won and destroyed the Khorne army
>The new king chose to "take possession of the Khorne army territories", which meant travelling back the way the warband had come, adding the people that were starving and whose houses where destroyed by the horde to the court
>They eventually reached a Realmgate the warband had used to arrive to Shyish from Aqshy and they chose to use it as center of their realm, that would be found both in Shyish and Aqshy
>While never as effective as it was the first time it was used, the ritual has become central part of the court's preparations for battles, with them always fighting covered in ashes, though the unwillingness of all the ghouls of using even a small part of the cadavers for something that isn't a banquet makes it so that only the scraps are actually used to make ash, thus most of the army is only dirt with ash in some spots, with only the king showing a "Kratos" style

No, he's a Shaman.

I'm only seeing all skellies all the time. How are zombies these days?

Nerfed into irrelevancy

Quite nerfed by losing the abilities of fusing units

Hey guys, rate my original Death army composition
Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Ossific Diadem
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Decrepify
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- General
- Trait: Lord of Nagashizzar
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
15 x Grave Guard (240)
- Great Wight Blades
5 x Black Knights (120)
20x boneboi with bones (20)
Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 100

Use the new lore.

>Were there when Lunaghast first showed up
>What few secrets the brutal Orruks had are drained by the moon, but they don't have many
>In attempting to get more from them, the magic of Lunaghast drains away their green color, probably should have killed them but as Ironjaws they're the toughest of the tough and shrug it off
>All future greenskins spawned by this clan, be they orruk or grot, are marked by the clan's perseverance in the face of Lunaghast

Don't know, and not to be insensitive, I don't really care. Deathrattle player before LoN, Deathrattle player after. I'd imagine you'd start caring less about having sources of DI in the same vein as Legion of Blood, looking more towards replacing Skeletons with Spirit Hosts and Black Knights and Grave Guard with Hexwraiths. Black Coach has actually been buffed to being semi-decent-ish, too. Though then you're just left kinda looking at an inferior Nighthaunt army without any ability to deepstrike and still requiring Necromancers for the Coach to power up.

They got a really sneaky long-dicking in LoN that's made them pretty fucking trash. They "buffed" them, except the buff only really hits at a couple of more or less irrelevant points -- like 1-9 models, and another point as well -- while it now requires more more zombies to be fully online as far as buffs go. Additionally, they straight-up axed the unique mechanic that allowed you to merge two weak units into a full-strength unit which was probably the most interesting thing about zombies and something I was personally hoping to see if they actually expanded the faction with zombie animals.

I was desperately hoping for something like Zombies, Zombie Crows, Zombie Dogs, and Zombie Hulks. Quick and dirty ideas, but it could've been fun.

>sub
Thank you, now I know I can safely disregard literally everything that comes out of your cock holster.

This is a joke, right?